• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a Warp Drive upgrade on a planet, but it said I already knew it. When I went into my inventory to try to install the upgrade in my ship, I don't have the option to install that technology. It just doesn't show up at all there. Am I missing something?

Griss

I have both Warp Drive Tau and Sigma upgrades on my Ship and they are adjacent for the bonus. I can jump 730 Light Years in a single warp (I personally checked this, as the furthest star I could travel to was 730 light years away but a Star that was 740 was (Too far, upgrade warp drive)

Since the effects seem to be cumulative having Sigma, Tau, and Theta all on your ship at once should in theory allow you to jump 1500+ light years in a single warp jump.

Now if there just happens to be a Warp Drive Omega upgrade like I found a Damage Amplifier Omega for my Mining Beam....oh boy!

Yeah, I'm at 750 light years per jump too with the exact same build. But even if you can go 1,500 - that's nowhere near enough to make it comfortable to get to the middle, is it? That's still about 120 jumps. That's a lot of grinding. I guess an omega drive could cut that to 20 - which is about what I'd consider acceptable.

I found a Warp Drive upgrade on a planet, but it said I already knew it. When I went into my inventory to try to install the upgrade in my ship, I don't have the option to install that technology. It just doesn't show up at all there. Am I missing something?

This stumped the shit out of me until I realised that if you have something installed already it doesn't show up. So maybe you just already had the tech you just hadn't known the schematic. Happened to me a couple of times.

Is there any way to do that other than destroying the life support I created and using ressources to re-create another one?

Also that doesn't answer my question about the jetpack upgrade.

Oh shit I'm really sorry, I honestly didn't even read your post I just saw the picture and immediately commented about the life support.

I think it's total balls that they start you off with your shit crammed in a corner like that so you have literally no way of ever upgrading it directly. Multitools and ships can eventually be maxed out so you can stack upgrades under everything but you (AFAIK) can never, ever change your suit so you're stuck with some stuff that's never able to be upgrad-chained and it fucking sucks IMO.

Griss

Better to know now than later.

Trust me, the freed up inventory space will feel better than any amount of money ever could. In fact, if you calculate how much the free space costs as an exosuit upgrade near the end of upgrading, those spaces are worth about 2.5m units.

OmegaDL50

Some guy on Twitter is going on about how it would take one week max with only one employee to add in multiplayer.

ugh

I wouldn't say it would take one week, per say, but apparently Capcom only had ONE person developing the entire networking code for SFV, if that is to believed.

I personally don't take too much stock in it because having worked in IT before and having just one person responsible for networking development just seems highly implausible to me, unless it was some CCIE level networking engineer.

I'm hoping to come across a planet with like, one species type so I can get that zoology trophy.

Because right now I find almost all of them, except for like one or two.

mokeyjoe

It's really worth it, you barely have to aim and can keep hitting ships as you are chasing them and they leave your field of view. Pretty sure it has a longer range too.

I've switched to using the photon cannon, it kills ships so much quicker and doesn't run out. Providing you aim at the leading reticle the auto aim is just as good.

Just killed 20 ships in a row. I can recommend the photon cannon.

I'm becoming more and more of a pirate. Taken to lurking round large trading posts and ambushing incoming ships. Then killing the sentinel ships too. You get at least 25k per ship usually.

NeoRausch

It seems everyones who's found one, they've all been turned off...wonder what's up with it :l

Got that last night:

t2b9r.jpg

sueil

Is there a list of what the different star types / numbers / letters mean? Sorry if it's been posted but its 300 pages.

TyrantII

If you see a ship you want and want to buy it for cheap, break down all your upgrades and transfer everything off your ship.

Apparently ship prices peek at your inventory

lt519

I've switched to using the photon cannon, it kills ships so much quicker and doesn't run out. Providing you aim at the leading reticle the auto aim is just as good.

Just killed 20 ships in a row. I can recommend the photon cannon.

I'm becoming more and more of a pirate. Taken to lurking round large trading posts and ambushing incoming ships. Then killing the sentinel ships too. You get at least 25k per ship usually.

Yeah, very effective means of farming cash. To be fair I never gave an upgraded photon cannon a try so it's probably just as/if not more effective. I bought a ship with all the phase upgrades there so I just started naturally using it. But for those having trouble aiming, leading other ships, etc, it's a bit of an easy button.

pip77

I'm very interested in
aquaspheres
. They sell for as much, or more depending on the system, as the valuable "forbidden" collectibles, but don't aggro the sentinels. If you have good underwater breathing tech and find the right planet it could be pretty legit.

I have a two membranes blueprints right now that help with breathing underwater.

NXaK9bJl.png

Edit: Screenshot was from around 6pm. When I stopped playing a hour ago, I have added about 5 more slots to my exosuit

mokeyjoe

Yeah, very effective means of farming cash. To be fair I never gave an upgraded photon cannon a try so it's probably just as/if not more effective. I bought a ship with all the phase upgrades there so I just started naturally using it. But for those having trouble aiming, leading other ships, etc, it's a bit of an easy button.

The thing is it's not any harder to aim at the leading reticle than it is to aim directly at the ship. It's just as forgiving as the phase beam when you do that.

In head on battles when you're both shooting at each other it brings them down super quick and that saves a lot of shield. You can really see the difference then.

daveo42

Banned
Capped inventory and now looking for a new star ship with my 6mil+ credits. Have yet to find one I like with enough space. I did miss an upgrade on the first Atlas station. Any way to go back to it or is there no way to trace back to anomalies?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Does the PC version support 3D? Does anyone have one of those dumb setups can it be forced?

I want it badly.

Is it weird that I've done about 10 jumps and a black hole and still all the multi tools I find are less slots then my preorder bonus one (7 slots)

Likewise every crashed ship I find has less slots then the one I bought early on .

TyrantII

Looks like the traders running from the stations don't actually path to a planet landing pad.

I followed one at sub pulse speed untill I was eventually attacked by pirates.

OmegaDL50

Hey guys,

Units, after I fully upgrade and have 48 slot exo suit what should I spend units on?

Upgrade your gun to a 24 SLot Multi-tool, which is the highest it can go.

The last gun I bought only cost 170k units so it's by far cheaper than upgrading to a 48 slot ship.

Ship will probably be the last thing I upgrade due to the exorbitant costs involved.

This surviving sols in extreme weather milsestone thing is borked. Ive been on this planet in extreme conditions for hours and the thing aint budging.

I need help with a number puzzle

The numbers given-
5-14-41-122-XXX

Answers being

Now I thought, 'Ok maybe it's that all the numbers equal 5'

But none of the answers doo

>_<

OuterLimits

Lol. Just had an awesome glitch(not really) I'm inside trade facility thing on a planet and suddenly I get a storm warning notice. It starts snowing hard inside the station and my hazard protection starts falling quickly even though I'm inside a building.

N° 2048

Lol. Just had an awesome glitch(not really) I'm inside trade facility thing on a planet and suddenly I get a storm warning notice. It starts snowing hard inside the station and my hazard protection starts falling quickly even though I'm inside a building.

This happened to be once. Inside the building, in a certain corner I could get damage from weather.

OmegaDL50

I think I have found in my opinion, the most ideal upgrade path for the Multi-tool

VnXlUvQ.png

Top 8 slots entirely dedicated for the Mining Beam and the adjacent bonuses all in a row.
The 2nd row all 8 slots to Boltcaster and it's upgrades and the adjacent bonuses.
The bottom row four slows on the left for the scanner and four slots to the right for the grenade.

Once I complete this setup since I disassembled everything I could. This should give a multi-tool that is capable of handling every possible situation.

That is my current goal to make this ideal super gun.

Moff

I'm drowning in multi tools, jut found one with 11 slots and plenty of pre installed upgrades on an anomaly. before that I just got one from a space station dude with I think 9 slots

speaking of which, thanks for mentiong that the super important suit upgrades are behind the atlas pass V1 space station doors, grr, must have missed like 6 or 7.

also got a new, cool ship, so all is well

sadly, I am really feeling kind of a low at the moment, the repetivenss sinks in. far later than I thought, though, I am enjoying this game far more than I expected. the concept defnitely works and is fun, exploring, crafting is wo well put together and just feels natural and makes sense.

but I can't help to imagine how epic this game would be with MMO features like base building, conquering of planets/systems, fighting other empires, wow

it's definitely a good game as it is, and really ambitious and impressive for an 11-people developer.

Griss

This surviving sols in extreme weather milsestone thing is borked. Ive been on this planet in extreme conditions for hours and the thing aint budging.

I'm almost at milestone 10 on everyone but that, where I haven't even reached milestone 1. And I spent most of today on an extreme cold planet that required a tau upgrade to survive. It has to be a bug.

Very frustrating.

Furio53

Alright well I've verified now that you need to go in adjacent order Hyperdrive -> Warp Reactor Tau -> Warp Reactor Theta - in order to visit blue systems that require Theta. Wish there was better info about that cause I had to deconstruct drives and other objects in order to figure this out :p

N° 2048

and Sigma built. Just Theta left. Still need Blueprint for Omega.

Atlas Path spoilers:
Handed in my 10 Atlas Stones for birth of a new star and now it has be chasing black holes -.-

Griss

Alright well I've verified now that you need to go in adjacent order Hyperdrive -> Warp Reactor Tau -> Warp Reactor Theta - in order to visit blue systems that require Theta. Wish there was better info about that cause I had to deconstruct drives and other objects in order to figure this out :p

Wait, you mean they have to be connected to each other?

OuterLimits

So I got a Jetpack booster blueprint, and the game keeps reminding me I can build it with just one more Carite sheet. Thanks for constantly reminding me game.

I'm in my 5th system now and still have the starter spaceship. About a jump or two from the Atlas labeled star system. Time to upgrade the ship. My suit has more slots than my ship. I have 700,000 credits, so I should be able to buy a ship with a modest upgrade to my starter one.

Btw, if you get off the Atlas track, can you reestablish it later?

delume

I'm like a homeless spaceman begging for Omegon. I have talked to every alien I've met, killed everything, mined everything and sifted through alien dung. Jet pack upgrade is so close but so damn far. Any pro-tips?

I'm like a homeless spaceman begging for Omegon. I have talked to every alien I've met, killed everything, mined everything and sifted through alien dung. Jet pack upgrade is so close but so damn far. Any pro-tips?
I have a buddy that said he fed an alien, it then dug into the ground, and revealed Omegon. Maybe try feeding the animals? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom