• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo NX Development Mentioned in FY2015 Address

Sterok

I'm more surprised that Wii U and 3DS are still included tbh. Looks like they finally retired PSP and 360.

What's surprising about 3DS? They just released a big game for it a couple of weeks ago. And Hyrule Warriors: Legends wasn't that long ago either.

Eradicate

I just came across the Japanese consolidated financial statement related to this presentation, and there was an additional bit about the NX in it. I'm including the paragraph before and after it.

Found here on page 4 (6 in the PDF): http://www.nikkei.com/markets/ir/irftp/data/tdnr/tdnetg3/20160428/9uvsxv/140120160426467907.pdf

(次期の見通し)
今後の景気見通しといたしましては、海外において景気の下振れリスク等の先行き懸念が依然として強く不透明な状況が想定されますが、国内においては雇用・所得環境の改善が続き、緩やかな回復が期待されます。

ゲーム業界におきましては、スマートフォン向けゲームやデジタルゲーム分野の成長が引き続き見込まれます。また、ゲームの世界に本当に入り込んでいるかのような没入感をもたらすバーチャルリアリティ(VR)システムが各社から発表されているほか、任天堂株式会社から新型ゲーム機「NX(開発コード名)」の発売時期が発表されるなど、ゲーム業界は更なる成長が期待されます。

このような経営環境下において、当社グループは、グループビジョン「世界No.1のエンタテインメント・コンテンツ・プロバイダー」のもと、更なる成長性と収益性の実現に向け挑戦を続けるとともに、「クオリティ&サティスファクション」を商品コンセプトに、高い品質によってお客様に大きな満足を提供してまいります。グループ経営方針として「IPの創造と展開」を掲げ、新作タイトルの成功や当社の強みである国内外大型コラボレーションの獲得を目指してまいります。

Google Translate isn't too helpful here:

(Outlook for the next fiscal year)
As our future economic outlook, future concern of risk such as downside of the economy in overseas To still
Strongly opaque situation is assumed, however, continued, gradual improvement in the employment and income environment in Japan
Recovery is expected.
In our game industry, continue to the smartphone game and the growth of digital game field
It is expected. In addition, Virtua to bring you an immersive experience, such as if they really entered the world of the game
In addition to Reality (VR) system has been announced from the company, the new game machines from Nintendo Co., Ltd.
Such as the release date of "NX (development code name)" will be announced, the game industry is further growth is expected.

In such a business environment, the Group, group vision "of the world No.1 entertain-
Original ment content provider ", and continue to challenge for the realization of further growth and profitability
Together, the "Quality & Satisfaction" to the product concept, to customers by the high quality
We will continue to provide great satisfaction. Calls for "IP creation and development" as the group management policy, new Thailand
We aim to win the domestic and foreign large-scale collaboration is successful and our strength of Torr.

Do they mean "game machines" plural, or is that just wrong? I can't even begin to look into the rest of the report, but this looks like the only bit that mentions the NX!

A new Tecmo Bowl!?

I can wish.

...That would be awesome! I'd love for that to make a comeback, and let Bo Jackson be a secret character!

Top Bottom