• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Toxa

we got a lot of newcomer for the next seson :) it is not sure that there will be enough space for vissione in the lounge for the stream xD

Dibbz

Just a heads up I might be 30 mins to an hour late tonight.

I'm sorry if I am late but something just popped up this morning.

ashk

Still no post-race round-up :( I want to know how my team's done! (and I'm too lazy to add up the points myself) Fix this shit Guerrila Polyphony Mush!

Dead Man

Toxa said:
we got a lot of newcomer for the next seson :) it is not sure that there will be enough space for vissione in the lounge for the stream xD
I hope we can find a way to continue that, its a great aspect of the series

I'm 500km away from home and I don't have much time right now but I'd like to join you guys someday on this league and have some serious racing.

I'll post again when I can (next week I think), just wanted to let you know that you may have a new european driver - if there's room for me, of course!.

PS: First post on GAF, woohoo!

Angst

ashk said:
Still no post-race round-up :( I want to know how my team's done! (and I'm too lazy to add up the points myself) Fix this shit Guerrila Polyphony Mush!
We're working on it. ETA - TBA ;)

Kaze13

How many hours away is this? I thought it was 2100 GMT (=1300 my time PST) which is 30 minutes away from now right? Gah! I'm horrible at this scheduling thing.

Kaze13 said:
How many hours away is this? I thought it was 2100 GMT (=1300 my time PST) which is 30 minutes away from now right? Gah! I'm horrible at this scheduling thing.

I think you are right. And still no love from the GAFsuperGT account.

Toxa

Kaze13 said:

yep ;)

Angst

Permadeath said:
I think you are right. And still no love from the GAFsuperGT account.
Sorry, will correct in 15 minutes or so :p

I won't be in the practice session today. I'm feeling ill, so I am going to bed early :(

Ark

Well that was depressing. If I'd known there was no racing line allowed, I would have put more practice into Laguna Seca. Had to use the Lexus instead of my usual Raybrig because I've got a setup on the Raybrig for a Monaco race this weekend that I don't want to lose.

Kaze13

Thanks for the DF tip Toxian. Got a 1:57.xxx at Suzuka before I got d/c.

edit: test the GTR at Laguna with max DF. Feels great! Got a 1:20.9xx within the first 5 laps. This is offline though. I feel I can get another half a second but that 1:19.xxx you did was insane! lol.

Dibbz

So I spoke to toxa and he was happy with light damage.

What did you guys think? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Again sorry I missed the testing but hey at least I got some of you guys to actually get out there and begin the testing :)

Toxa

Dibbz said:

Again sorry I missed the testing but hey at least I got some of you guys to actually get out there and begin the testing :)

2 race tonight

first with light damage, the other race with full damage and it was alright .

I vote for full damage

Toxa

Kaze13 said:
Thanks for the DF tip Toxian. Got a 1:57.xxx at Suzuka before I got d/c.

edit: test the GTR at Laguna with max DF. Feels great! Got a 1:20.9xx within the first 5 laps. This is offline though. I feel I can get another half a second but that 1:19.xxx you did was insane! lol.

great :) next step 1.56 at suzuka

good party tonight

860610LagunaSecaRaceway12.jpg

Capsule Corp Racing confirms before the official registration to use the castrol supra 97 for the next season.

Dibbz said:

I vote for heavy damage. It encourages people to drive more like they would in real life.

UFRA

Foxtrot Oscar would like to put a down a deposit on the Woodone Tom's Supra '03 if it is found to be allowed for season 2. :)

Kaze13

Laguna 1:20.323. A little refinement in corner entry and more careful throttle control on the exit and I think I can break 1:19. That was a fun romp with you guys in practice earlier. Too bad I d/c'd in the first race and was forever alone after getting into 4th position in the 2nd. With the new DF setting i might be able to battle for 2nd or 3rd next time. Tox, you are too fast for me at the moment lol. I will try hard to battle with you soon though. That will be a shit ton of fun! Can't wait.

Mush

You can blame Pokemon for the notable absence of final standings. Soon, I promise!

And sorry, we're not taking car reservations just yet. :p

Mush

LVAHZ.png

(Special thanks to Dibbz for the original photograph)

Race results after 8 laps

vq3kl.png

Teams points standings after Round Eight

4GC7U.png

Drivers standings after Round Eight

z7Idr.png

Awards

Fastest Lap during Main Race: Toxa +10 points
Most Lead Laps: ashk +10 points
MVP: ashk +15 points
Spirit of Translator-san: Dead Man +15 points

Replays

:(

Mush

Final Teams Standings

4GC7U.png

Note: Due to a number of teams being equal on points, they were ranked on the number of their highest race finishing positions.

Your Season 1 Teams winner is... 2K Runners!

Final Drivers Standings

z7Idr.png

Your Season 1 Drivers Standings winner is... seattle6418!

Congrats to all!

Mush

Race Summary's

Round One - Suzuka Circuit
Round Two - Laguna Seca
Round Three - Grand Valley Speedway
Round Four - Special Stage Route 5
Round Five - Tokyo R246
Round Six - Fuji Speedway
Round Seven - Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Round Eight - Nurburgring 24h

Total Manufacturer Win Count

Nissan: 6
Lexus: 2
Honda: 0

Facts

-Over four hours of race time total, discounting practices and what not
-164 laps over the course of 8 rounds
-Almost 1000km was covered in race distance (932.89km)
-The Woodone GT-R has a working horn, peons can only look on in jealousy
-Raybrig is still the sexiest car, news at 11

Mush

Team Reports

[2K Runners]

2K Runners is the first team to receive the title as the league champions of the NeoGAF Super GT League - Season 1. The team started the first half of the season with Seattle6418 behind the wheel of their Motul Autech GT-R. His first race at Suzuka proved to be a successful third place finish. He held a consistent and solid race throughout the event. On the last lap of the race he stood in fourth place, but was most likely shocked at the sight as he came to the final chicane of Suzuka. Foxtrot Oscar’s driver UFRA was off in the grass from going too wide. Seattle6418 squeezed by and secured third for his team.

Little did the rest of the league know, Seattle6418’s third place finish at Suzuka would be the low point of his season. Seattle6418 went on to achieve a winning streak of three races in a row at Laguna Seca, Grand Valley Speedway, and Special Stage Route 5. This winning streak can easily be noted as the foundation of 2K Runners’ road to victory.

Chimilosky took over for the remaining four races of the season and was no rookie either. He did his job for the team and managed to secure two podium finishes in third place. The final round at Nürburgring was an uphill battle for him. Chimilosky had a crash on the first lap, which ultimately crippled him for the early portion of the race. However, with his previous solid performance and Seattle4618’s early domination this ensured that 2K Runners would stay on top and ultimately claim victory in the championship.

[Team Ni-San]

Team Ni-San had the privilege to be driving the only Nismo 350Z in the league, although to make things interesting their car had the same number as the Xanavi GTR. Angst and Dibbz decided to alternate between rounds to make sure they would have ample practice time between the rounds.

The first race at Suzuka showed Angst that this league couldn’t be approached leisurely. His approach before the race was, “Nah, I don’t need no stinking practice” and that resulted in at least five pit stops during the race. Dibbz showed how it should be done in the next race at Mazda Laguna Seca when he put in a solid effort and ended up in second place. Before the third race at Grand Valley Speedway, Angst had practiced with a very good and experienced French coach and the effort rewarded him with fifth place in the race. At SSR5 Dibbz was involved in a couple of serious incidents and had to drive with damage for most of the race, but managed to end up in fourth place despite his issues.

Tokyo R246 started with disaster for Team Ni-San when Juicy Bob had to do an emergency stop during the parade lap and due to Juicy Bob apparently playing from a hut in the Australian Outback he warped into Angst’s car. The damages were so severe that Angst had no choice but to do an ad-hoc visit in the pits before passing the start line. He was very close to rage-quitting, but decided to drive on. Fortunately for him the tight track and close walls at Tokyo resulted in incidents for the other cars and he ended up in a very satisfactory third place.

At Fuji Dibbz had a very good strategy and the long straight meant he could fully utilize the engine power of the 350Z. Despite a few close calls he crossed the finish line as the winner. Angst was back in the seat at Monza and as the last lap started the gap to Mush was a mere 3 seconds and Angst decided that it was an all or nothing situation, so he decided to push it as far as possible. It looked like Mush had trouble controlling his car due to worn tires and Angst overtook Mush on the final straight of the last lap, winning the race. “Thank you slipstream” ;) (© Toxa 2011)

The last race at Nürburgring started out badly for Dibbz when another car lost control during the parade lap and severely damaged Dibbz’s car. He had to let almost every car past him during the long drive back to the pits. Gritting his teeth, he raced on and finished up just outside the podium.

When the smoke of the season’s last race had settled Team Ni-San finished in second place overall. Angst and Dibbz where later reported to have been seen kissing the hood of their car, all false rumours of course, spread by their competitors.

[Capsule Corp Racing]

Capsule Corp Racing had the benefit of doing the season in a car that at least one of the drivers described as “hopelessly slow, but a nice challenge” (followed by some mumblings of “Merde” and “Sacre Bleu”). Lexus motorsports were of course less than thrilled with the comments and pointed out that the winner of the 2009 Super GT season had been driving the same car as them. *dealwithit.gif* basically

Toxa immediately proved that he could master the Lexus at Suzuka and achieved a very impressive second place. For some reason he did the race in a sort of twilight zone and only had very few racers on his screen. l2ound also got comfortable in the car and placed third at Laguna Seca. At Grand Valley Speedway Toxa again impressed with a second place finish. SSR5 was perhaps a bit less suited to the Lexus, but l2ound nevertheless placed fifth.

When the league moved to the closed-wall carnage at Tokyo R246 Toxa showed that careful driving and meticulous planning pays off as he did the whole race without any incidents whatsoever and crossed the finishing line first. At Fuji l2ound was very competitive for the first part of the race and was competing for a podium finish with Dibbz and ashk. Sadly there was a bit of bumping at the exit of the first corner mid-race and l2ound’s car wasn’t the same after that. He still managed a middle-of-the-grid finish.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza will probably not be remembered with joy for l2ound as he was involved in a crash at the end of the parade lap which got him off to a bad start. The long straights at Monza were no help either for the Lexus, but he still managed to finish fifth.

Nürburgring was going to be Toxa’s “Le Grande Finale” and witnesses talks about how he danced rain dances the whole day before the race (Toxa being about the only guy confident and fast in the rain). Apparently the rain gods where out of office though as the rain only started to fall as the first car crossed the finishing line. The PD gods weren't on Toxa’s side either as the qualification had to be left out. Things where looking grim for Toxa and then he was hit pretty hard by another car during the parade lap and had to drive the first lap with a busted tire. He still showed his skill at the track as he climbed in the field after his pit stop and ended up in a very nice third place.

Capsule Corp Racing will most likely be a serious contender and the rest of the teams anxiously await their car for the next season. The Fiat 500 ‘68 being the obvious choice.

[The Flaming Deers]

Mikedub was first out in The Flaming Deers’ Lexus at Suzuka and he finished in eighth place, one lap ahead of ninth. Laguna Seca seemed to be much better suited to Mikedub and he pulled of a fifth place finish. Races three and four are where we first saw ashk racing and he immediately put in solid performances finishing in place four and three respectively.

Mikedub had some issues with damage at Tokyo R246 , much like every other racer, but he still managed to end up in seventh position. As the league returned to the race track at Fuji Speedway it was ashk’s turn again and he had been practicing a lot in preparation for the race. His chance at a podium sadly got ruined as he was involved in the same incident at turn one as l2ound and Dibbz. He fought on and managed to end up just outside the podium. At Autodromo Nazionale Monza The Flaming Deers were mysteriously absent (rumours are that they got lost in the Italian nightlife).

Ashk was back in the Lexus for the final race at Nürburgring - and what a return! He drove consistently for eight laps and even though he slowed down a bit on the final lap nobody was ever really close to catching him. He was the first to cross the finish line, just as the rain started to fall.

The Flaming Deers will definitely be a team to watch for in Season 2. If they can stay out of the night clubs at race day they will most likely be competing for the overall top spots.

[NZGR]

NZGR, owned and operated by the coordinator of the league himself, had a very exciting season. With the stunning Raybrig NSX (which ironically had the worst headlights of all the cars despite being sponsored by a high performance light manufacturer) the drivers had their hands full as the car was certainly a beast to be tamed. Mush started off the season and raced in the first three rounds. He finished middle-of-the-grid on these races with a solid and respectable performance overall.

The most notable race in Mush’s career was without a doubt the seventh round of the season at Monza. Mush started off the race in a fairly strong position, and did not have any trouble working his way up the grid. It did not take long until Mush managed to take the lead, and hold it for what would seem an inevitable win for NZGR. It was clear that over the course of the season, Mush had become one with the Raybrig NSX. However, a predator was after him and closing the gap. Team Ni-San’s Angst was shaving off a few seconds every lap. Time was running out, and there were few laps left. It wasn’t until the last lap of the race that Angst finally had an opportunity to overtake Mush. He tried with a failed attempt on the second to last straight. The final corner approached. Spectators watching were tense as anything could happen at this point. Both drivers had a good corner exit on the final turn, but Angst carried just enough extra speed through the corner to reel Mush in for the final attack. When the checkered flag waved, it was ultimately Angst that took the win leaving a second place finish for Mush.

After word got out about the poor headlight performance of the Raybrig NSX, share prices fell and Raybrig ultimately had to make budget cuts to NZGR. This meant Stillmatic would not be participating in an equal number of races as Mush, however his performance was not without impressive qualities. Stillmatic secured a well-deserved second place on Special Stage Route 5, which was notable for being a chaotic and difficult race - especially for the Raybrig NSX with its poor headlights. Stillmatic’s only other race of the season was on Fuji Speedway where he secured a respectable fifth place.

NZGR’s persistence and improvement over the season paid off, as they managed to slowly climb the ranks of the championship leaderboard and ultimately end up tied with Foxtrot Oscar for fifth place.

[Foxtrot Oscar]

The team of UFRA and Niks driving the Woodone Advan Clarion GT-R proved to be a successful pair. Being the only car on the entire grid with a horn, “It certainly boosted our confidence out there,” team member UFRA said. Foxtrot Oscar took a different driver strategy compared to the common “4 and 4” strategy of other teams. They decided to alternate between rounds instead, keeping both drivers fresh and prepared for their next race.

Both UFRA and Niks landed a solid fourth place on Suzuka and Laguna Seca respectively. At Grand Valley Speedway UFRA managed to hold on to second place for almost the entire race, but after an incident with a backmarker he was damaged and Toxa from Capsule Corp Racing snuck by on lap 19 out of 21. UFRA would go on to finally get his second place finish at Fuji Speedway later in the sixth round.

Niks managed to secure a respectable 145 points for the team and even earned pole position on Monza for the fastest qualifying time. An unfortunate miss of the braking point on the first corner caused him to get set back significantly on the grid, but he managed to secure eighth overall. With both drivers in the top 10 of the overall standings, it’s a good chance that Foxtrot Oscar will be a strong competitor next season. Rumor has it they are working on a contract with Woodone for next season in the Toyota Supra.

[Team Gang Green]

Team Gang Green sure had an eventful season, plagued by incidents and bitter tears. The first two races were mainly incident-free, but the third race at Grand Valley Speedway was ruined when Gutterboy got trashed by other drivers spinning out. This meant extra pit stops for him. Despite what must have been utterly frustrating he raced on and had a nice battle with Angst (who was one lap ahead) for the last couple of laps. After the race Gutterboy was very frustrated and some of the other racers feared for his health for a while.

The “mechanical” trouble was yet again a big issue for Team Gang Green on Special Stage Route 5 and Weekend_warrior ended up at the bottom of the grid. When the league headed to Tokyo the team certainly showed what they could do when they weren’t hindered by damages. Despite Gutterboy having to do a pit stop quite early and once missing the pit entry he pulled off a very nice podium placement, ending up in second place behind Toxa. Gutterboy once again vented his frustration after the race.

On Fuji Speedway Weekend_warrior had decided that “I’m not getting involved in any first corner mayhem again!”. His strategy was to start way back in the field he had everything planned out. Unfortunately it didn’t pay off as he finished at the bottom half of the grid. The race administrator was a bit baffled at his strategy as it for some reason involved driving backwards on the finishing straight during qualification.

Weekend_warrior’s frustration continued on Monza where he had to pull out before the race even started due to a mistake by another driver (who shall remain unnamed) during the parade lap. It was generally agreed after the race that Team Gang Green was in place for some positive results, and they were going to get it next race when the team made an outstanding return during the endurance race at Nürburgring. Gutterboy maneuvered his NSX through the first lap mayhem and pulled off a respectful second place, showing everyone that his team would be a serious contender during Season 2.

The consensus from the administrators is that they need to work on their temper and avoid the unorthodox strategies. The team’s pit stop manager has promised that they will be more alert next season and won’t let one of the team’s cars drive through the pit without proper service from them.

[Juicy Beef]

The team of Juicy Bob and EL Beefo certainly has one of the most clever names in the league. With the striking ARTA NSX as their car, the team not only had to battle the other drivers but also the car itself. The NSX’s are known for being very tail happy, and the ARTA NSX was no doubt the same.

Like Foxtrot Oscar, Juicy Beef went with the alternating driver strategy starting with Juicy Bob on Suzuka. The team made it through the first half of the season with finishes in the middle-lower half of the grid. Juicy Bob had his highest career finish of fourth place at Tokyo R246. “This is a high point in my career, it’s only going to get better from here for Juicy Beef,” an excited Juicy Bob stated in a press interview after the race.

Unfortunately things did not go much better for Juicy Beef, as their product of beef flavored gum did not do as well as they originally hoped. Team administrators for Juicy Beef had to make difficult decisions and were unable to participate at all in the sixth round at Fuji Speedway. Juicy Bob raced once more for the team at Monza finishing in the middle of the grid, but that was the final race for Juicy Beef. League organizers issued a substitute driver from The Flaming Deers to ensure a more populated grid at Nürburgring, but Juicy Beef was done for the season. The team finished eighth overall in the championship.

[(Un)Dead Seks]

Dead Man and The Seks got off to a rough start, missing out on the opening race of the season at Suzuka. Despite this, (Un)Dead Seks managed to start their respectable come-back for the remainder of the season. Finishing in the middle area of the grid, Dead Man started the team off on a good track at Laguna Seca and Grand Valley Speedway.

The Seks then took over for the next three rounds, putting his skills to the test in the powerful Calsonic GT-R. Although he wasn’t thrilled with his performance, it’s unanimously agreed amongst the league officials that The Seks made a worthy effort and never gave up throughout the entire season. Without a single rage-quit on his record, The Seks finished ahead of six others in the final standings for the championship. Although he has announced the end of his career after Season 1, The Seks will leave with the respect of the others for giving it his best efforts and never giving up.

Dead Man finished the remaining races of the season with his high point being a fourth place finish at Monza. The final round at Nürburgring proved to be a test of endurance and emotions, but it paid off as Dead Man earned the Spirit of Translator-san award - a first for (Un)Dead Seks. A true show of persistence and the will to keep going, the team managed to tie for ninth place in the championship overall.

[M//E-M]

Drivers MetalMurphy and InEffectMode of the Epson NSX had a difficult start to the season. Due to contract related problems with Epson, the team was unable to start racing until the 3rd round of the season. Undoubtedly, this had a significant impact on the team’s ability to fight for the top positions in the championship.

This didn’t stop them from trying hard though. MetalMurphy finished in the middle of the grid for the third and fourth rounds of the season. He was given the Spirit of Translator-san award for his clean driving and respect for other racers at Special Stage Route 5. This accomplishment in itself is very difficult, since it was considered one of the most hectic races of the season. InEffectMode took over for the fifth and sixth rounds, which would be his only races for the season. He finished in the lower end of the grid, but was able to bring some much needed points to the team.

M//E-M tied for ninth overall in the championship with (Un)Dead Seks. Taking into consideration that they missed out on the first two races of the season, this is an impressive final result.

[GT-R Nismo]

GTR-Nismo had a season filled with troubles, but proved their reliability by not giving up and continuing to join practice sessions.

The first four races were driven by BrLvgThrChmstry and then Konosuke took over for the last four races. BrLvgThrChmstry had some issues with his newly issued car and struggled with controlling it and making the most of it. However, he showed improvement and will hopefully practice more for the second season.

Konosuke took over for the remainder of the season. His first race at Tokyo R246 was by many thought to be his last when he, quite by accident, got in the way of one of the front runners and consequently got a ton of grief in the aftermath of the race. Konosuke didn’t give up and his next race showed serious improvement, ending in seventh place and earning him lots of praise for his persistence - he was unanimously voted for the much sought-after Spirit of Translator-San award.

Team GT-R Nismo’s car is one of the better cars in the league and the rest of the teams will watch the team for the next season.

[Mad Hatters]

Blu had a rough time in his first three races and the race administrators haven’t heard from him in a while. Hopefully all is well with him. At the first race at Suzuka he tested PD’s damage model quite extensively and his car looked like it had gone through a meat grinder when the race was over. He didn’t quit though and his persistence was awarded with the coveted Spirit of Translator-San trophy.

His next two races at Laguna Seca and Grand Valley Speedway where also a test of poor blu’s patience. He persisted and didn’t quit early, but after race 3 he seemed pretty much to have given up on the league. He’s still welcome to join us in practice sessions and maybe he can make a glorious return for Season 2?

The Supra Yellowhat was then handed over to Brentech who seemed to like it better than blu, although he did complain that it was underpowered compared to certain other cars. His first race was at SSR5 and he drove his Supra to a very respectable middle-of-the-grid finish. He was AWOL for the Tokyo R246 and the Fuji races, but returned for the race at Monza. He had trouble getting the Supra as fast as the other cars on the track, but did a very fair race and avoided incidents with the faster cars, thus he was awarded with the Spirit of Translator-San. Nürburgring was also a rough time for Brentech’s Supra and he finished in the bottom of the grid..

Toxa

sorry Much but I disagree :( why my team didn't get the fastest lap reward during the practice ?

those reward helped to unbalance during entire championship because it was impossible for a lexus driver to get those rewards but the ring is the only track where driving skill can make the difference.

I did 8.09.535 during the practice and someone decided to skip the qualify session and started the race without warning !

when I had online issue (GVS, r246) nobody decided to skip the qualify session.

this race was critical for my team and I did my very best .

so why my team must pay ? the other team had their reward but not us.

it's only a game but once again it's not fair , please mush .

@angst thx ;)

Angst

Dibbz said:
Oh wow we came second in the team championship Angst. I knew it would be close but jesus that is tight. :D
Yeah, pretty good - a shared second place with Round and Toxa feels nice! :)

Angst

Angst said:
Yeah, pretty good - a shared second place with Round and Toxa feels nice! :)
Toxa said:
sorry Much but I disagree :( why my team didn't get the fastest lap reward during the practice ?

I did 8.09.535 during the practice and someone decided to skip the qualify session and started the race without warning !
I wasn't in the race, but as far as I could tell there was a lot of issues with the qualifications (times didn't register or something) and people where saying that the race had to start as they had other arrangements that day - so there was an ad-hoc decision to skip qualification and head directly to the race. On Monza we had issues and as the track is shorter we did a 6 minute qualification, just enough for people to get 1 or 2 laps in. Doing the same on the Ring with one whole lap before the timer starts would have taken at least 20 minutes...

As there is no record of qualification times it's pretty hard to give out points for fastest lap during qualification. It's totally unfair, but there's not much we can do about it.

I'll discuss it with Mush and UFRA and we'll get back to you.

Toxa

Angst said:
I wasn't in the race, but as far as I could tell there was a lot of issues with the qualifications (times didn't register or something) and people where saying that the race had to start as they had other arrangements that day - so there was an ad-hoc decision to skip qualification and head directly to the race. On Monza we had issues and as the track is shorter we did a 6 minute qualification, just enough for people to get 1 or 2 laps in. Doing the same on the Ring with one whole lap before the timer starts would have taken at least 20 minutes...

As there is no record of qualification times it's pretty hard to give out points for fastest lap during qualification. It's totally unfair, but there's not much we can do about it.

I'll discuss it with Mush and UFRA and we'll get back to you.

check here (37min)

http://www.justin.tv/vissione/b/280937857

best lap : 08.09.535

each teams had their rewards at each races even when Qualification system failed.

Toxa said:
each teams had their rewards at each races even when Qualification system failed.

Not really, i didn´t get the points for the qualify in GVS, due to problems and we ended up starting out of place.

It´s one of the things i was waiting to see how it goes for next season, if the pole points will count or not.

---

Anyways, congrats all for a great season! Was a lot of fun, but next time i won´t race four consecutive races. I think the championship is better if you take turns with your teammate, but due to some quirks, that wasn´t the case on S1.

Team 2krunners would like to defend the title on the Motul Autech GT-R ´08.

Highlight of the season: the SSR5 race, competely issue free.
Down point: the spin and crash on lap 1 of round one, that killed the race.

Resolutions for S2:

Change name of the team
Get a working neogaf account for Chimilosky (flood of juniors got in and he didn´t???)
Go through S2 in peace with everybody
Mantain Skyline supremacy
Have fun

Toxa

seattle6418 said:
Not really,...

you're right qualify failed at suzu, seca, GVS and r246 but you had the pole rewards for seca

IMO we should remove the pole rewards

BTW congrats for both title;)

edti: happy to see you'll stay for season 2 :)

Dead Man

seattle6418 said:
Not really, i didn´t get the points for the qualify in GVS, due to problems and we ended up starting out of place.

It´s one of the things i was waiting to see how it goes for next season, if the pole points will count or not.

---

Anyways, congrats all for a great season! Was a lot of fun, but next time i won´t race four consecutive races. I think the championship is better if you take turns with your teammate, but due to some quirks, that wasn´t the case on S1.

Team 2krunners would like to defend the title on the Motul Autech GT-R ´08.

Highlight of the season: the SSR5 race, competely issue free.
Down point: the spin and crash on lap 1 of round one, that killed the race.

Resolutions for S2:

Change name of the team
Get a working neogaf account for Chimilosky (flood of juniors got in and he didn´t???)
Go through S2 in peace with everybody
Mantain Skyline supremacy
Have fun
Congrats, well earned.

UFRA

Congrats to the podium teams and drivers!

We tied for 5th Niks, not too shabby. That Raybrig team really snuck up on us over the course of the season. :p

Dead Man

Mush said:
Why wouldn't I want you to continue? You did great at Monza, why not see if you can better it? :)
Paranoia!! Anyway, yeah, If SuperGT and NRL can co exist, I'll be running in both, hopefully.

What happened to Crumb? I remember we were all worried he was gonna dominate but he disappeared and instead Seattle quietly snuck up and "Surprise, butt secks!"ed us all.

Mush

weekend_warrior said:
What happened to Crumb? I remember we were all worried he was gonna dominate but he disappeared and instead Seattle quietly snuck up and "Surprise, butt secks!"ed us all.
He suffers from laziness and Australianess.

I am happy I had the two second place finishes. If luck would have been on my side I am confident I would have podiumed 3 of 4 races. Looking forward to season 2.

You list Weekend_Warrior as the driver for the last round, but it was me, Gutterboy44. You have the points right but it just lists WW in one of the charts. No big deal.

Great job everyone and massive thanks to Mush and MM. A lot of fun. See you cats in season 2.

Mush

Greetings, gents!

Here is an outline of this weeks plans:

(Un-official) Off-season Test #2 - Thursday, March 17 @ 21.00GMT in the Super GT Lounge.

Who can race?

Anyone!

Attendee list

Angst
Toxa
Risk Breaker
Kaze13
ashk
Broseybrose

Official Off-season Session #1 - Saturday, March 19 @ 23.00GMT in the Super GT Lounge.

Who can race?

This test is strictly for Season 2 Regulation/Rule testing and as such, will be restricted to entrants from Season 1 of the League. If you are looking to continue with the League and would like to help better it, this is for you.

Attendee list

brentech
Angst
Niks
seattle6418
UFRA
Juicy Bob

If you haven't already, add GAFsuperGT to your PSN friends list. Once you have been accepted, go to the Community tab in GT5 and scroll down to GAFsuperGT and select the Lounge coffee cup icon.

Top Bottom