• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle key art leaked [Up2: 5 more slides, lots of info leak]

Neiteio

I agree, many people need long periods of time to adapt to anything new strangely.

Anyhow, looks awesome to me. Wonder how it'll play and I'm glad it's co op. 💪
Yeah. I think it might've been distracting if first revealed at E3. Instead, people can throw their fits now and then say, "Hmm, that actually looks pretty good" upon seeing the actual trailer at E3.

L Thammy

I don't know if it's sleep deprivation but I'm at the point where I can't tell whether I like this or not anymore. It's taking over my mind; all I can do is accept it.

mclem

Yoshi with a bazooka.

Huh.

VDkZgnq.png

yurinka

I thought i would be open to anything but really...

..... The humor is so cringy i can't stand it.
CONSERVATIVE UNIVERSE ? NOT ANYMORE
SHUTTLE SHELVES ? WE CAN DO BETTER
A BADASS PRINCESS

It seems so forced, urgh...
I don't even understand some (THE EXPLOSIVE HEAD for Yoshi ?... Why ?)
It's an internal document, and clearly written by a non-native English speaker.
It's Ubisoft. When was the last time they revealed an Assassin's Creed game without the public already knowing about it?
AC3 or IV maybe?

Yeah. I think it might've been distracting if first revealed at E3. Instead, people can throw their fits now and then say, "Hmm, that actually looks pretty good" upon seeing the actual trailer at E3.

Yep. I'm glad this leaked now. Let them get the vitriol out of there system and this will make Nintendo's E3 better.

wanders

I'm actually indifferent to the Rabbids. They only feel "cheap" to me in the sense that they haven't appeared in any notable games.

But I'm open to the possibility that, in the right context, they might shine as characters.

I find them extremely off-putting. There's nothing charming about them. I have doubts that they will be more than annoying yelling shit characters.

Other than that I'm excited to learn more.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I just have 2 points to make about this particular pic:

1) Some Mario games, especially the RPG spin-offs (e.g. Paper Mario, Superstar) have always had "humor and self-mockery" by the truckload. It might not be crude humor full of fart/sex jokes, but it's there.

2) Broader point: over the years, I've noticed Ubisoft France's communication style has this notably try-hard quality to it. Anyone remember back in 2006 when this French dude demoed Red Steel at Nintendo's E3 conference? He talked about being able to hold your guns on the side "gangsta-style", which everyone made fun of. It made me cringe, and this slide above is yet another example of Ubisoft trying to look and sound cool. Like that kid in high school who's either really lame or lacks self-confidence but will use crude language to fit in with the actually cool kids. As a Frenchman myself, I feel this is a distinctly French thing to do whenever we're dealing with big worldwide projects, like we're trying to be hip and with it.

tl;dr: the people at Ubisoft France have always sounded like young awkward teenage boys to me. Anyone else feel that way? And if you're French like me, do you think that's a typically French thing to do, or is just Ubisoft being Ubisoft?

Honestly, in spite of the whole Rabbids garbage, this seems like a pretty neat concept. I'd love to see more of it. I'm also relieved that this isn't developed by Retro and that Nintendo actually footed the bill for one of Ubisoft's own studios.

Doorman

It shows you their thought process behind the game. They want to deconstruct Mario, which concerns me. If they deconstruct it too much they might strip it of its Nintendo Magic.

It feels very much like an Ubisoft game and very little like a Nintendo game.

I agree with basically all of this. Mario as a universe has already been demonstrated to be pretty malleable in the past RPGs in ways that I definitely wouldn't describe as "conservative." Self-mocking has been a part of the series since the beginning so even internally Ubisoft acting like this is some new big deal concerns me with what they plan on actually doing. Part of me's also admittedly a little salty because I recall a previous interview with AlphaDream's producers where they admitted to wanting to come up with some really bizarre ideas for the Mario & Luigi games that Nintendo vetoed for going too far with the Mario world...but they're okay with adding damned rabbids to it? That's maddening.

Also, four worlds really doesn't seem like much. I hope those worlds have a lot of variety between them.

This just looks horrendous

ugh

Really hope this flops and we get actual worthwhile games. At the very least their plans to "surprise" people are ruined so I can be comforted by the fact that the people behind this travesty are furious/miserable right now.

Why does this feel like that time Nintendo showed that they were thinking about putting Link on a motorcycle?

They're trying so hard to be relevant here and it's all so stupid.

This is a Ubisoft game... This is all Ubisoft internal materials...

Mario x Rabbids
Zelda x Assassin's Creed
Metroid x Watchdogs
Donkey Kong x Far Cry

Now the secret June announcement is Nintendo bought Ubisoft to stave off Vivendi!

Guardians

Banned

ugh

Really hope this flops and we get actual worthwhile games. At the very least their plans to "surprise" people are ruined so I can be comforted by the fact that the people behind this travesty are furious/miserable right now.

What? Really? Game Over!

Zedark

ugh

L.O.L.

opricnik

Banned

ugh

kekus maximus

I never really doubted that this game was real, but actually seeing it I'm still in shock that it exists LOL. That being said despite how down people are on this game I'm actually pretty interested in it. I'll be attending E3 this year as a consumer and I'm very much looking forward to trying it out for myself

Top Bottom