• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grasstream2 Event Details: New Grasshopper Game Announcement, DAMNED & More

x Maiku x

March 30th, 2011: UStream Live @ Shinjuku Loft Plus One – Grasstream 2: Travis vs. Garcia!

Grasshopper Manufacture Inc. celebrates 13 years keeping the spirit of Punk alive in games with our second UStream event, Grasstream 2: Travis vs. Garcia at Shinjuku Loft Plus One! Travis, star of Grasshopper’s No More Heroes series, will come face-to-face with the hero of our latest game, Shadow of the Damned’s Garcia Hotspur. Will Garcia prove worthy of Travis’ legacy?

But this clash of legendary heroes is just the tip of the iceberg! Grasshopper’s taking Grasstream to a new level this year with more interviews, more live music, more guests, and best of all, a new game announcement!

Grasshopper Manufacture is also honored to have the cast of one of gaming’s most popular podcasts, 8-4 Play, joining us to provide English commentary for all of our international fans.

More details on the event here.

The game itself is most likely the rumored Lollipop Chainsaw.

Dascu

Lollipop Chainsaw or maybe a new NMH game. I'm still hoping for a port/remake of The Silver Case for ANY system.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope it's a new NMH game and not another terrible HD port.

V_Ben

Banned
Wait, 8-4 are there in an official capacity for English speakers? That is really clever of them. Nice work :)

Edit: Worth mentioning that GHM is on the NGP dev list. At least I think they are.

Dascu

【Part 2】Grasshopper’s Latest Game!

・New game announcement!
・Hands-on impressions from Vanilla Beans and model/gamer, Kayo Sato・New game announcement!
・Vanilla Beans mini-concert
He's got a female model to showcase the game? Yeah, gotta be Lollipop Chainsaw then. The game is rumored to have a sexy heroine in the lead role.

【Part 3】Welcome, Garcia! -Shadows of the Damned-

・Special chat with Suda 51, Akira Yamaoka, and a Special Guest!
・New Trailer!
・Shadows of the Damned events in April
・Presents!!!
New trailer!

【Grasstream 2 Original Menu】

・Ryan Yamazaki Bin-Bin Sausage
・Garcia Hotspur Chicken
・Paula’s Caprese
・Shadows of the Cocktail
・GhM Grasshopper Special
・Mojito 51
These sound awesome.

Edit:
Do we know which studio is doing the Kojima collaboration project? Maybe the announcement could be that.
Isn't that 5pb?

Is this the Ea collaboration with Mikami? Or am I confusing people?
No. EA/Mikami project is Shadows of the Damned.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
3DS or PSP2? Grasshopper has hinted at 3DS development, but they've only actually appeared on the PSP2 developer list.

Otherwise I cant fucking wait for Shadows of the Damned stuff. That game is gonna rock.

Dascu

EatChildren said:
3DS or PSP2? Grasshopper has hinted at 3DS development, but they've only actually appeared on the PSP2 developer list.
If it is Lollipop Chainsaw, then I think 3DS is a tad more likely. Kadokawa Games is the publisher and they're doing several Wii/3DS games. Plus, the game's been rumored/semi-announced for a while now, months before the NGP reveal. And I think someone on GHM's facebook page hinted at 3DS development.

TheOddOne said:
Dascu, does the website say anything about Codename D?
The site's in English, so you can check for yourself. I don't see anything about it though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dascu said:
If it is Lollipop Chainsaw, then I think 3DS is a tad more likely. Kadokawa Games is the publisher and they're doing several Wii/3DS games. Plus, the game's been rumored/semi-announced for a while now, months before the NGP reveal. And I think someone on GHM's facebook page hinted at 3DS development.

They did, yeah. They said they were not working on any portable games for "Nintendo's older systems (winky face)".

What do we know about Lollypop Chainsaw other than the name is awesome?

V_Ben

Banned
Maybe they'll finally stop referring to Codename D as... well, Codename D. They trademarked Dynamic Pitch a bit ago, so that's probably the final title.

TheOddOne

Dascu said:
Quit your job.
Two week internship and then FREEDOM.

V_Ben said:
Maybe they'll finally stop referring to Codename D as... well, Codename D. They trademarked Dynamic Pitch a bit ago, so that's probably the final title.
At TGS they said the name was final.

These kind of crazy, Japanese game announcements from mad studios are always the most exciting - you never know what you're gonna get!

Dascu

EatChildren said:
They did, yeah. They said they were not working on any portable games for "Nintendo's older systems (winky face)".

What do we know about Lollypop Chainsaw other than the name is awesome?
It features a sexy heroine and it's apparently very funny. Nothing on gameplay, AFAIK.

x Maiku x

There will be hands on impressions of the new game, so it must be for 3DS. As for Damned, it's going to be shown at GDC this week. Codename D will probably have to wait until E3. It's also worth noting that they say you should bring your iPhone/iPad if you have one.

Dascu

Host Samurai said:
I hope no hand helds, but who am I kidding? Home console owners dont get nice things anymore :(.
3 out of 4 projects being handled by Suda/GHM are for home consoles. This one could also be for a home console. Stop whining.

EatChildren

Dascu said:
It features a sexy heroine and it's apparently very funny. Nothing on gameplay, AFAIK.

No More Heroes spin-off with a sexy lady protagonist wielding a chainsaw instead of Travis and his beam katana.

Do we know how involved Suda is? Producing, executive director?

Unless you count Activision's CoD tease, not a single third party has announced a single specific NGP title yet. I'm guessing that Sony isn't allowing them to do so yet - if not before E3, than before some other near-future date. Odds of an exception for Grasshopper: very low.

I'm betting on 3DS (they've been less than subtly hinting at that), but at the very least, I'm 90%+ certain that it's not for NGP.

/XX/

Dascu said:
StuBurns said:
Do we know which studio is doing the Kojima collaboration project? Maybe the announcement could be that.
Isn't that 5pb?

Yes, it seems that the collaboration project is a 5pb. game produced only by Chiyomaru Shikura after all, so most likely Goichi Suda and Hideo Kojima will participate only on a personal basis for the project, without their respective teams handling any development tasks in this game:

Hideo Kojima Working With 5pb. CEO On New Adventure Game - [andriasang]
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/07/17/kojima_5pb_ceo/

But maybe (and this is what I really want although I don't think it will come true) this is the SNATCHER 'Project S' definitely made as an adventure game developed by 5pb., produced by Hideo Kojima and directed by Goichi Suda, similar to what the last one said in this interview:

Goichi Suda interview by Billy Berghammer said:
“I said during the Kojima Podcast that I’d be working with Kojima and we’d be doing the scenario for Snatcher. Whether it will become a game or not we still don’t know, because in the end it’s up to Kojima-san. He’s a really, really busy man. If there’s any opportunity to work with him on Snatcher, we’d be very happy to do it. I think we’ll be doing something first with Konami, with Kojima acting as producer and I would be director
http://www.nintendic.com/news/1199

decaf

Serenade said:
Wonder why they'd ask you to bring your iPhone/iPad...
nudge-nudge-monty-python-105.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gonna be 3AM in the Pacific. Boo-urns. I hope there's video to download or something later on

Nothing in this week's Famitsu other than Frog Minutes, so I'd be very surprised if anything interesting comes of this. Some people at Grasshopper may deserve a talking-to about the dangers of hype.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Forgot about the event, it's live right now.
Johntv's links work without password.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
When I clicked, they were showing a NMH Treasure Box, presumably with the Sylvia statue on Suda's desk. No idea about the details.

Top Bottom