• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buzzfeed: Utah Rep Jason Chaffetz will not seek reelection in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumley

Banned
This whole thing is really suspicious. Ryan didn't ask Nunes to recuse himself. And Trump stumped for him (Ryan) in Wisconsin. It all reeks.

If Trump gets brought down by the Russia investigation, the Democrats will easily be in power for the next 8 years.

If Paul Ryan gets brought down by it, the Republican party is dead.

Milabrega

What if he's just announcing this now to undercut the fundraising by both his Dem party challenger as well as his primary challenger then later pulls a Rubio and runs for re-election anyway?

Always a chance he gets ensnared in Russia-gate with his MLM PR spokesman history and their apparent connection to Russia.

mo60

FUCKING LOL. A lot of things can and will probably happen with Trump in power, and I don't think even you believe this.

Sometimes I feel bad for Ryan. Bet he regrets accepting being Speaker.

Ryan's district is less safe then Chaffetz currently. Ryan's district has a shot to turn blue if the republicans have a really really bad 2018 midterm election.

massoluk

Banned
Ryan's district is less safe then Chaffetz currently. Ryan's district has a shot to turn blue if the republicans have a really really bad 2018 midterm election.
Good, that man is as such a fraud
Chaffetz and Mitch were hypocrite​s, Ryan was just a fake.

Strike

Good. Fuck him. I hope he stays gone and I hope each and every politician that decided to hitch a ride on the Trump train have their careers ruined as well.

Looks like he may not stick around for long.

gx81xvy.png

That seems suspicious as fuck. Did someone tip him off he may be indicted, I wonder? If so, then you know Trump had someone tell him the same if he will be indicted. I still feel thats why Trump decided to start playing nice and do all those flip flops.

Ravager61

So legit question here. If indictments are truly pending and he knows it, what does stepping down before they drop actually do for him? Doesn't really save any face for the GOP or him right? If nothing ends up happening, stepping down just adds to the smoke. Just trying to understand why he would step down.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Oh man, if Chaffetz is dragged into this Trump scandal and gets brought down with him... I'll settle for Chaffetz's resignation but man... that would be the only way to top this wonderful news. Dude is a shit stain.

cameron

Oh Boy!

All of this does feel like wishful thinking, but I would so love it if Chaffetz got fucked really hard for life in some way.

Come on guys, there's nothing strange going on here. Everyone knows he's just retiring from the house so he has more time for his hobbies
attempting to prosecute hillary clinton.

I don't have confidence in Louise Mensch but I have even less confidence in Chaffetz having managed to keep his nose clean re: #trumprussia cover ups.

Holy shit. God I hope shes credible enough.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/04/16/carter-page-went-to-moscow-with-a-tape-of-donald-trump-offering-treason-for-hacking/

Sources with links to the intelligence community say it is believed that Carter Page went to Moscow in early July carrying with him a pre-recorded tape of Donald Trump offering to change American policy if he were to be elected, to make it more favorable to Putin. In exchange, Page was authorized directly by Trump to request the help of the Russian government in hacking the election.

Chumley

Banned
too good to be true....but if it is...damn. Trump's head is going to be put on pike on the white house lawn.

It's completely within the realm of possibility after what we've seen in the last 2 years. You have to remember that Trump has seen himself as untouchable his entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom