• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaterTots

Banned
I don't think that'll ever happen.

1. The Hound would not stand a chance in a fight against him now, even before he was undead it would have been tough for him, now it is near impossible to win.

2. The Hound can take solace in knowing he outlived him.

3. The Mountain would more likely have more challenging fights ahead.

4. The Hound and The Mountain teaming up would be far greater to see.

There is no other reason for the Hound to exist. His brother burned his face as a child. He hates the Mountain. They are 100% on a collision course imo. Remember the first season where they fought? The Hound held his own. I'm not saying the Hound will win now, but it's pretty obvious that is where this is heading.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaIwtO6VWCU

El Topo

So this isn't a guy who dropped everything to join the Faith with the intention of being a leader or whatever. He could literally be anyone who once had wealth and power in some way, whether as a businessman or a lord. It doesn't seem likely that he's a lord of importance though, because otherwise his enemies would all recognize him.

As you seem to agree with me, him managing to reach this status, not to mention without anyone ever noticing him, seems unreasonable to assume. Not impossible, but certainly it would be quite a coincidence. I would also assume that HR would worship the old gods and we have not heard anything about him that would point us towards the High Sparrow.

Folks, just one last reminder that posting leaks (including images) from unaired episodes or discussing them is bannable. Please review the OP if you're unclear on the rules. Thanks and enjoy the finale.

Few hours to go. What are we all expecting this episode to cover?

Jon becomes king of the north.
Kings Landing burns - lots of people die
Tower of Joy sequence completion - Jon's parentage confirmed in one way or another
Dany begins her move to Westeros but Euron is getting close

duckroll

As you seem to agree with me, him managing to reach this status, not to mention without anyone ever noticing him, seems unreasonable to assume. Not impossible, but certainly it would be quite a coincidence. I would also assume that HR would worship the old gods and we have not heard anything about him that would point us towards the High Sparrow.

My view is that had it been presented in a different way, I don't think that it is out of the question that someone -like- Howland Reed could have had a late-life crisis and taken a path like the High Sparrow did, attaining the status he has now. Say for example, if it is only the common folk who have met him in person, when he was tending to the sick and poor, and now as the High Sparrow no one ever gets to even see him, and he is protected by his sparrows. Then it is plausible that it could be someone which the other lords and ladies know but don't expect. But as it is presented on the show, it is very unlikely that he is Howland Reed.

I don't think his affiliation with the North or worshipping of the Old Gods would factor into the level of plausibility, because we're talking about a man who has a total change in perspective of life, and drops everything. As such, his faith would have been shaken so greatly at that moment, that his previous devotion to whatever religion would not matter as much.

The -main- point I see against the theory is that the Lannisters and Tyrells have all seen him up close, and if he is someone like Howland Reed, they would know immediately.

Kard8p3

The -main- point I see against the theory is that the Lannisters and Tyrells have all seen him up close, and if he is someone like Howland Reed, they would know immediately.

Would they though? We don't exactly know how often Reed shows his face, and he's a swamp-dude, maybe he likes his peace and quiet.

My favorite version of the Howland Reed theory is he's just doing this as revenge for the North.

I doubt he's the sparrow though.

Speevy

Banned
But the show isn't the books.

I don't think Book Sansa is going to feed Ramsay to his dogs for instance.

I mean Book Sansa cried for Joffrey when he died.

Besides they don't have that connection they did on the show.

Book Ramsay is leading an army, so I would be disappointed if he were not given more emphasis inThe Winds of Winter.

Kazooie

Banned
What would be her motive? Littlefinger making an advance on her?

She could kill Littlefinger, manipulate Robin Arryn and take proxy control over the Vale of Arryn.

Jon's aim will be to unify the Realm against the Others. Him and Sansa having the backing of the North and Vale of Arryn would be a good start.

I know this won't happen as it hasn't been foreshadowed: but I would find it sweet that the apprentice could kill the master and use his own plan for her own gain.

sadblob

Or not wanting to be in Littlefingers debt

She could kill Littlefinger, manipulate Robin Arryn and take proxy control over the Vale of Arryn.

Jon's aim will be to unify the Realm against the Others. Him and Sansa having the backing of the North and Vale of Arryn would be a good start.

I know this won't happen as it hasn't been foreshadowed: but I would find it sweet that the apprentice could kill the master and use his own plan for her own gain.

Hmm I don't see it, like other people said I expect it to happen but not tonight

FootballFan

7 episodes...absolutely disgusting from HBO

Few hours to go. What are we all expecting this episode to cover?

Jon becomes king of the north. - YES
Kings Landing burns - lots of people die - NO
Tower of Joy sequence completion - Jon's parentage confirmed in one way or another - YES
Dany begins her move to Westeros but Euron is getting close - Unfortunately Dany will grace westeros with her presence so - YES

There

Black_Sun

Book Ramsay is leading an army, so I would be disappointed if he were not given more emphasis inThe Winds of Winter.

I don't think he's going to survive many chapters into TWOW with Stannis most likely winning Winterfell plus we don't even have a POV on him anymore unless you think he's going to recapture Theon.

I know people look at walking dead for starting the trend but walking dead seasons end and begin in the same year - months apart. The season finale was on April 3rd 2016 and the season premier is coming up in October.

If HBO splits it and puts them an entire year apart, that's wayyyyyyyyy worse.

Black_Sun

Probably 7 and 7 with a two hour finale or at least 130

They're not going to do that. The reason being is that they need more time to do as many big episodes as they're planning to do.

Imagine getting several Battle of the Bastards quality episodes.

Also hopefully they'll have more time to polish up the writing.

dabig2

At least the showrunners know exactly what they have to work with the next 2 years. Rome dudes had to fit like 2 seasons of material into its last 6 episodes.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Reposting my Season death list from before Episode 1:
From your list, I'd predict:
The Mountain and The Hound (again), Loras, Allister, Theon, Osha if she ever shows up, All Freys, Kevan and Pycelle(guaranteed if Varys decides he needs to leave Myreen for reasons), Melisandre, Roose, Balon, Pod, Missandei, Beric if he (or any BWB) show up, Ramsey, Olenna, Mace Tyrell, Ellaria, Three-Eyed Raven, Olly, and 2/3rds of the Sand Snakes.

Left out Jorah, and I'll add Bronn :/

So far, I've got correct deaths in:
Allister
Osha
Roose
Balon
Ramsey
3ER
Olly

I'm feeling good on:
Loras
Kevan
Pycelle (gee, Varys did leave Mereen on a secret mission!)
Mace

Doubtful but outside shot:
The Mountain - shits going down in KL, but he should have a future date with The Hound
Melisandre - How far will Davos go for Justice?

Didn't call:
Rickon
Hodor

Will probably be missed completely:
Hound
Theon
Pod
Jorah
Bronn
Missendei
Beric
Dorne cast (missed cause I didn't think the show would sweep Dorne's leadership out in 5 seconds)

I don't see the BWB having anything more than a season wrap up scene, I doubt ALL the Frey's die

ryseing

I know people look at walking dead for starting the trend but walking dead seasons end and begin in the same year - months apart. The season finale was on April 3rd 2016 and the season premier is coming up in October.

They're going to split them. Making 7 episodes will still take most of a calendar year.

There's also the fact that HBO doesn't have another drama besides Westworld ready to go and they're going to need time to produce other things in order to keep subs.

At least the showrunners know exactly what they have to work with the next 2 years. Rome dudes had to fit like 2 seasons of material into its last 6 episodes.

Yeah, Rome gets crazy at the end. And the obvious budget cuts (or just, never weres) didn't help any.

I'm hopeful shorter seasons steers GoT in the opposite direction.

FootballFan

I will forever fucking hate Breaking Bad for starting this half season trend Bullshit.

Hurt the show in my eyes.

HBO will probably split them and have them a year apart, and you will like it. :(

If the next book comes out between now and the next season, I wonder if it will once again move past the storylines that the characters ended on this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom