• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taichu

Why are people posting that their coins will expire?

My understanding is, the coins keep building up year after year. You can save up as many as you want. The points expire each year, because it determines whether or not you make gold/platinum status.

TehOh

Raider82 said:
I have 620 coins and am still on Gold. What's the number for Platinm? Thought it was 600+?

It's 600 between July 1 2010-June 30 2011. You must have some coins from before that point.

tenchir

Raider82 said:
I have 620 coins and am still on Gold. What's the number for Platinm? Thought it was 600+?

It's 600. You not at platinum because some of those coins were from last year. You need to earn 600 coins between July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011 to get to platinum status.

Taichu said:
Why are people posting that their coins will expire?

My understanding is, the coins keep building up year after year. You can save up as many as you want. The points expire each year, because it determines whether or not you make gold/platinum status.

RoxHT.jpg

This is sort of a new thing. Recently they changed how coins were displayed to make it very clear that coins will actually expire and disappear after a certain amount of time has passed. Not just platinum resetting, but actual coins you've earned will be lost. Notice how it shows coins you've earned and clearly says "coins earned this year will expire 20xx."

sikkinixx

The Pokedex thing put me at exactly 600 for this year. NICE! Still sad about missing the statue last year ;_; calendar sucks so hard.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
lastflowers said:
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://i.imgur.com/uYVon.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Do you own Animal Crossing DS or the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games? I'll give you 1 code to push you over that edge.

I think OoT will land me exactly on 600 if I'm doing my math right. And if Club Nintendo doesn't take away my ill-gotten gains (it counted me linking my 3DS twice.)

Busaiku

I've got some codes for Wii Play and Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Not entirely sure if they've been used or not though.

If anyone wants to try them, let me know.

EDIT - I'm out.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
RomanticHeroX said:
Wow, why are the Wii Select games worth so much? I just got 60 coins for registering the Wii Select version of Twilight Princess.

Did you get an Early Registration bonus? Check your coin totals and see... the Nintendo Selects came out less than a month ago, and if they qualify as new products (they DO have different ISBN numbers), they could be eligible for the 10 points bonus for registration within 30 days of release.

DDayton

I've got a NPC Pikmin code that generates an "invalid code" error when I try to register it. I'm not entirely sure what to do with it...

DavidDayton said:
Did you get an Early Registration bonus? Check your coin totals and see... the Nintendo Selects came out less than a month ago, and if they qualify as new products (they DO have different ISBN numbers), they could be eligible for the 10 points bonus for registration within 30 days of release.
Yeah, that makes sense. Still, for a $20 game I was only expecting maybe 20 coins out of it.

DDayton

RomanticHeroX said:
Yeah, that makes sense. Still, for a $20 game I was only expecting maybe 20 coins out of it.

All Wii disks have been worth 50 -- Link's Crossbow Training, all the New Play Control Titles...

iphys

TheBez said:
How do post play surveys work? I register something, wait a week and then get 10 coins right?

Yeah, the post-play survey shows up a week after registration and is worth 10 coins, except for 3DS retail games it's 20.

Davey Cakes

perfectchaos007 said:
Im at 520 for the year right now and have 16 surveys I can do. I guess I need to force myself to do 8 of them before June 30
No need to "force" yourself to do them. Just do them, and be thorough. I think the more thorough we all are with these surveys, the better. Club Nintendo becomes more respectable when the members actually put forth the effort, and if Nintendo notices the effort they made reward people even more for the dedication.

So, yeah, try to enjoy doing those surveys!

Clipper

RomanticHeroX said:
Wow, why are the Wii Select games worth so much? I just got 60 coins for registering the Wii Select version of Twilight Princess.
Thanks for confirming that. It proves that early registration counts for Wii Select, which was one of the mysteries I've been wanting solved.

For anyone else planning to use this, the early registration period ends either today or tomorrow, so get in quick if you want 70 instead of 60 coins for a Wii Select title (this includes the post-play survey).

Jme

Thanks for bumping this thread I was 20 points shy of platinum status and this reminded me to enter some codes, so now I'm set :)

krae_man

krae_man said:
Does anyone have some duplicate codes available for trade?

I have an extra Mario Kart DS, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Zelda Twilight Princess code.

I'm so close to getting that Game and Watch Ball.

Edit: Still 3 codes left to trade.

Still have some codes for trade.

MrDaravon

I know this is probably a stupid question and I am missing something obvious, but I went back several pages and still couldn't find the answer: is there any way to tell on your account exactly how many coins for 2009 that will be expiring that I should spend? I see the total coin activity per year, but unless I am completely blind it doesn't say I will lose X number of coins, it just shows the total # I earned that year (which is more than my total current balance).

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
perfectchaos007 said:
Im at 520 for the year right now and have 16 surveys I can do. I guess I need to force myself to do 8 of them before June 30
You might want to hold off until the last week just in case they spring a last minute general satisfaction survey that they have in the past. Can't hurt to wait as long as you don't forget.

Poyunch

SailorDaravon said:
I know this is probably a stupid question and I am missing something obvious, but I went back several pages and still couldn't find the answer: is there any way to tell on your account exactly how many coins for 2009 that will be expiring that I should spend? I see the total coin activity per year, but unless I am completely blind it doesn't say I will lose X number of coins, it just shows the total # I earned that year (which is more than my total current balance).
That just means none of your coins will be expiring any time soon.

Clipper

SailorDaravon said:
It is apparently really easy to see the expiry message, so yeah, you almost certainly aren't losing any. Could somebody that has one please tell us exactly where it is or post an image to make answering this question easier? To confirm, just take that total earned in 2009 and compare it to your total spend over the whole time (click on all three years and add up the negatives). If you have spent more coins than you earned in 2009, you won't have any expiring.

SickBoy

How do the Wii Select coins work, do they register as "Wii Select Zelda" or do they just register as "Zelda"?

Someone swapped me a Mario Super Sluggers code in a previous year. At $20 I would consider picking it up if I knew I'd get the points for it :) ...wouldn't mind trying the game, so I might do it either way, but the points would sure help convince me.

Jive Turkey said:
You might want to hold off until the last week just in case they spring a last minute general satisfaction survey that they have in the past. Can't hurt to wait as long as you don't forget.

True, and most of the surveys I have left are good for 3-5 more years. I'd prefer to save them considering all new surveys expire in a few weeks and it would be good to have some long lasting surveys in my back pocket in case I'm short just a few coins in the future for the next level. btw unless the WiiU releases before June 30, 2012 there is no way I'm getting platinum next year. And its going to be the first year I don't reach that plataeu :(

Busaiku

Shadowlink said:
Anyone waiting until the 30th of June to register Zelda? I don't want to risk it, but I already hit platinum. :/
I think you should register it as soon as possible so you don't miss out on the CD.

Clipper

SickBoy said:
How do the Wii Select coins work, do they register as "Wii Select Zelda" or do they just register as "Zelda"?

Someone swapped me a Mario Super Sluggers code in a previous year. At $20 I would consider picking it up if I knew I'd get the points for it :) ...wouldn't mind trying the game, so I might do it either way, but the points would sure help convince me.
Given that they have early registration bonuses, it is extremely likely that they count as something different to the original games.

Shadowlink said:
Oh well! The Awesome Zelda OST>30 coins haha
Actually, it's 40 or 50 coins, depending if you Intended to Buy or not. Still worth it, though.

zethren

Banned
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I read through the last few pages and didn't see it:

Is there any word on what this year's platinum reward is?

DDayton

New information...

1) The Nintendo Select titles -do- have the 10 point Early Registration bonus.

2) Nintendo Selects Wii Sports -does- have a registration code, good for the standard 50 coins.

3) You can register a game AND its Nintendo Selects version as separate titles.
I had already registered Mario Super Sluggers (someone swapped me a reg. code last year), but I was able to register my Nintendo Selects copy as well. It appears in the list as Mario Super Sluggers (Nintendo Selects).

4) You can "hold off" on registration of new Wii titles (I did it for Wii Sports), but it looks like new titles have a 7 day time frame. I registered Wii Sports but left the survey incomplete -- the expiration date for the survey is 06/18/2011.

I need to spend some coins. In theory, I could have saved some of these for registration in a few weeks, but such is life.

Clipper said:
Actually, it's 40 or 50 coins, depending if you Intended to Buy or not. Still worth it, though.
There are a bunch of games releasing next year, and I have a few games that I haven't registered yet. I think 40-50 coins wouldn't be a huge loss for the next year. The Zelda OST will be amazing though! I'm glad Nintendo is giving that out to those registering their games. :)

Clipper

zethren said:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I read through the last few pages and didn't see it:

Is there any word on what this year's platinum reward is?
There is never any official word. It could be the set of badges Japan got this time around:
mario1.jpg

But that's just a guess. As for every year, we won't know what it is until after the deadline.

DavidDayton said:
New information...

1) The Nintendo Select titles -do- have the 10 point Early Registration bonus.

2) Nintendo Selects Wii Sports -does- have a registration code, good for the standard 50 coins.

I had already registered Mario Super Sluggers (someone swapped me a reg. code last year), but I was able to register my Nintendo Selects copy as well. It appears in the list as Mario Super Sluggers (Nintendo Selects).

4) You can "hold off" on registration of new Wii titles (I did it for Wii Sports), but it looks like new titles have a 7 day time frame. I registered Wii Sports but left the survey incomplete -- the expiration date for the survey is 06/18/2011.

I need to spend some coins. In theory, I could have saved some of these for registration in a few weeks, but such is life.
Thanks for checking that. Only 2 & 3 are new, though. 4 is just the new survey timeouts. We already knew that games registered after March 25 have a week after registration unless you had already filled out an Intend to Buy survey for that game (if you had done the ItB, you still get the old 5 year expiry).

Oh, and here's another piece of new information. The website has been updated with info on the new Pokedex and Excitebike surveys. According to the terms and conditions, this will apply to every 3D Classic and 3DSWare game (not just the Nintendo ones).

Now we just have to wait for another day or two for the post play surveys to show up so we know how much we'll be getting for them...

SickBoy

DavidDayton said:

Thanks for confirming. It would've been easy for me to get something on DS if I just wanted to fill the gap for platinum, but it's nice to have a game on the list that's cheap and a little more intriguing...

Protip: Make friends with people who work at gamestop. My friend just snagged a bunch out of used games and I jumped from barely gold to platinum status last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom