• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

*Splinter

Uh... double voter... not scum aligned... uhoh... hahahahaha.

Guess I was the only one really interested in that matter? Well, someone had to dig up some old game. You'll never guess what I found out.
Hmm? It's already been pointed out.

Do you want to place a bet who reminded us of a scum aligned double voter in a previous game?

hahaha

Gorlak I present you...

image.php

*Splinter

Anyone thinking her power is so obviously a town power? Roy? Splinter?
Tbh I just wanted to pretend to trust her a couple of days to see if scum will kill her. That's not happening while people keep bringing her up though.

I can't read much into her power, but it's pro town and also not a huge loss, so I'd rather make her scum's problem if possible.

Not possible, apparently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gorlak

Banned
Found it. Thanks for bringing it up Splinter.

But why o why did you never respond to it? You were one of the few people to put her on the town side because of her power. Yet here we have the prime example of gafia lore for a scum double voter. Does this not change your stance the slightest?

Nobody reacted to it, in fact I get the feeling people don't care. I know I'm tunneling right now, but the sheer ignorance concerning this topic is overwhelming.

Do you, Splinter, still town read her? Simply because of her role?

Tbh I just wanted to pretend to trust her a couple of days to see if scum will kill her. That's not happening while people keep bringing her up though.

I can't read much into her power, but it's pro town and also not a huge loss, so I'd rather make her scum's problem if possible.

Not possible, apparently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What if she's scum tho

Gorlak

Banned
Okay, that's all the answers I need from you Splinter. I'll quote your post concerning Roy, you requested earlier right now. But just one more thing:

Roy? What's your opinion now?

*Splinter

What if she's scum tho
Then her survival as a widely trusted PR would be suspicious in itself, and in the meantime she's given us a shit ton of posts to look through after her death.

This isn't an option now because we don't have that "widely trusted" part.

Honestly, her role is slightly more likely to be town than scum - but not enough to be definitive. So basically we should lynch her if we scum read her.

And as said, I can't read Sophia for shit. I hate to say that, because it sounds like such a lazy cop-out, but in Gods I literally had 3 separate green checks on Sophia and I was still trying to work out if she could somehow be scum.

Then her survival as a widely trusted PR would be suspicious in itself, and in the meantime she's given us a shit ton of posts to look through after her death.

This isn't an option now because we don't have that "widely trusted" part.

Honestly, her role is slightly more likely to be town than scum - but not enough to be definitive. So basically we should lynch her if we scum read her.

And as said, I can't read Sophia for shit. I hate to say that, because it sounds like such a lazy cop-out, but in Gods I literally had 3 separate green checks on Sophia and I was still trying to work out if she could somehow be scum.

Who did you investigate last Night, *Splinter?

Gorlak

Banned
What is this referring to?

I don't remember talking about Roy much, I've been struggling to get any kind of read on him.

Yes, you were right. It wasn't about roy but Darryl.

Speaking of Darryl, only thing I didn't like from him was his conversation with Sawneeks about Gorlak's vote on Roy.

He made some comment about liking the vote, and when pushed to justify himself it felt awkward, like he had made a careless comment and was now scrambling to justify it.
[]
The bits in parenthesis are his explanation, added after the fact. It kind of fits but the whole conversation felt like a struggle.

It's not enough to make me scumread him, but if he does flip scum my gut says to look at Roy.

I disagree, the explanation feels genuine to me. What is problematic however, is a missing follow up whatsoever. He liked the vote? Ah, he thinks there is something off with Roy than? But why did he never engage in a conversation with Roy and instead wastes his time with a (in my eyes) meaningless discussion with Fireblend?

Mixed it up as it was about the vote on roy and his connection to Darryl in case of an if.

*Splinter

If I were a doctor I'd've protected Sawneeks

If I were a roleblocker I'd've blocked roytheone

If I were a tracker I'd've tracked SalvaPot

And if I were ordinary I'd've been too busy playing Lords of the Fallen to look back over D1

Sophia

Uh... double voter... not scum aligned... uhoh... hahahahaha.

Guess I was the only one really interested in that matter? Well, someone had to dig up some old game. You'll never guess what I found out.

Does anyone want to place a bet who was a scum aligned double voter in her first game?

hahaha

Ladies and Gentleman I present you...

image.php

This post would be a whole lot more dramatic if I hadn't revealed this information myself last night.

If I were a doctor I'd've protected Sawneeks

If I were a roleblocker I'd've blocked roytheone

If I were a tracker I'd've tracked SalvaPot

And if I were ordinary I'd've been too busy playing Lords of the Fallen to look back over D1

So it likely you did one of these things.

Sophia

Exactly. I think you did well mentioning it yourself. I overread it because you started the post with a horrible "they look at me, there must be scum among them" defense, which was getting repeating once or twice in other situations afterwards. That's something you wrote to prohibit any further talk about you.

You're overthinking it. Or you're scum. It's too early in the day for me to tell which. x.x;

With recruitment in this game I'm not taking anything for granted. A converted Pokemon will lean on their original role/alignment, so I'm not believing anything unless it's a flip.

On the one hand, we can let scum deal with Sophia since a double-voter is more useful for town as the game goes on. On the other hand, we can't take the risk that Gaga or TR recruits her, giving them the same boon.

Day 1 votes:

roytheone - Bronx
Sophia - Bronx
Dusk Soldier - Fireblend
Blargonaut - Sophia
Bronx-Man - Sophia
Ty4on - Sophia
SalvaPot - No Lynch
Fireblend - Ynnek
Royal_Flush - No vote (last-minute unvote on El Topo)
Darryl --> TheGoddamn - Gorlak
El Topo - L_P
melonrabbit - El Topo
Unmasked Ferret - No vote
Gorlak - Salva
Sawneeks - Verelios
Hyperactivity --> Barrylocke - melon
Lone_Prodigy - Ferret
Ynnek7 - Bronx
StanleyPalmtree - Bronx
Kawl_USC --> *Splinter - Bronx
nin1000 - Gorlak (spelled wrong)
Verelios - Sawneeks
Christina Mackenzie - No vote (last vote on Sophia)

3 no votes: CM, Flush, and Ferret

I don't want to tunnel, but Ferret didn't vote D1 and continues with mostly inconsequential posts in D2, including this one:

Ty, would you say that The G's or Sophia's flipping either way affect your opinion of the other at this point?

where he brings up the triangle again. To be fair, it's after Ty posts a reads list that put TG and Sophia in the scum camp, so it's partly coincidental, but it's such a safe, non-offensive question.

Let's see some reads, Ferret. We're in D2 now, anyone sticking out to you?

Sophia

Hmm... of the active posters, Gorlak gives me the worst gut reads because he's tunneling me pretty hardcore, and could easily justify his reasons for it after I flip town.

Splinter I need to re-read. He says he can't read me for shit, but usually I can read him pretty well. So the fact that I can't worries me, even if I don't have any specific scum read on him right now.

Melon's asking a lot of questions this day phase, but the fact that she seems interested in why nobody followed Splinter's vote in five minute window (which is seriously not a lot of time at the end of the day phase,e specially when things are chaotic) baffles me.

Vote: Sophia

I have no idea how she could have survived the night. A town-aligned double vote is catastrophic for scum. Less indicative of scumminess is her vote for Bronx-Man. If a doctor protected her, how did Barry die?

This vote is just intellectually lazy. There are a multitude of reasons why scum would leave me alive on N1, not the least bit of which is the amount of heat on me right now. More then that, a double voter has little threat to them this early in the game. It is a much weaker power in the hands of town in general.

It sounds less like you have no idea, and more like you didn't care to figure it out in the first place.

I don't want to tunnel, but Ferret didn't vote D1 and continues with mostly inconsequential posts in D2, including this one:

where he brings up the triangle again. To be fair, it's after Ty posts a reads list that put TG and Sophia in the scum camp, so it's partly coincidental, but it's such a safe, non-offensive question.

Let's see some reads, Ferret. We're in D2 now, anyone sticking out to you?

Yeah, makes sense to me. Scum thrive off conversational topics that lead nowhere.

Of the three people with no vote, CM worries me less than Flush or Ferret. Flush I don't have good reeds on, Ferret I've just not played with so I'm reliant on other observations.

I'm not sure about the people on the Bronx vote right now. Hm...

roy has *Sp as his Phoenix Wright, and *Sp has diplomatic immunity, can't touch them

Stan and Ynnek are basically twins

and then there's you, Soph

We should probably lynch Gorlak, IMO

I feel like these accusations dont line up. He was trying to start a bandwagon... But didn't care if the target was lynched or not and just wanted to stay out of trouble?

Really all I was trying to point out was that Ynnek7's reasoning for voting Bronx was that it was basically a simple prod vote.

I feel that his actions don't line up with that reasoning however because 12 hours before the deadline, he should have known that a vote on Bronx had the potential to become a bandwagon. He voted him out anyway.

Also later in the day when Bronx was in danger of being the vote leader, Y kept his vote in place. Contrast that with you or Sophia who pulled your votes on Bronx and waited untill you were sure that he was the best lynch candidat of the day before putting them back on.

At the end of the day I think that Ynnek7 is the most supicious of the players that voted for Bronx. But that doesn't really mean much this early. Just something to keep in mind.

Also from that older post:

Roy had stated earlier in the day that he would vote to save Sophia, so I don't like that you paint it as a covert action here.

I personally did not see Roy's post when he said that. I must have been skimming the thread at that time. So that's why his last minute vote to save Sophia stuck out to me as odd. Obviously now I missed some context there.

Dusk, can you finally answer my question about if the Pokemon read list was serious or not, and if so, why you decided to vote for fire.

The pokemon read list was absolute horseshit. I really was just looking to see if people would argue against lynching any of those players. A post like this one:

Another post that increases my bad feelings about dusk. I find it hard to judge if this is just a joke fluff post or more a Blarg like post where there are actually real reads hidden in the nonsense. Having this vote stills stand only 2 hours before days end without any clarification worries me. If we end up lynching fire, it gives Dusk the possibility to get some credit if he flips scum, while if Fire flips town Dusk can hide behind "it was just a joke read/vote".

would be really telling of one of these two players flipped scum.

Speaking of which, can you explain why you feel so strongly against lynching Fireblend?

SalvaPot

Goddam people slow down a bit, I can't keep up. 5 pages in a day?

Well, let me comment on the night since its easier.

So we know Barry used to be a Pokemon Trainer, that is neat, but raises a few questions. Are there more pokemon trainers? Do the captured pokemon lose their alignment? Do they revert back to townies if their trainer dies?

Also, I think its safe to assume Team Rocket is One trainer or two trainers and a few pokemon, and probably have a recruiter, but I'll say if they do it has to be limited, maybe one shot. If this happens I recommend that, if someone gets revealed by a cop, to be careful he doesn't get cleaned just because of it since he could be recruited.

It seems to me this game is designed with "Pokemon teams" in mind. Also, if the new Lady Gaga dies tonight then its likely then the new pokemon he tried to catch becomes Lady Gaga. Man, talk about confusing.

So, all said, I think we are looking at at least 4 trainers, probably like this.
-Two town trainers
-One Neutral trainer
-One scum trainer

With the amount of player we have, its likely this is designed to capture at least 3 pokemon per team. It also sounds like once you are captured you are getting a new pm, so in that case its likely you get a new command to help your team win.

SalvaPot

Also if you can't catch other trainers or pokemon already captured... that is a pseudo-cop tool, specially this early in the game.

Verelios

Sorry, I got distracted yesterday and then was too tired to seriously work through the new posts. As a consequence I haven't really read anything past page 17 (50ppp) yet (and probably will not for another few hours), but I have one short reply I can get out of the way

I had totally lost track of the votecount, I did absolutely not pick up that Bronx-Man already had that many votes on him, I was ready to swing over to melonrabbit but feared to cause a tie. I wasn't sure how many votes the voteleader had or who the voteleader even was or if he currently was in a tie with Topo. The only thing I knew was that I wouldn't cause a tie by unvoting Topo (but maybe by staying) so that's what I did.
This stands out to as a complete non-answer, which I dislike. So you flipped over to Bronx because...you played roulette and it landed on his space? Come on Flush. Also, how would a melonrabbit vote cause a tie? If you said Sophia, I'd believe it.

Verelios

Salvapot...I hadn't read into anything you've posted as weird or particularly fluffy before, but those posts come out to seem fluffy.

SalvaPot

Salvapot...I hadn't read into anything you've posted as weird or particularly fluffy before, but those posts come out to seem fluffy.

Really? You didn't read ANY of my previous posts as weird or "particularly" fluffy? Not a single one? Not even the post I made where all it had was a picture of SEXY letters?

Pfft, I call bullshit. Now you are "having a revelations" of how my fluffiness is indicative of my scumminess and its clearly the turning point for you, looking me in a new light.

Sawneeks

Banned

So we know Barry used to be a Pokemon Trainer, that is neat, but raises a few questions. Are there more pokemon trainers? Do the captured pokemon lose their alignment? Do they revert back to townies if their trainer dies?

Also, I think its safe to assume Team Rocket is One trainer or two trainers and a few pokemon, and probably have a recruiter, but I'll say if they do it has to be limited, maybe one shot. If this happens I recommend that, if someone gets revealed by a cop, to be careful he doesn't get cleaned just because of it since he could be recruited.

It seems to me this game is designed with "Pokemon teams" in mind. Also, if the new Lady Gaga dies tonight then its likely then the new pokemon he tried to catch becomes Lady Gaga. Man, talk about confusing.

So, all said, I think we are looking at at least 4 trainers, probably like this.
-Two town trainers
-One Neutral trainer
-One scum trainer

With the amount of player we have, its likely this is designed to capture at least 3 pokemon per team. It also sounds like once you are captured you are getting a new pm, so in that case its likely you get a new command to help your team win.

Uh, did you not read Barry's role? I don't want to quote it because mobile quoting sucks but it does say inn the pm that "you are also aligned with Team Gaga" instead of just "you are aligned/are now aligned". Barry also had two alignments, one of which was redacted, suggesting that Barry was a part of two separate teams.

Verelios

Really? You didn't read ANY of my previous posts as weird or "particularly" fluffy? Not a single one? Not even the post I made where all it had was a picture of SEXY letters?

Pfft, I call bullshit. Now you are "having a revelations" of how my fluffiness is indicative of my scumminess and its clearly the turning point for you, looking me in a new light.
...Okay, I meant in context. The discussion on mechanics already passed, usually having an opinion then isn't odd, but when it passes, I consider that fluff.

-Two town trainers
-One Neutral trainer
-One scum trainer

Salva read over Barry's role pm.

The pokemon teams have their own separate alignment that's different from the regular town, neutral, scum.

So for instance you can be town, and then if your captured by pokemon trainer red, then you would be aligned with town AND aligned with red at the same time.

roytheone

Okay, that's all the answers I need from you Splinter. I'll quote your post concerning Roy, you requested earlier right now. But just one more thing:

Roy? What's your opinion now?

Still the same as it was before: I think the power is more likely to be town, so I am leaning town on Sophia. I am not in favor of a lynch of her because of that and because scum will have to kill her eventually if she really is town. That doesn't mean I am 100 % sure she is town and she did do some weird stuff (the reason to reveal her power still baffles me, giving Blarg something to talk about is more important then hiding for scum?), but for now I am against lynching her.

The pokemon read list was absolute horseshit. I really was just looking to see if people would argue against lynching any of those players. A post like this one:

would be really telling of one of these two players flipped scum.

Speaking of which, can you explain why you feel so strongly against lynching Fireblend?

Can you please point to a post where I say i feel strongly against lynching Fireblend?

Top Bottom