• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In honor of Final Fantasy's 25th anniversary, GAF Plays: Final Fantasy games

Heropon

FINAL FANTASY V

J3uLa.png
hZM0p.png
G35rm.png

Bartz finds Lenna and Galuf and after some events they agree to go to the Wind Shrine. They try to steal a pirate ship, but they get captured in the process. For some reason, Faris, the ship's captain, frees and joins them.

L132E.png
vBUNY.png
dXHLu.png

The party arrives at the Wind Shrine. Since the party doesn't have any special attacks, the dungeon doesn't have any special challenges. YESSSS!

gfL7F.png
Hu0S7.png
mgBOr.png

When they reach the crystal, it's already broken. But it isn't so bad, as they get their first six jobs: Knight, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Blue Mage and THIEF.

Goli

FINAL FANTASY V

Oh dear, seeing this in Spanish is so weird.

Also, I haven't been able to upload my already finished FFCC TCB playthrough since I lost the SD card containing the images (it wasn't too popular anyway so it probably won't be missed), and I've been caught up playing recently released games, worst is I'm not sure when I'll be able to play the rest of my intended FF games to complete since I start uni tomorrow (so excited, nervous and many other feelings at the same time!).
I still think I'll finish them all at some point this year, just not anytime soon.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Also, I haven't been able to upload my already finished FFCC TCB playthrough since I lost the SD card containing the images (it wasn't too popular anyway so it probably won't be missed)

That's a pity. I guess it's a game not many people have played, so it would have been nice to get a better impression.

[Final Fantasy V Update]

Considering the pace at which you're breezing through these games, I wouldn't be surprised if you'll finish FFV before HiddenWings does.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'm still debating which game I should do next. I'm torn between FF2 (Origins), my first English playthrough of FF7 (which I stopped somewhere around the end of disc 1 a couple of months ago), a low-level run of FF8, replaying FF9 or finishing FF Tactics (PSP) with that new fancy patch. There are too many options here.

Heropon

Oh dear, seeing this in Spanish is so weird.

FFVII is weirder than this. What a mess...

Considering the pace at which you're breezing through these games, I wouldn't be surprised if you'll finish FFV before HiddenWings does.

I made these screenshots last Sunday and I haven't played this game since then. I have been busy lately, but now I can return at full force.

I wouldn't be surprised either. Playing was more common while I was on campus and not distracted by finals or break or Mass Effect 3.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Demon Wall? The more I see of these older FFs, the more stuff I see they reused/reimagined/rewhatever'd in FFVII!

And speaking of FFVII, this thread needs more of it! So hows about some bonus content?? I skipped lots and lotsa stuff. I won't spoil every last thing but here's some stuff we passed right over!

"Bonus"

ibfRnFx9C4rvPs.jpg

Up on the icy continent lives some forgetful old guy. Kinda reminds me of those weird dudes in the Temple of the Ancients. He has a Green Chocobo (which gives your Enemy Skills materia #4) and seems to know alot about raising Chocobos. Wonder if that'd come in handy?

iwz5N2xtVkGSU.jpg

The price of housing sure has gone up over the years.

iI62miqKvGJ9J.jpg

When people think about the Gold Saucer its all about *the date*. When people think about the Gold Saucer they don't think about Slam Dunks and Rail Shooters!

iO63Ol8qKEupF.jpg

Did I mention we skipped an entire continent which consists of just one town? I wonder who this "MY" person is?...

ioZs9P7ffIWgH.jpg

This spot of land looks awfully suspicious. On an unrelated note, there's that WEAPON which attacked Mideel. We could battle it some more but I don't feel like it.

iYRp9I6jxzslg.jpg

Here's the Chocobo Farm we skipped by very early in the game. You can rent stables to raise and breed Chocobo. Huh. Interesting. Back in Kalm some old guy wants three items we totally don't have. Obtaining them might be worth it but...

ixhWxTYvkwRmO.jpg

...I'd rather fool around! Have ya found your way to this spot yet? Have fun! That's all from the world of FFVII! *waves*

iPCr1Fom3jdUt.jpg

...well..... about that......

Having finished (mostly) the task of running around the world for stuff, it's time to go do the things I'm supposed to.

Thing 1: Island Shrine. The gargoyles fall so quickly to Level 3 Flare that I forgot to take a screenshot.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_01-15.png

The miniboss in the chest is the first of many things to get introduced to Thunderstorm.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_05-11.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_06-10.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_08-13.png

This thing was a random encounter that I couldn't seem to run from, notable for having more health than Exdeath in his castle and absorbing wind. Even with Dark Spark's terrible hit rate, Dark spark x3 -> Level 5 death proved faster than wearing down its health (after the first one).
FinalFantasyVAdvance_12-10.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_16-6.png

The real boss of this place is Wendigo, one of those "find the real one" bosses. The real one uses slightly different attacks, although they can all cast mind blast and hurricane.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_20-8.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_29-7.png

Hitting them with an area attack causes the clones to counterattack with Frost. Thanks to a pair of ice shields and a pair of flame rings, it does no damage to this party, so Thunderstorm it is! I also make sure to learn Mind Blast, as it's kind of hard to get otherwise (the other enemies that use it are either bosses or exclusively in the final area of the game).
FinalFantasyVAdvance_31-5.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_25-5.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_44-3.png

Fork Tower: I don't need the spells, but I do need the sub to get Leviathan. For those not aware, the right half invonves physical might, while the left half involves magical power. Climbing fork tower is pretty easy, and I pick up something wonderful on the way.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_46-6.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_53-3.png

The boss of the physical side is Minotaur. I forgot that this battle is conducted under the time magic mute effect and wouldn't allow the use of blue magic (unlike normal silence), so my blue mage plinked away with the chicken knife while my dragoon jumped. This had to be done with the partisan, since Minotaur absorbs holy, making my strongest spear useless. Faris would have survived had I not forgotten about the bone mail and tried to use a high potion.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_57-3.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_59-1.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_63-2.png

The boss of the magic side is Omniscient, who led off with a reflected slow spell, and so was blown away by thunderstorm.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_65-2.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_67-1.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_68-1.png

One last thing before moving on: MIGHTY GUARD GET. (This took longer than it should have as I forgot to remove the reflect rings, so I got to take down its 30k health through its own mighty guard.)
FinalFantasyVAdvance_79-2.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_83-2.png

The dungeons remaining are all annoying in their own way. Random encounters in phoenix tower cannot be escaped, and like to inflict annoying statuses. Istory falls contains Tonberries, although they're slow enough in this game that they aren't that lethal. The great sea trench has damage floors and status-happy undead emeimes.

Despite all this, I'm going to clear them all.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I don't know why, but I can drag myself through FF3. I'm about to enter the Fire cave/volcano place and bleh. Just not feeling this game.

Ourobolus

Banned
Finally got around to getting some pics uploaded.

Ff3jap0003.png

Forgot to take some screenshots at the beginning, but I ended up rolling Monk first! Wasn't too bad, though I needed an extra level or two before taking Jinn and the monsters leading up to him on (lack of healing). Once I got to him though, he was cake.

Ff3jap0004.png

Onward past Canaan, after destroying Airship #1, I climbed the mountain where Bahamut was. Finding Desh, I jumped from the top, only to be greeted with my first required class change - A quick change to White Wizard so I can cast Mini on my party (there's no way to get LuckMallets this early without glitching, supposedly).

Ff3jap0005.png

Ugh...stupid Mini. Thank god I don't have to do this again!

Ff3jap0006.png

MOTHERFU----

Ff3jap0007.png

You know those 3 SouthWinds you get in the first cave? They are massively useful here. They still only took about 2/3 of the Giant Rat's 420HP off, so I had to whittle down the rest with 1-2 damage per attack. After about 50 potions, it finally paid off. Thank god I don't have to walk...back...ohsonofabitch.

Ff3jap0008.png

Oh thank Jesus.

Ff3jap0009.png

Over at the Tower of Owen, I had to do class change #3 to change into Frogs, but only for a moment. Medusa went down easy...she's much more difficult in the DS version, IMO.

Ff3jap0010.png

Yay! Freedom to explore the outer sea! Over to the dwarven area, where I find that one of their Horns has been stolen by Kuzco. Luckily I don't have to turn mini, or change into a...

Ff3jap0011.png

.............goddammit. Class change #4, for a second.

Ff3jap0012.png

Thank god Kuzco goes down easy. Pretty easy walk out, too, even though some weird dash is following me.

Ff3jap0013.png

Oh noes I was hoodwinked!

Ff3jap0014.png

After following him to his cave, I got wrecked by Salamander, who decided that he NEVER wanted to simply attack me, and cast Flame every turn, wiping me out in 3 turns. I grinded a level out so I could get to level 18 (so I could have 6x attack), and he went down much more easily (and also decided he wanted to attack one turn rather than flame. Go figure).

Then I rolled...THIEF! FUCK. Out of Thief/Hunter/Scholar/Knight, he was the one I wanted least. Well, maybe Hunter wasn't that great either, but damn.

Ff3jap0015.png

Use a Scholar! See his weakness!
How about 3 Monks, one with Gods' Wine used on him? Yeah, the other two were missing a lot or doing <100 damage, but Ingus was stomping faces for 300-400 a turn. Thief was support, and probably will be for quite some time, especially considering his best armor for the time being is the goddamn Leather Armor from the first town. :(

Ff3jap0016.png

And got me Airship #2! Time to escape this floating rock.

Paches

So I have never played FF4, but I decided to take it up since I don't really have much else going on right now. I just beat Rubicant and I am about to go in to some cave near Tomora or something. After playing this, I have a new found respect for Chrono Trigger and FF6 for what they pulled off for the time in terms of character development and story telling, because 4 isn't the greatest flowing tale, but that is totally fine, I understand it is a product of its time. I am having a really great time with it so far! Here are my characters right now:

CharScreen.jpg

I mainly like to name them after a group of associated names. In this case they are named after SlayerS players. Funnily enough, the way the story turned out (I had no idea), the names were practically perfect for them.

Bladenic

So I have never played FF4, but I decided to take it up since I don't really have much else going on right now. I just beat Rubicant and I am about to go in to some cave near Tomora or something. After playing this, I have a new found respect for Chrono Trigger and FF6 for what they pulled off for the time in terms of character development and story telling, because 4 isn't the greatest flowing tale, but that is totally fine, I understand it is a product of its time. I am having a really great time with it so far! Here are my characters right now:

CharScreen.jpg

I mainly like to name them after a group of associated names. In this case they are named after SlayerS players. Funnily enough, the way the story turned out (I had no idea), the names were practically perfect for them.

Any reason why you're playing the SNES version?

Anyway, for me, I'm about to head to the Jade Passage and finish up Final Fantasy 2. I quite enjoyed it, honestly. Much better than the hate it receives. Final Fantasy 5 is due to arrive next week too, though I don't know how much I'll get to play with Graces f also coming out next week.

Paches

Any reason why you're playing the SNES version?

I love playing the original games. The only time I play extended editions or other advanced editions is when I have beat the original game. Just a thing I have I guess, nothing more than that :p

Bladenic

I love playing the original games. The only time I play extended editions or other advanced editions is when I have beat the original game. Just a thing I have I guess, nothing more than that :p

Hehe I was just wondering. I'm like the opposite. Don't see a point in playing the old versions when the new ones have shinier graphics, updated gameplay (in some cases), etc. etc. To each his own!

Part IV: Lali ho!

Desh' heroic sacrifice made the whirlpool disappear, so it's off to the land of the dwarves! We soon find a place we haven't seen before, and it turns out to be just that.

ZY2Tx.jpg
YkaHd.jpg
C5Fqx.jpg

Apparently some Guzco stole one of their horns and took it with him underwater. It's frog time.

0sGB2.jpg
fZs59.jpg

It's a bomb! They're not so tough, but their selfdestruct ability can kill my mage in one hit. Speaking of which, when can I buy Phoenix Downs/Life?

2DcD8.jpg

Look, there he is!

Ooaf8.jpg
706mQ.jpg

Guzco himself was really easy, he went down without much of a fight. With the horn in our possesion, we track back to laliholand.

YtVtA.jpg

I thought the white stripe was a graphical glitch. Turns out it's Guzco, and he stole both horns. I did not expect that. Well played, game.

6JplW.jpg

So we head to the flame cave. The enemies here are pretty gruesome, both in appearance as in toughness. Some of them hit really hard. Funilly enough, walking through lava does not hurt at all.

x8lUe.jpg
vaEbK.jpg
xlf86.jpg

Yet we make it through the cave without much hassle, it's not a very big place. Look there, it's the fire crystal! Oh hi, Guzco.

MxY0m.jpg
HpKYF.jpg

Okay, this guy completely obliterated me. I had to look up a faq for this. I was wearing the flamemail, turns out that actually doesn't hold the fire back. His flame attack kills my Fighter in one hit. I had to warp out of the cave and buy some ice armor. Also visit a place called Gisahl for Ice3. Did you know it has a secret room with a message from Square?

rovw4.jpg
olLpl.jpg

And so we head back into the flame cave.

VapsQ.jpg

This time it went pretty well.

6JplW.jpg

Woo! I quite like my team though, so all I did was upgrade my Fighter to a Knight.

WozPB.jpg
WJo12.jpg

Dun dun duuuuun!

Zing

Banned
So I have never played FF4, but I decided to take it up since I don't really have much else going on right now. I just beat Rubicant and I am about to go in to some cave near Tomora or something.

It's pretty creepy that you are at the exact same point as I am. I just saved my game right after getting the airship upgrade to travel over magma.

I am playing the SNES version also, although the actual cart.

Tablet dungeon #3: The Great sea trench. Entrance gargoyles, Level 3 Flare, you heard this already.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_07-6.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_08-14.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_09-11.png

All enemies in here are called "Unknown", and they're all undead piles of... stuff. Requiem to the rescue.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_14-5.png

It was important to get mighty guard before this, since there are lava floors in much larger quantity than Exdeath's castle. (This isn't one of them, but it's the only shot I took with lava in it. Oops.)
FinalFantasyVAdvance_16-7.png

If you missed the magic lamp, you can pick it up near the dwarves. Knowing what's coming, I use it a few times.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_17-10.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_24-7.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_27-4.png

I have no idea what these guys actually do. They stand so very near a magic lamp recharge point, so they get Odined.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_31-6.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_33-6.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_34-6.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_36-6.png

I pick up Doom on the way out. Doom can kill the undead, but since it takes 30 seconds, almost anything else is faster.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_41-4.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_42-2.png

Once outside, I chase down the real Odin.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_50-2.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_51-4.png

A bunch of Aerogas and one Zantetsuken later, Odin submits. Odin is somewhat famously vulnerable to petrification, but the only way of delivering this effect that has any chance of hitting is break spellblade, so I went the brute force route.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_53-4.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_55-2.png

I think I'm going to see how well Leviathan works without Coral Rings. I'm really hoping Mighty Guard is a sufficient defense against Tidal Wave, because running out of Istory falls to spend 150k wouldn't feel very good.

Heropon

I'm a little angry right now, all the screenshots I made yesterday have been erased.

Current place: Outside Library of the Ancients (post black chocobo forest)
Level: Around 16
Everyone knows at least the Learning ability.

Interesting things:

6iqpK.png
Ez1Tw.png

Garula: When I was little this was so difficult. But not know thanks to blue mages. At the beginning of the fight I didn't remember to use Pond Chorus and it made a life-sapping attack to Faris. That was the closest to an actual death.

JWSF0.png

That spell called Omnicura (Cura) should have been called Cura+. This game came out in Europe two months after FFXII (April-February), and in that game someone decided to call the multitarget spells in the cure line Omnicura, so it ended like this: Cure -> Cura, Cura -> Omnicura, Curaga -> Cura+, Curaja -> Omnicura+ (I think that was a good decision). So it seems that to translate this game they used that reference directly without thinking. FFIII was released a month later (May) and has this same problem. Luckily, FFVI released in June and this mistake was corrected.
The worst thing is that they didn't do the same with Dispel, it has a specific name in the Spanish versions (Antimagia), but they called it differently (Disipar).

Another anecdote: In spite these errors, the Advance games translations are used when there are references to these games in future instalments (Warring Triad Paradigm in FFXIII or Fork Tower in FFXIII-2).

Hmm7u.png

My team at castle Karnak. I wanted a powerful team that could end battles quick, and it worked, as I escaped the castle with all the treasures and one minute left.

kR2sL.png
szqEj.png

Chimera fight, I learned a Aqua Breath and I was pleasantly surprised when I visited the status screen.

Aeana

With my PC's GPU dead, I can't really go back to FF6 at the moment, I realized. I've got nothing to put in there in the interim while I wait for a replacement. So in that case, I have a couple of options. I can go back and try to finish up FF4, which saps my will to live, I can restart FF5 on another platform, or I can start FF7. The more I think about it, the more I kinda feel like I actually want to do FF5 last, because it's the one I've played the most recently. So I guess it's between FF4 and FF7.

Eh, I'll just do FF4 so I can get it off my back.

Ourobolus

Banned
With my PC's GPU dead, I can't really go back to FF6 at the moment, I realized. I've got nothing to put in there in the interim while I wait for a replacement. So in that case, I have a couple of options. I can go back and try to finish up FF4, which saps my will to live, I can restart FF5 on another platform, or I can start FF7. The more I think about it, the more I kinda feel like I actually want to do FF5 last, because it's the one I've played the most recently. So I guess it's between FF4 and FF7.

Eh, I'll just do FF4 so I can get it off my back.

Do FF4 and just get it done. It's one of the worst ones (I hate that there is pretty much zero customization. Every game is the same...except for the DS one, which I actually kinda enjoyed).

Heropon

Beating both Baigan and Cagnazzo with auto-battle = lol.

I remember when Cagnazzo was surrounded by water and I was like "I need to electrocute that thing as soon as possible or he will kill me with Tsunami" I couldn't do it in time and I was scared until I saw the numbers...

Goli

Thanks.
"Mini" update: Just before Ronka Ruins. Got Ramuh.

BFDD2.png
Q9tBy.png

More inconsistencies in the translation: The Bomb enemy is Bom in the spanish version since FFVIII and the Mini spell Minimalia since IX. The screenshots prove what I'm trying to say.

The Spanish translations for FF and KH games have always been much closer to the Japanese ones in terms of naming (save for magic), the Japanese name for Bombs is &#12508;&#12512;, bomu, thus Bom, for example (yet now they change it to Bomba...). The same applies to moogles, who are called &#12514;&#12540;&#12464;&#12522;, mooguri, in Japanese, and their Spanish name, moguri. There's a bunch of other examples, so this doesn't mean necessarily that they made it inconsistent, if anything, they're trying to make it more consistent with the Japanese version and correct strange sounding things like "Bom."
I still don't like the Spanish translations very much (mainly for their weird magic naming system, although I do understand they probably needed some solution like that given character limits in earlier entries, I just don't understand why they've stuck with them all this time), despite Spanish being my first language, but I do appreciate the effort that goes into them.
EDIT: Maybe they changed Bom to Bomba and other things because Nintendo's internal teams handled the FF for GBA games' localisation?

Natetan

I used to struggle a bit in the ffII bonus content, mostly because there is no blood sword, but the wild rose sword casts berserk 16 or something ridiculous., combine that with the three yoichi bows I picked up in battles (that cast a lower level berserk spell) and I was making 3000 plus hits on golems with weak ass josef. The good emperor went down so easy.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh, WOW. I just beat Garuda (FF3 Famicom) with 2x Monk, Conjurer, and Thief. I'd done it before on the DS with Monk, Thief and 2x Scholar, but damn. I levelled to 30 for my party, and while it was rough, I still managed to do it.

After that fight, the only real problem I forsee is Cloud of Darkness. Goddamn I hope I roll either Sage or Devout. :(

Ultratech

Speaking of which, when can I buy Phoenix Downs/Life?

Phoenix Downs you can't buy in FF3. I think you can steal some from certain enemies, but it's fairly rare. DS version is basically the same way, though I think more enemies have 'em to steal from. That said, don't use them unless you REALLY need to.

As for Life...you don't get that until well after you're halfway though the game. (Pops up before the 1st real bullshit fight.) Arise (or Life2) you don't get until just before the end of the game.

Labadal

I've put FFV on hold because I bought it from my Euro account, but I am now playing Legend of Heroes: TitS and Wild Arms FX bought on my American account and I can't be bothered to change it right now.

Still going strong in FFTA2. Adelle has rejoined the party at a lower level than eveyrone else, wich is the reason why I hate members leaving like that. Oh well, I've got my Blue Mage back, so I'm happy. I've tried to get more clan bonuses lately, becuase I haven't done much of that and I suppose that will help me in later optional missions. I'm currently at 188 completed missions having played about 73 hours. I played most missions without dispatching people, but I am now dispatching my party members more and more. I'm not doing it because I'm tired of the game or anything, but it feels like the game is stalling me from playing other games. (I have a backlog of 50+ games.)

I hope we get a new Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Advance game for one of the new portables. From my understanding the Tactics games did fairly well, give me another one, please.

Locke_211

I've been playing Crisis Core. I'm glad I've got it, but I'm not finding it particularly brilliant, or terrible. Except sometimes, for brief moments, I find it hugely brilliant, but then it becomes kind of workmanlike again. I can't decide if the battles are really just like every other JRPG, or just hitting x over and over again, or if this game reveals that those just amount to the same thing. I don't mind the plot and its nicely atmospheric and the music is lovely.

But by god, I seem to have done endless 'missions' and only got to 16%. There are just so, so many of them!

Natetan

So I just started up FFVI. Been quite awhile since I've played through this one. I've said this before, but while it is one of my favorite in the series, I don't find it quite as great to replay.

That said, it is a beautiful game. I think it's pretty awesome that Terra doesn't just side with the returners immediately. She's been under control of the empire, but she needs space to think about what side she thinks is the right one. That was pretty mature for the time, and probably even now, where it would most likely be 'crush the evil empire!!!!!111'

Anyway, just got to the returners hideout and going to get my genji glove and white cape!

I heard someone complain about they didn't like when the party breaks up and you have to choose between three scenarios. That's probably one of my favorite parts of the game! Very fun game mechanic; you get attatched to these five characters, and then the seperate (not to mention who and specifically WHO breaks up your party :) ) and blossom the story and then it all comes back into the first semi climax of the game. So fun!

Locke_211

I've just got to Nibelheim in Crisis Core and my opinion is going up. Loving the atmosphere of this section and that there's some extra stuff to check out beyond the missions. Think rushing through the missions was getting to me, since they're too easy at the moment and not needed for the main game on Normal, so I'll save them for if/when I do a Hard playthrough.

Heropon

MTgdo.png
nZVov.png

After some secret adventures, our heroes get an airship.

CqJZG.png
08Ish.png
xTCKc.png
wJAkn.png

And they do some sidequests.

NLBIu.png
4RJfr.png
EBGKk.png

A fortress appears. We need a thing guarded by the adamantoise to reach it.

Klq2U.png

Deja vu?

Du0a2.png
BPAtA.png

Bartz wants to learn Flamethrower, but he can't learn more than 35 moves. Delete a move to make room for Flamethrower? Bartz forgot Attack... and learned Flamethrower!

Mx37d.png
EvD9r.png
5hKeI.png
xBoXg.png

At last, Sarisa and Lenna find their father...
I didn't remember lv.5 death didn't work with the first form, but it did with the second!

3hOS8.png
KDLUN.png
6PCeB.png
GJk8V.png

And a lot of things happen after that...
One of us, one of us...

dKVjF.png
myrlL.png
1A8yO.png

Bartz, Lenna and Faris decide too late to follow Galuf and have to make some strange things to the meteors.

2c9r2.png

Here we go!

vpjo4.png
00TRY.png

They must be really unlucky to end up in an island (it could be worse, like the ocean...).

ID2HH.png
kHo0O.png
6bIfc.png

Captured!

8OV3A.png
asxOj.png
tgGNj.png

Galuf sneaks in the castle with his Samurai suit and he avoids Gilgamesh attacks.

SHgVf.png
KlMKt.png
Z6Jcv.png

MUSIC

2yG4R.png
B4jz5.png

More adventures in uncharted lands.

UqvKa.png
Ywm12.png
NxHSl.png

They meet a moguri moogle and save him.

AGYdV.png
uN1UK.png
YUZKp.png

In exchange, they can visit his village.

xAd9p.png
6DuDe.png

Thanks to the psychotic powers of the moogles, Krile can catch our heroes.

qyqTW.png
rrEHp.png
cPlkU.png

Now that we are in Galuf's castle, we can get his treasures and break his furniture.

vrfPL.png
NeScU.png
6J0xK.png
WICMp.png

Our heroes had to leave the castle to see their grandmother, who had more fur than normal.

4Dg7M.png
DaTuj.png

Then they go to the mountains and help a Golem.

R6tlc.png
GbQnb.png

There are some nasty plants in there.

ZoZFi.png
kqLKV.png

They return to the castle but they aren't allowed. A B plan is needed.

feWIn.png
CG6Ud.png

With their new dragon, the party tries to visit an island, but it sinks.

vj5Cx.png
b3YBK.png

Our heroes help in an operation to destroy a tower.

HksaH.png
r1ws5.png
0UEHa.png

Gilgamesh appears again, only to be defeated.

f9Pe3.png
zeLak.png

Our heroes reach the tower thanks to a submarine, and they find some goodies (Gold hairpin).

rbRgm.png
7UqC4.png
XVxM1.png

Thanks, HiddenWings.

H6zfi.png
zh9q0.png

The party blows up the tower and goes to the island with the submarine.

jzrYn.png
zMZKG.png
vYLk9.png
NQ4SF.png

Next stop, a forest. A lot of adventures happen, like surviving a wildfire.

DkhTc.png
OLzo4.png
aMWce.png
L3i5U.png

Exdeath appears and kills Galuf after he becomes a Super Saiyan.

aRPF0.png
NjJzd.png

The party members don't forget that they have resources to revive people, but it's in vain. Krile is the replacement.

jqOqt.png
f4kNB.png

Before the revenge, our heroes get some things they forgot.

JbHTd.png
uFQ3J.png
lUG75.png

Exdeath castle is a good place to master jobs (I didn't grind, I promise)...

5R85q.png

...and fight optional bosses.

ikw92.png
kFPfW.png
S8qKE.png
jErZr.png

Ups, I didn't steal the helmet, so it's necessary to reset.

JXgCY.png
hocpA.png
fsnyO.png

The final confrontation comes, and after a change in the strategy, he dies.

16sB2.png
JjpWF.png

Our world!

CharScreen.jpg

Wow. That is some assy eagle filtering.

Heropon

After seeing the horrible sales that FFXIII-2 had in Spain, I was curious about how the portable mainline entries did. The only ones that appeared in platform specific charts for the months they released were FFIII and FFV, that's really sad.

Source: aDeSe

Heropon

ykZFd.png
JMJN0.png

We are so important that there is a party in the castle, but Bartz and Krile don't like the music and leave.

UX3Kg.png
02wcy.png
05nkt.png

They take Boko with them, but fall in a hole. There is a monster inside and attacks them! Bartz jumps and Krile evades, fin.

1QLBb.png
wDl0H.png

Faris rescues them and they are scolded. It seems nobody liked the party.

OMxzq.png
6gwMu.png
YNF3k.png

Ghido and Exdeath appear, fight between them and a castle disappears, how would this be in a modern cutscene?

TGPVi.png
s383R.png

The next step: collecting the twelve legendary weapons.

yfszD.png
1GWHe.png
V0kAN.png
GLlZz.png
5gARt.png

It seems I have to thank HiddenWings again, I didn't know there were so many undead enemies there. Faris didn't have the power to kill enemies in one Requiem, but with a magic ability (!Blue) in the extra slot, she gets enough power to crush them.

022vW.png
A2r00.png

They get the first tablet and Bahamut awakens.

O4MwK.png
ybeuc.png
su7em.png
1nqw8.png
SDFhM.png

Lenna is alive, but she is possessed by this thing. Libra says she is vulnerable to fire, BURNINATE!

py16e.png
xnxDF.png
vWy4O.png

Exdeath likes sucking people into the void!

T2ibV.png
fAdO0.png
ks0QG.png

The party retrieves the first three super weapons: Yoichi's Bow, Masamune and Assassin's Dagger. I didn't feel like getting the Excalibur yet.

JtOQO.png
l7FKy.png
ydzIr.png

And then I do a few things.

Heropon

Mini-update:

J02DE.png
C11I1.png
azr4r.png

Our heroes get more goodies.

JiwSf.png
VbBzb.png
XuMMD.png
0EWDa.png
NTaNU.png

I don't know how is this place called, but there are nice things in there.

2aM3d.png
8WyMR.png
JcO9b.png
CYykR.png
5JJKf.png

Blue magic hunting. The next one I want is Mighty Guard, let's find that monster. Searching and searching, there are only normal battles until...

otlHP.png
nMc36.png
gpPR8.png
8Hugo.png
lMfjq.png

it appears. Level 93 -> Flared!

tCVwo.png

After all these random battles, a little of luck: the Dragon Whisker!

P.S: I had to tell someone that I got that weapon!

I hate Tonberries. That is all.

Istory falls entrance; Gargoyles take 4.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_01-16.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_03-14.png

Tonberries have entirely too much health. I failed to kill this one in time and my party got knifed. 3 hits for about 850 damage to targets in the back row. Defense apparently is no issue, it hit my bone mail-wearing blue mage just as hard as the bard.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_08-16.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_09-12.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_10-10.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_11-8.png

And that's the only one I actually fight.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_13-6.png

There are lots of goodies in here to pick up.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_12-11.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_15-7.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_19-8.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_22-6.png

The 4th tablet can be grabbed without a fight, but some nameless red guy shows up when you try to leave. He's nameless because Leviathan kills him before you get a chance to.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_23-10.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_27-5.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_34-7.png

Beating Leviathan is completely optional, but I've got a summoner, so... let's get to it!
FinalFantasyVAdvance_35-7.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_36-7.png

Tidal wave isn't nearly the threat I thought it was, and Apollo's Harp does fun things to the water dragon.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_41-5.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_38-6.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_39-3.png

So this is an easy win. He's even nice enough to drop a reflect ring so I don't have to try to steal one out of Phoenix tower.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_50-3.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_52-5.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_53-5.png

Back at the sealed castle, I grab 9 useless weapons, and Kat becomes the first to master all four classes.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_75-2.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_76-3.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_79-3.png

New jobs get. I've never actually made any use of these.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_88-2.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_89-1.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_90-1.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_91-1.png

It's just about time to finish up here, so there's a mountain to climb. North mountain is completely unchanged from the first time. Except this happens when you get to the top.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_110.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_111.png

Bahamut, despite being king of the dragons, is not a dragon mechanically.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_112.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_113-1.png

But he does use reflectable spells.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_114.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_116.png

As do I.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_117-1.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_123-1.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_118-2.png

And one last one for good measure. Should you fail to avoid this in some way, it will pretty much kill you at this level.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_124.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_125-1.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_126.png
FinalFantasyVAdvance_128.png

One summon to go. I really dislike this place, so I'll do it next time.
FinalFantasyVAdvance_130.png

Does he do that in all FFs (or most of them)? I just noticed you can reflect Megaflare (okay read about it) when I played FF3.

I'm not sure. Really, Atomic Ray and Megaflare are the only spells this version uses that are reflectable. He also uses pretty much every spell with "breath" in it, none of which are reflectable (Poison Breath, Aqua Breath, Zombie Breath).

Ourobolus

Banned
I need to post screens later - made it up to the Ancient Cave with Unne before getting wiped by some DeathClaws that wouldn't let me escape. Party is currently Monk, Monk, Conjurer, and Thief.

Surprised that Odin wasn't too bad. At least I have Reflect now.

Top Bottom