• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i think the SarBear thing took a lot of peoples spirits... hopefully it will pick back up soon

Just not playing as much the past two weeks, nothing to really say.

Confidential to Turn 10: Where the hell are my Z06.R GT3 and Z06 Carbon Edition Corvettes?!?

op_ivy

Just not playing as much the past two weeks, nothing to really say.

Confidential to Turn 10: Where the hell are my Z06.R GT3 and Z06 Carbon Edition Corvettes?!?

they are too busy working on dlc tracks to fill out those grey squares in the event list

Mascot

i think the SarBear thing took a lot of peoples spirits... hopefully it will pick back up soon

Hi guys, I've been knocked out by illness and blown out with work for the past few months, so haven't had much opportunity to contribute.

What's "the SarBear thing"?

sneaky77

I know, it is kind of sad. Wonder where everyone went?

I think other games came out and people sometimes get busy, I know with soccer sundays it impairs my ability to make the races, and during the week I havent been having much time to play the game unfortunately since I played the other day for a couple hrs and I still love it

I think other games came out and people sometimes get busy, I know with soccer sundays it impairs my ability to make the races, and during the week I havent been having much time to play the game unfortunately since I played the other day for a couple hrs and I still love it

I still play everyday. :)

Yeah, at least for a couple of days now. I never noticed because I use a bookmark to get here, but others probably can't even find the thread.

I thought they used to warn to you before they put you in here. :\

guest1321

Yeah, at least for a couple of days now. I never noticed because I use a bookmark to get here, but others probably can't even find the thread.

I thought they used to warn to you before they put you in here. :\

A month after the game is released the thread is moved, and there is a warning in thread title for the week leading up to that. But as Forza is long overdue to get moved I'm guessing that just slapped it over.

So who's in for Sunday races?

Retro?? Ox??

Also, Shortt: I just realized that with 20 laps, both of these races will probably go over the 30 minute mark, which will cause problems for saving the whole replay, as there's a 30 minute limit on replays (if someone knows for sure on that they can confirm it). Using 1:40 as a lap time, give or take, 20 laps would be about 33 minutes. So maybe we should consider making it 17 laps or so? Just a thought...

Hawk269

With work during the holidays and playing SWTOR alot, I have been out of the loop with Forza 4 and plan to jump back in.

Any word on additional DLC that are NOT CARS? Have they said or released any additional tracks?

Thanks!

I'd love to race, but I'll be spending the day at church. After next week I won't be available to race for quite some time. So if you don't see me, I'm not dead.

We usually have some good battles out on the track, so that's too bad. Don't forget to stop back when you have more free time.

So who's in for Sunday races?

Retro?? Ox??

Also, Shortt: I just realized that with 20 laps, both of these races will probably go over the 30 minute mark, which will cause problems for saving the whole replay, as there's a 30 minute limit on replays (if someone knows for sure on that they can confirm it). Using 1:40 as a lap time, give or take, 20 laps would be about 33 minutes. So maybe we should consider making it 17 laps or so? Just a thought...

How about just doing a 30 min timer instead of laps?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
With work during the holidays and playing SWTOR alot, I have been out of the loop with Forza 4 and plan to jump back in.

Any word on additional DLC that are NOT CARS? Have they said or released any additional tracks?

Thanks!
Turn10: (laughs)

Hawk269

Turn10: (laughs)

I take that as a No then...lol.... That is one thing about T10 I dont like. I love the passion, love the detail they put into the game, but when it comes to making a game with a ton of tracks or adding more, they always seem to not deliver in that aspect. That and for some reason they have a nack of making pit stops worse in each version of the game. I figure by Forza 5 pit stops will not exist in the game anymore.

guest1321

Did any other VIP's get that camaro as gifted to them?

I'm racing it now and the cockpit view is throwing me off. The door panels and top look almost as if they are unfinished. Very strange. Fun car to drive though and it sounds pretty damn sweet!

DasRaven

Did any other VIP's get that camaro as gifted to them?

I'm racing it now and the cockpit view is throwing me off. The door panels and top look almost as if they are unfinished. Very strange. Fun car to drive though and it sounds pretty damn sweet!

Yes, sucks for me that it is my third copy of the Camaro SS Unicorn and my last for a while as I'm going to be dropping to Xbox Live Free for a time.

saladine1

Speaking of tracks, I just received an interesting email from a certain track committee after hounding them for a while now.

"We are unable to answer your questions regarding this subject as we are not at liberty to disclose any sort of information.
Regards"

hmmm....

G Rom

Yeah I was disappointed that the SS won as I already had it as well...

Also, Turn 10 said in the latest WIR that next week there's going to be a surprise.
February car pack early announcement confirmed ! :lol

guest1321

Yeah I was disappointed that the SS won as I already had it as well...

Also, Turn 10 said in the latest WIR that next week there's going to be a surprise.
February car pack early announcement confirmed ! :lol

Fingers crossed for something more than a car pack announcement. Unless it has the r18 in it, in which case that 100% cool by me.

G Rom

It should be something else since the car pack should be released two weeks from now so it's way too early to reveal it.

As far as car pack content, I'm eager to try and hear the 787B. I'd also like the 2011 908 since Peugeot are retiring... :(

Thinking about it, could the surprise be the F152 (599 replacement) being announced with a tie-in similar to the 458 Italia trailers ? It's supposed to be shown at Geneva and BADNED talked about it recently so I suppose we'll be getting it soon after the announcement. It would be a good candidate for Autovista.

sneaky77

Speaking of tracks, I just received an interesting email from a certain track committee after hounding them for a while now.

"We are unable to answer your questions regarding this subject as we are not at liberty to disclose any sort of information.
Regards"

hmmm....

keep holding for hope lol.. I think that almost 4 months later we still havent heard about any track dlc is probably not really worth it business wise for them at this pt.

G Rom

You got me checking and track packs (Nürburgring GP for FM3 and Motegi for FM2) were actually released four months after release each time...

sneaky77

You got me checking and track packs (Nürburgring GP for FM3 and Motegi for FM2) were actually released four months after release each time...

But I thought the issue with those was that they didn't sell very well. I do hope we get tracks and I hope they are playable on the event listing but that may be too much to ask

SarBear.jpg

This Sunday, January 22nd,the Second Season of the SarBear Memorial Weekend Racing League shall start! Please join us at 2:30pm EST (do your conversions!) for close racing, too much swearing and people forgetting when to brake at random corners! This is the inagural race of Season 2, so be sure to show up to claim your spot!

RULES:

• No glitched cars. Ever.
  • Minimum 10 players per event type for prizes.
  • Damage for main race types will be Cosmetic and Collisions will be on.
  • 1 Lap run around BEFORE event type on said course, strictly for stretching your legs.
  • GRID WILL BE RANDOM (there's no complaint box, so deal with it)
  • You don't HAVE to do all three events, but it's up to you to keep us informed of what you want to participate in.

Also...
2. – Race League racers should, whenever possible, race “clean”.
.....2.a. Car position relative to others on the track is not always clear. Mid-race .....discussion over xbox live should be used primarily to communicate position and .....passing intents by drivers to avoid collisions.
.....2.b. Attempts at passing should only be made when it is safe to do so.
.....2.c. If being passed, make attempts to avoid collisions whenever possible.
.....2.d. Careless passing that results in significant collisions will be identified post race .....with either time penalties incurred for the offending driver, or with that driver being .....disqualified for that event. Penalty specifics are open for discussion, and .....cases will be looked at via replay on a case by case basis by volunteer bystanders.
.....2.e. Non-significant collisions, or trading paint, is frowned upon, but usually will not .....result in specific penalties.
.....2.f. All drivers should drive cautiously and thoughtfully to avoid collisions. If minor .....collisions occur and it leads to a change in driver position, attempts may be made .....by the offender to allow the passed car back into its pre-collision position.
.....2.g. All racers should save a replay after each race in case review of infractions is .....necessary.
.....2.h. Cars should make all attempts to stay on the track at all time. "Shortcuts" are .....frowned upon and may result in time penalties or race disqualifications.

OFFICIAL EVENT TYPES (2):

Dirty Racing in the Dirty South - Road Atlanta can be a harsh mistress, especially that last turn. Test your wits against your oppenents while fighting the 100+ degree track temps. Who will be the first to cross the finish line? Who will be the first to pass out? And who will be the first to end up in the sand traps?

Track
  • Road Atlanta (Full Circuit) - 20 Laps
Restrictions
  • 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
  • Class - B500
  • Race Brakes
  • Race Suspension
  • Race Weight Reduction
  • Full Roll Cage
  • NO aero
  • Must keep FWD
  • Must have Race Number

The Oldest Rivalry - Get ready for the THUNDA DOWN UNDA!!! You heard me right, people have died for less than this rivaly stands for. Holden vs Ford, who will dominate this V8 Supercar championship??
Track
  • Infineon Raceway (Long Course) - 20 Laps
Restrictions
  • Class - R3
  • Car Type - V8 Supercar
  • Holden or Ford
  • Stock
  • Feel free to use different liveries

PRIZES

The normal unicorns and/or prizes from the GAF Club coffers.

BONUS!:

Make a donation by auction today! :) We need your support!

Players (Megane Number):
Shortt Sirket (25)
Granholme (27)
CrudeDiatribe (7)
Rotavelle (12)
op_ivy (need #)

Reserve:
LiquidSnake (need #)
Archer33 (1)
Zorbsie (31)
Big Takeover (77)
Sarbear (3)
Ox Nagge (33)
Seanspeed (21)
retroBrand (17)
Soundscream (13)
Templar Wizard (5)
P3Tran
Muerte X (8)
MJLord (93)
GrassyX
The Japanator
The Stig (00)
cjelly (28)
flyinpiranha
Guest 1321 (18)
G Rom (34)
Benjamin Birdie
Sneaky77
Mr Nightman (88)
Union 0015 (15)

Current standings always available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ancn9aXDWX-ldGt1eThhdEhMWFEtc2hXY0RDQlJwTnc#gid=0

You're in reserve until you confirm. :)
If you need an invite, please let us know.
If you have a pitiful number of posts, you will be put on reserve until day before racing begins.
If I get a ton of players that actually promise to show up (25 or more)...two rooms/random drawing

G Rom

But I thought the issue with those was that they didn't sell very well. I do hope we get tracks and I hope they are playable on the event listing but that may be too much to ask
I don't buy that honestly. The previous DLC tracks were far from being the most wanted ones and had no career integration at all. If they release Spa or Bathurst with new career events + new rivals events in each channel using the new tracks and those tank, only then they can say that track DLC isn't worth it IMO...

BTW, I saw an Alpine A110 going crazy fast in the street today, made me wish we had it in Forza. Such a nice car with a great sound, the 50th anniversary of its release could be a good excuse to release it via DLC too. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It should be something else since the car pack should be released two weeks from now so it's way too early to reveal it.

As far as car pack content, I'm eager to try and hear the 787B. I'd also like the 2011 908 since Peugeot are retiring... :(

Thinking about it, could the surprise be the F152 (599 replacement) being announced with a tie-in similar to the 458 Italia trailers ? It's supposed to be shown at Geneva and BADNED talked about it recently so I suppose we'll be getting it soon after the announcement. It would be a good candidate for Autovista.

599 replacement coming this early? Sounds too good to be true.

And yeah any kind of DLC tends to sell like shit when you release it 4 months in and your not Halo or CoD..

G Rom

599 replacement coming this early? Sounds too good to be true.

And yeah any kind of DLC tends to sell like shit when you release it 4 months in and your not Halo or CoD..
This early ? The 599 is 6 years old, they already slightly redesigned it and made it better with the HGTE. The GTO seems like a nice crazy career-ending version along the Aperta. Beside, the F152 has already been spotted in spy shots.
I just don't want them to ruin the design of their GT like they ruined their 2+2 with the hideous FF. Hopefully they'll knock it out of the park like the 458 Italia.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This early ? The 599 is 6 years old, they already slightly redesigned it and made it better with the HGTE. The GTO seems like a nice crazy career-ending version along the Aperta. Beside, the F152 has already been spotted in spy shots.
I just don't want them to ruin the design of their GT like they ruined their 2+2 with the hideous FF. Hopefully they'll knock it out of the park like the 458 Italia.

I thought the 599 was on schedule for 2014 though, and they were gonna show it off next year. Then again, I don't know what that's leave them to reveal for the 2013 MY this year, so it makes sense. I guess the Enzo successor will be shown off next year then?

I thought the 599 was on schedule for 2014 though, and they were gonna show it off next year. Then again, I don't know what that's leave them to reveal for the 2013 MY this year, so it makes sense. I guess the Enzo successor will be shown off next year then?

I am surprised we have gone this long without the successor to the Enzo being shown. It has been almost 8 years since the Enzo ended it's production.

G Rom

Weren't there rumors of the F70/Enzo Ferrari successor being unveiled this year in Paris or I'm imagining things ?
It should be glorious though if reducing the weight is really their priority as they said a while back.
I remember being at the 2002 Paris Motor Show and being disapointed to be unable to see the Enzo Ferrari with my own eyes due to the insane amount of people. I managed to catch it in photos IIRC.
Got to see what would become the Veyron back then though. :)

AmenAmazing

Neo Member
You're a junior member. You can't make threads until you've been a member for a certain amount of time and you also need a certain amount of posts. (I forget the specifics)

You're a junior member. You can't make threads until you've been a member for a certain amount of time and you also need a certain amount of posts. (I forget the specifics)

Go on...

Edit: I think that was a mod edit. He has been asking the same question about creating new threads in like 10 different threads.

op_ivy

would you guys be interested in a ~$15 fm4 track pack that had 3 new tracks (with multiple ribbons) and an incorporated "season 2" world tour in singleplayer?

gragy10

Anyoen else getting a never ending 'saving design' screen when trying to load designs bought from the marketplace?
Got me fearing for my save file..

Top Bottom