• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular FGC streamer MAXIMILIAN accidentally says n*gger on stream; asses are shown

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's real unfortunate at best.

literally imprison

ive not watched the video but im definitely able to say this with conviction, he definitely used the er version not a.

If you could just take 30 seconds to actually watch the video before posting in the thread you would see he actually does say the -er version. I don't even know what your post is trying to say.

Jesus people need to get over this already. It's just a word, and after almost 200 years, it doesn't hold the same connotation.

Free speech should be higher up in the priorities list- than black people getting offended- in this matter.

Please let's go into the future.

This might be the dumbest post I've seen on NeoGAF in ~3 years of posting here.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Yeah uh, what planet am I on where this isn't a big deal?

I am in no way justifying using racial slurs against anyone, but can you prove that he actually had the intention of saying that word? Because from what I'm seeing in the video, he was just chained similarly-sounding words together and that one unfortunately came out as a result. I'm not saying any intentionality in him trying to insult anyone with it. He then repeated it slowly, trying to say it clearly, and said "ninja".

It does sound like a slip of the tongue to me, but if I'm mistaken, I'll gladly be proven wrong.

He also had a faux pas, completely unintentional, and talked about it here. I don't recall exactly what word he said, but I think it was the F-one. The offensive F-one.

Velkyn

Anyone offended by this didn't even watch the clip. Dude is reading someone's name who probably donated or something and simply said the name w not because it was something of a tongue twister. He then just simply says it correctly. No trying to cover anything up.

I don't think it matters at this point; the replies in this thread are arguably worse than the clip.

Jesus people need to get over this already. It's just a word, and after almost 200 years, it doesn't hold the same connotation.

Free speech should be higher up in the priorities list- than black people getting offended- in this matter.

DqomOBq.gif

Ivan 3414

Whatever a lot of yall saying the nword derogatorily or endearingly in yall personal lives anyway

Edit This is not a defense of his words but this is a non-issue for me

Armigr

This surely wasn't intentional. Hell, it wasn't even a slip of the tongue. He was clearly just doing a syllable rhyme game and the n-word crept in there on accident.

Who the fuck cares.

Everyone needs to stop getting offended at everything.

All that said, this is not a good way to respond to this issue.

Criticizing people for what they say isn't impeding their free speech. it is free speech.

oh my GOD.

lmao it sounds so stupid and then he repeats it to change it to ninja and it sounds even worse

is this why that thread in OT "whats the most racist thing you ever did" existed?

Kade

It's a pretty bad word.

Velkyn

Stop getting so fucking offended at everything.

He said nigger, yes it is bad, but life goes on.

So what gives you the right to dictate what people get offended by?

You don't know peoples backgrounds, and you have the gall to tell them what they should and should not find offensive?

kAmui-

What the fuck am I reading O.O

hamchan

I was ready to be all disappointed in him especially since i've seen him post on GAF since he was a really small channel, trying to get people to watch.

Then I actually watched the video.

It really just seems like he was just spouting random noises.

Xav

Leave Max alone. He obviously got excited in the moment and just said it randomly.

Simply saying the word doesn't mean anything unless there is context behind it.

People need to stop being so easily offended by everything.

Chindogg

Planet FGC

You mean the planet with more minorities and marginalized people in it than any other gaming community?

Max made a dumb mistake and should be taken to task for it, but don't try to blanket the entire community as a bunch of bigots. That just makes you look dumb.

Anyone offended by this didn't even watch the clip. Dude is reading someone's name who probably donated or something and simply said the name w not because it was something of a tongue twister. He then just simply says it correctly. No trying to cover anything up.

Oh ok.

I thought he was going after some in game item with a gibberish name and he just said it wrong.

From the thread title I expected him to drop the name in frustration at a loss or something. I guess you could view this as being a Freudian slip of some sort but given Max's history I don't think I would.

Hm.

I'd be the first to point a finger at someone using racist language and came here all prepared to write an outraged post.. but ... then I watched the video and that does not sound in any way at all like he meant to use that word or that he meant anything racist by it - sounded like he was spewing out some nonsense rhyming, and that came out.

My pitchfork's away again... but man that was just weird.

Camjo-Z

Some of these replies are... enlightening.
Makes my ignore list grow a bit.

lol

lol

He was obviously trying to say gibberish and accidentally said the word, let's all chill out folks.

don't you mean lets go into the past?

shut up black people, enjoy being called nigger

Granjinha

i mean, it's not cool at all to use it but i really think he tried to do a tongue twister and accidently used the word? Shame that it came up but i don't think that means he's racist or tried to offend anyone

holy shit at some of the answers in this thread tho

Pachimari

So what gives you the right to dictate what people get offended by?

You don't know peoples backgrounds, and you have the gall to tell them what they should and should not find offensive?

But there's no context behind his word. It wasn't directed at the OP or any specific poster. He's just blabbing, and I don't think he had the intention to offend anyone.

What? I mean the clip seems like he just trying sounds together and it came out unfortunately, but the fuck at this? It has definitely not been almost 200 years.

wildfire

Banned

LOL
It took 39 replies before someone said something mature and insightful.

AGoodODST

Okay, these responses are satire right? Is there some joke I'm missing here?

Racial slur defense force. Bravo.

Hm.

I'd be the first to point a finger at someone using racist language and came here all prepared to write an outraged post.. but ... then I watched the video and that does not sound in any way at all like he meant to use that word or that he meant anything racist by it - sounded like he was spewing out some nonsense rhyming, and that came out.

My pitchfork's away again... but man that was just weird.

That is pretty my takeaway as well.

Seems like something he should have paused, apologized for, and moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom