• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madonna's New Single: Give Me All Your Luvin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The alleged demo version of Madonna's new single, "Give Me All Your Love," has been making the rounds on the Web this morning (Nov. 8). Within a few hours, it was among one of the top 10 trending topics worldwide on Twitter.

http://www.billboard.com/news/madon...-all-your-love-single-listen-1005489352.story

giveme_501.jpg

Madonna has been very busy behind the scenes lately, prepping her upcoming album, which is due to be released in the spring of 2012. In September, the diva said its first single was going to be unveiled in either February or March.

Its awful

Lol.

Sounds like something from Avril Lavigne.

EDIT:
Nah, Avril Lavigne actually sounds better. Also why the random 8-bit sounds?

mr stroke

Madonna will never reach the levels of her 80's/90's awesomeness again. But this single is pretty good. Surprised

Wtf is this "l u v madonna" bullshit? The chorus is not that bad though. It's a demo, so it'll end up sounding better I guess.

However, that is not what I want from Madonna's new album. I don't want reject bubblegum pop b-side fillers. I want something awesome, like Ray of Light or Confessions on a Dance Floor. And she better not emulate what is "in", because then we end up with stuff like Hard Candy.

Let's hope she didn't just give a call to the producers of Gaga/Britney/..., but found some interesting (lesser known) musicians and producers to work with that can give the album some creativity and freshness.

mr stroke said:
Madonna will never reach the levels of her 80's/90's awesomeness again. But this single is pretty good. Surprised

Confessions on a Dance Floor>>>better then anything Gaga has ever done

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Almost as bad as Gaga's most recent album. People should know when to quit. (When's Cher coming back?)

black_13

Banned
Not bad, at least I can still stand to listen to her stuff on the radio. And yes this is better than the recent gaga shit as well.

zero_suit

tmarques said:
WTF happened to her lyrics? She could pen some decent stuff 20 years ago. You'd think she'd be writing more mature stuff at this point.

She's still trying to get a hit. Shame.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Madonna's always going to be one of the timeless queens of pop and I adore the majority of her work, but man, her last decade has been embarrassing. She went from unstoppable trendsetter to flailing wildly around trying to keep up. It's more than a little surreal to realize that Cyndi Lauper is having more a dignified late period career than Madonna.

tmarques

Cosmic Bus said:
Madonna's always going to be one of the timeless queens of pop

Well, I'm afraid she's tarnishing her legacy with this garbage.

I always thought she would really shine once she was too old to be competing with the flavours-of-the-month and did her thing without worrying whether it would be a hit or not. How wrong I was.

Ken Masters said:
Confessions on a Dance Floor>>>better then anything Gaga has ever done

indeed. No contest. And Ray of Light > dance floor and gaga's career.

Don't care too much for any other Madonna shit though.

The albums being produced by Ray of Lights William Orbit, so I was hopeful of a stellar moving masterpiece... This sounds like Hard Candy 2.0 which of itself isn't bad, but the lyrics literally mean nothing!

I like Madonna music when it has a soul, a fuck you attitude and balls... When hearing this, All I can think is this 53 year old woman is 53 and singing like a 17 year old.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Last decent single by Madonna was "Hung Up". This was terrible.

tmarques

So... anyone heard the other leak, Masterpiece? It has actual singing and writing... quite lovely, as a matter of fact. Maybe Madonna should stick to ballads.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So Madonna's official facebook feed has informed me that the video for her first new single, whatever it actually is, is currently filming... with M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj. Interest piqued and excitement legitimately beginning to rise.

"Masterpiece" is kinda nice, too, for whatever that's worth, but I'd be shocked if there's going to be anything like it on the new album proper.

MIA AND Nicki Minaj? You'd think those to would hate each other or some shit.

I don't like Nicki Minaj at all but this sounds like it could be an interesting result...or a disaster.

Madonna feat. MIA and Niki Minaj?

what the hell is the queen of fucking pop doing relying on guest features featuring flavor of the month Niki Minaj? Has she lost all dignity?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So Madonna's official facebook feed has informed me that the video for her first new single, whatever it actually is, is currently filming... with M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj. Interest piqued and excitement legitimately beginning to rise.

"Masterpiece" is kinda nice, too, for whatever that's worth, but I'd be shocked if there's going to be anything like it on the new album proper.

OMFG, you have giving me hype and shamed my original post

Koodo

Banned
Collaborating with Minaj and MIA is making me think the album will be full of terrible songs like the one that leaked. If that cheerleader shtick sounds misplaced and dated for Avril Lavigne, it's positively tragic for someone 50 years older.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
what the hell is the queen of fucking pop doing relying on guest features

Pop music is Leonard Shelby and she's unfortunately trying quite hard to stay relevant within the confines of that. I would doubt that Madge has it in her these days to put out anything as singular and defining as in the good ol' days, so she's gotta be content to get a few tunes in the club while people are still sort of paying attention, and then she can go sign a ten-year contract with Caesar's Palace or something.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
There have been some studio clips of Madge and M.I.A. recording the track, and it does sound pretty similar to the leaked demo. I'm still jazzed as all hell for the album because of the producers involved and that I feel like this will be more fun pop than her last couple of dancefloor albums, but this single isn't doing a lot for me.

Nicki Minaj, Cee-Lo and LMFAO are performing with her at the Super Bowl (she's doing "Gimme All Your Lovin'" "Vogue" "Music" and "Ray of Light").

Random: why the hell wasn't "Masterpiece" nominated at the Oscars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom