• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of Europe reveals Q1 releaselist (emptiness)

Shiggy

list1tyf6.jpg

list23zm7.jpg

Focus is on the launch of the Nintendo 3DS in March. Q2 should hold some very nice surprises for Wii users.

No surprise that there's nothing new for the rest of Q1. There's only about 1.5 months left of it! (Or do you really think that Nintendo are going to go "SURPRISE! Xenoblade is coming out next month!")

3DS is their main focus anyway. Q2-3 is what I'm interested in right now.

BGBW said:
So Pokemon and maybe Kirby when it's cheap. Good time to work on my backlog.
Will this happen though? I can't think of the last time it did happen to a Kirby title. Who knows maybe this time NoE will actually market the game and it will sell...its not like they've got anything else to do *ignores 3DS for a second*

Raide

Hidden Mysteries Vampire Secrets.

Can a game title be any more secretive? Vampires must be damn good at hiding stuff!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Starwolf_UK said:
Will this happen though? I can't think of the last time it did happen to a Kirby title. Who knows maybe this time NoE will actually market the game and it will sell...its not like they've got anything else to do *ignores 3DS for a second*
Well I guess I've gotten a little too used to spending around £15 on games over the past year. Basically I'm basing this on the success of Sin and Punishment 2.

[Nintex]

For shits and giggles:
Nintendo GameCube Q1 2005:
January
07: The Legend of Zelda Four Swords (Nintendo)
xx: Megaman X Command Mission (Capcom)

February
04: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Nintendo)
25: Mario Power Tennis (Nintendo)
xx: Jimmy Neutron Attack of the Twonkies (THQ)
xx: Spongebob Squarepants The Movie (THQ)

March
11: TimeSplitters Future Perfect (EA)
18: Mario Party 6 (Nintendo)
xx: Resident Evil 4 (Capcom)
xx: Viewtiful Joe 2 (Capcom)
xx: Fairly Odd Parents: Shadow Showdown (THQ)
xx: Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams (THQ)

Q1 2005
xx: Disney's Winnie the Pooh Rumbly Tumbly Adventure (Ubisoft)
xx: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Ubisoft)
xx: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (Ubisoft)
Nintendo GameCube Q1 2006:
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary Arcade Collection (Namco/EA) - January/February 2006
PAC-MAN World 3 (Namco/EA) - January/February 2006
Mario Party 7 (Nintendo) - 27th January 2006
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (Capcom/Nintendo) - February 2006
Spongebob Squarepants and Friends: Unite (THQ) - 17th February 2006
Tak 3: The Great Juju Challenge (THQ) - 17th February 2006
Harvest Moon Magical Melody(Marvelous/Rising Star Games) - March 2006
FIFA Street 2 (EA) - 3rd March 2006
Odama (Nintendo) - 31st March 2006

Empty? Kirby and Pokemon alone fill up a certain amount of this month and are both fine titles. Also Okamiden and De Blob 2 is on this list. So it's a pretty decent quarter considering 3DS launches right at the end of it!

Jucksalbe

Banned
No Dragon Quest in Q1 for Europe? That's probably the price to pay when Nintendo localizes a game. Good thing I've got the US version preordered.

I really don't need more games to play, there's too much shit in the last few years I need to get to anyway. I honestly don't understand how someone would have to wait for games to play at this stage given the sheer multitude of quality games out there.

That said, this list is complete ass.

However, it does have De Blob 2, Pokemon, Okamiden and Kirby. I will make love to all of them.

Volcynika said:
Kirby und das magische Garn is fun to say.
That brings me onto something. Is the subtitle a pun in each language now. If so great work (but was it worth 4 months wait?) and certainly mre appealing than the past where everyone got generic titles like Mouse Attack.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Starwolf_UK said:
That brings me onto something. Is the subtitle a pun in each language now. If so great work (but was it worth 4 months wait?) and certainly mre appealing than the past where everyone got generic titles like Mouse Attack.

"Kirby und das magische Garn" is a pretty generic title.

Starwolf_UK said:

Just means Magical Thread I think. Come to think of it, I'm glad they didn't go all internets with 'Kirby's Epic Thread' for the US title.

moozoom

Kirby, Pokemon and Okamiden are already all the games I'll be able to afford in the next few months... (no 3DS for me (T_T))

Eh, the DS list isn't too bad considering most of the continent just got Inazuma Eleven. I can't imagine many companies would want to launch their games too close to Pokemon, but we're getting Okamiden too. And obviously the 3DS is overshadowing the DS right now.

But yeah, sucks for the Wii!

Jucksalbe said:
No Dragon Quest in Q1 for Europe? That's probably the price to pay when Nintendo localizes a game.

Europe got the Nintendo-published DQIX two weeks after the US did, and I'm pretty sure it sold better in Europe too.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Tranced Shadow said:
Europe got the Nintendo-published DQIX two weeks after the US did, and I'm pretty sure it sold better in Europe too.

Yes and this was already a big step back compared to the 3-4 days difference between the US and EU release of DQV and DQIV. Enough for me at least to import the US version of DQIX. ;)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shiggy knows nothing. Its a red herring. He'll get you excited for Q2 and then bam, Nintendo will announce they're no longer making any games ever again.

Gravijah

EatChildren said:
Shiggy knows nothing. Its a red herring. He'll get you excited for Q2 and then bam, Nintendo will announce they're no longer making any games ever again.

Mobile gaming is the future. Nintendo to develop for the Android platform!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gravijah said:
Mobile gaming is the future. Nintendo to develop for the Android platform!

It would be polite to call them by their new name; 'Sony'.

Shiggy

EatChildren said:

Please edit your post or I will sue you for leaking this information. NeoGAF will need to hand out your IP, your personal information, your credit card number as well as the size of all of your body parts.

D-Pad

Shiggy said:
Please edit your post or I will sue you for leaking this information. NeoGAF will need to hand out your IP, your personal information, your credit card number as well as the size of all of your body parts.

Don't forget to sue those who quoted it as well.

Top Bottom