• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

Uncharted (4 images):

dCpoE10Rvw172.jpg

dbzoT1ytGfPqiY.jpg

drSa5kx9c6UaD.jpg

dbziOnN0lwlTeS.jpg

I've been so busy with development that I haven't had the time to really add new wallpapers, but all of the ones everyone is posting looks great. :)

Guide for creating multiple wallpapers in Photoshop:

Photoshop said:
1. Find a 1080p (minimum) or larger wallpaper. This will ensure two or more wallpapers are generated. In the case of Uncharted, I used this particular artwork: http://www.giantbomb.com/uncharted-...-images/52-182301/uncharted_2_art/51-1110377/

EQFkm.jpg

2. Create a new file (e.g. untitled) with the size 960 by 544x, with x being a multiple of 544 (e.g. if you want one wallpaper: 960 by 544. If you want two wallpapers: 960 by 1088, if you want three wallpapers: 960 by 1632, etc).

02U7X.jpg

3. Copy the image (e.g. uncharted_2_art) and paste it in Photoshop (e.g. untitled). Resize it to fit your need.

4. Move the image so it fits to what you need. Save the image (e.g. Uncharted.jpg) and drag in the saved file onto the current file (e.g. untitled). Delete the original image (e.g. uncharted_2_art).

xy0Hq.jpg

5. Press ALT+CTRL+C to change canvas size. Change it to 960 by 544. Click "proceed".

cBIZk.jpg

6. Move the picture all the way down until it snaps on the borders. This is the first image. Save the file (e.g. Wallpaper_01)

7. Press M to select Rectangle Marquee. Press CTRL+A to select the image and press Delete to delete it.

8. Repeat Step 6 and 7 until you get all the wallpapers for Vita (in this case, you should end up with 4 wallpapers).

NOTE: If the image is 1080p, you will need to increase it's height by 8 pixels (resize it) so that it's 960 by 1088 (which will ensure minimum of two wallpapers). Resize it more if you need more wallpapers and your native wallpaper is 1080p or less (though the picture will be a bit pixelated by the end though, so its up to you).

it looks really good but sadly since the Vita fades between wallpapers instead of scrolling it kinda ruins it :(

I heard that before, that's too bad :( Maybe Sony will address this in a firmware update as much as I doubt it.

But I'm glad they look good at least as that was my first time doing wallpapers like this :)

how do download the images, right click doesnt work on some of them.

Change the width of your browser so that they all appear in a single column (i.e. none side by side) and you should be able to right click them properly.

So I did nothing wrong? It works fine here on my PC with Firefox but I can edit my post if it helps anything.

billsmugs

Some of these are a little basic, but they might be of interest to people: (Includes some start screen images and a couple of the wallpapers might work for that too)

Note: Everything is (I believe) official art work except for the one with the Valkyria Chronicles logo. I have no idea where I got it from though, so I can't credit the artist! If using it is against the rules, I apologise and I can remove it.(I assume it's OK though?)

EDIT: It's a shame to here that the multi-page stuff people have posted doesn't work as well as it could, hopefully it could be fixed in a FW update? I doubt they will though (unless they then start charging for multi-page artwork on the Store).

Number45

So I did nothing wrong? It works fine here on my PC with Firefox but I can edit my post if it helps anything.
I think it's just the way the forum treats the quoted images on the right, when you click on them it expands and moves to a new location so you're effectively clicking on nothing. Probably the easiest way to get around it would be to make the images properly clickable so that they can be easily opened in a new tab and saved from there.

how in the world do you even get the wallpapers on the vita???
You can use the content manager or save them directly from the Vita browser.

Number45

#110 for Olivia Wilde, #228 for Batman. There's definitely more than that for Olivia Wilde, think I remember a NSFW one too!

There are a lot of broken links in this thread considering it's so young. :/

Number45

The images themselves would be stored on the memory card so as long as you're using the same card they will still exist at least. Not sure if the required reset will also reset the wallpaper settings though. :/

Awesome thread. But does anyone know where I can get awesome wallpapers of sports? In looking specifically of either Blake Griffin Demolishing Perkins or Lebron jumping over John Lucas.

Bradach

The images themselves would be stored on the memory card so as long as you're using the same card they will still exist at least. Not sure if the required reset will also reset the wallpaper settings though. :/

thanks for the response. that's not too bad. even if it goes back to the default wallpaper at least my other wallpaper will be quickly accessable from the memory card. (as opposed to going looking for the wallpapers online every time)

Formally requesting a .psd template with the following on layers:

- Bubble locations/bubbles
- Lock screen peel-away outline thing

I'm trapped at work but now would be a good time to create that Flickr Vita Wallpaper group. We have our apps and it would be a great repository for wallpapers that we can easily access.

Top Bottom