• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony on Japanese console games: "Well have some big announcements at E3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably something big from Capcom. At any rate it'll be something that Sony deems worthy of using E3 to debut and generate excitement and headlines for, so...Monster Hunter reboot?

DJIzana

Gimme that western announcement! :D

That and DQXI!

Blindy

Knack 2 and Ni No Kuni 2 release dates would count as big announcements at E3 for Japan.

Not shooting too high here but by all means :D

Probably a Shenmue remaster of the 1st 2 games at Sony's conference if you want to go big.

Akiller

Fans' expectations:" Oh boy they are gonna announce a [insert niche or dead japanese ip] game!"

Reality: more RE and FF stuff

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm guessing DMC5. Which is pretty exciting. Hope to be surprised by more.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DMC5

Yep, it's time for the real Dante to return to the spotlight.

giphy.gif

PantsuJo

RE2 Remake first video

RE3 Remake announcement

Onimusha Remake announcement

Ridge Racer 8 announcement

Virtua Fighter 6

I need these in my life.

RSchmitz

Sounds like something third party.
I want a new Wild Arms, but I guess I´ll have to hope for the mobile game to be very succesful for that to have a chance of happening.

Mesoian

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, I'm sure will be there.

I mean sure. Maybe even an official trailer to SF5 story mode season 2 and CFN2.0.

But I highly doubt we're going to get any other big unseen announcements. Most of that stuff seems so far out, even if we did get an announcement, i'd probably be an FF7r type deal, announced far far FAR before production is even staffed.

Fans' expectations:" Oh boy they are gonna announce a [insert niche or dead japanese ip] game!"

Reality: more RE and FF stuff
If that were the case, it wouldn't be "coming back" since RE and FF is bread and butter. The language seems to imply a dormant/niche IP or even a new IP from a storied developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom