• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Anyone think the scripting for Olenna torwards the Sand Snakes was an intentional catharsis for the audience. When she put them in their place it almost felt like the writers acknowledged the critiques of season 5.

It was like Nikki and Pablo getting killed on Lost.

Makai

They didn't have to say it. Use the other information you know about her character. Stuff they've said many times throughout the show. You don't need everything spelled out for you.
Yes I do. If that twist wasn't spoiled for me a hundred times over, I would have still thought Ned was the father.

TheYanger

Also, Varys in that last shot makes no fucking sense. He crossed the ocean TWICE in what amount of time now? like, does this episode take place over multiple months?

nubbe

It is a lot harder to do rime progression in a TV show, than let's say in a Book. What would you do? Plaster a date over the screen? Most people don't even know which year it is in the show right now. And if you put the scenes farther apart, then you end up with most of the plots scrammed into differents part of the season.

Never felt that problem in earlier seasons
there were a flow on how things progressed

in this season people are all over the place, hence the teleportation reference
the show is quite lacking in the drama department without GRRM

Ridli

So.. there's one important thing from all this drama that bears remembering. Aya has at least an extra face. Did she steal it from Bravos? Or more interestingly, can she make them herself?

I'm gonna miss Margery :(

Wow...
Last episode was pretty crazy, but this was INSANE.
I got chills during the "King in The North!" scenes.
Honestly, I'm pretty pumped for season 7; It's looking like it'll basically be the war of the 2 queens while the king in the north prepares for the Night King.

Also, Lady Olenna reading those atrocious Sand Snakes and shutting them down was perfection pure perfection.

Her outfit is dope

The costume designer on this show is amazing, that outfit was spectacular.

Trakan

Oh, make no mistake, I'm not bitching about it. I feel the same way. There are so many people and places to cover, you just have to accept there are time skips of an undetermined length.

Not to mention even if they show two scenes back to back, it doesn't mean they're happening at the exact same time.

Hopeford

I'm sure there's a lot of like important character shit to debate, but I can't even think about that because I'M STILL MARKING OUT ABOUT THE KING IN THE NORTH THE WHITE WOLF AVENGING THE WHITE WEDDING BAH GAWD

I CAN'T NOT IMAGINE THAT SCENE WITHOUT JR NARRATING IT

Venom Fox

Banned
Amazing episode and truly great Season! Can't wait to see Dany and her army fuck things up, then meet up with Jon to take on the Whitewalkers.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Back to back God tier episodes. This season was on point. The music and cinematography were ridiculous for a TV series.

Curufinwe

So.. there's one important thing from all this drama that bears remembering. Aya has at least an extra face. Did she steal it from Bravos? Or more interestingly, can she make them herself?

So much for the complaint that Arya learned nothing over there.

MK_768

Can we just take a moment to say how Littlefinger fucked up? Looks like they aren't going to have any trouble following a bastard born in the south after all eh?

Here's the thing. I think he knows about Jon's real parents. There was subtle hint of that from his talk with Sansa last season. He can still cause a problem.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Pretty great episode. The final players are on the board.

I would've liked to see some emotion from Jamie regarding the realization that Tommen was dead.

It's nice that Arya is back and doing shit, even if it was such a long, dragged out, poorly developed walk to get there. I'm just going to pretend that whole arc was designed differently.

Littlefinger and Meli are going to find a way to hurt the Starks.

After sitting through so many lame season finales, it was good to see one finally come through with a perfect ending leading into next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom