• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GiantBomb Quick Look Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_Ban

Brad and Vinny? 20 miles away from me? Time to get my stalking boots on.

506204g.gif

~Here Is Proof That Giant Bomb (dot com [the website]) Owns "A Lot" (approx. 1024 "a bits")!!!!!!!!!!~

so over a month ago in a bombcast thread i made a post about a thing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19169092&postcount=13

well today ANOTHER THING HAPPENED

first i got a box

20fvtac.jpg

whoever sent the box was a very nice person :)

i open box

what in the box

raajqg.jpg

POPCORN! Thank you Giant Bomb, for I shall feast on this tonig- oh wait there's something under it.

after about 3000 pounds of packing popcorn fall all over my floor and i pick them up

2dm5hue.jpg

BUBBLE WR- wait still something else. My low expectations have been blown away. I hear something go clunky clunk.

zv7rzt.jpg

OH SHIT A DSI AND A BOX

15hokfq.jpg

I CAN'T WAIT TO STORE STUFF IN THIS BOX!!!!

28ssbpz.jpg

Oh, there's stuff already inside the box. Well that's okay too.

After opening and closing the box a few times before the little speaker did the Zelda item sound (kinda disappointing it didn't do it the first time, but oh well), I cataloged my sweet sweet swag.

97tjlf.jpg
2w350e1.jpg

A ZELDA SPIRIT TRACKS T-SHIRT THAT I MIGHT WEAR IN PUBLIC IF I COULD COVER UP LINK SUFFICIENTLY BECAUSE I AM WORRIED ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS ABOUT MY FASHION!

a2f3gw.jpg

2000 NINTENDO POINTS AND A COPY OF ZERUDA NO WHATEVER: LINK'S SKID MARKS

23kxksj.jpg

and some wooden thing????? what is this nonsense

651yt3.jpg

:O
:O

i give a celebratory toot

i give no fucks, but i give plenty of toots

toot-toot bitches

toot-toot sonic warrior

that was a shitty opening song sonic boom was better

anyway

I decide to open my new DSi and notice that the circle plastic tape thingies that hold it together have been cut already. Is this the work of a postal burgle-gremlin? I open the case, remove the manual, and discover...

1sf7lf.jpg

hey hey, what knucklehead scribbled a bunch of silly squiggles all over my new dsi!!!! i'll moidalize that jer-

青沼 英二
Aonuma Eiji
huh

Eiji Aonuma
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I get it noooooooooooooooHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMYGOD I HAVE A DSI AUTOGRAPHED BY THE GUY WHO MADE MAJORA'S MASK AND WIND WAKER AND TWILIGHT PRINCESS :O

so yeah, giant bomb owns thank you very much for read my post i work very hard on my posting!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow dude, grats!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
You fucking dick why would you get stuff and why would I get none while you get stuff

congrats duder :)

VibratingDonkey said:
A hamburger is meat between two slices of bread. How is that not a sandwich?

"Hey guys, I'm going to grab a sandwich."
"Sounds good, get me a burger!"
"What?"

You don't go to a sandwich shop to get a burger, and you don't go to a burger place to get a sandwich. Technically it's probably a sandwich but practically I don't think it is.

Also, I'm about to order from Chili's and they have "sandwiches" and "big mouth burger" sections. Chili's trump card has been played, sir!

templeusox said:
Why would they need 2 people to travel that far to see a freaking Sony Liverpool game?

Well with one of those guys being Vinny presumably they will be shooting some kind of video, probably an interview.

randomlyrossy said:
Well with one of those guys being Vinny presumably they will be shooting some kind of video, probably an interview.
I agree that's why Vinny is going, but they wouldn't do that for a Sony Liverpool game.

Poyunch

cr_blah_blah said:
"What?"

You don't go to a sandwich shop to get a burger, and you don't go to a burger place to get a sandwich. Technically it's probably a sandwich but practically I don't think it is.

Also, I'm about to order from Chili's and they have "sandwiches" and "big mouth burger" sections. Chili's trump card has been played, sir!
A burger is a sandwich dude. Wall Street Journal says so. The burger is a type of sandwich.

panda21

maybe they are just going to liverpool because they like the beatles? its Ryan and Vinny isnt it? i think at least 50% of those two like the beatles a lot.

then again even if they want to do a little video interview they need someone to hold the camera and i guess the tripod wanted too much money so they are sending Vinny instead.

and a sandwich is just some food inbetween two pieces of bread
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/sandwich?view=uk

its hot food and its not sliced bread but its still a food type within the sandwich family, just as a sub is, but the word sandwich itself is also often used to refer to cold food between two slices of flat bread, hence the confusion.

Curufinwe

templeusox said:
But historically they haven't allocated their resources to cover big announcements. They don't have 1up's, Gamespot's, or IGN's personnel or budget.

Maybe their costs are being covered like they were for a lot of gaming press to go to Bethesda's event in Britain last year.

Curufinwe said:
Maybe their costs are being covered like they were for a lot of gaming press to go to Bethesda's event in Britain last year.
Or they have a bigger travel budget this year and are deciding to use some of it already.

Kittonwy

Banned
cr_blah_blah said:
"What?"

You can go to a burger joint to get a chicken sandwich, people don't really call a chicken sandwich a chicken burger.

Tamanon

Banned
cr_blah_blah said:
"What?"

You can't get Peanut Butter & Jelly at a sandwich shop either.

Burger is short for Hamburger Sandwich.

Ten-Song

I AM JOHN! said:
Or they have a bigger travel budget this year and are deciding to use some of it already.

If that's so, then I demand a PAX East showing, so that I can get my fill of Rich Gallup on the Bombcast.

FIVE GRAND!

Tamanon said:
You can't get Peanut Butter & Jelly at a sandwich shop either.

Burger is short for Hamburger Sandwich.

You can get peanut butter & jelly at plenty of sandwich shops. Infact, there's entire sandwich shops dedicated to pb&j. I do admit, I am technically wrong but the practicality of argument stands. They're separate on menus, separate in distribution, and will continue to be separate entities in my mind. =(

Ten-Song said:
If that's so, then I demand a PAX East showing, so that I can get my fill of Rich Gallup on the Bombcast.

FIVE GRAND!
Pretty sure they are going. At least, I hope they are so I can stalk them under the pretenses of it being "for my show." Same with Ken Levine, actually.

And now I really wanna play my copy of Most Wanted.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Xater said:
Even Jeff and Ryan ar enot able to make Endless Ocea Interesting. My god is that a boring game.

I dunno, while it drags a bit, Jeff's "fish tank" made me laugh harder than anything in a Quick Look since "protect me from SPACE BULLETS!"

falastini

After watching the Heavy Rain quicklook, I'm convinced that it would make a great candidate for a new endurance run.

I'm pretty sure Quantic Dream wouldn't be as lenient as Atlas was in streaming their game. It would be awesome though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
falastini said:
After watching the Heavy Rain quicklook, I'm convinced that it would make a great candidate for a new endurance run.

I'm pretty sure Quantic Dream wouldn't be as lenient as Atlas was in streaming their game. It would be awesome though.

sure man , Sony will be very happy for someone to put their entire story-heavy game on famous gaming internet site as videos , we all know how sweet Sony can be with these sort of things , I bet Sony will send them gifts and candy.

falastini said:

really? so go from a 100 hour endurance run to a 7 hour one? okaaay.

falastini

DevelopmentArrested said:
really? so go from a 100 hour endurance run to a 7 hour one? okaaay.

So? Heavy Rain is essentially an all interaction/story game. What were the best parts of the Persona 4 episodes? It wasn't the ones where they grinded dungeons for hours.

sure man , Sony will be very happy for someone to put their entire story-heavy game on famous gaming internet site as videos , we all know how sweet Sony can be with these sort of things , I bet Sony will send them gifts and candy.

obviously, that's why I implied that Quantic Dream would never allow it. it's nice to dream though.

falastini said:
So? Heavy Rain is essentially an all interaction/story game. What were the best parts of the Persona 4 episodes? It wasn't the ones where they grinded dungeons for hours.
the whole point of the endurance run was to see if they could make it through the game.. I doubt that would be an issue with heavy rain.

I think for endurance run they should really look at games that today's gamers likely haven't played so very recent or best selling titles should be out of the question. Something like a Sierra adventure game or one of Kojima's lesser known games (Snatcher, Policenauts) would be great for the next endurance run... or Star Control 2 :D

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they are even thinking of doing another endurance run, i wish they would just come out say that they are never doing another ER so that i won't get my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom