• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Need some help.. so I've been really busy at work the last week, but I did manage to get some good trade credit when this was going on. Are people having trouble buying the Gamestop Gift Cards in store with trade credit? I'm all set on the Amazon cash from reading the last 4 or 5 pages, just curious if I should order the Gamestop gift cards online. Being pretty busy, I don't have time to fuck around with multiple visits to gamestop (If I didn't absolutely have to), so I'd appreciate a quick update on this, and for people to share their recent experiences. Thanks!

dreamfall

Need some help.. so I've been really busy at work the last week, but I did manage to get some good trade credit when this was going on Are people having trouble buying the Gamestop Gift Cards in store with trade credit? I'm all set on the Amazon cash from reading the last 4 or 5 pages, just curious if I should order the Gamestop gift cards online. Being pretty busy, I don't have time to fuck around with multiple visits to gamestop (If I didn't absolutely have to), so I'd appreciate a quick update on this, and for people to share their recent experiences. Thanks!

When you go to a store, just tell them the amount you want on the Gift Card. Then swipe your Trade Card when it's time for payment. This works, and there shouldn't be any problem. Then, bring up the Amazon Cash bar code on your phone, tell them the amount, and then swipe the Gift cards when it comes to payment.

There is no reason why this should be so difficult, but employees seem to love to make a big deal out of it. Don't tell them how you're paying for shit, just swipe trade cards for gift cards and gift cards for Amazon cash.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
When you go to a store, just tell them the amount you want on the Gift Card. Then swipe your Trade Card when it's time for payment. This works, and there shouldn't be any problem. Then, bring up the Amazon Cash bar code on your phone, tell them the amount, and then swipe the Gift cards when it comes to payment.

There is no reason why this should be so difficult, but employees seem to love to make a big deal out of it. Don't tell them how you're paying for shit, just swipe trade cards for gift cards and gift cards for Amazon cash.

Thank you 😊

Traded in the last of my old Wii collection along with some other old games I didn't need anymore. This included:

Wii Sports
Dragon Ball Budokai Tenchachi 2
Mario Party 5
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Animal Crossing Wild World
Toy Story Mania
The Simpsons Game
Ghostbusters

Got $83 for all that which isn't too bad. Paid off Mario x Rabbids and Metroid: Samus Returns.

Just finished laundering the Gamestop credit to Amazon. It was a breeze.

Like others said, don't ask just do it. Go to Gamestop 1 and grab one of their blank gift cards. Tell the guy at the register the full amount on your trade in card and only pull out the card when its time to swipe. Do a quick clean swipe and tuck it away. Done.

Go to Gamestop 2 armed with your Amazon cash barcode printout and follow the same procedure. You will have to do multiple transactions if transferring more than $500.

OK I followed the advice the past couple of pages but was still a no-go for me.

I already have 2 GS gift cards from Monday. Picked up 2 Amazon GCs and said I wanted 2 of these at $100 each. When he rung it up, I quickly swiped my GS gift card and he said, nope that didn't go through. He said try again, but still didn't work. I said should I try my trade credit? He said go ahead, but that didn't work of course either.

The GameStop employee was very helpful and accommodating. He thought it would work and was confused as to why it wasn't. "I guess they can only be paid by real money, hmm..." Thought their computers let it go through :/ Will try again at another location this weekend.

To everyone that ordered the switch bundle with Zelda, when did you order? I placed mine at 10am on July 4th and still havent gotten a shipping notice like others have.

Megatron

OK I followed the advice the past couple of pages but was still a no-go for me.

I already have 2 GS gift cards from Monday. Picked up 2 Amazon GCs and said I wanted 2 of these at $100 each. When he rung it up, I quickly swiped my GS gift card and he said, nope that didn't go through. He said try again, but still didn't work. I said should I try my trade credit? He said go ahead, but that didn't work of course either.

The GameStop employee was very helpful and accommodating. He thought it would work and was confused as to why it wasn't. "I guess they can only be paid by real money, hmm..." Thought their computers let it go through :/ Will try again at another location this weekend.

Be very certain the cards you are swiping say gift cards and not trade credit on them, trade credit won't work, you have to buy GameStop gift cards with he trade credit first.

To everyone that ordered the switch bundle with Zelda, when did you order? I placed mine at 10am on July 4th and still havent gotten a shipping notice like others have.

I ordered July 3 in the afternoon. Current step in shipping is it has departed the original shipping facility. Has been in transit since last night.

Teggy

I totally forgot that I still had my original 3DS XL that I replaced with the "New" 3DS XL. $60 trade in would go a long way with bonuses, but it doesn't look like any of the current offers qualify.

asdad123

All my phones ended up shipping.
Just an update for everyone.

Initially only a couple of them did.

I'm still waiting on one of mine to ship (out of 6). However the first I got is getting sent back for a replacement since it was bent. Getting 3 delivered tomorrow hopefully they're in better shape.

Oublieux

I'm still waiting on one of mine to ship (out of 6). However the first I got is getting sent back for a replacement since it was bent. Getting 3 delivered tomorrow hopefully they're in better shape.

Ah, that's a bit unfortunate. Hope the others come in better shape. I ordered three myself, but they's due to arrive on Monday.

sensui-tomo

Thank you thread, got 1200 in amazon credit now (converted gamestop credit to this and after some small purchases) and bought the crew there a 37 taco bell gift card since the store was nice enough to do the amazon conversion from Trade credit card -> gamestop card end transaction, 3 separate transactions from the giftcard to the amazon cash reload and i did the crew's surveys in store so they appreciated that. Now to buy furniture for the place i'm moving into, and some other shit i probably didnt need but "fuck gamestop money" allows me to do now.

autoduelist

So I have just under $500 in credit.

I've read about Amazon cash... is that put on a card, or directly in your Amazon account?

The reason I ask is that I basically want to bank my money and save it for the inevitable PS5 so I don't need to think about where to get the money in however many years. So I don't really want it in my Amazon account if it just spends whenever I buy vitamins or whatever.

The clerk at gamestop said my credit would last forever, but... I don't want to get burned somehow.

If I understand the steps correctly, I can 1) convert my trade card into gamestop gift cards, then 2) convert gift cards into amazon cash. Is this the best strategy for my goal [banking money for years]?

Cheapest iPhone 7 on GS site is now $600. lol. wtf?

I got in on the flipping, but I totally missed out on the phone game. They were already sold out on the site by the time I decided to pull the trigger.

bodine1231

Iphone 7's are still in transit but I got my 4 ipads in today and I'm happy to say all are in perfect condition! No scratches anywhere,hope the phones are just as good!

xzmaEmrl.jpg

I just checked my power up rewards account and it looks like I got 10,000 points yesterday from buying $500 in Amazon Cash. Did anyone else get points from this? Or were those points from buying the GameStop gift card?

Iphone 7's are still in transit but I got my 4 ipads in today and I'm happy to say all are in perfect condition! No scratches anywhere,hope the phones are just as good!

xzmaEmrl.jpg

This is kind of what I’m expecting in all honesty.

Good to see though. Fingers crossed mine turn out the same.

E92 M3

I just checked my power up rewards account and it looks like I got 10,000 points yesterday from buying $500 in Amazon Cash. Did anyone else get points from this? Or were those points from buying the GameStop gift card?

Points aren't supposed to register from GC purchase, but Amazon points is a different story.

so all i want to do is put this money towards a switch. (ive got 268$) is it better for me to try to get it for amazon money or wait till gamestop has them in stock?

kirblar

so all i want to do is put this money towards a switch. (ive got 268$) is it better for me to try to get it for amazon money or wait till gamestop has them in stock?
Gamestop's been offering them in bundles primarily right now. No idea which one's actually better, Amazon hasn't had em in a while.

edit: I ordered my Zelda bundle Monday, shipped yesterday, delivering tomorrow.

GameStop seems to be in the bundle only business now, but the two recent ones (one might still be up actually) have had only stuff that you would probably buy anyway like Zelda and a pro controller. Up to you really. If you can't flip to Amazon it's not a big loss.

Fucking winning this week. Got my Switch preordered from all those trade-ins, traded in an old netbook at Best Buy and got a $75 gift card. Bought a Switch Pro Controller with it. Now I just need my preorder to ship.

Malo

Banned
I need a Switch bundle with Mario Kart and a pro controller. I already beat played and beat Breath of the Wild on Wii U.

cwistofu

Wait, is transferring store credit to Amazon as easy as

1. grab GS gift card
2. swipe PUR card
3. go to a different store and buy amazon GC with the gamestop GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom