• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

cabot

screw cabot.

anyways brb

south-park1.gif

CzarTim

Vote: Swamped

Swamped is giving me ~vibes~

Would also vote TB. Not feeling a darryl or corn vote at this point.

Cabot should be deputized. Or me, I'd never kill a newbie night one. Really don't like the deputize the lynch target plan.

cabot

Vote: Swamped

Swamped is giving me ~vibes~

Would also vote TB. Not feeling a darryl or corn vote at this point.

Cabot should be deputized. Or me, I'd never kill a newbie night one. Really don't like the deputize the lynch target plan.

What's your reason for TB? He hasn't stood out to me at all, or is that the reason?

cabot

This is a question for Palmer, since its essentially a public role and all, maybe he can clarify:

Will the lynch idea work in theory? what happens when this goes down.

CzarTim

What's your reason for TB? He hasn't stood out to me at all, or is that the reason?

I actually agree with Darryl that this post feels like scum trying to distance himself from the whole deputizing thing. If I were scum, I wouldn't want to touch that thing either. The next person to become sheriff is going to be under a lot of scrutiny.

Palmer_v1

This is a question for Palmer, since its essentially a public role and all, maybe he can clarify:

Will the lynch idea work in theory? what happens when this goes down.

If the Deputy is lynched, Drop will have to pick a new Deputy on the following Day. If Drop is killed before that, there won't be a Sheriff nor Deputy any longer.

cabot

If we do it by vote, palmer, will you aid in collecting the votes, or will that be on us?

(I have a feeling I know this answer)

Gonna go back and re-read the thread, but I have some thoughts on CB. I don't really get the scum vibe from him. If I had to make an early guess, it would probably be a neutral trying to kill Darryl, but it's not a hard guess by any stretch of the means.

If I am neutral then I still am not town. You should probably treat any suspected neutral as if they were scum.

I'm not neutral though.

cabot

If we're doing the voting thing let's set a 24 hour clock on it. I want it to be over long before deadline.

The jurys out on this phase, because of turkey day and how a section of the populace aren't very active.

We either do a small vote which may contain more wolves that get close to equating town numbers, but as discussed, wolf having deputy right now doesn't really risk anything.

or

we let drop decide.

I'm gonna talk Palmer's response as a 'No fucking way' on gathering votes.

You trust in his judgement? That's a weird thing to do.

Nonsense, think for yourself. Don't you dare use me as a fallback. I was highlighting I essentially disagree with you, don't lay off if you still think I'm wrong.

I was working under the assumption that Darryl from last game was typical Darryl. I associate aggression with taking charge.

Yet Cabot, who has seen Darryl in more than one game (and my game with Darryl only lasted 1 day phase), says that no Darryl usually is aggressive without taking charge.

Since I'm unwilling to read the other games Darryl has been in, I'm choosing to trust Cabot on that. If someone else who has played with Darryl before agreed with me, they probably would have spoken up. But nobody did.

This doesn't mean Darryl is town, but it does mean I have no more basis for my suspicions.

It is funny that you're calling me scum because i'm not being aggressive and another guy (lollipop dave) is calling me aggressive because i'm being aggressive. I want to say stuff about your past playstyles too, but I'm not. This isn't fun and I don't care if it leads to mafia if it is going to bog the game down. At least attempt to make this game approachable for new players and outsiders to get interested. I'll follow this with what I think is an actual personality analysis.

Says the dude who practically bullied Flux relentlessly. You have no room to talk.

cabot

So this is currently who I'd throw a vote on in D1 :-

Not getting town reads, various levels of suspicion:
05 [m] FluxWaveZ - New
09 [m] ultron87
20 [m] batsnacks
25 [f] Swamped
28 [m] Boo Boo 'n - New
04 [m] Lollipop Dave - New

Said round about nothing:
18 [m] Terrabyte20xx
03 [m] Style - New
11 [f] StarSketch
15 [m] GreatLord Tiger
19 [m] Makai
29 [m] Fireblend

Mostly inactive:

23 [m] Rats Off To Ya
14 [m] Timeaisis
10 [m] MattyG

Definitely Inactive:

08 [m] RobotNinjaHornets
13 [m] QuantumBro

I considered putting Terra in the top group after Tim directing me to that post about deputising, but yeah he'll sit in the 'nothing' realm for now. CB is not there for D1, but I still find him suspicious. He is posting and active though, so he will be re-examined after this day barring any super weird activity.

17/29 players, what a damn mess. I hate Turkey Day.

*Splinter

Alright, time to make some reads. I'm pulling names from memory, so anyone I don't mention probably isn't standing out enough (and is therefore inherently suspicious)

Darryl

A slightly slow start compared to last time, however as others have mentioned this isn't necessarily suspicious. I was slightly surprised at his reluctance to respond to me, but in fairness those initial questions where laughably weak.

One thing Darryl has done to stand out is to openly request to be Deputy. Personally I don't agree with this as a strategy, but its more likely to be a town play that I just disagree with rather than a scum play. I doubt scum would even want to be Deputy this early in the game, that role only really becomes useful to them much later.

Regarding the Deputy role, Darryl had this post that I liked:
The heat is because if he knew he was town, why would he not want it? He knows there is scum out there. It is a scum move to take a hands off "I don't want to nominate myself blah blah let him decide". This removes him from the stress of putting himself out there and in front of scrutiny. I didn't see Zipped pulling this so I didn't call him out on it.
This is another idea that I personally disagree with. I think town PRs might want to avoid being deputy as much as scum do, and even selfish town non-PRs might do the same. Still, I can certainly see where Darryl is coming from on this point.

His suspects, as far as I can see, have been myself, CornBro, Terra and Flux. Me/Corn kind of feels like he's just attacking his aggressors, which is an annoying habit but not at all inconsistent with before the reset. (More on CornBro later, but I slightly agree with Darryl here). His suspicion of Terra I think relates to the quote already discussed. I don't think he's mentioned Flux at all apart from saying he considered voting for him, it would be nice if Darryl could elaborate here.

Overall, I think Darryl is town. However I'll add a small note here to say that I am much less confident with this read than I was previously (as in, before reset). This could just be because Darryl has been less active (Thanksgiving, fair) or even the difference is me being a player instead of a spectator. I'll keep an eye on him of course but for now he is not a contender for my vote.

CornBro

I find myself agreeing with a lot of Corn's posts. Sleepwalkers are probably town, Sheriff role sounds dangerous, some decent brainstorming on the Deputy issue. All of this is fine, and Corn seems very keen in general (which is about what I expect from him - I sometimes call him "KeenBurrito"*).
*not really but I'm totally doing this in future

Corn has spent a good chunk of today tunneling Darryl. Tunneling is another behavior previously seen in Town-Corn ("TunnelBurrito"? "CornTunnel"? "CornBurritunnel"? Nah), but the weird part here is that Corn actually started this from his very first fluff-filled posts:
Darryl isn't here so I'm going to take his role.

Darryl, you're abso-fucking-lutely scum this time. Why else aren't you taking the lead?
This was one of the first posts of the game, the only non-fluff post at this point was my initial questions (also to Darryl).
How about I give you the actual D tonight?
This was to Cabot, I am quoting this purely because it makes me laugh.
Darryl had a dog avatar when he was town last game.

Now he has a cat avatar. Cats are the opposite of dogs. Therefore his alignment is the opposite of last game.
His last post of the fluff phase, after this we're into sleepwalker territory.
Now that could be purely coincidence, but its easily one of the strangest parts of today for me.

Later in the day (and possibly following my lead?) Corn starts to attack Darryl for real. Frankly neither side was particularly convincing in this, lots of "you are so scum" comments and at times it felt like Darryl was fighting a clone of himself. I could really see Corn's actions either way here:
a) Scum-Corn is hot out the gate undermining a strong town player. Unfortunately for him he overdoes it a bit and gets egg on his face.
b) Town-Corn observes an expected strong town player being... less strongly town, and attacks. Unfortunately for him he overdoes it a bit and gets egg on his face.
Since then he has stuck to his guns on Darryl, voting for him and continuing to push the point in his recent comments to Cabot and Topo. [Update: I see him moving away from this now "trusting [Cabot's] judgement". This doesn't really help him]

Overall, I suspect Corn is scum. Reading back through my analysis on him he comes across slightly more town than I was expecting, but my actual read on him has been gradually shifting to scum throughout this entire phase. Its another weak read, but it is scum at the moment.

Sorry CornBro :(

Cabot

I was pretty confident Cabot was scum before the reset, and he was. Tim and Corn have expressed similar, sorry Cabot I guess you're just an easy read ^^

I don't have the scum read on Cabot this time. Its possible he's figured out how we read him last time and has adapted to it, or he could just be town. I suspect the latter. (I see no reason to elaborate on his #scumtell, sorry again Cab ^^)

I don't think there's much I need to draw attention to here. There is a soft-defend of terrabyte?
I think Terra is just hurt because that's his favourite thing to open a mafia game with in the whole wide world, Splinter.
This was after both Cabot and Terra voted for me. Neither vote was unusual (or even unexpected) though, so I'm not reading much into this. If Terra flips scum later? ehh maybe, probably still nothing.

Cabot is town. I'm reasonably confident on this one, or at least as confident as you can be D1.

CzarTim

I honestly can't read Tim. At all. I did try! I even threw some questions at him. But no. He is the unreadable MAFIA GOD, as always.

It doesn't help that he's been slightly less active this time around, especially when you filter out the pre-game or obvious joke posts. The few posts remaining are pretty good I guess? To his credit, he doesn't needlessly repeat things that have already been said (unless directly questioned). That suggests he isn't clamoring for pro-town points.

I guess I'll lean town, but I'm honestly not basing this on much.

Swamped

Another hard to read former-Despairio (seriously, best mafia team? Best mafia team. How did we even lose that game? Oh).

As with Darryl, Swamped has asked to be Deputy. From this first part of this post:
Well, I was more hoping for a reaction from you and other players. If you had called attention to it, I thought others would pile on seeing as you are Village-aligned, and there could have been wolves among them. Instead, what we got was a bunch of people with some vague statements saying "I'd be suspicious of anyone who pushes for their own deputization", but nobody openly calling me out. Still not sure what to make of that, but it feels like the sort of excuse a wolf could hide behind.

I'm going to look more closely at those who made those vague statements, as I feel like the wolves would have wanted to distance themselves from the whole deputization thing. They gain hardly anything from it in the early stages of the game, it's unnecessary attention on them.

I will also look at those who were suspicious of the sleepwalker claims right off the bat.

So, here are a list of nominations for Deputy so far:

1. Darryl (self-nominated)
2. Swamped (self-nominated)
3. Boo Boo'n (self-nominated)
4. Ultron (by popular demand)

I would also like to add:

5. Drop's personal nomination (take your time, no rush. This will be based on your own reads for today and who you think is most Village.)

At first I thought this was a CzarTim joke, but you seem serious? So here is the truth: I am a Village.

---

Regarding Dave's posts - I don't think a wolf would post so fluffily. I am unsure if a neutral would. I think he's Village.
it sounds like she was trying to bounce a gambit of off the Sheriff "to see what happens". To me that's a fairly town-y move, actively seeking new leads on a day with no real information (reminds me of her D1 alliance of MGS (and HP?)).

Swamped is an experienced scum, certainly capable of faking pro-town behavior. As such, there's nothing else in her posts that gives me a strong feeling in any direction. (Maybe thats unfair, if anyone else was making these posts I'd be giving them a stronger town read. My bias is showing.)

I think Swamp is a Village.

kingkitty

As head of the Official kingkitty Fan Club this can be another blind spot for me, but here goes.

kitty has been dropping comments with his usual aloofness, however there was this one pair of very odd posts early on:
oh it started, well I believe in no-lynch

I also believe I will be a little preoccupied with my deep-fried turkey tomorrow, so yeah.
LOL I meant I DO believe in day 1 lynching

no-lynching is for the weak
Now as any member of the Official kingkitty Fan Club will tell you, kingkitty supports blood for the blood god. So his initial call for no-lynch obviously sets off all of the alarm bells. Fortunately (for him) he almost immediately corrected himself, so I think I can ignore this as a simple typo. If his correction had been later I might think a teammate had pointed this out for him, but there's literally one minute between those posts.

Beyond that, nothing stands out too much, but its all normal-looking townie stuff. Some speculation on sleepwalker gambits; he answers my question to him decently enough (there wasn't much new or interesting in there but thats not unreasonable for early D1); now started chasing inactives. If there's anything out of character in all this its that he's been slightly more helpful than usual? I'm not going to complain about that though.

Overall, a slight town read. No real alarm bells rung besides the post that was most likely a typo.

Zzz getting bored now, are we nearly there yet?

By the way I'm unlikely to be voting for anyone I've mentioned so far. Slight chance for CornBro but even he I'm not that confident on. He'll continue to be an active poster either way, and if he's scum I think this will become more obvious as time goes on.

Ok, lets speed this up, who's next?

Ultron

As previously mentioned, Ultron hasn't posted much beyond his role claim. Since then, he has made one post:
I was doing holiday stuff yesterday and will be driving home for a good portion of today. So I won't be around a ton today. Should be on tomorrow.

Current feelings, off the top of my head after a quick read:

Darryl - Certainly acting different this game but I don't really see that as much of a tell. I almost feel like if he was Scum he'd be trying harder to be acting the same way he was last time.

Who to suspect - Feels like there are a ton of people barely posting right now. The US holiday probably explains. There are so many people in this game that I suspect most of the wolves are hiding in the crowd. Besides Darryl, most players that *are* posting are basically playing to their usual parts. So nothing stands out right now.

Deputy musings - I guess I'd rather try and keep the double vote power alive then kill it. If wolves get it it's not like they can blatantly abuse it or pass it to another wolf without arousing a ton of suspicion.
Not much here, although that is an interesting point on Darryl. He blames Thanksgiving for his relative inactivity, which I can't argue against. I guess I have to give him a pass for now?

I still trust his role claim at the moment, but if his contributions don't start picking up soon that could change. It does kind of feel like he made his D1 gambit and then decided that would be enough to carry him through the day. But again, holiday excuse, fair enough, moving on.

I'll give Ultron a town read, but he hasn't done much to earn it yet.

CrimsonFist

Crimson was one of the two volunteers (along with Lollipop Dave) who answered when I posted during the lull this morning. Its a small thing, but it strikes me as pro-town. It would be extremely easy to ignore my open request and leave the thread in silence.

Throughout the game Crimson's posts have never seemed particularly cautious. He weighs in on issues as they come up and isn't afraid to explore them further (for example, he spent quite a bit of time discussing "the Deputy issue" and how best to deal with it.

Crimson did offer up some early reads:
If we're doing reads now, I'll agree with Cabot being town. He's been pretty much leading discussion so far after all, and Darryl would be one of my bigger suspects for mafia, especially considering that he seemed pretty insistent on getting the deputy role earlier.

Aside from that, Flux's less frequent posting style stands out, although his reasoning is understandable, and I'm not sure I entirely believe Xam's claim, but then that topic has been discussed to death at this point anyway. I don't really feel like I have a good enough read on anyone else at this point.

and for the sake of furthering discussion: Style, you haven't said much, and I thought you made some pretty good reads in the last game. What are your thoughts on things?

We can't, he has to nominate someone.
The only thing that slightly stands out here is his empty comment on Flux - it could even be read as a soft defense of him. For this, I decided to ask Crimson for his opinion on Flux specifically:
Flux seems to have almost exclusively commented on the sheriff/deputy issue, which isn't in itself suspicious, seeing as it's been a hot topic. I don't really see anything there that stands out as a major scumtell, and he did propose the best solution we have to the deputy issue.

I guess neutral for now. Seeing as the last game was his first, and he pretty much got himself killed by being so active, I don't want to put too much weight on him trying to reign it in a bit, but I would like to hear his stance on a few more non-deputy issues.
"neutral" was later clarified to mean null-read.
This could, again, be considered a soft defense of Flux, but still I think his comments here are fair.

I think Crimson is town. However, if either he or Flux flip scum at any point it might be worth going back and looking at their interactions.

Alright fuck this I'm going to play CoD, more later/tomorrow

*Splinter

btw, next on my to-do list was Lollipop Dave, Boo Boo'n, Terrabyte and Zipped. I feel like my first vote could land in that group, although I probably have more people to look at first

Warxard

Banned
3) I looked back at your quote, you specifically mention a pro-town role:

Bolded the obvious section, that describes a power role, whereas your response to me implies you meant just a townie. Which is it?

I did say 'may or may not have PRs' in the previous response to you. It could be either way.

*Splinter, I don't mind you scum reading me. I do think a lot of effort went into your analysis. When you were scum, you always did stuff that -looked- like it took some effort but actually didn't. Now you actually put in some solid effort. I'll lean town on you.

btw, next on my to-do list was Lollipop Dave, Boo Boo'n, Terrabyte and Zipped. I feel like my first vote could land in that group, although I probably have more people to look at first

My great and worthy opponent... Another time, another place we were but students, now we live in this town and must live in relative peace. I know not what alignment you are, but yet you propose that a vote against me would be a good idea. Nay, I say Nay! Death should not come prematurely to either of us on this day.

Thanksgiving is rough y'all. Car rides today, dinner and shopping yesterdayz

*Splinter

My great and worthy opponent... Another time, another place we were but students, now we live in this town and must live in relative peace. I know not what alignment you are, but yet you propose that a vote against me would be a good idea. Nay, I say Nay! Death should not come prematurely to either of us on this day.

Thanksgiving is rough y'all. Car rides today, dinner and shopping yesterdayz
giphy.gif

*Splinter

*Splinter, I don't mind you scum reading me. I do think a lot of effort went into your analysis. When you were scum, you always did stuff that -looked- like it took some effort but actually didn't. Now you actually put in some solid effort. I'll lean town on you.
btw I hate to correct you when you are town reading me, but those spreadsheets where a shit ton of work :p

cabot

The only admition I can think of would be that those sheets helped me more as scum than they would as town

what the hell kind of spelling is that?

it's like if admission and badmintion had backalley sex and badminton got preggers on it.

Yeah, I've given up prodding for now. Happy Thanksgiving to you americans, me and Splinter will be other here using Sorian as our third party message exchange service.

cabot

words cannot describe how infuriated I am that I called out Splinter on spelling and I had three separate mistakes in my post, one of which I can't even edit anymore.

*Splinter

words cannot describe how infuriated I am that I called out Splinter on spelling and I had three separate mistakes in my post, one of which I can't even edit anymore.

what the hell kind of spelling is that?

it's like if admission and badmintion had backalley sex and badminton got preggers on it.

Yeah, I've given up prodding for now. Happy Thanksgiving to you americans, me and Splinter will be other here using Sorian as our third party message exchange service.
<3

kingkitty

Does anyone think Xam and Ultron could be lucky buddies? That'd be neat. Doesn't seem like a very safe/good strategy though if true. (Although when I was a lucky buddy, my strategy on day 1 wasn't very good either).

Also, obviously much of the inactivity is still due to the turkey haze. But at the end of this day phase, everyone should post at least once, so I know they haven't overdosed on gravy.

Does anyone have anything interesting to ask me? If not I'll be watching TV.

cabot

god fucking damn at the second error.

Does anyone think Xam and Ultron could be lucky buddies? That'd be neat. Doesn't seem like a very safe/good strategy though if true. (Although when I was a lucky buddy, my strategy on day 1 wasn't very good either).

Also, obviously much of the inactivity is still due to the turkey haze. But at the end of this day phase, everyone should post at least once, so I know they haven't overdosed on gravy.

How angry are you that Makai is here with us? What do you plan to do?

batsnacks

Who you going to vote? I want to talk about who people are voting cause I don't know who to vote. I'm a fan of the *splinter approach and making a list of all the memorable people, then voting outside that list. I think that works well in big games.

*Splinter

I hope not. Lucky Buddies were ridiculous.

I did consider the possibility that they are masons or something, but then the whole gambit makes no sense, especially as Ultron distanced himself from Xam's claim

Top Bottom