• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fluidity: New Nintendo (developed?) Wii Ware game announced, playable at PAX

No screenshots just yet, but details can be read below. Seems to be a physics based puzzle game.

Nintendo’s Fluidity combines an amazing physics engine that realistically models flowing water with innovative puzzle game play. Using the three forms of water – liquid, ice and cloud – players will solve challenging puzzles across multiple chapters of an illustrated magical book called Aquaticus. The game offers detailed tutorials that introduce basic game mechanics, but the complexity quickly ramps up as special powers are acquired and enemies are introduced, testing players’ reflexes and ingenuity

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2010/08/nintendo_lays_out_pax_showing

From the way the PR is worded, it sounds like it's being developed internally. Still no confirmation though.

Either way, sounds interesting! :D

farnham said:
artstyle ?

and where is pokemon mystery dungeon wiiware damnit!

Nab, it's not an Art Style game. Oh and yes, I really want the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games!

At least this means that Nintendo didn't unveil all of their major Wii Ware games on that US release list, meaning that there's a chance that it might still come out this year! :D

I'm so glad I hardly ever replay most games or I would probably feel the same as Spotless does. Once I've completed one, I'm done with it 95% of the time and will never go back to it again. It's understandable though.

Zomba13

Page won't load for me.
Is this the Miyamoto game? You know because he said he'd got into swimming recently and he always seems to base his next game on what he's interested in at the moment (Pikmin and gardening, Nintendogs and having a dog)

9zpBAG9IyL1p8ogMKJwTts1Lg9jbQ3L9.jpg

News soon right?

Video + screens are up on nintendo's press site!

Edit: New Kirby vid too

Mockingbird said:
9zpBAG9IyL1p8ogMKJwTts1Lg9jbQ3L9.jpg

News soon right?

Video + screens are up on nintendo's press site!

Edit: New Kirby vid too

Any PR info? I can't log in myself.

Do we know who is developing this? (the art style doesn't exactly scream Nintendo made IMO)

Looks fun though! I was actually expecting it to be more like a puzzle game but it's actually more like a platformer!

Nuclear Muffin said:
Any PR info? I can't log in myself.

Do we know who is developing this? (the art style doesn't exactly scream Nintendo made IMO)

Looks fun though! I was actually expecting it to be more like a puzzle game but it's actually more like a platformer!

Nope, but here's the info from the site:

Fluidity
Format: WiiWare™
Launch Date: TBD
ESRB: TBD
Nintendo Points: TBD
Publisher: Nintendo

Nintendo's Fluidity combines an amazing physics engine that realistically models flowing water with innovative puzzle game play. Using the three forms of water - liquid, ice and cloud - players will solve challenging puzzles across multiple chapters of an illustrated magical book called Aquaticus. The game offers detailed tutorials that introduce basic game mechanics, but the complexity quickly ramps up as special powers are acquired and enemies are introduced, testing players' reflexes and ingenuity.

username: guest
pass: nintendo

if you want to log in.

Effect

Spotless Mind said:
I refuse to buy downloadable games on Wii, because of its lack of a unified account for all your purchases.

Understandable. I rarely buy WiiWare or even VC games due to this. I don't think I've bought a VC to be honest. Until I see something that shows me I can migrate my purchases over to a new system or that due to being linked to my Club Nintendo account (which you link use to register your Nintendo systems and games) I can redownload them if I buy a new system I reluctant to buy things. My WiiWare purchases include My Life as King, My Aquarium, and My Life as Dark Lord demo. I want to buy more but I don't want to lose them if my system dies or they come out with a new system on the next console.

Wrestlemania said:
It's being developed by Curve Studios.

As soon as I saw the art style in the video, I knew it wasn't internally developed. ( do you have a source by any chance? I couldn't find anything on the press site!)

Still interested in the game though!

Camwi

2Dcube said:
First thing I thought of was The Incredible Machine... doesn't look like Loco Roco to me.

It doesn't necessarily look like LocoRoco, it's just that the "tilt the screen" controls are reminiscent of LocoRoco.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wrestlemania said:
It's being developed by Curve Studios.
Yeah, the moment I saw the trailer I thought to my-self it's definitely not developed by Nintendo.

Top Bottom