• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Nerdleaks after they posted the GoW 4 content?

dmr87

Were they nuked by hackers or did the Sony ninjas get them? Site is gone, Twitter account is gone.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Concept art would be owned by the artist and potentially the studio it was made for, correct? Perhaps they got into legal trouble for taking someone's art and displaying it on their page without getting permission or purchasing the rights? It may not have been super well hidden, but it's clear the intent was not for it to be public (just like it's still stealing if someone forgets to lock their bike or does it poorly). Unlike other "leaks," property law of some kind might be relevant here and maybe action was taken. I also don't know what "freedom of the press" rights are relevant here (but I doubt few if any when it comes to actually posting full versions of the artwork).

I know almost nothing about this stuff, so I'm just making guesses.

Endless

This was the message on the site soon after they published the leak

Mzshb7Dg

Abriael

Banned
They literally stole someone's artwork from a password protected area of his website (the fact that it wasn't well protected is irrelevant), slapped their own watermark on it, and probably costed that artist his career.

This has nothing to do with freedom of the press. It's clear cut theft. No more. No less.

ethomaz

Banned
They literally stole someone's artwork from a password protected area of his website (the fact that it wasn't well protected is irrelevant), slapped their own watermark on it, and probably costed that artist his career.

This has nothing to do with freedom of the press. It's clear cut theft. No more. No less.
I am just surprised an artist putting confidential work files on Internet.

Where I work do that is motive to get fired... you can't even share via email with your client... you need to create a media (dvd, pen drive, etc) protected and delivery to the client in hands making sign a term of responsibility... after that he can do what he wants.

It is really dumb what this artist did... unprofessional.

But that didn't change the illegal actions from NerdLeaks... they can't do that without artist permission.

Dennis

Banned
What Nerdleaks? There are no Nerdleaks. There never was any Nerdleaks.

Purge such unclean thoughts from your mind. Before they hear you......

entremet

Probably this.

Sony's lawyers probably sent some strongly worded letters.

Top Bottom