• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone let me know what I did wrong?

I maxed the cp of my ninetales and it hit 1347. Also maxed my pidgeot and hit 1307.

The thing is, when I check them with pgnexus, it says they both should hit 1800 at level 40.

So, what did I do wrong? Or what am I reading wrong?

You aren't level 40. That's why.

i actually did that in the first time,also in the request page there is tap to chose what platform you are using.

If you stated a reason outside the policy, then there's not much that can be done as far as I'm concerned.

Unless you lie.

YOU WANNA LIE?

YOU WANNA BE....

a criminal??

Head.spawn

I finally got them to process a refund. Took about 5 weeks from sending them an email to them hitting me with a refund for a glitched purchase.

You aren't level 40. That's why.

Hummm... So the level 40 thing is the trainer level? I see... So How can i figure out the maximum cp my pokemon can reach?

Edit: i mean, i hv 2 pidgey, how can i know the one with the biggest potential?

Edit2: nvm. I think i understand. The cp of my pokemon will increase as i level up as a trainer, right?

There's not many good Pokemon in my town. I've been going everywhere here, and I'm 20k EXP away from level 23. I haven't been playing every day, but I have walked a lot across the days I have played.

I've seen 83 Pokemon, but it goes up to 97 after doing certain evolutions. Since I'm playing this without spending money, I can't hatch eggs that often. I've been saving my incubators for 10km egg batches. I received a 10km egg today, but I still need a few more in my inventory to justify using my remaining incubators. I have been hatching 5km eggs one by one, and my inventory has five 2km eggs in it. I'm going to clear all 2km eggs back to back before getting more.

All of my gym rewards are going towards incubators, since I am reliant on eggs at this point. Since the game is kind of dying a bit, I'm not really going out of my way to play this like I used to. The Pokemon variety is just bad here.

Hummm... So the level 40 thing is the trainer level? I see... So How can i figure out the maximum cp my pokemon can reach?

There are several sites and apps out there. Generally I use pokeassistant.com, although it's imprecise. There, you can input the data and select your trainer level and it will give you a range of possible statistics as well as a breakdown of the best case and worst case for each stat and CP of the Pokemon, including max CP.

Then, sometimes I will also use the Silph Road's IV calculator and compare the results to pokeassistant to narrow the range down (if it the range is from 90% to as low as 50%).

Of course, you can always compare the stats of the Pokemon yourself. If two pidgey's are close to the same CP and one has higher HP and a lower stardust cost, it's definitely the better Pokemon. If the cost to power it up is the same and there is only a one or two point difference in HP, it's a toss up.

So what I would suggest is finding what works for you to easily get rid of the Pokemon with bad CP efficiently, and from there decide how specifically and accurately you want your knowledge of your Pokemon's IV's to be. If you want to know exactly, you are likely going to need to download an app or go to a website that I don't have experience with and therefore cannot recommend.

For pidgeys though, it doesn't really matter.

Edit2: nvm. I think i understand. The cp of my pokemon will increase as i level up as a trainer, right?

Correct. You can level up twice per level, and at level 29 1/2 the amount of CP gained per power up will be halved. If you max a Pokemon out when you are level 20, you will be able to power it up twice when you level and be maxed out again.

L.O.R.D

If you stated a reason outside the policy, then there's not much that can be done as far as I'm concerned.

Unless you lie.

YOU WANNA LIE?

YOU WANNA BE....

a criminal??

ahh,that's is another account btw,why are mentioning that now?
i am talking about my main account,WTF man?
why are you angry at me?

are you angry at me because i cheated in secondary account?
did i get any advantage and take any gym?
i mean...dude.

PSFan

Aren't you already breaking their policy when you use multiple accounts?

That would be pretty stupid. What's wrong with having two accounts? That would be like Nintendo having a policy forbidding you to have both versions of a regular Pokemon game.

L Thammy

No no, I was thinking of the game's user agreement, which does says that you're only supposed to have one account if I remember correctly. I don't think that's necessarily connected to the refund policy.

That's a beautiful "whale"

Cqju4QpXEAAAodV.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cqju4QpXEAAAodV.jpg

I feel so much better after reading this
I spent $150 without realizing I was spending way too much :(

Man, I wonder how people find anything without a tracker, lol. Saw a kabuto and rhydon pop up on my radar. Scoured the whole neighborhood trying to find them. No luck. Their location just kept going all over the place. :( Then they eventually disappeared...

Vipu

Banned
Man, I wonder how people find anything without a tracker, lol. Saw a kabuto and rhydon pop up on my radar. Scoured the whole neighborhood trying to find them. No luck. Their location just kept going all over the place. :( Then they eventually disappeared...

This is first random pic I found to give some way to help.
Think you are small dot in middle of that blue circle, blue circle is search range of this "nearby", if you move to right and something pops, can there be many places where that pokemon will be?

Im not really sure how people can have so hard time with so simple thing.
Only thing I can imagine is in massive cities where "nearby" tracker is always full, but in those places you find pokemons 24/7 so I would not worry really about finding mons.

CirclePolygon1.png

eek5

I feel so much better after reading this
I spent $150 without realizing I was spending way too much :(

Not to make you feel worse but that guy is a youtuber with 130k subs and 10-20k+ views per video so hes made that back and then some

He also streams and gets 100-500k+ views so yeah... 1500 is just a business expense

Vipu

Banned
Been checking my mons now with this new Appraise and its pretty good to check all important pokemons fast if they are 80%+ or less then do fine tuning with some site if needed.

(mat)

This post by Zakrael on Reddit explains it best. It makes a ton of sense and is super easy when put in practice.

So since the update I've seen a lot of people complaining about how "it's changed nothing", "you still can't track anything", and so on.
Well, I don't want to say that you're wrong. But you're wrong. The increased refresh accuracy of the Sightings list has made it very possible to track Pokemon, it just requires a bit of thought.
Please consult this shitty diagram as a reference with the below explanation.

bA0YM1X.jpg

1. You, a trainer out on a walk, check your Pokemon Go app at point A. "Hot damn, a Pidgey!" you think to yourself as you look at your Sightings list. You now know that you are some point within 200m of a Pidgey, but not exactly where that Pidgey is. Time to start tracking.

2. Keep walking straight ahead. Eventually, you will get more than 200m away from the Pidgey, and it will disappear from your Sightings list. This is Point B. Stop here, and take note of where you are as accurately as you can, you'll need to use this point later.

3. Turn around and go back the way you came. The Pidgey comes back into your Sightings list. Keep walking in as straight a line as you can, past point A, until the Pidgey disappears again. This is Point C, on the other side of the Pidgey's "detection circle" to point B.

4. Find the halfway point on the line you walked between points B and C (this is why you had to pay attention at B), and go there. This is point D. When at point D, make a turn and start walking at right angles to the line you just walked between B and C.

5. One of two things will happen. If you chose correctly, you'll walk right into the Pidgey. If you chose poorly, you'll end up moving away from the Pidgey and wind up at point E, where the Pidgey will disappear again. No problem there, just turn around and walk back the way you came, and eventually you'll hit Pidgey.

Why is this different to what we had previously? Well before, the Pokemon didn't disappear from your nearby list until they were either replaced or you force closed and restarted the app. Now we can accurately tell whether we are within ~200m of a Pokemon or not, which lets you reliably map out the edges of it's detection circle. Once you've found three points on the edges of a circle (B, C and E in this example), you can find the middle. Easy.

Of course, doing this before it despawns can sometimes be a challenge, especially in places where there might be buildings in the way to mess with your straight lines. But in a lot of ways, we're back to where we were on launch week with regards to tracking Pokemon. This triangulation process is exactly the same as I was using when the steps worked, but instead of marking the difference between 2 steps and 3 steps, I'm marking the difference between "there" and "not there".

Hope this helps, and maybe stops people complaining about at least this specific thing. ;D

eek5

Been checking my mons now with this new Appraise and its pretty good to check all important pokemons fast if they are 80%+ or less then do fine tuning with some site if needed.
If you combine it with GoIV you can eliminate possibilities and narrow down exact IVs (for example if appraiser says HP is highest you can eliminate all possibilities where STA isn't the highest value)

Or you can just keep 80%+ and not worry about the actual values.

Toki767

If you combine it with GoIV you can eliminate possibilities and narrow down exact IVs (for example if appraiser says HP is highest you can eliminate all possibilities where STA isn't the highest value)

GoIV was removed from the play store though. I heard it went open source, but is there a developer that took it to make a better app yet?

Vipu

Banned

Im using pokeassistant and yeah it really helps to combine these 2 now.
I just had mon with 97% and 90% showing in pokeassistant, appraise said hp and def highest so I could pick with that it was the 97%.
Without using dusts and candies!!!!

Red Fire

Sigh at everyone saying useless update.. This is super useful to determine your pokemon's exact IVs without spending stardust on it.

Omzz

Is the Niantic support any good?

Accidentally signed out and forgot my info. Tried signing in and ended up making a new account...Waiting for the email :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom