• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large Youtubers Hide Ownership of CSGO Lottery Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissVibes

Banned
I'm really curious of his age viewership breakdown on YT. Since there was no disclosure of ownership or warning of being age appropriate to play, it could be a potential silver bullet if his viewership is extremely high for those under 18 because it could be used to say he is targeting under 18 viewers.

5LUQcIO.png

Isn't that just going off the age you set on your YT account? As a kid, I had accounts for stuff that said I was born in 1969. Sure a lot of kids lie about their ages.

MrBadger

That sociopathic apology coupled with all the people in the comments insisting that he did nothing wrong are probably going to be the things that push me over the edge and cause me to take a long break from internet culture.

See you all tomorrow.

liquidtmd

Banned
Update: Martin has retained the services of law firm Watson LLP, which has issued a statement on the matter to PC Invasion. Much of it simply repeats what Martin said in his video, but the firm also insisted that no wrongdoing actually took place.

"It is important to understand that winners on the website are randomly determined by both algorithms and computer code. The odds of winning games played at CSGO Lotto are not more or less favorable to any players. The company has fail-safe measures in place to prevent any person and any player from independently changing or manipulating the outcomes of any games played," the statement says in part. "CSGO Lotto finds it deeply troubling that statements against both the company and its owners are not supported by facts and lack a serious understanding of 'gambling,' as that term is legally defined. In this way, CSGO Lotto is materially different from its competitors who operate other game play websites that may, in fact, cross the line of legality."

Oh great so they wouldn't be adverse to having their backend independently audited to verify that, in particular to the session where the fucker went on video record to his audience in relation to winning $13,000

Audioboxer

That sociopathic apology coupled with all the people in the comments insisting that he did nothing wrong are probably going to be the things that push me over the edge and cause me to take a long break from internet culture.

See you all tomorrow.

15 minutes to midnight in the UK so I'll see you in 20.

lmao if I am reading this right CSGOWild operates out the Island of Antigua

screenshot2016-07-06ar0sas.png

Maybe someone should just ask him if he owns or are otherwise affiliated with CSGOWild.

Wow I had no idea these were all based in Antigua. That can't be a coincidence. I was just there last month for my honeymoon. It's a really lovely place.

See you all tomorrow.

I've been largely avoiding this because I know it would probably be bad for my blood pressure.

Oh great so they wouldn't be adverse to having their backend independently audited to verify that, in particular to the session where the fucker went on video record to his audience in relation to winning $13,000

Let's assume that the backend is clean and that all the algorithms are clean. We still have video evidence of the site owner, who is also betting using his own site, logging out of one of his BOT accounts used to transfer these goods. That is pretty damning in of itself and still shows he had means to gain the system and even take people's skins from them even if he were to "lose" a bet fairly.

Lotteries and Raffles

In order for an activity to constitute a “lottery,” it only needs to have three elements: 1) a prize; 2) the prize must be bestowed as a matter of chance; and 3) consideration must be paid for that chance.15 Even if the primary focus of the activity is not the generation of revenue, it is still an illegal lottery if the requisite elements are present.16

Pursuant to §849.09 (2004), it is unlawful for any person in Florida to set up, promote, or conduct any lottery for money or anything else of value. Additionally, §849.09(1)(d) (2004) makes it unlawful to aid or assist someone in conducting a lottery. If a community association allows residents to conduct an illegal lottery, even though the community association may not take part or benefit, the association could find itself on the wrong side of §849.09.

I mean, the site has lotto in it's name, short for lottery. Lotteries are illegal. How did this business even get approved?

quest

Not Banned from OT
I really hope this is the beginning of the end of the pay real money to open random boxes in games. I hope 1 state attorney general or someone in congress gets wind of this and steps in. It is so scummy and leads to even more scummy things like this whole betting on skins websites. I squarely place the blame for this on companies like valve. They damn well knew what would happen if you give scum an inch they will take a mile.

The Flash

Banned
Just read the PC Gamer article on the "apology" video.

Is it wrong that I'm daydreaming of TmarTn appearing before a Senate committee?

element

Isn't that just going off the age you set on your YT account? As a kid, I had accounts for stuff that said I was born in 1969. Sure a lot of kids lie about their ages.
There are always going to be a percentage of those that circumvent it, but if there is a large enough viewers under 18 that could be damaging.

OCD Guy

See you all tomorrow.

Yeah it's starting to really irritate me.

The whole internet culture is fucked, it's full of sociopaths thriving off attention, and people talking like shit to each other behind a keyboard.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Just read the PC Gamer article on the "apology" video.

Is it wrong that I'm daydreaming of TmarTn appearing before a Senate committee?

As long as that dream involves Gabe and blizzard in front of the same committee I am in. This needs to be shut down at the source and that is gambling style paid DLC.

liquidtmd

Banned
As long as that dream involves Gabe and blizzard in front of the same committee I am in. This needs to be shut down at the source and that is gambling style paid DLC.

Committee Head: "Do you want to take the fifth"?

Gabe: "As long as I don't have to take the third, I'm golden"

antonz

Florida really doesn't fuck around with gambling. Even if the lawyer wants to argue we are all stupid and do not know what gambling is Florida has it pretty well defined. If he wants to argue Lotto is not gambling well guess what? In Florida Lotto is gambling and running lotteries is a felony.

Audioboxer

Does every fucking apology need to start with the I'm amazing/an entrepreneur/rich as fuck and I love all you guys?

I mean it's textbook stuff.

z3phon

I still can't get over the "sorry if I didn't make it clear" thing.

He specifically stated he found this site, and that he was talking to them on Twitter and discussing sponsorship deals.

The video evidence alone completely kills his defence of "it was public record that I owned the site"

The sickening thing is how in that video he goes on to promote and encourage gambling by saying "I only won $69 but it felt so good".

The more I think about it the more I realise that he is pure scum.

It really pisses me off as these people are literally living the dream, earning large amounts of money for a job they love and they still aren't happy, so they try to push their luck...
Yeah I don't understand why he is going with that story. Don't we have the video evidence that completely destroys his defense in this latest video, isn't he digging a bigger hole for himself?

liquidtmd

Banned
I swear to god if these guys arent pursued legally, every criminal regardless of what theyve done from here on out should just be allowed to get off Scot free from investigation by saying "I've let my fans down"

Also: "I love you guys" - Check mate motherfuckers!

OCD Guy

The golden rule : Never admit that you are wrong or have done something wrong.

He's certainly keeping true to that.

Honestly the harshest punishment these guys could get is a ban from social media.

Not likely to happen I know but a large fine, or warning isn't going to do much and if they received a jail sentence it would just give them something to talk about on their vlog when they're released....

And youtube would be full of "free TmarTn" etc comments...

Dennis

Banned
I swear to god if these guys arent pursued legally, every criminal regardless of what theyve done from here on out should just be allowed to get off Scot free from investigation by saying "I've let my fans down"

Also: "I love you guys" - Check mate motherfuckers!

Note to self: Invest in cute pet

Intel_89

I'm sorry for being a scammer, the timing of my appology matching the exact time I got caught has nothing to do with it, it's merely a coincidence. :(

IMO Valve should ban their accounts and block all access to the API's from gambling sites.

But then you realize they have been making millions and millions of dollars, thanks to these sites who helps to promote and boost crate sales.

Audioboxer

I'm sorry for being a scammer, the timing of my appology matching the exact time I got caught has nothing to do with it, it's merely a coincidence. :(

I'm sorry it wasn't my best friends who told me I was morally wrong, my company partners or my family. It had to be you guys, the guys I love most.

OCD Guy

Yeah I don't understand why he is going with that story. Don't we have the video evidence that completely destroys his defense in this latest video, isn't he digging a bigger hole for himself?

Exactly.

I would love to hear him try to explain what he meant when he said he found the site.

The public record that he proudly keeps bringing up clearly shows he owned the site at the point he made a video stating he found it.

It's a very simple question. Why did you say you found the site, when in actual fact you owned it?

He's not covered that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom