• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

outsida

Gah...

Please tell me, are there two cores in The Warren? If so, where is the other one you don't get from the boss?

I'm missing one in The Core Foundry and The Warren like most people I've seen post about them. I assumed they weren't accessible.

And correction I just booted the game back up to check I have 76 cores and will have 80 after I do the last 2 dungeons.

Finished the one in the starting area after I did Obsidian and Mack looks rather beastly with the stuff you get from there.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
You had a completely different take on that end game...

I think I was just hoping E Tower would be like Pylon 512, Core Foundry and The Warren (which were all a fun mix of action and platforming), but bigger. Instead it feels to me like the worst, most frustrating dungeon yet...and it's the endgame!

And I think the combat sections are terrible as they are actively working against what the game has taught me about fighting, which is; always be on the move. All the way up to now, I've been jumping and dashing all over the place while fighting, so the enemy bots can't pin me down with any of their debilitating effects. I can't do that on a tiny platform that I keep falling off!

I've still enjoyed the game, for the most part, and I'll finish it up. I'm just a bit disappointed with it right now and that's a shame because there's so much to like about it.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
...there's so much to like about it.

Just did the Warren. Maaaan this game has some cool shit in it.

Exactly!

The Warren is just the right mix of action and platforming with some environmental puzzle-solving and cool boss fights sprinkled on top. It's great fun, as are all the main story (and most of the optional) dungeons, and exploring the open-world maps.

This might be a dumb question, but it's regarding collectibles. What is the item that resembles the "save" icon that you collect? I have quite a bit of them but I have no idea what it is for. Anyone know? I think it might be something called RNG. Not really sure because it looks like that when you are checking out the stats of your corebot.

PaulloDEC

Just took a look at my time played expecting to see around four hours; I've actually played over 8 hours. I'm still having a great time, too.

This might be a dumb question, but it's regarding collectibles. What is the item that resembles the "save" icon that you collect? I have quite a bit of them but I have no idea what it is for. Anyone know? I think it might be something called RNG. Not really sure because it looks like that when you are checking out the stats of your corebot.

E-Turner maybe? I think it's a currency used in crafting upgrades for your bots, but I could be wrong there.

EDIT: I think I am. I've seen the RNG stats but I've never been clear on how they work.

RNG is the chance for Corebot Lethals to inflict their affinity damage bonus: fire for red, electricity for blue, not sure for yellow!

The weird cubes are the currency for tuning corebots up. Seems a bit redundant, but heyho.

I actually love this game, problems and all.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I actually love this game, problems and all.

That's understandable. There's a lot to love.

I think everything about the Corebots is endearing, right down to their idle animations and the way they get excited and show off as you upgrade them with new frame sections. And they're all useful in their own ways, both in combat and when exploring. I kind of wish the game was a more linear, story-driven adventure with Joule and her bots.

Ricker

What a mess this game is turning out to be...get me out of this stupid Core Foundry area pleeeease...I made my way out and got to a Boss,I died at the same time as the Boss but it decided to count me as dead...after suffering the awful,awful,awful load times on the X1,did I say they are awful...I respawned inside the fucking Foundry just before a fight in an small enclosed room where you have to beat the ennemies for the door to open,I hate the dash to extinguish fire and the waggle to escape and mash A for I dont even know what for...and now I keep dying there of course,they could of restarted me at the Boss fight...very frustrating games in some area's.

derFeef

That's one huge box, lol. More pics later.

Cszw9zCWYAA6ILu.jpg:large

PooBone

I'm to the point now where I've just acquired Duncan, I have 21 of the cores collected. There's a lot of problems with this game but the art, story, and personality of the robots is keeping me into it. I also adore this game structure. It's like a 3D Zelda or Beyond Good and Evil.

Here's hoping its high qualities don't drop off as it gets later in the game. I hear the end basically sneaks up and smacks you in the face. We shall see.

Ricker

Oh and thanks for a difficulty setting Asobo or what ever the name is...decided to head back to the crawler since you cant really at first once you get Seth to level up Mack at least and try and use the fast travel back to the Core Foundry and yep,you have to redo most of the fights to head back to the Boss,like that annoying floor on fire that moves...so yeah,I like Joule and the corebots and some stuff in this game but the loading and the difficulty spike are ruining this game for me...oh well,glad I rented.

Zedox

So how do I get the Windows 10 version if I have the Xbox One version?

Did you buy it digitally?
-If so, go to your Windows 10 computer (that has the Anniversary Edition, type winver after hitting windows key and make sure it is version 1607).
-Sign into the Windows Store (it should be the same login as your xbox account) if you aren't logged in already.
-Search for "ReCore"
-Hit Install
-Select what drive (if multiple) to install to.
-Click play.

Icon can be found in Start Menu or through the Xbox app.

Oh and thanks for a difficulty setting Asobo or what ever the name is...decided to head back to the crawler since you cant really at first once you get Seth to level up Mack at least and try and use the fast travel back to the Core Foundry and yep,you have to redo most of the fights to head back to the Boss,like that annoying floor on fire that moves...so yeah,I like Joule and the corebots and some stuff in this game but the loading and the difficulty spike are ruining this game for me...oh well,glad I rented.

Are you levelled enough? Mainlining story missions is a doomed path.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
wtf man, game crashed again :( Last time I played I quit because I had a crash, now minutes into a new session it happens again. Going to try this dungeon one more time, then see if it happens in the overworld as well.

Ricker

Are you levelled enough? Mainlining story missions is a doomed path.

This might be part of my problem...I havent roamed much,Joule is level 14 I think(well her rifle)and Mack is 11 and I just got Seth...5 hours played it says,feels like more to me and just met the other guy...maybe I will get out of the Foundry and just grind a bit...I mean I am dying in there to stuff I cleared already and it might make the Bolt Cutter fight a little easier...almost had him on my first try.

Zedox

I recommend to everyone that after you get the FL1-R through the story to just start doing all the other dungeons (that's literally what I did) and forget the story. Enjoy the dungeons and start exploring. Get those cores up to 45...and then (if you choose) go and finish the story.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Went back in to finish up the last 3 levels of the E Tower. Got through floors 3 and 4. Ok, I don't much like it but never mind, let's just get it done and see what happens when I reach the top. I go to open the door to floor 5, the last level, here we go...you need to be level 28 and I'm only 26...

Right.

I mean, there's 2 dungeons I haven't done. 2. Pit of Oblivion, because I never found all the power cells to open it, and Tyrant's Forge, because you need 75 cores and haha nope.

Sooo, guess I'll just go fight high level enemies in the Shifting Sands till I'm a high enough level that I'm allowed to finish the very last level of the story...

eshwaaz

I recommend to everyone that after you get the FL1-R through the story to just start doing all the other dungeons (that's literally what I did) and forget the story. Enjoy the dungeons and start exploring. Get those cores up to 45...and then (if you choose) go and finish the story.
In order to get to 45 cores, do you need to do a "perfect run" of the challenge dungeons (all objectives complete in one go)? Those are stressful enough just trying to beat the timer without also worrying about the switches and keys.

Zedox

In order to get to 45 cores, do you need to do a "perfect run" of the challenge dungeons (all objectives complete in one go)? Those are stressful enough just trying to beat the timer without also worrying about the switches and keys.

I only needed to beat 3 of them to get to 45 I believe and I believe two were fighting ones. They weren't that hard. The arena ones weren't hard as I kept leveling up my bots while I was exploring and fighting when I got the chance.

Also, seeing as you need to be lvl 28 to get passed the last level of the Eden Tower, powering up seems like a good idea.

Went back in to finish up the last 3 levels of the E Tower. Got through floors 3 and 4. Ok, I don't much like it but never mind, let's just get it done and see what happens when I reach the top. I go to open the door to floor 5, the last level, here we go...you need to be level 28 and I'm only 26...

Right.

I mean, there's 2 dungeons I haven't done. 2. Pit of Oblivion, because I never found all the power cells to open it, and Tyrant's Forge, because you need 75 cores and haha nope.

Sooo, guess I'll just go fight high level enemies in the Shifting Sands till I'm a high enough level that I'm allowed to finish the very last level of the story...

Can you enter irrespective of level? I know cores gate you, but do the levels actually prevent you from going in?

I'm 26 without doing 4 dungeons or so.

As for '45 cores', I have 53 and haven't perfected most of the dungeons - traversal and platforming, anyway. There are loads of cores just out in the world. Explore.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Oh you need 45 to beat the game huh... I guess I'll have to start tracking down bots in the sand, I have a few dungeons closed off there. But even then I still won't make it to 45. There have to be ones not marked on the map, I found most of those. Feels like there are way too many cores left for the places I have access to.

There are loads of cores just out in the world. Explore.

I guess so then. Even unmarked ones right?

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Can you enter irrespective of level? I know cores gate you, but do the levels actually prevent you from going in?

I'm 26 without doing 4 dungeons or so.

As for '45 cores', I have 53 and haven't perfected most of the dungeons - traversal and platforming, anyway. There are loads of cores just out in the world. Explore.

I don't actually know, I just saw the red 28 and turned away. It never occurred to me, it's the first time I've been too low a level. Cores have never been a problem, I have 50-odd myself.

I don't actually know, I just saw the red 28 and turned away. It never occurred to me, it's the first time I've been too low a level. Cores have never been a problem, I have 50-odd myself.

Aye, and I can see why you would turn away. I suspect you can go in despite not being of level, but I've not tried it myself. Another needlessly unclear thing about the game :D I've beaten level 30 enemies at level 25 or so, so I suspect you'd have a chance if able to go in.

I guess so then. Even unarmed ones right?

Do you mean unmarked? I've found a fair few cores that are unmarked on the map (not sure why some are marked, others aren't). Also, arena dungeons are, in my experience, an easy 2/3 cores a pop.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Do you mean unmarked? I've found a fair few cores that are unmarked on the map (not sure why some are marked, others aren't). Also, arena dungeons are, in my experience, an easy 2/3 cores a pop.

Yeah unmarked, too tired to type. 10 extra cores seems like a lot, but I'll explore the huge desert some more.

MM4nson

Neo Member
Bought the game on EU day one on Windows Store, but I think it's broken. More on spoiler.

I need to find the pieces for Kai's legs. Well, after found the pieces, they has disappeared, as well the mark of the quest. Anyone can help me?

Apart from the bug, I like the game. Great job, Inafune.

Ricker

Bought the game on EU day one on Windows Store, but I think it's broken. More on spoiler.

I need to find the pieces for Kai's legs. Well, after found the pieces, they has disappeared, as well the mark of the quest. Anyone can help me?

Apart from the bug, I like the game. Great job, Inafune.

The game does that A lot...if you see the save sign and quit the game,you might come back like 10 minutes earlier and no more quest marker,you just have to remember where it was,did that to me twice...also some of the fast travel spots dont work sometimes...there is one right before a Boss that it would be great if it activated...if you leave,you have to redo all the dungeon to reach the Boss...bad design in my book...lots of people on my friend list seem to have stop playing at that Boss.

Why is it the more I play this game the less I understand its overall score? I don't think my opinion has ever differed by this much to critics. Surely I'm missing something here

Drain You

Sorry if this has been asked in this thread before, but has anyone tried to run it on a Surface Pro 3? I've got a good gaming rig at home and and Xbox One, but since I am away from both I've really wanted to give this a try. I don't are if I have to lower the res, and graphics settings, I just wanna try it out.

Grisby

Urg, Christ. One
floor
to go and I need to be lvl 28. I've done almost all of the side dungeons )two left that I haven't been in) and just messed around killing stuff and I've still had to grind at the endgame here.

Shouldn't really have to do this.

A week after launch and it seems like a lot of you are still enjoying the game. So, I went ahead and ordered a copy from Amazon. Looking forward to playing it soon.

ChrisDM

Apologies if this was asked in the thread already in a way that was worded differently than what I searched the thread for.

If I buy ReCore from the Windows 10 Store, does that also get me a copy on Xbox One as well? I wasn't sure if we were only able to buy the Xbox One version digitally and then you'd get a bonus PC copy. I know this question is pretty trivial lol.

Noobcraft

Apologies if this was asked in the thread already in a way that was worded differently than what I searched the thread for.

If I buy ReCore from the Windows 10 Store, does that also get me a copy on Xbox One as well? I wasn't sure if we were only able to buy the Xbox One version digitally and then you'd get a bonus PC copy. I know this question is pretty trivial lol.
Yes. Make sure you purchase it on the account you plan to use on both platforms. The license is tied to the account.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member

You can, I did it several times. Wasn't too hard either, was a good way to level up with some challenging yet very fun combat.

PaulloDEC

9 hours and 18 Prismatic Cores, and I find myself at the base of
The Tower.

I think I might just dick and around and do some dungeons before I press on, though. Gotta have more of those shiny, shiny Prismatics.

I feel like this is such a launchpad game. There's an absolute ton of stuff in here I love, but I can totally see why people have issues. There's a whole lot of little flaws that a sequel could squash while building on the already solid foundation.

Neat

Neo Member
I think I found a bug in the Xbox game save sync for Windows.

I had to revert my PC to restore point from a few days ago. When I started ReCore, rather than checking Xbox Live for the latest game save data, it loaded up with local game save data from that restore point. The progress I made in the past few days was gone.

I immediately quit the game on PC and loaded up ReCore on my Xbox. The Xbox version launched with the proper (most recent) save data. I played a little and reached a autosave point, which I assumed would write to Xbox Live as the latest save.

I did not want to risk lost progress by troubleshooting further, so I uninstalled ReCore from my PC and rebooted. Once I reinstalled and started the game, everything was fine.

I do not know what would happen if I continued playing ReCore on Windows and reached an autosave point. Would that overwrite the Xbox Live save, and thus my progress permanently lost?

Top Bottom