• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large Youtubers Hide Ownership of CSGO Lottery Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alebrije

If the bandana fits, you must acquit. A man with a cute dog can't be guilty.

screenshot2016-07-06a0fkb8.png

Where can I bet for that bandana skin?

Apathy

if anything there hes admitting it's a gambling site that isn't taking the required setups to make sure the people that are participating in the gambling are vetted. Hell, where is the governmental oversight. Pretty sure you can't just set up a gambling site without having to fill out some sort of paperwork to get government oversight and keep things on the up and up.

Also, dude must think caches or even his own videos don't exist, claiming hes been up front about his connection (even when he also said he was not there from the start and now he is saying he has been the from the start). "i just found out about this new site randomly" does not sound like being up front about your connection to it.

zeioIIDX

The video responses to this "apology" are going to be delicious. He'd have possibly gained some respect from people had he come out and admitted to any wrongdoings on his part and just kept it real with viewers with an actual, genuine apology. Fuck all the "I'm livin' large cuz of you guys, thanks boys!" shit. We know you're living lavishly. He needs to address the meat of the issue and quit fucking around with the buttered up mashed potatoes on the side. But like many are saying, I suppose his attorney advised him on what to say. I don't know.

Where can I bet for that bandana skin?

You nearly had me spit iced tea all over my laptop!

Audioboxer

This has been totally blown out of proportion.
Obviously the media is going to jump all over a nice guy like
TmarTn just because they are jealous of his
Audience and the love he gives his fans
Losers!

Can't we just let this move on?
U can see that he said his sorry and he
Never said he was a perfect person keep making great content i love you bro!
TmarTn!

I see what you did there.

I'll see you next Tuesday.

oroboros

his connection to csgolotto has been in public record is his excuse for not disclosing it clearly all this time and loophole he's going for here...

this dude's a complete scumbag, a walking infomercial. he's got that shady used car salesmen aura about him. and 3+ million people follow this guy? what a world

i hope people are nice to those kids commenting in support of tmartn, they are most likely under the age of 13 and their idol just got busted. just inform them what's happening and why it's not okay, don't make fun of them.

KingBroly

Banned
his connection to csgolotto has been in public record is his excuse for not disclosing it clearly all this time and loophole he's going for here...

this dude's a complete scumbag, a walking infomercial. he's got that shady used car salesmen aura about him. and 3+ million people follow this guy? what a world

There is no loophole here. Gambling is one of the most regulated things in the US, both at a federal and state level. The law is crystal clear in regards to disclosing that kind of information. On top of that, he's done about a dozen other illegal things here.

I hope ProSyndicates video completely sell out Tmartn and blows the lid on the whole operation. I have a feeling there will be more honesty in his response, but we will see.

Taker34

Banned

"Much respek." That sums it up.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that every one involved in the CSGOLotto scandal, Valve and the other "smarter" gaming/gambling related YouTubers and sites receive a very harsh punishment. We don't need crap like this in the gaming industry. This is so disgusting, I can't even eat my piece of chocolate cake right now.

For some states. Some other states you need to be 21 or older, like in Florida... where CSGOLotto is based out of.

For some states it's also 100% illegal for online gambling (I live in one of states where this is illegal). I only know because I tried to get into daily fantasy sports gambling. These DFS sites have their loopholes figured out, these CSGO sites... they're all illegal. Especially if there is no "free to play" option, which it looks like these sites do not have.

Arizona statues consider the following three points when deciphering between legal and illegal gambling. The law of the land considers something to be of a gambling nature if:

1) The act of risking or giving something of value is present; if no money or value item is required to participate, then it’s not gambling;

2) The event in question incorporates and opportunity to obtain a benefit; and

3) If a game or contest, of chance or skill, or a future contingent event is central to the event, it’s gambling.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, thats not really much of an apology at all. He uses the excuse that the company (CSGO Lotto) has been public record since it was started, and therefor everyone should/could have known. There is no metion at all regarding his comments about "i found this website" and "i didn't own this company since the begining". In one way, i guess it makes sense that he doesnt mention those things in fear of giving even more evidence in a case of a lawsuit though, but still. Kinda a pointless video in that regards.

"Much respek." That sums it up.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that every one involved in the CSGOLotto scandal, Valve and the other "smarter" gaming/gambling related YouTubers and sites receive a very harsh punishment. We don't need crap like this in the gaming industry. This is so disgusting, I can't even eat my piece of chocolate cake right now.
Can...can I have your cake?

Apathy

For some states it's also 100% illegal for online gambling (I live in one of states where this is illegal). I only know because I tried to get into daily fantasy sports gambling. These DFS sites have their loopholes figured out, these CSGO sites... they're all illegal. Especially if there is no "free to play" option, which it looks like these sites do not have.

Hell as far as I understand in some states it's legal to do online gambling if they are from that state and out of state (or country) can't participate. I think NJ is like that.

liquidtmd

Banned
Yeah, thats not really much of an apology at all. He uses the excuse that the company (CSGO Lotto) has been public record since it was started, and therefor everyone should/could have known. There is no metion at all regarding his comments about "i found this website" and "i didn't own this company since the begining". In one way, i guess it makes sense that he doesnt mention those things in fear of giving even more evidence in a case of a lawsuit though, but still. Kinda a pointless video in that regards.

Thats the thing - the video is already out there of him saying that bullshit about finding the site

The genie is out of the bottle. What he said doesn't make any sense in terms of its not 'our misunderstanding' - he's on tape lying.

Maximo

Man the fucker uses his dog Cooper which has been with him on VLOGS since he was a puppy at the start of the video, what a manipulative piece of shit, brings the dog out to gain sympathy.

KingBroly

Banned
Thats the thing - the video is already out there of him saying that bullshit about finding the site

The genie is out of the bottle. What he said doesn't make any sense in terms of its not 'our misunderstanding' - he's on tape lying.

Him deleting the video, tweets, etc. thinks it puts him in the clear. It doesn't. But I'm sure tons of people have already re-uploaded said video and/or saved it to hard drives for archival purposes.

Magwik

Banned
"You guys have changed my life"
As he's sitting in his expensive house living his expensive life. he's literally begging people to keep his lavish lifestyle. What a piece of fucking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom