• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony on Japanese console games: "Well have some big announcements at E3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

More seriously, Squeenix seems to be going full force on the "mid-budget sequels to dormant B-list IPs" train, so an announcement of another one of those is a very real possibility.

It's time
The-World-Ends-With-You-2-character.jpg

I think TWEWY counts as B-list. And frankly I don't care if they some how put it on PS4 with totally re-imagined gameplay, I just want a goddamn sequel.

Memento

From Software's new game and Demon's Souls 2 + Devil May Cry 5 and Deep Down Reborn + VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3

MoonFrog

Well, I bought a PS4 for the recent spate of Japanese games and while I have enough games for it to justify my purchase already, it'd be nice to have more down the road.

FluxWaveZ

It's time
The-World-Ends-With-You-2-character.jpg

I think TWEWY counts as B-list. And frankly I don't care if they some how put it on PS4 with totally re-imagined gameplay, I just want a goddamn sequel.

First, we get the console remake of The World Ends With You to reinvigorate the series and for it to get more attention than it did previously. Then, the sequel.

DNAbro

First, we get the console remake of The World Ends With You to reinvigorate the series and for it to get more attention than it did previously. Then, the sequel.

Can't wait for the new teaser picture that comes out of the remake and then nothing again for 5 years.

And my hype just went up another level.

Yep. Gimme more of those big console Japanese games. Would be fantastic to see just a couple more get revealed on their E3 stage for full hype no less.

That quote sounds fantastic and optimistic that there's plenty more on the way.
Bring it Layden.

You all are being way too optimistic. This is E3.

I will be happy if we get some updates from some big name companies.

I will be ecstatic if we actually get a Bloodborne 2 announcement and see something more than a teaser for FF7-R

Ravage

I would love a new Grandia, just saying...

I know there's no chance of that happening but let me dream.

Rymuth

What is this? I thought Granblue was a mobile gatcha game.
Cygames have been making more money than they know what to do with. They've commissioned multiple really high production animes based on their IP and now hired Platinum to make an exclusive game for Ps4.

Roboculus

Didn't Itsuno said his game is going to be announced this year. Maybe he is overseeing the Western developed Monster Hunter since it's going to be more action focused.

I could believe this.

If Itsuno can't convince Capcom to fund a Dragon's Dogma 2, maybe this is his way of making another game like it.

Calm Mind

This gif should be a cautionary tale to anyone expecting anything from Capcom. They could barely afford making RE7 or get SFV up to snuff but yet by some blessed miracle, they're capable (financially) on making a AAA Monster Hunter? Excuse me if I don't laugh in the face of anyone entertaining such a belief.

youre_serious_futurama.gif

Sephzilla

This gif should be a cautionary tale to anyone expecting anything from Capcom. They could barely afford making RE7 or get SFV up to snuff but yet by some blessed miracle, they're capable (financially) on making a AAA Monster Hunter? Excuse me if I don't laugh in the face of anyone entertaining such a belief.

They really are paying for all of the mistakes they made in the PS360 generation

Instro

I'd be curious to see if some traditionally handheld only series/developers move more towards Switch+PS4 rather than Switch only(and vice versa). With the devices being in the same realm of relative power, and similar development environments, it would probably make sense.

If its actually a PS4 Monster Hunter, then this E3 will be legendary. Its the last major third party Japanese game missing on the PS4 and it being back in a next gen outfit (oh boy if its exclusive) will definitely be an outstanding announcement.

Calm Mind

If its actually a PS4 Monster Hunter, then this E3 will be legendary. Its the last major third party Japanese game missing on the PS4 and it being back in a next gen outfit (oh boy if its exclusive) will definitely be an outstanding announcement.

^pfft.

I am going to enjoy rubbing this in your face for perpetuity when it does not happen.

MoonFrog

I'd be curious to see if some traditionally handheld only series/developers move more towards Switch+PS4 rather than Switch only(and vice versa). With the devices being in the same realm of relative power, and similar development environments, it would probably make sense.
It would and I hope this is the future.

Should be very attractive and very feasible to medium budget games seeking a bigger domestic audience and inroads into the west.

So maybe not your FFXVs of the world but most Japanese games fit this bill on the PS4 side.

And on the Switch side...P5 is a modest up-port from PS3. Switch up-ports should perform just fine (I.e. Better than that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom