• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

1. No one else for kits? Feeling okay about the fb vote but figured I'd ask.

2. Just how much OMGUSing is afoot today? Feels like a lot.

Verelios

Let me reverse that on you, what has she done that seems scummy? She's active, not only in contribution, but also discussion. I see no reason to suspect she's scum, as of right now, and I would be very much against a lynch on her.
I mean...that very much sounds like a neutral reading, same as I have. I'm just surprised and a little disconcerted at how readily you're checking Saw's town boxes on day 1. Reminds me too much of Pokemon Mafia.

Sawneeks

Banned
Burb is reminding me of Pineapple Pizza bear without the anger that came in later so I'm hesitant there. And since I know that isn't really helpful, I'll add: To me there's little reason to vote him so far - just that one thing with Fireblend, I guess, which feels more like narrative construction than real truth. Also since Burb hasn't been back to clarify that just doesn't sit well with me.

Unless there's a development in the next hour, I'm not on that train.

To be honest my scum read of Burb is mostly two things: past-game knowledge and the dead weight push.

I still think voting out Dead Weight at this juncture is a terrible idea to base your lynch on and the fact that it's such an easy thing to push for doesn't sit well with me considering this is our only real information day. What Burb was arguing for can easily be turned around and said about this Day Phase; it's our only clear Day and Scum can easily push for those 'easy mislynches' to get out of this scenario and run into the rest of the game without a whole lot of worry.

I do agree that Burb's comments against Fire are interesting and I want to take a look at them once we get Burb's flip. If he's Scum I think it's important we look at Fire and I'm not honestly sure why some people want to go for Fire first given what Burb said ( that seems backwards to me ).

Mostly though, it's how he's playing. When he plays Scum, he gets bored. He doesn't post a whole lot and doesn't lead discussion a ton and focuses on things like mechanics or role speculation ( I know that's not here it's just an example ) or easy subjects that can be talked about by any alignment without issue. He always has a passive style of play but his Scum one is just slightly different and he kinda hangs back more than usual, something I'm seeing here.

whose alignment can you make sense of

Kinda Burb

and I kinda like CM, Nin, and LoC too

Trigger

I don't disagree, but... who do you think does have a well reasoned vote at this stage? Besides your own, obviously. Because it makes me wonder why this one.

I can't really call it sheeping, but I feel like most of his points are just reciting other people's points. Like I said before, I don't feel like he expects to actually have to back up his vote with an argument. It feels more like he wanted to have a vote on record before leaving.

1.) I don't see the case for voting kits, and my focus hasn't really been on her.

2.) Definitely a lot, but I don't think that's atypical for a Day 1.

How do people feel about Nin

I'm not sold on his posting style and the direction of his posts. He's generating some discussion, but I'll wait to see if it goes anywhere.

Sawneeks

Banned
Can you elaborate on your Burb vote Saw? I think you got around to why you generally suspect him but not any specifics.

Answered above

How do people feel about Nin

Gut Town Read.

How do you feel about Nin?

1. I've got nothing on Kits but she's playing more...relaxed than last game. She was kinda jumpy as Scum tbh

2. It does feel like a lot but I'd need to go back and look at voting reasons to give a solid answer. :x

I can't really call it sheeping, but I feel like most of his points are just reciting other people's points. Like I said before, I don't feel like he expects to actually have to back up his vote with an argument. It feels more like he wanted to have a vote on record before leaving.

Not what I asked. I get why you think Stan has poor reasoning behind his vote. (Though I'm not sure why it's bad to have a vote down when people will also attack for not voting). I'm curious who you think is not being suspicious in the same way. In a roundabout way, I guess I'm asking if you have town reads/people you find more trustworthy at this juncture.

rac

Banned
i dunno, i can't really fault burb for trying to go after dead weight even though im in that group

good enough reason as anything else and in the long run it's not a big loss

but if you go this route when do you stop? surely if you don't hit scum at the first go you gotta keep going back to it

is the hope just to get lucky

I do agree that Burb's comments against Fire are interesting and I want to take a look at them once we get Burb's flip. If he's Scum I think it's important we look at Fire and I'm not honestly sure why some people want to go for Fire first given what Burb said ( that seems backwards to me ).

What were his comments, plural, against Fireblend?

(not that you asked, but my own personal issue with Fireblend is entirely separate from anything with Burb but I am curious about why people are targeting Burb; I don't have as much experience with him so I like to see the case)

i dunno, i can't really fault burb for trying to go after dead weight even though im in that group

good enough reason as anything else and in the long run it's not a big loss

but if you go this route when do you stop? surely if you don't hit scum at the first go you gotta keep going back to it

is the hope just to get lucky

The point is to keep killing dead weight as a message to the other dead weight, if there is no dead wight, then you can't kill dead weight.

It's always the question. Scum can hide in those low-post groups but it's a crapshoot to go there day one. But you don't want to kill your most active posters, either.

what do

I need to go work out, so, I've decided, my vote will stay on Fireblend. I hope you exceptional individuals make the right choice today.

Vote for something you believe in, even if it isn't Fireblend, don't take the lazy way out, and always ask the right answers.

and if they don't? so with a list of 5 dead weight how are you going to clear everyone

One at a time.

Verelios

The point is to keep killing dead weight as a message to the other dead weight, if there is no dead wight, then you can't kill dead weight.
The ironic thing is that this never works. Policy lynching low activity posters doesn't motivate other low activity posters because they know you'll have to look elsewhere eventually.

Fireblend

Banned

Killing dead weight isn't the object of the game though. It doesn't help this argument that there's usually some intersection between scum and dead weight which isn't lost on me, but this is a very bad, blind plan to follow.

Can we get a new votecount?

Sawneeks

Banned
Feels a bit too eclectic, gives me an odd feeling.

Just a gut read or anything specific?

What were his comments, plural, against Fireblend?

(not that you asked, but my own personal issue with Fireblend is entirely separate from anything with Burb but I am curious about why people are targeting Burb; I don't have as much experience with him so I like to see the case)

Mostly deferring back to LoC's post, but his observation of Burb's post here about leaving Fireblend out is a great point considering he really didn't do anything up to then. I say posts because the one LoC quoted relates to his original Dead Weight list here which doesn't include Fireblend and only lists Isaac, Kits, Trigger, Oreo, and Rac. Sorry if it made it seem like there were more posts but these were the two I was referring to.

It's always the question. Scum can hide in those low-post groups but it's a crapshoot to go there day one. But you don't want to kill your most active posters, either.

what do

go with who you think the scum is regardless of post count. :x

squidyj

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

burbeting (2)
sawneeks 44 (130)
sawneeks 481
nin1000 485

verelios (0)
burbeting 67 (296)

christina mackenzie (0)
cornburrito 89 (461)

isaacnukem (0)
lord of castamere 96 (386)
nin1000 275 (399)

flatearthpandas (0)
kitsunelaine 110 (418)
stanleypalmtree 361 (436)

cornburrito (2)
christina mackenzie 134
flatearthpandas 182 (328)
flatearthpandas 328

stanleypalmtree (1)
flatearthpandas 150 (182)
fireblend 353 (500)
trigger 477

nin1000 (3)
stanleypalmtree 185 (361)
kitsunelaine 418
muffin1611 483
fireblend 500

kitsunelaine (0)
hey_monkey 245 (464)

oreomunsta (0)
sawneeks 293 (445)

trigger (2)
burbeting 296
stanleypalmtree 440

sawneeks (1)
oreomunsta 385

fireblend (2)
lord of castamere 386
hey_monkey 464

rac (1)
cornburrito 461

stanley palm tree (0)
trigger 473 (477)

Up to date votes are here
Day 1 ends:
gra_1504897200.png

9 votes for majority

Mostly deferring back to LoC's post, but his observation of Burb's post here about leaving Fireblend out is a great point considering he really didn't do anything up to then. I say posts because the one LoC quoted relates to his original Dead Weight list here which doesn't include Fireblend and only lists Isaac, Kits, Trigger, Oreo, and Rac. Sorry if it made it seem like there were more posts but these were the two I was referring to.

So same stuff I've already discussed.

I'd put the bear on a watch list but that seems awfully small to me for a day1 lynch. Mountains from molehills from where I sit, but we'll see how the bear defends, or if he does, with 13 minutes to go.

Trigger

Not what I asked. I get why you think Stan has poor reasoning behind his vote. (Though I'm not sure why it's bad to have a vote down when people will also attack for not voting). I'm curious who you think is not being suspicious in the same way. In a roundabout way, I guess I'm asking if you have town reads/people you find more trustworthy at this juncture.

Probably Sawneeks and LoC and ummmmmm Fireblend? I agree with some of Saw's positions on how to approach the day, I'm not as into lynching Burb though. LoC's posts feel pretty townie. Urging people to be more critical vs just going the easy route. Fireblend always sounds reasonable, but I don't know how scum Fireblend differs from town Fireblend. Evil mustache perhaps? People will attack for not having a vote down, but I don't think just tossing out a vote is a much better option.

Verelios

Lol Are we really gonna let him live? Bandwagon, no reason final day vote, rapid swings from peaceful to lashing when threatened. Come on now.
Hm? How didn't I notice Fire didn't give a reason for his nin vote. Was that a prod? How are you going to prod but not expand on it?

Vote:Fireblend

Sawneeks

Banned
No one for Burb? Despite him not answering any accusations and that his flip would give us more light on Fireblend and maybe even those in his list?

and can someone please give me a reason why Nin that doesn't dissolve into 'he's weird', because he's always weird.

Combining that with also kitsu being on nin which I don't really feel much about but monkey made good points about her, I think I'll switch.

VOTE: Fireblend

No one for Burb? Despite him not answering any accusations and that his flip would give us more light on Fireblend and maybe even those in his list?

and can someone please give me a reason why Nin that doesn't dissolve into 'he's weird', because he's always weird.

Yeah, I could summon better reasons than that and I'm still not voting nin today. But it adds to my Fireblend suspicious. Sorry, Sawneeks; we can't agree there, my friend.

squidyj

Fire demands sacrifice. The ember that burns in a Champion's breast.
Unfortunately self-sacrifice doesn't appear to be on the menu.
From amongst yourselves you have cast one out to feed the dying flames.
Tying them down and turning your backs to their screams as they are consumed by the fire.
You hope your callous brutality will be rewarded.
The flame seems a little stronger now, or perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

Fireblend has died

Night 1 ends:
gra_1505070000.png

Night Actions are due up to 2 hours before day starts

DAY 1 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Fireblend (4) voted out
Lord of Castamere 386
hey_monkey 464
Verelios 523
Muffin1611 528

CornBurrito (2)
Christina Mackenzie 134
flatearthpandas 182 328
flatearthpandas 328

Trigger (2)
Burbeting 296
StanleyPalmtree 440

nin1000 (2)
StanleyPalmtree 185 361
kitsunelaine 418
Muffin1611 483 528
Fireblend 500

Burbeting (2)
Sawneeks 44 130
Sawneeks 481
nin1000 485

Sawneeks (1)
oreomunsta 385

StanleyPalmtree (1)
flatearthpandas 150 182
Fireblend 353 500
Trigger 477

rac (1)
CornBurrito 461

kitsunelaine (0): hey_monkey 245 464

Christina Mackenzie (0): CornBurrito 89 461

isaacnukem (0): Lord of Castamere 96 386, nin1000 275 399

flatearthpandas (0): kitsunelaine 110 418, StanleyPalmtree 361 436

Verelios (0): Burbeting 67 296

oreomunsta (0): Sawneeks 293 445

No active vote for Day 1: isaacnukem, rac

Day 1 Postcount: Burbeting 32, Christina Mackenzie 19, CornBurrito 17, Fireblend 21, flatearthpandas 28, hey_monkey 76, isaacnukem 10, kitsunelaine 22, Lord of Castamere 23, Muffin1611 25, nin1000 80, oreomunsta 22, rac 11, Sawneeks 39, StanleyPalmtree 19, Trigger 18, Verelios 23

squidyj

Day 2 begins

wDrbFzu.png

There was a soul here and now it's gone.
In the darkness Burbeting had his soul forcefully excised from his body with the help of the Dark Hand (he was killed by the Darkwraiths.
Now not even a hollow remains of him.
As the rest of you stare down at his broken husk you realize it wouldn't even make a good sacrifice to the fire which is a shame because It is becoming clear that the last sacrifice did not improve the fire in the slightest.

Burbeting has died.

0 anti-town players are dead

Day 2 Ends:
bla_1505329200.png

Majority is 7

Verelios

Yikes...time to get brainstorming. Maybe Burb was onto something, maybe it was a random kill, we've gotta start somewhere so I'll start with that.

It was a smart kill. Unlikely the healer would target them tonight, with their head possibly on the block for tomorrow.

I'm not gonna apologize for killing them. If there was a better path yesterday, I didn't see it. Let's try again today, hopefully with a better outcome.

So are we now meant to suspect the people who were going for Burb because the kill throws attention on them? There's WIFOM in them there hills.

Two people didn't vote d1. Why?

Isaac told us he wouldn't be back and active until Saturday night, right? But it's Sunday for game start. No one was active last night. A slip? Miscalculation? Nothing?

Are we lynching today or nah? Votes didn't move a lot. We don't have much to work from.

RIP Fireblend (sorry) and Burb.

Gonna make a little summary of Burbs posts, I think.

Now that I look at his posts again, there isn't really much there to draw conclusions from. Mostly his talk about lynching dead weight and little spats with Nin and Sawneeks, but nothing eyebrow-raising. Seems like more of a random nk to me.

So are we now meant to suspect the people who were going for Burb because the kill throws attention on them? There's WIFOM in them there hills.

No, I don't think that would lead to anything fruitful.

But maybe he wasn't that far off with his talk about lynching dead weight and scum didn't like it. That's really the only thing I could draw from it right now.

No, I don't think that would lead to anything fruitful.

But maybe he wasn't that far off with his talk about lynching dead weight and scum didn't like it. That's really the only thing I could draw from it right now.
This is what I'm saying. Every angle from which we could study Burb could be as calculated or as empty as any other. We need something else to weigh it against. It's all "maybe" until then.

Verelios

This is what I'm saying. Every angle from which we could study Burb could be as calculated or as empty as any other. We need something else to weigh it against. It's all "maybe" until then.
You say that as if anything else we could investigate right now wouldn't be circumstantial. It's at least better to have an analysis of Burb's posts and a theory for why he might have died than not have one and flounder around.

You say that as if anything else we could investigate right now wouldn't be circumstantial. It's at least better to have an analysis of Burb's posts and a theory for why he might have died than not have one and flounder around.

Nah. Just saying we need to see if there's anything else to go with it. I do think we should look at Burb, just not only at Burb, because it's not the usual n1 kill I've seen in my (few) games in that he really does have connections to things here. And they could be meaningful or it could be meant to encourage us to kill more townies. We need to be cautious is all.

Drawing possibilites from the votes doesn't really seem like an option today either, votes are spread pretty evenly between several different players. FB also "won" barely.

Top Bottom