• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

Eh, I guess I can't deny that I always come off a little scummy for not taking harder stances or posting more. However I don't see what you guys gain in lynching me. This is pretty low hanging fruit. It didn't help town any in Love Boat. It won't help us now. Scum hides in plain sight, not at the bottom of the posting list.

While I'm not in favor of lynching you, this is simply not true re: LB and also not particularly applicable since you have a completely different role and position. I get the need to defend self but this isn't the way.

Sorry, I accidentally put a sentence in Christina's quote. It should read like this.

Let me reverse that on you, what has she done that seems scummy? She's active, not only in contribution, but also discussion. I see no reason to suspect she's scum, as of right now, and I would be very much against a lynch on her. The longer she stays alive though...

nin1000

Banned
Eh, I guess I can't deny that I always come off a little scummy for not taking harder stances or posting more. However I don't see what you guys gain in lynching me. This is pretty low hanging fruit. It didn't help town any in Love Boat. It won't help us now. Scum hides in plain sight, not at the bottom of the posting list.

Who do you think would be scum then ?
Place a vote and take a stance then trigger

nin1000

Banned
I'm just really not interested in being on the receiving end of a lazy lynch on Day 1. I'm not at the bottom of list if the argument is about my contribution to the greater discussion. I'm not even sure how I'm the most scummy when Isaac basically told us he wasn't going to be here or drop a vote for the end of the day.

You are at 2 votes atm, not really in danger though. The vote could go in any other direction

LoC, any thoughts on my replies in the previous page?

Also are you the arsonist

I am not the arsonist, and I already made a response to your posts. Very middle ground stuff. If not for the Burb thing, I may have overlooked you entirely, which seems to be the point of your posts. Nothing you've done so far exonerates you, or gives me a reason to want you alive.

People I will not vote to lynch today:

LordOfCastamere*
oreomunsta
Sawneeks**
Burbeting
nin1000 (but maybe tomorrow)
StanleyPalmtree*
CornBurrito*

*stars indicate people I don't really think would be productive, not that I'm necessarily townreading them
**two stars indicates Sawneeks, who is probably scum but whom we need for now, I think

People I feel no kinda way about - possibly could be convinced:
rac
isaacnukem
Muffin1611
verelios (hmm, why do I have no impression here?)
flatearthpandas (has some posts worth watching but would rather see what develops)
Trigger? - was here but that weirdly defensive post invoking his LB2 lynch rubbed me wrong.
Christina Mackenzie

People I'd vote for:
Fireblend - this is primarily a gut read and I hate that, but Fireblend's posts to me seem calculated. Have talked about this before; will develop further in another post.
kitsunelaine - has speculated about the neutral and gone in on nin. Nothing else. Leaves so little impression despite a fair number of posts. Did not flip out when voted as in previous games. Feels very suspicious at this time, like she's filling space.

We cannot just vote for an inactive today. This is the only guaranteed day that we're going to get info. A massive waste to use it on dead weight, unless that dead weight has some grounds to be scum.

I'm completely fine with doing that tomorrow, but not today. Please.

We cannot just vote for an inactive today. This is the only guaranteed day that we're going to get info. A massive waste to use it on dead weight, unless that dead weight has some grounds to be scum.

I'm completely fine with doing that tomorrow, but not today. Please.

Well I do think there's the possibility of Arsonist/Scum being less likely to contribute.

nin1000

Banned
see also nin, who has beaten my post count but at least half of them are just air

For you it might be air
in my opinion over half of your posts are just bland and there to bloat your post count.

Guess we have to live with it.

For today I won't be voting you

Well I do think there's the possibility of Arsonist/Scum being less likely to contribute.

To a degree, but I doubt they would be lowest by default. Especially with the discussion revolving around that dead weight for a few pages, wherein a regular townie would have less self preservation due to the boring role. That's not always true, but I think it usually is.

Has hitting someone purely for low activity ever rooted out scum? Mechanic usage has, it happened in Cthulhu for example, unfortunately, but in my experience, never for low activity only. Especially with so many to blend in with, and such a low bar for post count. I'm not against dead weight kills. I completely understand the merit, you need active townies late game, or the game's lost. This just isn't the time.

Sawneeks

Banned
Ask her what's her favorite flavor of ice cream, vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry. If the answer is chocolate, lynch her.

giphy.gif

Chocolate is the only right and true answer.
Who the hell would eat strawberry if there is chocolate available.

Now if that isn't the scummiest thing I've ever seen.

I'll take your strawberry ice cream if you don't want it

Vote: Sawneeks

I was going to vote for fep, but I see what he was talking about now. Your vote for me is weird :p

but why the OMGUS tho, this actively tells me nothing.

As for your analysis, which Monkey once again beat me to with similar points, I agree with her that while it is comprehensive and does cover most scenarios the fact that you're downplaying the Neutral is rather odd. There is almost a 2 Day Phase difference when the Neutral ignites targets in the most effective way possible and that's a VERY large change in our survival.

also next time I'll preface my pressure votes with 'WARNING: THIS IS A PRESSURE VOTE' so everyone doesn't freak out again >.>

Trigger

Who do you think would be scum then ?
Place a vote and take a stance then trigger

You're right!

Vote: Stanley Palm tree

I think his vote isn't really reasoned well and his previous posts stay comfortably within popular opinion, I think. The confidence and lack of argument behind feels like someone who isn't particularly worried about being scrutinized.

While I'm not in favor of lynching you, this is simply not true re: LB and also not particularly applicable since you have a completely different role and position. I get the need to defend self but this isn't the way.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. My role was different, sure. But the actual reads of me as an individual were just about the same, and I somehow ended up more suspicious than an unlikely claim. I only bring this up because if we're going to play this game differently then maybe we should start with our logic on Day 1 votes as well.

Fireblend

Banned
I am not the arsonist, and I already made a response to your posts. Very middle ground stuff. If not for the Burb thing, I may have overlooked you entirely, which seems to be the point of your posts. Nothing you've done so far exonerates you, or gives me a reason to want you alive.

I don't think you're reading the ones I meant.

I mean, I'm town, if you guys wanna lynch me then I know this is going to drive town to suspect of Burb and that's 2 days down already, so ok but I really hope Burb is scum.

For the record I don't think LoC or anyone else voting me out right now should be looked at much because honestly there's not much to go on on for now and I get people wanting to vote for the safe option.

Sawneeks

Banned
Going by the vote Tool we're looking at:

CornBro ( 2 ) v Trigger ( 2 ) v Fireblend ( 2 )

I don't feel strongly about any of these...

except maaaaybe Fire? I'd honestly rather prefer Burb over any of these but Fire's votes are the ones that confuse me. He's done nothing so far to give me any read on him one way or another and I mean, I won't argue against his lynch, but I feel he's a strong Town player and is fairly obvious when he's Scum so I almost want to wait him out since I can't make heads-or-tails of him yet.

Votes against CornBro always seemed weird, especially FEP's, but I've got nothing on him either.

Same goes for Trigger but I can't ever really read him

bleh

nin1000

Banned

except maaaaybe Fire? I'd honestly rather prefer Burb over any of these but Fire's votes are the ones that confuse me. He's done nothing so far to give me any read on him one way or another and I mean, I won't argue against his lynch, but I feel he's a strong Town player and is fairly obvious when he's Scum so I almost want to wait him out since I can't make heads-or-tails of him yet.

Votes against CornBro always seemed weird, especially FEP's, but I've got nothing on him either.

Same goes for Trigger but I cant't ever really read him

bleh

I mean that it is still really early and the vote could go in any direction.

TBH, I wouldn't be against Burb today either. If that's a compromise to not choose a lazy inactive vote, then I'm okay with it.

On Fireblend: Not quoting every post in full to save space.

Do want to say that I would rather lynch everyday if anything because this is already a game in which we have little control and information and every bit of agency helps. I'm trying to stop myself from scum-reading people who want to take that agency away.

I'll actually look at the player list tomorrow and start writing down thoughts on people, as useless as that is on D1.
We didn't really get this. We got a vote on Stan that "felt alright" and we got some stuff on Burb that actually didn't seem truthful. See below.

I didn't intend to kill that discussion. As far as I was concerned it was already dead and I was arriving late to chime in. What would I have prevented by making a veiled thread on a discussion that already ran its course? As if regurgitating the same old topic ad nauseam was going to be the silver bullet against scum-me or my team.
The discussion was still ongoing and should be because of the game setup, which Fireblend himself tells about later re: special roles and information. This reads like still trying to kill discussion (essentially calling it repetition) while saying no, no, I'm not killing discussion.

On the topic of whether to lynch "dead weight" now or later, I know I'm in that category so this looks like self-preservation, but I think we should consider that scum has no way to communicate between themselves other than voting in-between days for the night kill, so I would expect them to lynch way more "safely" than if they had the chance to communicate. I know I would probably vote for people who haven't said much, in order to provide the least information to town in a game that already denies and delays information getting to us.

I'm having a hard time imagining town winning any other way in this game other than by lucking out with our special roles, TBH. Not that later in the game we won't need active participants who've kept up with what's happened to figure out what the information we have means and who it points to, but I feel like scum would rather go after safe people that they know have a low chance of being protected rather than someone who's driving the game forward.

Regardless, I also agree with the sentiment that this lynch is specially valuable due to being relatively free of role interference and other shenanigans, so I'd rather lynch for information rather than lynching to get dead weight off our shoulders.

I'll admit I have no idea what I'm looking for in a "valuable, informative" lynch atm though, this being day 1 at all. I feel like equating an informative lynch with lynching an active player isn't necessarily true.

I'm at a loss in this setup.

FB gets into some mechanics talk, makes some good points about scum communication but still isn't really scum hunting, just speculating on the game - all of this is stuff that would have to be explored post-first-lynch because right now, we don't know where anyone is going to land or what will happen or why. So possibly useful but... also not particularly today? Still, NAI here; we're all speculating.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

This feels alright

but why

I mean, I hope you're right because I'd be happy to be "traded" for one scum. Maybe scum-Burb saw me as an inactive he could use and decided to randomly state I had contributed to the game, which is plain false so far.

For the record, Burb implying I was contributing over other players is a good observation, by the way. I totally missed it. I'm tempted to say, sure lynch me and then Burb because there might be something there and a 1-for-1 trade might be a good idea?

I want to see what Burb has to say.
Burb has not been back and I do want to hear from him on this but this whole line of thinking between Fireblend and (LoC?) is not based on a firm foundation. Burb didn't say FB was active or contributing; Burb remarked on how Fireblend usually acts (which fb conceded below). Here's speculation: Burb hasn't really been back since fb became more active so Burb might have been working on that honor system of busy player/not posting. I wouldn't necessarily put someone like that in my inactive list either, so I may be biased toward that perspective. I'm not saying this to defend Burb, just offering my thoughts. But! Since Burb hasn't been back, I do find the push on this suspect at how it's spiraled - does this really make Burb scum? One post? Or should we be more suspicious of multiple posts from several angles trying to turn this into scumBurb?

Honestly the more I read it the more I think it was a case of him relying on how I've played in the past.

just including that one since I referenced it.

Anyway, would also be fine with a kitsunelaine vote because I do find her extraordinarily suspicious today.

Fireblend

Banned

bleh

Yo I'd rather you voted me out than said I'm an "obvious scum". I'll have you know I've won like 3 games as scum

SMH I'm not taking this shit. Hurting my pride like that wtf

I'm not scum btw

see also nin, who has beaten my post count but at least half of them are just air

Yeah, perfect example. I gave a little read on him earlier about this already, and he's the only one I really have any bad gut feeling to go on. So I'll park my vote there if nobody makes me see a better alternative.

VOTE: nin1000

LoC, any thoughts on my replies in the previous page?

Also are you the arsonist

Yo I'd rather you voted me out than said I'm an "obvious scum". I'll have you know I've won like 3 games as scum

I'm not scum btw

Fireblend is suspicious to me too. These posts are really weird to me just coming from another game with him. It's odd.

nin1000

Banned
I will take a stand and vote

VOTE: Burbeting

I don't know but the way you played early on the game just looking from the sidelines trying to throw shade thinking that it would go unnoticed, I don't know but something feels off.

I also wanted to pick someone in the middle of the Playerbase. Someone who is there but not really

As for your analysis, which Monkey once again beat me to with similar points, I agree with her that while it is comprehensive and does cover most scenarios the fact that you're downplaying the Neutral is rather odd. There is almost a 2 Day Phase difference when the Neutral ignites targets in the most effective way possible and that's a VERY large change in our survival.

I love you too. But do you think oreo may be the neutral and this is a sneaky way to hold that middle ground that's being discussed?

For the record I don't think LoC or anyone else voting me out right now should be looked at much because honestly there's not much to go on on for now and I get people wanting to vote for the safe option.

The shaaaaade of referring to everyone voting you as being safe and seeding ways for others to read it as scummy. I see you.

Trigger

I'm not super confident on voting Burn. He got the ball rolling on the dead weight topic and some mechanical discussion, but I don't know if he's done anything to set alarm bells going off.

Fireblend

Banned
I'll give you something though, this is how I've defaulted to playing today that we have no info, the setup is somewhat discouraging in the face of me being a more analytical player than someone who relies on gut reads and feels, and who is honestly busy for an active game, which gladly this is not.

If I go today at least I maybe provoked some reactions that will provide useful stuff later on. That said, still some ways off from the end of the day (right? *checks time*)

The shaaaaade of referring to everyone voting you as being safe and seeding ways for others to read it as scummy. I see you.

I'm a good player. Even in death I'll help town.

Where is Burb.

Burb has not been back and I do want to hear from him on this but this whole line of thinking between Fireblend and (LoC?) is not based on a firm foundation. Burb didn't say FB was active or contributing; Burb remarked on how Fireblend usually acts (which fb conceded below). Here's speculation: Burb hasn't really been back since fb became more active so Burb might have been working on that honor system of busy player/not posting. I wouldn't necessarily put someone like that in my inactive list either, so I may be biased toward that perspective. I'm not saying this to defend Burb, just offering my thoughts. But! Since Burb hasn't been back, I do find the push on this suspect at how it's spiraled - does this really make Burb scum? One post? Or should we be more suspicious of multiple posts from several angles trying to turn this into scumBurb?

Good points, and the reaction is a good indicator. Trying to casually shift to scumBurb when attacked. I didn't see that.

I agree though, Fireblend hasn't vibed well at all this game, and these reactions have compounded that. With the newest update, it feels really bipolar.

I'm not scum btw
+

Also, I don't really think your 3 games as scum matters much, as those were likely very different rule sets. Play style will undoubtedly change with role and rules.

Burb is reminding me of Pineapple Pizza bear without the anger that came in later so I'm hesitant there. And since I know that isn't really helpful, I'll add: To me there's little reason to vote him so far - just that one thing with Fireblend, I guess, which feels more like narrative construction than real truth. Also since Burb hasn't been back to clarify that just doesn't sit well with me.

Unless there's a development in the next hour, I'm not on that train.

Vote: Stanley Palm tree

I think his vote isn't really reasoned well and his previous posts stay comfortably within popular opinion, I think. The confidence and lack of argument behind feels like someone who isn't particularly worried about being scrutinized.

I don't disagree, but... who do you think does have a well reasoned vote at this stage? Besides your own, obviously. Because it makes me wonder why this one.

Sawneeks

Banned

I'm not scum btw

I didn't mean it like that, you're an excellent scum player!, I just feel like I've got a good gauge on your game. When you're Town you're actively pushing discussion, posting questions, getting things rolling, but when you're Scum you take a more passive and responsive tone where instead of pushing things you just answer other people's questions and that's it. I saw first-hand how you played in Pokemon Mafia, I know what you do. <3

That said, you're in the middle of those two right now and it's why I can't make any sense of your alignment atm

I love you too. But do you think oreo may be the neutral and this is a sneaky way to hold that middle ground that's being discussed?

Maaaaybe?? I honestly don't know, it's possible but that seems rather blatant to do. I mean I don't feel confident about him even after those big posts; posting a hypothetical scenario list is easy to do as any alignment and doesn't say much, same with the OMGUS vote...

Fireblend

Banned
Also, I don't really think your 3 games as scum matters much, as those were likely very different rule sets. Play style will undoubtedly change with role and rules.

Sawneeks feels like whenever I'm scum, I'm obvious scum (which is not true, what slander)

LoC feels like my previous behavior as scum doesn't apply to this game (not true either, I'd be doing great if I was scum)

Which is it.

Also Stan defend yourself

Verelios

Okay, I'm back and staying till deadline.

bleh

True! And it being Day 1 probably means it will but I wanted to get a lay of where things were since we didn't have an active count going.

Vote: Burbeting
Can you elaborate on your Burb vote Saw? I think you got around to why you generally suspect him but not any specifics.

Fireblend

Banned
Would scumStan be a dedicated enough player as scum as to stay awake for the end of the day in case his teammates needed him? Maybe they're so safe and so outside our lynch options that he doesn't care?

Or, maybe he's town.

VOTE: nin1000

How do people feel about Nin

Top Bottom