• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

First person? Didn't see that one coming.
Not sure how to feel about this, it looks good but doesn't feel like RE, for a second I thought I was watching Outlast.
Shame that the demo is PS+ only.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
HEY

Once you answer the phone, answer it again, and then crouch, and swing your axe around, he won't pop up, but can then get you later it seems when you stop swinging, and you can answer the phone without him catching you at all.

Persona7

Banned
HEY

Once you answer the phone, answer it again, and then crouch, and swing your axe around, he won't pop up, but can then get you later it seems when you stop swinging, and you can answer the phone without him catching you at all.

I was able to get pretty far after I answered the phone once and I was killed by the button you press after getting the fuse.

RevenWolf

I do have a hard time believing the game will play like the demo throughout.

Well the thing is you can tell from the inventory that there is space for guns, and for healing items.

They would obviously add enemies, but the environment is conducive to combat as desperate as original resi games because of the extra cramped spacing.

Essentially instead of gimping your turning and aiming, they gimped you'r freedom of movement which is smart I feel.

Obviously this is extrapolation, but it seems like the most logical way to take the game.

fritzo

HEY

yeah, i tried slowly backing out of the room while croutched, he didn't get me until i went the stairs. but that is probably cuz I didn't trigger it.

maybe there's a sequence to all this. the tape holds the answers. it showed us the entrance to the cellar and where the lock pick was. there has to be more.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i liked the demo. then again i prefer this type of game over what resident evil has turned into (i.e. gears of war type tps with no actual scares/horror)

is it just me or are the graphics pretty average though?

also what audio settings should i be using with headphones? why is there a virtual surround option. am i supposed to set it to off if my headphones are already setup to do dolby headphone?

Well the thing is you can tell from the inventory that there is space for guns, and for healing items.

They would obviously add enemies, but the environment is conducive to combat as desperate as original resi games because of the extra cramped spacing.

Essentially instead of gimping your turning and aiming, they gimped you'r freedom of movement which is smart I feel.

Obviously this is extrapolation, but it seems like the most logical way to take the game.

And the trailer shows this

vlcsnap-2016-06-14-042buck.png

Persona7

Banned
Anyone else having one of the mannequins thrown at them just before you enter the hallway where the VHS tape was?

Yes, I saw this. I can't remember what I did right before this scene though.

Something else that was weird, there is only one mannequin you can smash to pieces.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lol, are you just a giant flashlight head? The part where you open the pot and have a cockroach on you has your guy use both of his hands under the light.

aidanphantom

Neo Member
Yes, I saw this. I can't remember what I did right before this scene though.

Something else that was weird, there is only one mannequin you can smash to pieces.

I noticed that too, kept trying to break the other ones and it just wouldn't happen. Those ones definitely turn around when you go downstairs as well, it's all very odd.

The tape scene reminds me of AAA scripting from like 2008.

When you reach the kitchen, you can't follow the green shirt guy at all. An invisible wall stops you. You have to wait for the scripting to catch up before you can proceed. Totally took me out of the moment and reminded me that I was just playing a video game.

That shit is fucking terrible. I expect better from Capcom.

thenexus6

I just played it, was like meh then I come on here and reading all this about secrets and different endings! Watching a guy streaming it now!

Has anybody in NZ found the demo on the PlayStation Store? Doesn't seem to be on there. I can see it on the US store but don't have a US PlayStation Plus membership so can't download it. Which is a bummer!

J3nga

"Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate."

So far I fail to see any relevance to any Resident evil, both story/characters wise and gameplay, it would be nice if devs could shine some light as to me it was one of the most anticipated E3 games.

What's the Japanese title? Biohazard 7: Resident Evil?

Yep.

"Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate."

So far I fail to see any relevance to any Resident evil, both story/characters wise and gameplay, it would nice if devs could shine some light as to me it was one of the most anticipated E3 games.

In one of the pictures you can find you see a helicopter with Umbrella's logo on it. The game is coming out pretty soon so I think we're going to see some pretty rapid updates on it.

If its supposed to take place after RE 6 then are they just going to ignore all the shit that happened? lol What happened to Leon and everyone else? Is capcom just going to introduce more throwaway characters that probably wont appear in any future titles again?

Kinsei

Banned
So I've found three mannequins you can destroy. There has to be a reason to do so right? Maybe there's more just waiting to be found.

Here's a list.

On the second floor. After going towards where the headphones are in the tape a fourth mannequin will spawn in the room. You can destroy this one.

In the room with the phone.

On the first floor near where you got the tape. I have no clue how I got this one to spawn.

Alpha_eX

So from reading, this sounds more like PT than Resident Evil with the fact it's not clear or people aren't sure what to do. This is great and all, but I kind of want a classic Resident Evil and not a head scratcher.

What's the general verdict on this, good?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So, theory I have. In the Resident Evil 6 trailer, most of the areas are from what we've seen of the demo, but there are additional rooms that haven't been found yet.

HOWEVER, in the trailer there are a few split second flashes of ghost appearances from areas in the demo.

eee87343d4f66f1942c1d3d12a41df04.png

d524cab7e1509b571126aa379c68e7a6.png

I have an idea. Since the ghost appears around the tape level, maybe she disappears and reappears elsewhere. Maybe you need to spot her each time to trigger something.

Maybe there's also more clues in the trailer?

Bishop89

Has anybody in NZ found the demo on the PlayStation Store? Doesn't seem to be on there. I can see it on the US store but don't have a US PlayStation Plus membership so can't download it. Which is a bummer!

It went up in AUS hours ago, surprised its not in NZ yet. Unless its disguised

Scotia

Banned
So I've played it twice. The demo is enjoyable, and I'll absolutely get it day one, but it doesn't have the fell of a Resident Evil game. I look forward to more details.

About the demo though, on my first playthrough
I got grabbed at the door by the guy in the photo. I didn't collect the finger and I got the fuse but didn't go into the attic. My friend played after me and got the finger but didn't get the fuse and he got the exact same ending as me.

On my second playthrough, I didn't get the finger, but I got the fuse and went into the attic and talked to the woman on the phone. The guy then literally appeared out of nowhere and got me again. I don't know what to do to get these different endings.

Also,
by different endings, are there ones where you don't get killed by the zombie or does that happen everytime regardless?

Top Bottom