• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interview in 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
One time I was in an interview and I kept worrying about my fucking hand placement.

Worst thing ever.

Goodluck OP!

edit:

Well done OP.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
One time I was in an interview and I kept worrying about my fucking hand placement.

Worst thing ever.

Goodluck OP!

edit:

Well done OP.

ya it was weird usually you show off your portfolio etc except the principal sat at his desk, the vice principal sat across from him on the other side and my chair was just off on the side and i didnt really have a table to lean on etc so I had my portfolio on the table never used it cus talked most the time however it felt a tad uncomfortable not having something to put my elbows/hand son so i had my water bottle in my lap and held that

Ill post as soon as i find out it may be as soon as tomorrow apparently

dekline

Well done OP! Yes, interviews suck, especially when there's more than one person interviewing you. In the end you either get the job or you don't but it sounds like you got it in the bag.

Looking forward to seeing if you landed the gig!

TheStruggler

Didnt get the job, he said I was flawless on everything my energy included however their only problem was I was self taught for sewing. Anyways back to the other job atleast, this was something to apply for if wanted to move to a diff school

EDIT: Going to watch some daredevil tonight and do fuck all

Infinite

Didnt get the job, he said I was flawless on everything my energy included however their only problem was I was self taught for sewing. Anyways back to the other job atleast, this was something to apply for if wanted to move to a diff school

That's too bad homie but now you got the hunger and confidence now. Good luck.

dekline

That's too bad JK-Money. But hey, that's life. Just get back on your feet and try something else. It sounds like you're great with interviews so it shouldn't be a problem finding something else.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

Sorry to hear. But now you know that your execution is great and you just missed out on an arbitrary requirement.

Take that confidence and knock your future interviews out of the park.

TheStruggler

part 2 have a different interview with a different school tomorrow, Foods and Nutrition here i come

TheStruggler

just got back from interview, feel like again I knocked it out. I am starting to realise instead of being nervous I am actually quite good at interviews when I am calm and collected. Two ladies were before me however they were older probably 40's, only reason I can see one of them being chosen is because they have more "experience" so my selling point was I am young, energetic, passionate and fun, I never teach the same way twice I am constantly changing and adapting because i realise all students learn differently and I want to be able to accommodate them because all students deserve equal chance for success.

Thanks gaf, keep you posted.

Ingeniero

Well done, I hope you get the job.
I have realised that I am very good at interviews as well, good thing to have.

TheStruggler

part 3 interview coming up lol I am a supply teacher so I work everyday but I wouldnt mind a standard stationary position at a school, wish me luck gaf. Also a funny thing, the principal interviewing me used to be my principal when I was a student. Good thing I was a good kid and never got into any trouble lol

TheStruggler

GOT THE JOB BITCHES
jonah-hill-excited-o.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

TheStruggler

Haha no for the first interview I didnt get the job, when i stated part 2 and part 3 it was because they were completely different jobs I applied to. The second one I didnt get, but I guess as they say third times a charm,

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Wait what do you mean self taught sewing being the reason you didn't get that first job?

What kind of school is this? A sewing school? I don't get this.

TheStruggler

Wait what do you mean self taught sewing being the reason you didn't get that first job?

What kind of school is this? A sewing school? I don't get this.

The first school I interviewed for didnt like that i was self taught and wanted something more "official" it was for teaching foods but also sewing/textiles to their junior high students, so during the summer I took a 5 week sewing course just for something to put on my resume lol. Stupid I know

MikeDip

The first school I interviewed for didnt like that i was self taught and wanted something more "official" it was for teaching foods but also sewing/textiles to their junior high students, so during the summer I took a 5 week sewing course just for something to put on my resume lol. Stupid I know

Teaching.. foods...?

Mate are you a real teacher what is going on is this a real school?

Also why would you taking a sewing class count as self taught. Taking a class is literally the definition of taught. None of this makes sense

Still though congrats on the most recent victory!

noquarter

I'm pretty sure after part two is when he took the class, so now he isn't self taught he's got the credits for his sewing skills.

TheStruggler

Teaching.. foods...?

Mate are you a real teacher what is going on is this a real school?

Also why would you taking a sewing class count as self taught. Taking a class is literally the definition of taught. None of this makes sense

Still though congrats on the most recent victory!

I was self taught for the first interview, they said its good im self taught but want something more official than that. After that interview I went and took a sewing course during the summer to put on my resume, thus having an "official sewing course taken", and for foods I mean Foods and Nutrition, these are Home Economics Classes. There are a variety starting from junior high to highschool, there are: Family studies, Consumer Studies, Caregiving, Foods and Nutrition, Sewing and Text tiles etc.

MikeDip

I was self taught for the first interview, they said its good im self taught but want something more official than that. After that interview I went and took a sewing course during the summer to put on my resume, thus having an "official sewing course taken", and for foods I mean Foods and Nutrition, these are Home Economics Classes. There are a variety starting from junior high to highschool, there are: Family studies, Consumer Studies, Caregiving, Foods and Nutrition, Sewing and Text tiles etc.

Right on, understood! Very cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom