• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
VLC is the best. Everything else sucks.

Top of the page. Where this correct and factual statement belongs.

Guess Who

Banned
me in 2007: vlc sucks. please install this pack of a dozen codecs and pirate this one proprietary one that is the only way to play 720p video on your computer without dropping frames

me in 2017: just download vlc

As this is my first exposure to Destiny 2 as somebody who hasn't played Destiny since the beta, it look the same as what I remember. But it's on PC now so I might end up playing it.

daveo42

Banned
Had no clue about VLC sucking at 4K. I really don't have any 4K content anyway. Even free video demos are massive at 4k60.

But my Animes aren't colour accurate to original broadcast.

Most modern anime sucks anyway.

me in 2007: vlc sucks. please install this pack of a dozen codecs and pirate this one proprietary one that is the only way to play 720p video on your computer without dropping frames

me in 2017: just download vlc

I still have that codec pack download on my PC along with Media Player Classic to play old .ogg files.

Gobias

Banned
The only Black Mirror episode I saw was the Christmas one. I thought it was kind of lame and the twist was pretty obvious

ryseing

Watching some old Rabbids QLs, I dunno. I think the whole idea of Rabbids as irredeemable assholes is actually interesting unlike something like the Minions. The RPG could be kinda fun. I like the design of the Rabbid dressed as Yoshi.

I love Black Mirror season 1 but by the end of Season 3 I soured on it super hard in a way I did not expect

But San Junipero is the best episode the show has ever done.

(I thought S3 was somewhat weak with the exception of SJ and bits of Shut Up and Dance).

The only Black Mirror episode I saw was the Christmas one. I thought it was kind of lame and the twist was pretty obvious

The bit with Jon Hamm teaching that guy how to pick up women was brilliant.

The idea of Mario being some sacred thing is kind of hilarious to me. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Rabbids crossover thing winds up being. I can't think of any compelling reason to assume it won't be fun.

Worst case, there's no way it's bad as Mario Party.

pfft, mpc-hc 4 lyfe

ryseing

The idea of Mario being some sacred thing is kind of hilarious to me. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Rabbids crossover thing winds up being. I can't think of any compelling reason to assume it won't be fun.

I lost it at that one rant in the leak thread.

Y'all, Mario is ultimately a series aimed primarily at children. Having Mario cross over with another mostly* exclusive IP made for children is a good idea. If it plays like XCOM even better.

LeroyOctopus

Neo Member

I'm surprised at all the people hung up on Mario characters with laser guns since they've been doing since Smash Bros Melee.

So I beat The Surge tonight

I have no idea what the fuck the ending meant, so I'm about to research that but yeah, beat my first "Souls" game. The final area was some cheap bullshit but I prevailed. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot. It's currently #2 GOTY. Yakuza 0's humor and story are miles ahead of The Surge and thus still hold the crown.

#1: Yakuza 0
#2: The Surge
#3: Yooka Laylee
#4: Ghost Recon: Wildlands
#5: Late Shift (lol)

Let the disgust that I haven't played Horizon, Prey, or Zelda: BoTW flow through you.

BLACK SHEEP

Diancecht

I love YouTube comments so much:

destinyyiyuc.jpg

Over the years i thought VLC was ok and not enough to replace my current player but then its conversion feature saved a presentation i had so i'll give it some more respect.

Still wont replace MPC for me :D

The way SE has somehow turned FFXV into a games as service type game is reallllll fucking weird.

I guess the Japanese arm did learn something from Hitman after all :trollface

oti

Banned
The way SE has somehow turned FFXV into a games as service type game is reallllll fucking weird.

I bet Japan would love to make a big successful service game for consoles. But their strengths lie in Singleplayer games. Singleplayer service games are a weird concept.

Hasney

Yeah, I'll buy Destiny 2 if they keep the quality of that strike Jeff was showing. It's like a shitty popcorn movie. The highs are great but everything else is a drag.

hamchan

Jeff showing off the menus and queue in Destiny 2 that looks exactly the same as Destiny 1 and Brad sounds like the most excited he's ever been for a game because the ships are a bit different.

Hasney

Jeff showing off the menus and queue in Destiny 2 that looks exactly the same as Destiny 1 and Brad sounds like the most excited he's ever been for a game because the ships are a bit different.

If you love a game, that happens. When I play Fire Pro World, all the menus could look like the PS2 version. Then I'll see a reanimated samoan drop and it'll be OH SHIT. GOAT.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Destiny 2 seems like a shooter to me.
Also that robot's voice is really annoying.

We already got hippy revolver jesus in the blue one.

I'm kinda blanking on an emotion for green.

Disgust
Everybody hates the protagonist in P6 but he is the only one who can save the world so they have to help him anyway.

Hindl

They need to pick a new primary colour for the next one though.

If blue is sad, yellow is happy and red is angry, what will green be?

Getting high?
Mellowness? I dunno. Maybe a nature focus

Destiny 2 seems like a shooter to me.
Also that robot's voice is really annoying.

Disgust
Everybody hates the protagonist in P6 but he is the only one who can save the world so they have to help him anyway.
That's persona 5

LiK

I'm behind on podcasts. Listening to last week's Bombcast and I love the way Ben says "Special massage" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom