• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The super duper pre-E3ton Wii / Revolution thread

koam

People new to this thread, all announced titles are edited into the main thread so there's no need to look through the entire thread if you're only looking for the game list.

Dump all your revolution crap in here, there's quite a bit of news trickling in lately and a lot of rumors too, it's kinda tiresome seeing a new thread opened for little speckle of info. At least until E3 is here and we get better info

Nintendo
-Donkey Kong
-Metroid Prime 3
-Nintendo Talent Studio
-Super Mario
-Super Smash Bros
-Nintendo Cooking
-Pilotwings
-Untitled NST FPS
-Untitled Racing Game
-Untitled Retro Studios Project
-Untitled Camelot Software Planning RPG
-Excitebike (rumored by Matt and Gaybrush)
-Tennis Game
-WarioWare

Ubisoft
-Red Steel
-Rayman: Raving Rabbids

Square Enix
-Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles II

Konami
-Elebits
-Untitled Kojima Productions Game

Sega
-Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
-Sonic Revolution

SNK
-Metal Slug Anthology

Capcom
-Untitled (non-RE) Survival Horror Game

Eidos
-Untitled Eidos Game

Namco-Bandai
-One Piece: Ultimate Adventure

Activision
-Call of Duty 3
-Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance
-Spiderman

EA
-Madden NFL
-NCAA Football '07
-NBA Live
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour
-FIFA Soccer
-NASCAR '07

Atari
-Dragon Ball Z Tenkiachi 2

Hudson Soft
-Flight Sim

Tecmo
-Skatto Golf Pangya Revolution

Atlus
-Trauma Center: Second Opinion.

Grasshopper Manufacture
-Untitled Grasshopper Game

Marvelous
-Harvest Moon Wii

THQ
-Pixar's Cars
-SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab

Midway
-Happy Feet
-The Ant Bully
-Blitz: The League

AGFRAG
- Bob Ross: Joy of Painting

koam said:
Now with more duper!

Dump all your revolution crap in here, there's quite a bit of news trickling in lately and a lot of rumors too, it's kinda tiresome seeing a new thread opened for little speckle of info. At least until E3 is here and we get better info

Here's some stuff to look forward to:

April 20th
IGN vs THE WORLD day

Why April 20th? This date has been floating around since Red Steel was unveiled. Game Informer has informed us (pun) that we will receive more information about Red Steel on that day. The rumor is that we will also get some more pictures and possibly a teaser video on this day. Also, Nintendo Power hits on that day and they've promissed a huge exclusive in this issue. IGN, still bitter that they didn't get a chance to play Red Steel is in a state of denial that we will get any information on or around that day. We shall see.

THQ Event Party
This happened on Monday night. So far, no leaks have happened and nor do I expect any to happen. Nintendo apparently wants companies to keep their mouths shut till E3 (Red Steel?) so we'll see what happens. More info and pics of this party can be found here: http://blogs.ign.com/matt-IGN

Didn't you also confirm a video would be out on the 20th?

Matt takes another shot at the print media in that blog lol. I think he's being sarcastic now:lol

ahmad

Banned
I hope that Nintendo bans EA from making any games on the revolution. I don't want EA to disgrace the revolution like they did with their half assed DS games.

EA will probably not even figure out a way to change the Madden series on the revolution other than throw the ball with the revolution controller.

EDIT: But as someone else mentioned, Nintendo needs EA.

ahmad said:
I hope that Nintendo bans EA from making any games on the revolution. I don't want EA to disgrace the revolution like they did with their half assed DS games.

EA will probably not even figure out a way to change the Madden series on the revolution other than throw the ball with the revolution controller.

That's one way to win. Ban the worlds largest 3rd party from developing for your system

ahmad said:

Oh come on, that's kinda weak. Ubisoft has made half assed DS games on a consistant basis as well - should Nintendo ban them from Revolution development too? Or what about Activision, who's DS games are crap (the majority at least)? In fact, why don't we ban ALL western developers except Vicarious Visions from DS development, since they all continue to create crap game after crap game!?!

Who's with me?

Currently there are plans to unveil certain information about Revolution prior to E3. However this still may change as NCL are being particularly indecisive at the moment.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Gaybrush Threepio said:
Currently there are plans to unveil certain information about Revolution prior to E3. However this still may change as NCL are being particularly indecisive at the moment.
Would that be game information or hardware information?

ahmad

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Oh come on, that's kinda weak. Ubisoft has made half assed DS games on a consistant basis as well - should Nintendo ban them from Revolution development too? Or what about Activision, who's DS games are crap (the majority at least)? In fact, why don't we ban ALL western developers except Vicarious Visions from DS development, since they all continue to create crap game after crap game!?!

Who's with me?

Western Developers seem to love dumping crap on the DS. And it seems that they are enjoying it (It must feel good).

ahmad

Banned
Roders5 said:
Would that be game information or hardware information?

No, it is even better. The bomb will finally be dropped

BTW: are you going to change your avatar to an explosion after E3???

Trurl

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
That's one way to win. Ban the worlds largest 3rd party from developing for your system
It's a good idea. It would drive EA nuts to be banned from a console and as soon as the ban is lifted EA would flood the Revolution with software.

If only Sega could have been this smart.

Trurl said:
It's a good idea. It would drive EA nuts to be banned from a console and as soon as the ban is lifted EA would flood the Revolution with software.

If only Sega could have been this smart.

Why would it drive them nuts? EA doesn't need Nintendo. If anything it'd piss them off and they wouldn't bother coming back even when Nintendo "let" them.

Gaybrush Threepio said:

Why are they always indecisive?:lol

Roders5

ahmad said:
No, it is even better. The bomb will finally be dropped

BTW: are you going to change your avatar to an explosion after E3???
That will depend if there is indeed a bomb dropped, and if that bomb explodes or just dies with a puff of smoke.

brandonh83 said:
el bomb zen peeetah

This topic is really going places.

panda.gif

prediction, not initiation

ziran

Issue 3 of Official Nintendo Magazine:
...Many developers are much further down the Revolution road than previously thought...

Issue 3 of Official Nintendo Magazine about issue 4 - June, due May 11th:
...seven prominent developers have spoken to NOM in confidence about their Revolution projects - 12 games in total... ...believe us when we say that the next few months will be very exciting...
...We're off to Japan to play Sega's next gen Nintendo games... ...Then back to the UK to see Activision's top secret Rev game...
From an interview with Lee Nutter, ONM's editor, about issue 4 at cubed3:
http://www.cubed3.com/news/4891
...LN: Issue 04 on sale 11 May is the one to look out for – it’s the one when we finally get to lift the lid on Revolution. We’re off to Japan shortly to play several Revolution games which will feature heavily in issue 04, plus we’ve been promised exclusive screens, information and developer interviews on many more Revolution games...

Issue 3 of Official Nintendo Magazine about issue 10, due October 27th:
...this is pretty much bound to be the issue in which we review the Revolution launch line-up...

koam

Tommy Tallarico confirms the playable Rev game from THQ..

Rev Controller was interesting but it didn't totally blow me away as some were expecting. Need to see more games for it I guess. It was running the new
SpongeBob
game from THQ. The coolest part was that the controller could be used it different ways for different gameplay mechanics and levels. For example, sometimes you would turn it on it's side as use it as a steering wheel. Other times you held it upright and used it like a flight stick. And another time you could use it like a hammer or pick-axe to destroy stuff. The game itself was running off the GameCube (with the Rev Controller) so I can't really comment on the graphics... they looked like an old GameCube game.

T.T.

http://boards.ign.com/xbox_360_general_board/b8266/105991322/p69

Roders5

Rev Controller was interesting but it didn't totally blow me away as some were expecting. Need to see more games for it I guess. It was running the new SpongeBob game from THQ.
And so it begins

The coolest part was that the controller could be used it different ways for different gameplay mechanics and levels. For example, sometimes you would turn it on it's side as use it as a steering wheel. Other times you held it upright and used it like a flight stick. And another time you could use it like a hammer or pick-axe to destroy stuff.
This a kids game and I really think kids will love that.

The game itself was running off the GameCube (with the Rev Controller) so I can't really comment on the graphics... they looked like an old GameCube game.
Hmmm.... any reason for this? Do they not have recent dev kits?

PhoenixDark said:
So would you be impressed by
SPONGBOB?
?

I personally love
SPONGBOB the show
, I think its a great comment on society. But I doubt it would be made into an amazing Revolution game. Who knows though.

TheKingsCrown said:
I personally love
SPONGBOB the show
, I think its a great comment on society. But I doubt it would be made into an amazing Revolution game. Who knows though.

The show is great, yeah. But these types of games have always sucked and been very poor quality wise. I highly doubt the revmote will magically make these types of tie in games good, or stop developers from being lazy

koam

A spongebob game... running on a gamecube.. what did you guys expect him to think of the rev? Sounds like THQ just now got on board. I want a damn wrestling game for the Rev.

Top Bottom