• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf! |OT| Making Animal Friends Is Awesome?

FluxWaveZ

As someone who was Mafia in a season 3 game with Darryl, I'll just say that these types of plays really fuck with the Mafia and get in their heads.

I'd refrain from posting for a bit if I was you. You're digging yourself deeper with each new post.

Digging myself deeper, huh... Well, this point of contention seems to be coming to an end anyways since we're going in circles, but I don't have any reason to refrain when I'm not scum and there's no guarantee Darryl isn't.

Though, it's interesting. Darryl omitted listing you in their "scum list" even though they specifically called out random vote pressure, which you did immediately before that post. And now you've quickly changed your vote once again, after having done so from Rolanderson to Darryl. And then Darryl's at the top of your "definitely town" list with this description:
Putting a big target on hirself, very pro-town

batsnacks

Ok my plan of attack is to read the thread and assign points based on things people say that I think are alignment indicative. A townie post gets +1 point and scummy post gets -1 point. After doing this I will very carefully throw away all of the results and formulate a new plan because this point system sucks now that I think about it.

Can't help but feel Palmer and I caused this.

Yikes.

Sorry QB. Kind of.

It's actually a good thing you posted, since I was about to vote for Gorlak.

Digging myself deeper, huh... Well, this point of contention seems to be coming to an end anyways since we're going in circles, but I don't have any reason to refrain when I'm not scum and there's no guarantee Darryl isn't.

Though, it's interesting. Darryl omitted listing you in their "scum list" even though they specifically called out random vote pressure, which you did immediately before that post. And now you've quickly changed your vote once again, after having done so from Rolanderson to Darryl. And then Darryl's at the top of your "definitely town" list with this description:

I'll explain this again, my first three votes were cast on players who hadn't posted yet. And out of those three players, Darryl was the only one who contributed something, so yeah, he's high on my list of townies.

Now that everyone's posted, I'll start going after players who are acting suspicious.

El Topo

Hi I'm batsnacks. I always lynch d1, I like voting early, I don't like speculating about possible roles on day 1, and I like people who like the same things as me. I haven't read most of the thread yet. Nice to meet you!

Hi there, fellow. Welcome to the game.

VOTE: batsnacks

Andodalf

Banned
VOTE: Darrly

Im basically aligning myself with flux, hope this doesn't bite me. Im still trying to find my footing here, everyone feels like they have ulterior motives. Ive read the first 15 some pages of the NX game, thats pretty much all I'm the mafia knowledge I have.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Im basically aligning myself with flux, hope this doesn't bite me. Im still trying to find my footing here, everyone feels like they have ulterior motives. Ive read the first 15 some pages of the NX game, thats pretty much all I'm the mafia knowledge I have.
NX?

Yeah, that game was def. Not standard procedure.

AlsoI should probably move my vote from Cabot, since I'm liking his drunken ravings.

VOTE: Timeaisis

FluxWaveZ

Aside: Make sure to properly write down the username of those you vote for, since I believe the mods are using a kind of software to compile them.

How does being bulletproof save you from werewolfs. Werewolfs don't use guns.
B4z8jsY.gif
Ever watch Underworld?

It seems kind of odd to be aligning with someone so soon.

I personally don't have any strong reads yet, so I'm going to vote later.

Yeah "because you're scum" isn't exactly a legitimate reason.

As for my no lynch comment- kinda hard to take a shot at someone when we have no info aside from a few assumptions that a roleblock went off / the mafia decided not to do anything for some bizarre reason. Again, though things might change in the remaining hours.

We're basically just shooting at random right now.

Darryl

Banned
VOTE: Darryl
Even if you are good, I think you need to slow down

How do you guys feel about these three players: Flux, RobotNinjaHornets, and Ultron87

You're scum because you don't give a fuck about town. You're in self-preservation mode hardcore. Nothing you are saying is town or in the interest of helping town. You just want me to fuck off because I'm onto you and you don't believe you deserve it. You don't want to be blindly shot day #1.

Bringing up garbage points you don't fully understand ("you slipped up on your list!"). Do you even understand the methodology behind the list? You don't even care, because as far as you're concerned it only matters whether or not you're on it. So instead its easier to discredit the list, and me.

You're scum. Scum #1 is found. Now who is #2?

So this post gets me kind of hard. I love this confidence.

Yeah "because you're scum" isn't exactly a legitimate reason.

As for my no lynch comment- kinda hard to take a shot at someone when we have no info aside from a few assumptions that a roleblock went off / the mafia decided not to do anything for some bizarre reason. Again, though things might change in the remaining hours.

We're basically just shooting at random right now.

Welcome to Gafia!

Andodalf

Banned
Oh no, sorry--

Wait no deaths what

Palmer I thought you said there'd be death

What is going on

This is very weirdly phrased, but its hard to tell through text.

Guess we should probably get the lynch vs no lynch debate going

I say definitely lynch. Especially as I'm assuming we'll have more info than usual since some power roles will have already done stuff.

No lynchers, there's a wall over there you can stand against. Thx.

But this is pro town, no?

and I have no hard feelings on Ultron.

Both defend you as just being Darryl, despite One voting for you.

batsnacks

Yeah I don't think Darryl is hurting town and I more or less support his boldness. I can understand being uncomfortable on the receiving end but having passionate, strong opinions is a town trait. Mafia doesn't want to commit to strong words especially this early because it limits their options later.

Darryl

Banned
And Darryl, would you care to share your list rational? That's my biggest hold up with you.

Like I said, the list is the first posters to comment on the no kill. Based on my experience with these games, mafia are always quick with sympathy posts. So obviously there is scum in that list, likely multiple. I fixated on the new player because he was an anamoly and I tried to see if he would slip if pressured, which he did.

Feeling like everyone has an ulterior motive is the best part of mafia. Everyone could be scum!

Andodalf

Banned
Like I said, the list is the first posters to comment on the no kill. Based on my experience with these games, mafia are always quick with sympathy posts. So obviously there is scum in that list, likely multiple. I fixated on the new player because he was an anamoly and I tried to see if he would slip if pressured, which he did.

ah okay, I agree. Robot seems like a possible scum of those initial posters.

FluxWaveZ

Jesters win if they get lynched. They aren't used often in GAF mafia iirc. I'd just like to rule the possibility out completely. This is the first non themed game I am playing in so I half expect roles from Town of Salem.

I guess Fundamental rule #3 prevents me from answering this, but we do know the answer.

El Topo

That said, I don't think anyone likes the Jester role, so personally I'm not expecting it. It just doesn't really work well with the concept.

FluxWaveZ

A few questions for Palmer: When is the exact time this day phase ends, and could we have a link to the day 1 starting post in the OP as a quick reference for a delimitation point?

Palmer_v1

A few questions for Palmer: When is the exact time this day phase ends, and could we have a link to the day 1 starting post in the OP as a quick reference for a delimitation point?

It will end 6pm CST, the 23rd. 96hours from when it started. The timer site is blocked for me at work, so I can't update it until later today.

Can somebody post the Royal_flush link for me? I forgot to link it in the OP. I think that includes a link to where each day started, along with the vote counts.

Style

Banned
So while still new to the game I have some input about the start. Soundtrack for my post.

So what do we know so far? Night passed and no one has been killed. This leaves us with two possibilities.

1) The mob/werewolf didn't make a vote.
- They might have done this to stir up turmoil or because they couldn't single out a good target at this point in the game.

2) They did vote on someone, but said the hit on said someone was blocked either because of immunity by role or some other role protecting the target.

If the second possibility did indeed happen, the scums must be pretty riled up because their target wasn't taken out. I say look at the most confused and aggressive villagers. The scums might try to take out their first target by lynching instead to eliminate whatever element that protected their first victim. Follow the votes.

Style

Banned
Is someone keeping tabs on who votes for who and is it open for everyone to see? Going through the thread to check myself is a hassle (especially if you vote twice, with no unvote in between!).

Top Bottom