• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Effect

By the time I finish Skyward Sword I'll be able to make my determination if I'll finally bite and just import the game (along with The Last Story) and setup my Wii. I honestly didn't want to risk anything screwing up my ability to play SS. Just overly cautious that way. So far no issues from what I'm reading from other people so things should be in the clear. I figure by the time I'm done or get further in the game NoA will have said something regarding their plans for the first half of 2012. I think they are suppose to comment on that sometime in December. I've had a tiny bit of hope that they might still bring it over to have something in 2012. So hopefully something is said, if not oh well. I've been so busy though with other things since the game originally released that I haven't thought about it to much and the sting of not getting it has since long faded.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Levelled-up to 85 now. I think I could probably do with a couple more before returning to
Tephra Cave

I'd say 87 or 88 would be good, you can take out pretty much anything in there at that level. Then once you hit 93, Deinos Sauros! I was getting over 100k experience a kill on those even at level 98. And they drop really good gem shards.

GC|Simon

Oh dear... I'm very frustrated! End-game spoiler:
I was on level 78 and went to the final boss, Zanza. Dickson wasn't a problem, the ghosts in space went down within a minute. And the first phase of the final battle was also okay. But the second phase... I tried it a couple of times - no way. I reloaded my old save game and decided to grind...

So my questions are:
- Were are good places to grind from level 80 onwards?
- Where can I find quests qhich will give me tons of EP?
- Where can I buy technique books for Dunban and Sharla?
- Any hints for the last battle?
- Any other hints?

Thank you very much for your support in advance. I want to beat this game as soon as possible since I need to do stuff for university and all that...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh dear... I'm very frustrated! End-game spoiler:
I was on level 78 and went to the final boss, Zanza. Dickson wasn't a problem, the ghosts in space went down within a minute. And the first phase of the final battle was also okay. But the second phase... I tried it a couple of times - no way. I reloaded my old save game and decided to grind...

So my questions are:
- Were are good places to grind from level 80 onwards?
- Where can I find quests qhich will give me tons of EP?
- Where can I buy technique books for Dunban and Sharla?
- Any hints for the last battle?
- Any other hints?

Thank you very much for your support in advance. I want to beat this game as soon as possible since I need to do stuff for university and all that...

Windy Cave on Bionis Leg to 80-81. From there
Alcamoth from 80 to about 88 or so, you'll want to main Shulk around for the (Shield+Purge on occasion) and maybe Sharla. After that, you can hit up the new part of Tephra Cave and fight those enemies, and as you hit 93 Deinos Sauros give great experience.

There aren't many good quests at that point, most of what is available (apart from old quests obviously) is post-game stuff you probably can't tackle just yet.

For the last battle,
level 80 is good for it, take out his helpers quick so they can't do chain attacks. That's about it, I didn't find the battle hard. Used Shulk (main), Fiora (speed tank), and Sharla.
And remember to keep a save from the point of no return, because once you beat the final boss you can't continue from that file again to do post-game stuff if you save over it. It goes straight to NG+.

Don't remember where to buy art books, I know Sharla had some in the refuge though.

Oxx

I beat the last boss first time @ 81. I can't quite remember if I used
Sharla or Fiora alongside Melia (Main) and Shulk.
Lots of topples and combos make it pretty easy.

But a quick and easy exp. boost is to go into the new parts of Tephra Cave and find the new landmarks. You'll have to run away from a lot of high-level enemies, but I'm sure there's a decent amount of exp. to plunder.

tinders

I've put off facing the final boss to level up and finish off as many quests as I can. Just been kicking around Alcomoth - went from Lvl 79 - 84 in about an hour. The team of Shulk, Melia and 7th were absolutely beastly - taking down enemies 7 & 8 levels above like it ain't no thing.

Gonna enjoy hitting up Tephra Cave after this too - I've already done the suicide run to find the landmarks, was quite a rush at Lvl 70ish.

Really want to find out what the 7th & 8th Monado Arts are. Probably gonna have to look that up.

Have absolutely loved my time with Xenoblade - best game I've played this gen - but I need it to finish - just a bit burnt out. Gotta recharge before I get Zelda at Xmas, otherwise I won't enjoy that.

Can't wait to see what MonolithSoft come up with next. Having played Disaster, BK & BKO back to back to back before Xenoblade, I'm feeling much love towards them at the moment. One of my favorite devs - absolutely criminal that their games don't get worldwide releases.

Fingers crossed Reyn gets his hands on Sharla sometime during the ending :)

Luigiv

Really want to find out what the 7th & 8th Monado Arts are. Probably gonna have to look that up.

They are:
Eater and Armour.

To get them:
Eater is obtained by completing all of Lupa's subquests whilst Armour is obtained by completing Eleqa's subquests.

Lupa's story is a touch drawn out and Eater isn't all that handy but Eleqa's quests are ridiculously easy and can be completed in no time and Armour is incredibly useful. Lupa can be found in Frontier Village on the archaeology level at night-time whilst Eleqa can be found right outside the Hidden Village during the daytime, btw.

I saw the final boss done at 77 on youtube (not got link ATM). It seems the thing you want to do is
They used Shulk, 7th and Sharla (well actually Mellia was used instead for the first form, lack of good healing made it a close call). Play it safe. Don't use chain attacks as you might need the party gauge for revival (it is a shame looking at the full gauge though). Likewise with the Monado only use armour and only when a vision triggers (note: you might need to rarely use Purge on the summons) or maybe when you miss the QTE for vision

The Hermit

If my memory is not fuzzy I think I beated him around lvl76 and 77. I actually had a harder time with
Dickson.
One of the things I love this game so much is that there wasn't a single obligatory fight in this game (not counting super strong uniques) that made me want to grind... actually it made me want to change the party or strategy.
That is exactly why you can beat a 98 dinos with a party around lvl 40...

GC|Simon

Level 85, 67 hours and 55 minutes played and ready for new game plus!
I was finally able to kill
Zanza

What a great ending. What a fantastic game. I'm so glad that I bought it back in August. More impressions coming later.

I recently entered
Mechonis Field
and I gotta say the game lost a lot of it's charm at that point. I'm even toying with the idea of leaving the game unfinished at this point. I'm at LV 58 and currently it feels like an endless grind of stupid and meaningless shit. Does the story pick up again, or is it straight up grinding till the finale from there on out. I also don't really see how people like Melia. What a worthless character in battle. She's useless when controlled by the AI and her attacks are laughably weak as well. 7th seems to be quite usefull, allthough I still need to get the hang of it.

Yeah, if you want Melia on your team you really should be the one controlling her. And you've got at least 20 levels to gain and several new areas to see before the end. There are a ton of shocking! revelations! and story twists between where you are and the endgame, so if you're worried about the story slowing down, don't be.
I have to admit, I was underwhelmed by the game from that point on, though.

The good thing about playing with different characters is that experience gains are relatively stable, so you can get practice in while you level up.

Oxx

If you're getting tired of grinding through all the metal enemies at that point, it might be worth taking a breather. I played Xenoblade in three roughly-30-hour chunks, with a week or so's gap between them, and I'm sure that made my experience more enjoyable.

/redundantinfo
Yeah you're in the dull part of the game. You essentially go through the same area (#)
times, each time having none of the diversity of other bits of the game. Story still has some life left in it when you get through that.

But if you're getting tired of the game best take a break a break and beat it refreshed and enjoy yourself than be burnt out and bitter.

I'd contest laughtably weak regarding Melia too. Well actually, Summon Aqua is laughably weak (I know you're supposed to use to top off HP after healing gift but sorry fans, those artes don't make Melia into a reliable healer so are not worth AP or palette space). Summon Bolt, you have it at Advanced level (if not find;
second treasury in high entia tomb
) so throw AP into that. It being electic element means the gems that boost that damage apply (not the ones that add 50 electric damage to physical hit the add x% ones). Melia worked a lot better when I had her palette like so:
Summon bolt, wind, copy, Starlight kick, spear break, hypnosis, mind blast, (the other super power talent gauge full one)
Bolt has fast cooldown and copy is a good backup for keeping elements summoned and ready to go. Though to be honest I still don't find her much fun to control.

Also at that point in the game I seem to recall double attack gems being the way I played which favours Dunban, Shulk and 7th a lot.

I recently entered
Mechonis Field
and I gotta say the game lost a lot of it's charm at that point. I'm even toying with the idea of leaving the game unfinished at this point. I'm at LV 58 and currently it feels like an endless grind of stupid and meaningless shit. Does the story pick up again, or is it straight up grinding till the finale from there on out. I also don't really see how people like Melia. What a worthless character in battle. She's useless when controlled by the AI and her attacks are laughably weak as well. 7th seems to be quite usefull, allthough I still need to get the hang of it.
The world is a juxtaposition of machina/nature, it's a central theme of the game and I can admire the vision, alas the game is at its best when exploring the natural areas.

Kamek

FUCK ME :(

I accidentally bricked then unbricked my Wii, but my file was lost. I have my Wii again, thankfully, but I put SO MUCH into this fucking game :( I absolutely love it. Best RPG I've played since I was a kid and played FF3 on SNES and FF7 on PSX. I haven't read any spoilers and I've been doing all the quests and having so much fun but now it feels all for naught. I'm up to where
you have to fight Gadolt the second time after reaching the city where Egil supposedly is
. It'll be so hard to grind all the way back there again, especially with my limited time. Sorry for bitching, I just needed to really vent. I'm so upset.

FUCK ME :(

I accidentally bricked then unbricked my Wii, but my file was lost. I have my Wii again, thankfully, but I put SO MUCH into this fucking game :( I absolutely love it. Best RPG I've played since I was a kid and played FF3 on SNES and FF7 on PSX. I haven't read any spoilers and I've been doing all the quests and having so much fun but now it feels all for naught. I'm up to where
you have to fight Gadolt the second time after reaching the city where Egil supposedly is
. It'll be so hard to grind all the way back there again, especially with my limited time. Sorry for bitching, I just needed to really vent. I'm so upset.

As the game has no online component, you could try finding a save file that's at or near where you're at and using it. It won't be exactly the same, of course, but it's an option if you don't want to go through the entire game again.

Oxx

There's only so many stereotypical video game locations they could use. I guess they could have sneaked an underwater world in there somewhere, though.

/redundantinfo
Yeah you're in the dull part of the game. You essentially go through the same area (#)
times, each time having none of the diversity of other bits of the game. Story still has some life left in it when you get through that.

But if you're getting tired of the game best take a break a break and beat it refreshed and enjoy yourself than be burnt out and bitter.

I'd contest laughtably weak regarding Melia too. Well actually, Summon Aqua is laughably weak (I know you're supposed to use to top off HP after healing gift but sorry fans, those artes don't make Melia into a reliable healer so are not worth AP or palette space). Summon Bolt, you have it at Advanced level (if not find;
second treasury in high entia tomb
) so throw AP into that. It being electic element means the gems that boost that damage apply (not the ones that add 50 electric damage to physical hit the add x% ones). Melia worked a lot better when I had her palette like so:
Summon bolt, wind, copy, Starlight kick, spear break, hypnosis, mind blast, (the other super power talent gauge full one)
Bolt has fast cooldown and copy is a good backup for keeping elements summoned and ready to go. Though to be honest I still don't find her much fun to control.

Also at that point in the game I seem to recall double attack gems being the way I played which favours Dunban, Shulk and 7th a lot.

It just feels like at this point they've decided to put in more filler than content. I mean there were some nice revelations allready, but at this point the story just went from (hell yeah lets attack to... well yeah I guess we should keep walking around doing some damage and maybe get back on track with the story sometimes later.)

It's a shame really cause the first 20 to 30 hours were like a rollercoaster. Sadly the game still shows some of the worst of JRPG design with filler content now.

And yeah I figured that you have to control Melia yourself, but I rather use Sharla to heal those incompetent AI fools.

Zornica

Banned
post contains lvl ~55 spoilers

I don't know how many times i said it already, but I will say it once again:
you don't need to heal anyone, and you don't need a healer. the only reason why you need a healer is because you got sharla in your party and she slows everything down. shulks light heal or rikis group heal is more than sufficent for everything. I even beat the lvl 120 dragon with just shulks light heal. more damage dealer = more damage = enemy goes down a lot faster = less heal needed.
just have faith and try it. :p

also: I cant understand all that
mechonis
hate going on. I really enjoyed that part of the game because it was a great contrast and change of pace. Also the music and atmosphere was much better on
mechonis
. Everytime I see those
pistons
moving in the background it gives me the chills. Its probably my love for mechanic/sci-fi/steam punk thingies

Zwei

mechonis
hate going on. I really enjoyed that part of the game because it was a great contrast and change of pace. Also the music and atmosphere was much better on
mechonis
. Everytime I see those
pistons
moving in the background it gives me the chills. Its probably my love for mechanic/sci-fi/steam punk thingies

Wow , what ? People are bashing
Mechonis
? It was my favourite part of the game as well.

So. Damn. Good.

GC|Simon

After beating the game a few hours ago I sorted my thoughts and will try to write down some kind of short review:

STORY
The game's story is pretty good. It starts slow and accelerates later. There are several revelations and turnarounds which is pretty nice. I like that the story has some kind of message. All games should have that because otherwise games will never be socially accepted as a form of art. The story telling is also pretty good. The sequences are in in-game graphics and the game never feels like a movie. Luckily, there are not quick time events.

GAMEPLAY
Real time combat. Works very, very well. There are a couple of characters. Most of them have their unique style which brings variety into the experience. There is also no completely useless character. I think that you can beat the game with pretty much every combination based on your personal style. Beside the battles, the game offers tons of sidequests. Most are very simple but there are also some interesting ones. There are several cities with a lot NPCs. Though, most of them are anonymous. The controls are great. I played with Wiimote and Nunchuck - it always felt good.

WORLD
The world is huge and very impressive. I remember arriving on Bionis' leg after maybe 10 hours seeing the first time Mechonis. That was a holy shit feeling... There are a few fantastic locations (Bionis leg, Makna forest & frontier village, central factory, fallen arm) and a few solid ones (Mechnois Halls, ether mine, ...). The game offers an incredible amount of variety. Based on this experience, the game feels like a real, long adventure.

GRAPHICS & SOUND
I played the game on a 42" Plasma from Panasonic and overall it looked fantastic. The developers show that creativity is the only limitation. Yes, there are some bad textures and the characters are not looking very nice... but honestly, who cares? There are huge areas and there are nearly no loading times. Fantastic job, Monolith.
The soundtrack is supposed to be one of the best soundtracks ever. It adds in perfectly.

CONCLUSION
Xenoblade Chronicles is the best jRPG this century and maybe the best 3D jRPG ever. Compared to other games there is a lot of progress (save anytime everywhere, all characters level up, etc.). It's clearly the new benchmark. Unfortunately, it may be overlooked since it is a Wii game and there is no NA release. All I can say is: Buy the game. You won't regret it.

thomaser

I have a question about a quest pretty late in the game:
There's a quest ("For My Loved One...") where a machina on digit 2 on the Fallen Arm wants you to climb up to the Distant Fingertip and find something for his girlfriend. She is staying in the machina refuge on Mechonis Field. My problem is that I played a bit too far, and can no longer enter Mechonis Field. The quest has disappeared from my quest list, and the guy doesn't mention it anymore, only that Mechonis has started to move and that he's afraid for his girlfriend. Am I unable to do this quest now?

Clevinger

Whew. Finally done!

Enough has been said about the many positives Xenoblade achieves, so to save you all from regurgitating those comments, I'll list things I didn't like. :p

-Exposition is typically awful for the majority of the game and the constant "uplifting" friendship monologues were so goddamn grating.

- Most of the game's cast are horribly underused, being essentially mute throughout the game's story segments and lacking anything resembling an arc. Their personalities came through quite strongly in battle, which made it even more disappointing to see them dissapear otherwise.

I agree with these. By the end, I realized that I didn't care about any of the characters at all. None of them felt like they had any depth, and I loathed the constant stream of uplifting monologues.

ENDING SPOILERS
I hated the way they handled Fiora especially. Here you had an interesting scenario of your childhood friend/your sister who you loved dearly coming back to life, in a way, but she's basically a new person. She doesn't remember any of you. It was bittersweet and could have led to some good drama. Then they go, "Nope, I remember everything!" And not only that, but one of those machine people says they can restore her body back to normal too, and of course that happens in the ending where everything is neatly tied into a positive bow.

This is definitely one of my favorite games of the generation, but a lot of the story stuff eventually fell flat for me.

My favorite thing though was the scale of the world. I was awestruck every time I would look over a cliff and see the Mechonis looming in the distance, or other parts of the Bionis, or the sword. It was so, so awesome. The only other game to impress me with scale like this was Xenogears.

you don't need to heal anyone, and you don't need a healer. the only reason why you need a healer is because you got sharla in your party and she slows everything down. shulks light heal or rikis group heal is more than sufficent for everything. I even beat the lvl 120 dragon with just shulks light heal. more damage dealer = more damage = enemy goes down a lot faster = less heal needed.

mechonis
mechonis
. Everytime I see those
pistons

It's really not the environment itself that I'm hating, but the slow pace of the game right now. It's falling in the same trap that has destroyed so many JRPGs for me.
FILLER Content. Right now the story feels to be very very burned out and out of motivation. Especially with Shulk being a debbie downer about understanding everyone. Hell he's not even mad about
what they did to Fiora and her body... he's just understanding everyone and wants a peacefull solution to everything... fuck that
At this point I think I would enjoy working out a treaty with
Egil
and call it a day. The story has lost all motivation and if it weren't for the interesting environments I probably would leave the game and never return to it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's really not the environment itself that I'm hating, but the slow pace of the game right now. It's falling in the same trap that has destroyed so many JRPGs for me.
FILLER Content. Right now the story feels to be very very burned out and out of motivation. Especially with Shulk being a debbie downer about understanding everyone. Hell he's not even mad about
what they did to Fiora and her body... he's just understanding everyone and wants a peacefull solution to everything... fuck that
At this point I think I would enjoy working out a treaty with
Egil
and call it a day. The story has lost all motivation and if it weren't for the interesting environments I probably would leave the game and never return to it.

I think you'll change your mind once you get to the next big story segment, it should be too far off. But that's kind of the problem with the second half of the game, the story takes a backseat for a while, and it's not as open or interesting than the first half. It didn't bother me at all because I enjoyed the combat and environment, and just pushing through from area to area without sidequests or anything really doesn't take that long. But I guess I can see why some people might find it annoying.

The C
entral Factory
probably could have been skipped altogether, just go from M
echonis Field
to A
gniritha
. I don't recall any noteworthy events there.

mechonis
mechonis
. Everytime I see those
pistons

Yeah, Sharla really isn't necessary, I used her a lot more than I should have though. Did beat all the optional bosses without her, party was Shulk, Dunban, 7th and I chewed threw all of them easier than I expected.

I haven't played this, but I had played the three PS2 games and the original PS1. Does this continue the storyline or is it something entirely different?

Eusis

I haven't played this, but I had played the three PS2 games and the original PS1. Does this continue the storyline or is it something entirely different?
Entirely different: It was named Monado initially for a reason. And Xenosaga and Xenogears aren't officially linked and have quite a few details that'd make them hard to link anyway.

I'm almost done. I'm still not quite sure if I should finish or go for the optional stuff.
I mainly want to find out what's in that ruin in Valak, I just need to get the last Giant item in Tephra Cave.

Oxx

I'm almost done. I'm still not quite sure if I should finish or go for the optional stuff.
I mainly want to find out what's in that ruin in Valak, I just need to get the last Giant item in Tephra Cave.

There's a ruin in Valak? Interesting...

Now I have Skyward Sword I should be desperate to play it, right? But part of me can't bring myself to let go of Xenoblade after 110 hours.

Finished the game, what a ride it was. I still have a lot of things to do though.

The explanation about the Bionis and the Mechonis were the only things to host life in a huge ocean was impressive. The fact the old universe was our universe was pretty shocking, like with Alvis being an AI computer. I expected to see KOS-MOS out of nowhere for a second there.

But I'll continue finishing the sidequests and stuff in my file before the point of no return. Monado III is nice and all, but not enough to do all the sidequests again, especially Colony 6 (Which I still haven't finished).

Ydahs

This game goes on forever. I'm at the 57 hour mark and just arrived at the
Mechon Capital
. Surely that's near the end? It feels that way. My backlog just keeps on growing, so I really need to get a move on.

So far, it is my game of the generation and quite possibly my favourite JRPG of all time (still need to replay Chrono Cross to make sure). I can't believe how NoA denied their userbase this gem.

Is there anything to be done post game? Like quests and such? I'd like to end up taking down a lot of the 90+ level enemies and complete the Collectopedia once I'm done clearing a bit of my backlog.

This game goes on forever. I'm at the 57 hour mark and just arrived at the
Mechon Capital
. Surely that's near the end? It feels that way. My backlog just keeps on growing, so I really need to get a move on.

So far, it is my game of the generation and quite possibly my favourite JRPG of all time (still need to replay Chrono Cross to make sure). I can't believe how NoA denied their userbase this gem.

Is there anything to be done post game? Like quests and such? I'd like to end up taking down a lot of the 90+ level enemies and complete the Collectopedia once I'm done clearing a bit of my backlog.

If you just arrived there, you have several hours to go. You're going through the game at a pretty brisk clip; I was at
Eryth Sea
at around the 57 hour mark, so I don't know how long it'll take you to get to the final boss. You have a few major areas left.

The problem with your last question is that there is no "post" game, unless you count New Game +. There is a point of no return before the final part of the game and you can't return to the world once the credits roll, so you have to do everything you want to do before the end of the game or do it in an entirely new game. Before the final area the game opens up quite a bit and there are several optional places to explore, a number of new quests (and questlines), and various things to do. My advice: take your time! Soak it in. If you think "eh, maybe I'll wait to do this stuff in the NG+", it'll likely never happen.

Ydahs

If you just arrived there, you have several hours to go. You're going through the game at a pretty brisk clip; I was at
Eryth Sea
at around the 57 hour mark, so I don't know how long it'll take you to get to the final boss. You have a few major areas left.

The problem with your last question is that there is no "post" game, unless you count New Game +. There is a point of no return before the final part of the game and you can't return to the world once the credits roll, so you have to do everything you want to do before the end of the game or do it in an entirely new game. Before the final area the game opens up quite a bit and there are several optional places to explore, a number of new quests (and questlines), and various things to do. My advice: take your time! Soak it in. If you think "eh, maybe I'll wait to do this stuff in the NG+", it'll likely never happen.

Thanks for the reply. Will I know when I reach the point of no return? I'll just create a new save file just before that point, complete the game on the original save file and if I ever feel like coming back and doing side quests, I'll always have that option.

As much as I'd love to, I don't think I can take my time with it at the moment with Uncharted 3, Skyrim and Zelda yet to be touched (even though I doubt I'll enjoy any of them as much as I did this).

Thanks for the reply. Will I know when I reach the point of no return? I'll just create a new save file just before that point, complete the game on the original save file and if I ever feel like coming back and doing side quests, I'll always have that option.

Yep, you'll know exactly when you reach the point of no return. There is quite literally a bit of dialogue along the lines of "Are you absolutely sure you want to continue? We won't be able to come back." You can just say no, save, and then continue to finish the game.

AniHawk said:
welp, just got my copy. looks like after zelda it's time to finally ruin my wii forever.
You mean enhance.

Feep

Banned
Fuck
Gadolt
(Level 66-68 spoilers). Fuck him fuck him fuck him.

That fucking Quick Bullet attack is unblockable, Shield is useless, and routinely kills two of my three party members. If I'm lucky, I have the party gauge to revive, but even when I do, occasionally the third character will die before he or she can even run to the others' position.

Fuck.

Fuck
Gadolt
(Level 66-68 spoilers). Fuck him fuck him fuck him.

That fucking Quick Bullet attack is unblockable, Shield is useless, and routinely kills two of my three party members. If I'm lucky, I have the party gauge to revive, but even when I do, occasionally the third character will die before he or she can even run to the others' position.

Fuck.

Wait, is that the fight with
the long corridor and Gadolt at the end of it? If it is, simply hang out behind those giant blockades scattered around when he charges up his attack, and use the other enemies to build your party gauge. He's a cinch once you reach him.

Otherwise, gems/levels/armor/etc. And what's your party?

Feep

Banned
Wait, is that the fight with
the long corridor and Gadolt at the end of it? If it is, simply hang out behind those giant blockades scattered around when he charges up his attack, and use the other enemies to build your party gauge. He's a cinch once you reach him.

Otherwise, gems/levels/armor/etc. And what's your party?
Uh, no. The next one. Armor's a healthy mix of Agni, Agrius, Reclaimed, some others...using Shulk, 7th, and Sharla. Gems on Shulk for Strength/Damage, Gems on 7th for Aggro/HP, Gems on Sharla for Ether. Level 65 across the board, might have to grind a bit...

Uh, no. The next one. Armor's a healthy mix of Agni, Agrius, Reclaimed, some others...using Shulk, 7th, and Sharla. Gems on Shulk for Strength/Damage, Gems on 7th for Aggro/HP, Gems on Sharla for Ether. Level 65 across the board, might have to grind a bit...

Oh ok, sorry. If you're using Shulk, I would recommend taking off gems for strength/damage and focusing on agility (try to get it as high as you can), haste, and using the rest to either boost the rate at which your Talent Art gauge fills or damage/strength. That way you can have him auto-attack and abuse his Monado arts while 7th goes crazy on him.

Otherwise, yeah, leveling always works very, very well.

H
idden Village
. Another thing is at some point, there are 2 shops there one of which has a useful amour (with bulit in
haste V
). I think also the shop in M
echonis field
and wasn't there one in A
gnitharia
but I think in both cases those might sell similar stuff to the ones I mentioned previously.

Feep

Banned
Okay, my mouth just fucking DROPPED during the
final Egil battle
(Level 70-72 spoilers), where you suddenly get a vision of
THE MECHONIS DESTROYING THE BIONIS FOR INFINITY DAMAGE.
I laughed, paused the game, and came to post this. Wow. = D

Ydahs

Oh man, the last five or so hours of the game are crazy. I couldn't stop playing because I kept on thinking I reached the end. Ended up playing six hours straight and I think I'm finally up to the final area (
inside the Bionis
)

Is level 69 too low for the final area? The enemies are a higher level than me, but I can still take them down easily. Eh, a challenge is welcome anyway :)

Top Bottom