• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton to clinch Democratic nomination when polls close in New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

All the votes are cast (all the votes are cast)
The people had their say (people had their say)
I took on the one percent! (took on the one percent)
The fat cats got their way! (fat cats got their way)
I'd be in first place (I'd be in first place)
If I were in L.A. (that's the subjunctive case)

California dreamin'! (California dreamin')
We're nearly done with May.

Twenty seven bucks
I passed along today
Then I got on my PC! (Got on my PC)
And I facebanked all daaa-ayyy (facebanked all day)
You know that Weaver likes his gold (Weaver likes his gold)
He'll make sure Bernie stays. (Make sure Bernie stays)

At least 'til after May.
LMAOOOOOOOO

kIdMuScLe

I voted for Bernie and will vote 3rd party in November. That said, it was obvious from the beginning that Bernie wouldn't get the nomination. A revolution doesn't happen in one election and the worst thing for one would be for it to revolve around one person. If you're a Bernie supporter, learn from this election and take advantage of the organizational structure that Bernie has built up to continue pushing for the issues you support and make them mainstream.

So you rather waste on a war mongerer who is all talk? You know how he could have won and actually be able to start a revolution? By downticketing candidates that support his vision! With you throwing away your vote and not help support who I think is more on the left side than Bernie and actually cares about human rights then go ahead but don't come complaining next year how everything is worse off

I voted for Bernie and will vote 3rd party in November. That said, it was obvious from the beginning that Bernie wouldn't get the nomination. A revolution doesn't happen in one election and the worst thing for one would be for it to revolve around one person. If you're a Bernie supporter, learn from this election and take advantage of the organizational structure that Bernie has built up to continue pushing for the issues you support and make them mainstream.

You will NOT vote for third party in Nov. Not whats at stake. You WILL vote Clinton to keep Trump out of the White House.

Foffy

Banned
You will NOT vote for third party in Nov. Not whats at stake. You WILL vote Clinton to keep Trump out of the White House.

Okay, dad.

You can try better to convince people other than childish "assimilate or ELSE" claims. Coercion is violence. You're more likely to push people away with that method of projection.

Okay, dad.

You can try better to convince people other than childish "assimilate or ELSE" claims. Coercion is violence. You're more likely to push people away with that method of projection.

Foffy you know you're voting to keep the trumpster out. You sly little populist you.

Foffy

Banned
Foffy you know you're voting to keep the trumpster out. You sly little populist you.

True, but if you want people to stand against Trump, you don't make demands to join.

You just highlight how crazy it is that someone who is so anti-reason and authoritarian has one opponent preventing him from getting the White House. Having a split between the Dems between Sanders and Clinton makes him somewhat closer to get it, and highlighting that risk is key.

But you don't whip people into line. Das shit.

Maybe if Bernie hadn't completely ignored and alienated the south.

But he did, he lost, he lost because he was the lesser candidate to the people that matter, the voting public.

Let it gooooooo. Let it goooooooooooooooooo.

methane47

Maybe if Bernie hadn't completely ignored and alienated the south.

But he did, he lost, he lost because he was the lesser candidate to the people that matter, the voting public.

Let it gooooooo. Let it goooooooooooooooooo.

Is the south gonna win it for hillary in the General?

Knoxcore

Why do you think this is a serious response? Do those southern voters not get representation from their party?
Of course not. They're part of the corporate establishment elite.

Seriously, this line of thinking makes no sense. That same logic could be applied to all the red states Bernie won.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So California sort of matters?

California only matters in the incredibly unlikely event that he dominates there. The thing some Bernie supporters can't seem to understand is that she's winning big without them. If the Superdelegates were swinging the election in her favor, we'd be having an entirely differently conversation.

Yes, there's a conversation that needs to be had about Superdelegates ignoring the will of their constituents, because that is BS. The entire primary system needs to be overhauled.

But in this case, Bernie lost. He ran a good race, did better than anyone thought he would, and if he had been a bit more organized and had a bit broader a message, he might have won. But he didn't.

So we just assuming Hillary is going to automatically make all those blue?

Are you going to ignore my point and dig your heels in with your stupid line of questioning?

Reminds me of when Stephanopoulos brought up the fact that she has more votes and Bernie dismissed it by saying a lot of those came from the south. It's just... Why?

It's just stupid. This is a primary where the democrats get to decide who represents them in the GE. Where the state lands in the GE is irrelevant.

Yes ... it's an exact replica of that Stephanopoulos quote.

Are you going to ignore my point and dig your heels in with your stupid line of questioning?

It's just stupid. This is a primary where the democrats get to decide who represents them in the GE. Where the state lands in the GE is irrelevant.

If people are wondering why it seems like African American dems seem to have a negative opinion of Bernie it's because of attitudes like his and his supporters. They matter. Sorry you ignored them and got your ass kicked.

SeanC

I already voted in the California Primary by mail. Guess it doesn't matter now. At least I got some liberal senate votes done though. Will vote for her in the general because the alternative is going back to the dark ages.

methane47

Im not sure what your point was.
I was responding to you saying that maybe if he didn't alienate the south.. but Just because Bernie did poorly in the South in the primaries..... doesn;t mean anything for the general, similarly for Hillary, just because she destroyed Bernie in the south doesn't mean that she will Sweep the South in the General.

Its funny because you are doing the same thing you are accusing me of lol

Case in point 2008 elections B.Obama beat Hill 55-27 in South Carolina..
But despite that huge win... Mccain beat Obama 53-43
Same thing in Georgia.

So I'm not sure how you are just guessing that a big win over Bernie, translates to a win over Trump in the South. or in the north... or anywhere.

Edit: You guys are getting REALLY riled up for me simply implying that the candidate with the most money normally wins.

Im not sure what your point was.
I was responding to you saying that maybe if he didn't alienate the south.. but Just because Bernie did poorly in the South in the primaries..... doesn;t mean anything for the general, similarly for Hillary, just because she destroyed Bernie in the south doesn't mean that she will Sweep the South in the General.

Its funny because you are doing the same thing you are accusing me of lol

Case in point 2008 elections B.Obama beat Hill 55-27 in South Carolina..
But despite that huge win... Mccain beat Obama 53-43
Same thing in Georgia.

So I'm not sure how you are just guessing that a big win over Bernie, translates to a win over Trump in the South. or in the north... or anywhere.

Edit: You guys are getting REALLY riled up for me simply implying that the candidate with the most money normally wins.
It doesn't mean anything for the general election, but neither does Bernie winning blue states (which Hillary has won more of anyway). Primary results have no bearing on general election results. That doesn't mean Democrats' votes in red states should count less (and they actually do in terms of delegate allocation).

That being said GA could go blue this year.

KRod-57

Banned
I'm a California resident who already sent in his mail in ballot. Even if California does not determine the winner for the Democrat nomination, there are important local issues on the ballot. We're going to have a new senator for the first time in 24 years

I wish people didn't just care about this stuff once every 4 years

All the votes are cast (all the votes are cast)
The people had their say (people had their say)
I took on the one percent! (took on the one percent)
The fat cats got their way! (fat cats got their way)
I'd be in first place (I'd be in first place)
If I were in L.A. (that's the subjunctive case)

We're nearly done with May.
Nice work. Now do the same with Tupac's California Love.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't think Bernie will ever really drop out. He means it when he says we need a revolution, he's from that school which thinks it's better to have someone like Trump than Hillary because it will bring the revolution faster. Same reason some people on the far left hate unions, because they see that as a tool that enables the system to work, which postpones the revolution, because without unions the workers would probably revolt.

We'll see, but my feeling is he'll have his mind on seeing Hillary lose, because if he plays his cards right he won't be blamed for that (it will be blamed on Hillary's unfavorables or scandals), and if that happens it means Trump becomes president and people will inevitably rally around their "defender". His movement would gain massively, and he'd be leading a big shakeup in the Democrat party that would be very difficult to put down, and in that context probably rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom