• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 preorder bonuses (GS/Origin) [Up4: Planet scanning gone]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
406967_342312429129696_136219176405690_1242266_1631078898_n.jpg

Yeah, that episode of Pulse did nothing for me.

Hopefully some media comes out of this episode of GTTV to get me excited. It'll probably be more action heavy footage like they showed at the VGAs though.

I preordered day 1 on Amazon. I am a shotgun using Vanguard. You telling me that since i preordered on Amazon i do not get the Shotgun? Sucks if it is the strongest one in the game! :-(

I preordered day 1 on Amazon. I am a shotgun using Vanguard. You telling me that since i preordered on Amazon i do not get the Shotgun? Sucks if it is the strongest one in the game! :-(

Amazon must have a bonus being revealed soon. So I'd hold of on changing... for now.

Every time I get hyped about this game they make a big deal about how they want it to be the perfect place for new players to start and I just die a little inside.

I really don't understand why they keep mentioning that in all their marketing that's directed towards their core community. Even if the statement is true, nobody new to the Mass Effect series would be watching Bioware Pulse. It's only going to irk the core Mass Effect fans.

"It's the perfect place to start" only makes sense if they're trying to sell the game to shareholders or casuals. No casuals are watching Bioware Pulse.

This did nothing to assuage my fears.

For one thing, bragging about how many more writers you have means nothing when a smaller writing team on ME1 delivered a much better story than the larger writing team on ME2.

"We want this to be THE movie.... we want people to pick it up for the first time."

Then maybe you should not have made it THE movie.

I dislike Mac Walters. He acts like writers have so much power in these situations and don't need to react to design decisions.

rozay

Banned
Amazon must have a bonus being revealed soon. So I'd hold of on changing... for now.

Nope, look on their ME3 pages and they list the Argus only. Debating if I should just go ahead and pre order at gamestop and cancel my amazon CE.

Also, the demo FAQ mentioned the entitlements are not cross platform.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
I think there's a FAQ on the Amalur page saying you specifically can't do that
dang :(
http://reckoning.amalur.com/en/r/faq#faq-reckoning-mass-effect
If I buy Mass Effect 3 or Reckoning on a different platform than I played the demos, will I still get the Reckoning & Mass Effect 3 Crossover items?

No, you must purchase Mass Effect 3 and Reckoning on the same platform that you played the demo on, and unlocked the demo crossover items for, in order to get items.

inky

It's usually just an account entitlement, so it should.

My accounts entitlements don't let me use my PC purchased DLC on my 360 version of ME2 and vice versa. It doesn't work that way.

Edit: dumb me, answered since yesterday.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Have they mentioned if they are bringing back some RPG elements they had in the original for ME3?

What i heard is that we're back to 60 levels and we'll have more talent points than in ME2(although not as much as in ME1 i think). I THINK XP per kill will come back too.

No idea what's happening about loot though.

Went to my local GameStop just now and they've already stopped taking pre-orders on the CE set.

Guess I'll stick with Amazon and forget about the N7 armor & gun set.

Symphonic

I'm always tempted to pick up the CE for games, but then I remember that I got Dead Space 2 CE for 20 bucks like 3 months after the game launched and I'm good.

Jeramii

Banned
Can anyone help me out here?

I played Mass Effect 1 and 2 on 360 with every single mission completed possible. Hit level 60 in ME1, and level 30 in ME2. But I really really want to pay ME3 on PC.

I found the website masseffectsves.com for finding a game as similar to mine as possible for importing to PC. But they only have ME1 saves. Does anyone know of any other resources or know when ME2 saves will be out on there?

I really really want to play on my fancy PC gaming rig, but I just don't want to start from scratch with my character. I want to see all my hours of work/or see the work of someone who played similar to how I played.

X-Frame

Went to my local GameStop just now and they've already stopped taking pre-orders on the CE set.

Guess I'll stick with Amazon and forget about the N7 armor & gun set.

I'm going to stop by tomorrow and ask mine. There's 2 stores in the same mall so my chances are pretty good.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Can anyone help me out here?

I played Mass Effect 1 and 2 on 360 with every single mission completed possible. Hit level 60 in ME1, and level 30 in ME2. But I really really want to pay ME3 on PC.

I found the website masseffectsves.com for finding a game as similar to mine as possible for importing to PC. But they only have ME1 saves. Does anyone know of any other resources or know when ME2 saves will be out on there?

I really really want to play on my fancy PC gaming rig, but I just don't want to start from scratch with my character. I want to see all my hours of work/or see the work of someone who played similar to how I played.
Look at this thread http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/128/index/2277020/1 to get your save from the 360. Once you have your save use Pordis Shepard save editor to convert it to a pc save.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Are there any details on pre-order bonuses for the UK or anything?
On the ME wiki it said Game had something but the Game site doesn't seem to note it that I can see anywhere.

And a bit further down the page it said that we keep ME2 DLC weapons etc?

rozay

Banned
Just watched the pre-order bonus videos. Please, if anyone from bioware/EA is reading this, fire the entire marketing department working on this game. 3 videos showing different guns and I have absolutely no idea what their features are. Worst of all, what the hell is the point of showing a burst fire gun only shooting in slow motion? I just
jackie.jpg

I couldn't care less if they want to show combat videos for pre-order guns instead of RPG elements, but at least do a good job of it!

Just watched the pre-order bonus videos. Please, if anyone from bioware/EA is reading this, fire the entire marketing department working on this game. 3 videos showing different guns and I have absolutely no idea what their features are. Worst of all, what the hell is the point of showing a burst fire gun only shooting in slow motion? I just
jackie.jpg

I couldn't care less if they want to show combat videos for pre-order guns instead of RPG elements, but at least do a good job of it!

Yeah, I know, it's crazy.

Zen

Banned
This did nothing to assuage my fears.

For one thing, bragging about how many more writers you have means nothing when a smaller writing team on ME1 delivered a much better story than the larger writing team on ME2.

Often times a smaller writing team can create a more cohesive product than having more that are more greatly segregated. I don't doubt that many of them will be relegated to checking off a list, so to speak, and their writing will reflect as much.

RedSwirl

They're waiting until E3 to announce, Wing Commander: Mass Effect.

Well I was thinking more battleship-to-battleship. I know we have a dearth of space flight combat these days, but I think we've had even fewer battleship games in the mainstream market. The closest thing I can think of is Skies of Arcadia.

Top Bottom