• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah like people have been guessing for 3 series lol

They laid out the groundwork for people to figure it out and you bet your ass that a million people are googling "Who is Jon's real dad" right this second.

The Varys timeline was essentially a flashback. It shows the scenes that make narrative sense, but not always perfect chronologically. It's been like that for a long time...

Don't know why people keep missing this.

Betty

Banned
I don't see how Daenerys loses, no other army has the forces she has.

And yes it's great to see the show moving again.

Trakan

Sense of time progression on this show in general is ass. Speaking as someone who binged 5 seasons in the Fall. Wasn't Jamie a prisoner of war for years even though it's like a season or so on the show? Trust me, it's one of the first things I bitched about to my friends who have been watching since the start.

People already complain about things taking too long. The show only has ten episodes per season, it's not that big of a deal. I'd rather not see characters go missing for entire seasons. I forget enough things as it is between seasons.

TheYanger

Fuck my life this show man. There were like 5 moments alone that could've been an "OHHH SHIT" cliffhanger for your standard episode.

That said, it did strike me how silly the ending shots were. Who the fuck sails accross the ocean just standing on deck staring menacingly at nothing? I could get the unsullied, but the rest was a bit too obviously "This is just for a cool shot"

BriGuy

Sometime over the next two seasons, Jon will be set on fire and walk out naked and unscathed, possibly with super saiyan blonde hair.

Volimar

Can we just take a moment to say how Littlefinger fucked up? Looks like they aren't going to have any trouble following a bastard born in the south after all eh?

Guess I need to watch this show.

When people flip their shit about something and I'm not on the bandwagon, I'm just right pissed you know.

They didn't have to say it. Use the other information you know about her character. Stuff they've said many times throughout the show. You don't need everything spelled out for you.

You don't need to tell me, bookreader, i read forums, etc, but I'm sorry to inform you that for many people watching, it's not clear yet. You'll see.

Venture

I felt like this was one of the lesser seasons but what an amazing finish. I wish Miguel Sapochnik had directed every episode. Maybe the best director this show has had.

Cersei's face once she sees Dany's army comprised of Greyjoys, Dothraki, Unsullied, Tyrell's, Dorne and dragons descending upon her with be amazing.
She left the Dothraki in Essos.

They didn't say Rhaegar. Her mumbling could not be heard. It's kinda shitty to tell people it is for sure at that point... let them reveal it next season.
I mean Rhaegar took her. . Robert kills all of the Targs no matter what age. I think you can figure out the rest of the puzzle.

This is all show information if I am correct. Robert mentioned how the war started and it was mentioned how Ned disapproved of his ruthlessness towards young Targs.

Anyone think the scripting for Olenna torwards the Sand Snakes was an intentional catharsis for the audience. When she put them in their place it almost felt like the writers acknowledged the critiques of season 5.

Ploid 3.0

Cersei's face once she sees Dany's army comprised of Greyjoys, Dothraki, Unsullied, Tyrell's, Dorne and dragons descending upon her with be amazing.

It's all coming together, Daenerys is in a good spot now. She started in a bad place, and Robert could have had them killed, in a way because he let them go, he's getting his revenge on his wife for killing him (she had him killed right? I remember her possibly letting him die or something).

sixghost

Is it bad I wasn't sad at all after Tommen jumped?

He was frustrating to watch this season, but he is a tragic character. The underlying theme for his entire character was that he never wanted to be king, and never expected to be king. He was thrust into power and manipulated by everyone that surrounded him.

It might not have been the most exciting thing to watch episode to episode, but I think it was a great arc now that it's finished.

People already complain about things taking too long. The show only has ten episodes per season, it's not that big of a deal. I'd rather not see characters go missing for entire seasons. I forget enough things as it is between seasons.

Oh, make no mistake, I'm not bitching about it. I feel the same way. There are so many people and places to cover, you just have to accept there are time skips of an undetermined length.

SArcher

Banned
I felt like this was one of the lesser seasons but what an amazing finish. I wish Miguel Sapochnik had directed every episode. Maybe the best director this show has had.

She left the Dothraki in Essos.

She left the Second Sons in Essos, not the Dorthraki.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
He was frustrating to watch this season, but he is a tragic character. The underlying theme for his entire character was that he never wanted to be king, and never expected to be king. He was thrust into power after and manipulated by everyone that surrounded him.

It might not have been the most exciting thing to watch episode to episode, but I think it was a great arc now that it's finished.

Indeed, his death is as tragic to me as Hodor's is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom