• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Robot Pants

Got this game a couple of days ago. Amazing.
Loving everything so far.....EXCEPT that aiming. But reading through this thread, apparently it's a known problem and a patch is coming. Thank God it wasn't just me. It's kinda ruining an otherwise great gaming experience.
That chateau, man.....god damn.

Xun

Got this game a couple of days ago. Amazing.
Loving everything so far.....EXCEPT that aiming. But reading through this thread, apparently it's a known problem and a patch is coming. Thank God it wasn't just me. It's kinda ruining an otherwise gaming experience.
That chateau, man.....god damn.
I'm weirdly not hating the aiming as much as I thought I would.

It's not as good, but it's not that big of a deal for me.

jax (old)

Banned
Excellent, the game got stuck in the spinning ring loading screen when starting a game.

Don't release unfinished builds again, ND, plz.

Im actually going to say its your ps3 or the disc. I'm now up to about 50+ hours and I've maybe crashed... maybe once? Maybe not even? I've had connection/game connection problems (less than 10 times) but crashing/not loading. Not that I can recall

JB1981

Is there a GAF clan or crew for this game? Or a chatroom? I am getting the hang of things and want to play with a group. I still think the health is crazy high and the recoil on guns is too strong

jax (old)

Banned
depends. lots of people seem to play it on my end but the matchmaking can sometimes take awhile. I'm thinking numbers might be down on U2 in its prime but you can't tell. Only ND knows. It did take me a while to find some MP games some times.

Ricky_R

Im actually going to say its your ps3 or the disc. I'm now up to about 50+ hours and I've maybe crashed... maybe once? Maybe not even? I've had connection/game connection problems (less than 10 times) but crashing/not loading. Not that I can recall

Mine froze there too. Playing MP though.

Maffis

Just finished it.

This game really suffered from uneven difficulty. I played on normal but goddamn if I didn't think the game accidentally put in crushing by mistake sometimes. So many moments where you got swarmed by dudes (especially the heavies) that just threw grenades everywhere, all the snipers and rocket launchers and the forced melee... then later you only fought like 2-3 light enemies which made it all a breeze.

The game is quite easy until chapter 11
the ship graveyard
when it suddenly gets crazy hard. Wtf.

Still, I enjoyed the game a lot, but because of this uneven difficulty I got quite frustrated a lot and the overall experience plummeted. The aiming might be a reason for this too. It felt really stiff.

The graphics, art, sound/music and the set-pieces was superb, but it was pretty much just this that kept me going :/ I really fought the gameplay was kind of a chore. Story was OK, nothing awesome but still entertaining. I liked the focus on the relationship with Sully.

Overall I agree with Eurogamer's score of 8/10, but not because of the cinematic linearity, but because of the quite average and frustrating gameplay.

JB1981

The CQC in the multiplayer really is dogshit, main thing holding the gameplay back. Gotta
be something they can do to improve the smg hipfire spam and melee bullshit

jett

D-Member
Looks like it's time for me to finally buy the game.

Is motion blur in?

DAT MOTION BLUR is back

someone at ND really screwed up regarding the retail build. I wonder if anything else besides this and the aiming was changed. ND said it was a "massive" patch.

Robot Pants

Wow. Thank God they patched this. The shooting was really ruining the game for me. I got to
middle of the desert
and said, "I'm not gonna finish this til they patch it. Well I guess they patched it while I was playing.
Went back, and it's night and day difference. I'm gonna immediately replay the whole game once I finish this first playthrough and enjoy it this time.
I feel bad for anyone who has this game but doesn't have their PS3 hooked up to the internet (the 12 people).

Interstellar

Neo Member
Awesome patch! - diagonal aiming and sensitivity feels right like U2 and mp (tested chapter 5) and the motion blur is back (chapter 20 looks great with motion blur)

The new aiming should be the default aiming instead of hidden in the options.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Uncharted 3 – Patch 1.02

Single Player

General

Movie cutscene viewer added (in the Bonuses menu, Single-Player only)
Technical

Fixed the missing Motion Blur effects (for Single Player only)
“Alternate Aim Settings” added to the Options menu under Camera options (for Single Player only)

Multiplayer

General

Settings bug fixed: all controls being set to flipped mode setting will no longer change all controls back to default
Gameplay

Medal streaks won’t reset if the host migrates to another user
Blindfire targeting adjusted so that opposing players past a certain vertical angle above and below won’t be hit. :)
Allow grenade throw while scoped
Tuned Pull Down range from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters :)
Lowered the player running speed when players run ‘n gun by approximately 15%
Slightly increased the turn radius of run ‘n gun
Slightly decreased the turning speed during Sprint :)
Technical

Fixed an infrequent hunter spawning issue in Hunter Arena when the match round switches
Fixed several cinema crashes
Locked fast-forwarding on convoy sequence in Airstrip TDM and train sequence on London Underground TDM to 3x maximum in Cinema Mode
Fixed certain cameras in Kick Offs and Pull Downs
Fixed a late join skin bug with locked content
Fixed a split-screen Buddy treasure pickup bug
Fixed duplicate medal problem causing bad tabulation of a few medals to the player’s career stats :) hope that means no more dupes
User Interface

Objective points now show up in the player’s Competitive statistics tab instead of the Cooperative statistics tab
Added a Facebook Sign Out option
Added the Add Friend functionality in the Facebook tab
Fixed voice icon for mics not appearing in Matchmaking lobby
Adding missing weapon stats tracking for certain weapons that were not being recorded to the player stats
Fix for not displaying the entire Online ID within the “Players” column of any leaderboard.
Fix for a user having an online ID containing fifteen or more characters created in uppercase format and actively using a voice comm device.
Server

Matchmaking now waits for double the number of players in the biggest party in the room to be present before starting a game (to prevent parties from being split frequently)
Players no longer able to join party that is already in Matchmaking why?

JB1981

Hit detection in SP is still weird

And now I'm stuck at chateau learning grenade tutorial ... Seems like a bug ... What the fuuuuuuck

Top Bottom