• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT2| June 12: Judgment Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be relevant unless there are enemies numerous and plentiful that threaten even regular humans. Zombies? Army? Something that would warrant her using it.

we had human armies, demon invasion(that were actually aliens but who cares) alien invasions, a robot apocalypse, I'd say zombies would be the next step however it has shades of the movies/GT with all the people from hell coming back. Gotta think of something else.

Erigu

It's virtually the same thing as Goku Black.
Except one is correct, and the other isn't.
Also, considering the earring and the fact the "Gokū" part is written in kana, I guess it could actually be a "merged" name? Gokūblack? A hint at the name of the other half?

That would explain the green, potara-like, earrings which Demigra also wears, but only after becoming Makaioshin.
When did he become Maikaiōshin?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
When did he become Maikaiōshin?

I mean non-young, "Demon God" Demigra, as he appears in Xenoverse. He wears the same earrings; unlike his young, "wizard" self who didn't wear the earrings.

Although, now that I think about it, is he ever referred to as Maikaiōshin in the game? I don't know what they translated "Demon God" from...

Karsha

I'm curious about this storyline because on paper based on what we know so far it makes no sense, so i hope Toriyama surprises us all...

Erigu

is he ever referred to as Maikaiōshin in the game?
Pretty sure he wasn't.

I don't know what they translated "Demon God" from...
From "Majin" ("魔神").

I'm surprised they decided to stick with the blue hair.
I've always wondered if Gokū becoming slightly leaner in his Super Saiyan God form was actually something that was intended by Toriyama, or just the result of the animation staff not daring to change a thing about Toriyama's sketch (drawn in his more recent artstyle where everybody is leaner) and going "heh, we'll just say it's the new transformation that does that"... Could be something similar here.

N.Domixis

Banned
To really set the hype to max, Goku B. Needs to show up and one shot Whis. To beat him it will take a vados and Whis fusion, champs and Beerus fusion, Goku and vegeta fusion and finally adult trunks and Gohan fusion. It's still not enough and the grand finally is Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Trunks fusion. Beerus and Champa dead. Whis and Vados out cold.

Pretty sure he wasn't.

From "Majin" ("魔神").

I've always wondered if Gokū becoming slightly leaner in his Super Saiyan God form was actually something that was intended by Toriyama, or just the result of the animation staff not daring to change a thing about Toriyama's sketch (drawn in his more recent artstyle where everybody is leaner) and going "heh, we'll just say it's the new transformation that does that"... Could be something similar here.

I seem to remember Toriyama saying he wanted Goku to get slimmer in God form.

Jello Vegeta, Black Goku, Future Trunks w/Mai...my brain. Why do they have to have the copy vegeta so close to black goku?

Edit: Trunk's hair...is he SSB? I think I'm kidding.

Jello Vegeta, Black Goku, Future Trunks w/Mai...my brain. Why do they have to have the copy vegeta so close to black goku?

The whole Copy Vegeta thing is likely filler to buy time for the production of the new arc, so Toei was probably like "What can we do that is the least effort for a villain for a filler arc?"
Hopefully Goku Black is more interesting than Copy Vegeta!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The whole Copy Vegeta thing is likely filler to buy time for the production of the new arc, so Toei was probably like "What can we do that is the least effort for a villain for a filler arc?"
Hopefully Goku Black is more interesting than Copy Vegeta!

I'm disappointed Jump didn't have at least a Toriyama sketch of him in there.

N.Domixis

Banned
Once this arc is over I wonder what happens with this Goku. Do they undo the fusion and kill off the evil counterpart. Goku and trunks then team up and head back to their future? Never to be seen again for decades.

ElFly

Once this arc is over I wonder what happens with this Goku. Do they undo the fusion and kill off the evil counterpart. Goku and trunks then team up and head back to their future? Never to be seen again for decades.

Goku will be all

Hahaha oh hey Black Goku you are p strong. What you say you go away in peace and we can fight again some other time?

I hope Trunks comes to the present and instantly attacks Goku because he's conveniently wearing similar clothes to black Goku.

Or maybe he'll run away in fear and cause a big confusing mess

munchie64

I have no idea what any of this means, but it looks amazing. I fell a bit behind because of uni, but I'm gonna push through with this stuff coming up.

Love that they put future Mai in there lol

Or maybe Goku Black isn't fused with anyone and they have to completely eliminate him.
I'm disappointed Jump didn't have at least a Toriyama sketch of him in there.

They might be saving the Toriyama art for the next V-Jump.

Could be an Anti-Spiral thing going on. Destructive force that can assume another form takes on the form of Goku, because losing to Goku would cause the biggest despair possible for them? Vegeta because of ego, Gohan/Goten because of family, etc

I'm literally trying to make sense of anything possible here

I'd sooner think Black Goku is an evil Kai. Just feels more fitting.

That's why I'm guessing Goku is a Makaioshin. Him having an army of demons would also explain why Mai has a shotgun and he could even have higher level henchmen to let more of the cast have some time to shine.

Daingurse

That's why I'm guessing Goku is a Makaioshin. Him having an army of demons would also explain why Mai has a shotgun and he could even have higher level henchmen to let more of the cast have some time to shine.

Yep, that could definitely give the low tiers something to do.

Side-note, Future Trunks has REALLY had a hard life lol. This man can't get a break.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
There's an article out confirming this arc will have a different tone than what we've seen before.

Also some plot details:
Not a full translation or anything but it says a man called "Black" suddenly appears. Trunks tries to resist but the power of a Super Saiyan is no match. Future Bulma becomes determined to borrow the strength of Goku and Vegeta of the past. It's been a half a year but they've only gathered enough to refuel the time machine for one trip but standing in their way is the formidable Black.

Zalman

There's an article out confirming this arc will have a different tone than what we've seen before.

Also some plot details:
Not a full translation or anything but it says a man called "Black" suddenly appears. Trunks tries to resist but the power of a Super Saiyan is no match. Future Bulma becomes determined to borrow the strength of Goku and Vegeta of the past. It'll take a half a year to refuel the time machine but standing in their way is the formidable Black.
I'm pretty excited for a more serious arc this time. I love the comedy in Dragon Ball, but there has been no real stakes so far.

I wonder if Goku Black will also be voiced by Nozawa. I mean it would make sense but... don't know if I really want Nozawa basically talking to herself for an entire Arc. How about Shigeru Chiba, he would be perfect. Also, that Raditz nostalgia.

Ashodin

Also some plot details:
Not a full translation or anything but it says a man called "Black" suddenly appears. Trunks tries to resist but the power of a Super Saiyan is no match. Future Bulma becomes determined to borrow the strength of Goku and Vegeta of the past. It'll take a half a year to refuel the time machine but standing in their way is the formidable Black.

Oh shit, nice

It seems we'll get the "History of Trunks" part of this story directly in the main arc, which is baller!

Namikaze

Weird. I figured he would've been
at least SSJ2 or SSJ3 by now. I guess he didn't have to deal with Babadi or Buu in his timeline either?

Sciz

Also some plot details:

Either Toriyama forgot that there's already a character in the series named Black, or this is going to be Dragonball's craziest throwback to date.

Interesting that the summary isn't specifically calling him Black Goku, though. Wonder if Black is a distinct entity that manages to take over present Goku once Bulma gets a hold of him.

Fou-Lu

Also some plot details:
Not a full translation or anything but it says a man called "Black" suddenly appears. Trunks tries to resist but the power of a Super Saiyan is no match. Future Bulma becomes determined to borrow the strength of Goku and Vegeta of the past. It's been a half a year but they've only gathered enough to refuel the time machine for one trip but standing in their way is the formidable Black.

Odd that Bulma doesn't want Gohan to come help out. Since he defeated Cell and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom