• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

I was so Irish yesterday. Ugh.

Saw a dude in the bar rocking one of these:
iU90r.jpg

Its depressing being a Wolves fan. The owner is horrible, and thus the entire FO is affected. They are going to fuck up Love/Rubio, just like they fucked up Garnett.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Faux City is so bad. Frobe Swag will help, but not much. Bust Griffin has totally regressed (sophomore slump), CP3 has no knees, **** is what he is, DJ is a waste of space, Bustloler is old, and don't get me started on Vinny Del Mehgro.

Ugh. 1st round exit, BG will get a max contract and won't live up to his hype, and VDN will be extended for 5 more years (for taking the team to the playoffs for the first time in like 6 years). We don't even have a first-round draft pick this year, so I can't even look forward to the lotto.

At least baseball is right around the corner.

Darkman M

Faux City is so bad. Frobe Swag will help, but not much. Bust Griffin has totally regressed (sophomore slump), CP3 has no knees, **** is what he is, DJ is a waste of space, Bustloler is old, and don't get me started on Vinny Del Mehgro.

Ugh. 1st round exit, BG will get a max contract and won't live up to his hype, and VDN will be extended for 5 more years (for taking the team to the playoffs for the first time in like 6 years). We don't even have a first-round draft pick this year, so I can't even look forward to the lotto.

That's the Adam we all know!

Mothman91

Oh me oh my, a monster jam!

Rip should run the point when he comes back if it's before Derrick.

Korver can play Rip's position, Cj can play power forward and Taj can play small forward.

Think of all the matchup problems that would cause.

h3ro

0N2dk.jpg

I told you months ago there was no chance they would be healthy! Now who looks right? AHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

:(

Well, the difference between you and me is that I don't think you believe the Bulls would get it done EVEN if healthy.

I do.

But...

Yeah, their injuries are more of a problem than I thought they would be and you made light of that before.

I guess I thought they'd have bumps and bruises but this looks like last year and that didn't end well.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well, the difference between you and me is that I don't think you believe the Bulls would get it done EVEN if healthy.

I do.

But...

Yeah, their injuries are more of a problem than I thought they would be and you made light of that before.

I guess I thought they'd have bumps and bruises but this looks like last year and that didn't end well.
Shit, they can't all be an ironman like Boozer.

BTW, I thought they had a slight chance if healthy, but I knew there was no chance that they would be healthy. Rose's play style will lead to frequent nagging injuries, if his shooting doesn't improve, and he doesn't start acting like a real point guard. Relying on 150 pound Rip Hamilton is dumb. Deng got lucky last year, but we knew the minutes would get him, and now there is no way he'll be healthy in the playoffs, and it's killed his game. Taj will be gone after next year, and Noah is playing well, but that's it. This team is just not designed to have everyone playing well and healthy at the same time.

Jdez15

Banned
I am tired of this up and down rollercoaster that is the New York Knicks. They will win 5 straight games, then lose 8 in a row. I seriously dont give a damn about it anymore.

Shit, they can't all be an ironman like Boozer.

BTW, I thought they had a slight chance if healthy, but I knew there was no chance that they would be healthy. Rose's play style will lead to frequent nagging injuries, if his shooting doesn't improve, and he starts acting like a real point guard. Relying on 150 pound Rip Hamilton is dumb. Deng got lucky last year, but we knew the minutes would get him, and now there is no way he'll be healthy in the playoffs, and it's killed his game. Taj will be gone after next year, and Noah is playing well, but that's it. This team is just not designed to have everyone playing well and healthy at the same time.

Deng is my main concern now and you called that too.

I didn't think his play would get this bad because when he first played with the wrist after he decided out of surgery, he looked great shooting the ball and only a bit tentative on defense. He still maintains that his wrist isn't as bad as it was when he first played with it.

They're 9-1 when they have their actual starting lineup out there but stats like that(due to the situation) just get a chuckle.

Derrick doesn't worry me too much, he probably won't be 100% ever but him close enough will be fine.

Let's just think Rip won't even make it to the playoffs or beyond, negative thinking leads to positive reality!!!!!

I'm surprised Noah has played as many games as he has. He'll probably need some kind of surgery on his hands once the year is done.

Rubio steps into the weight room to stretch and lift weights, fist-bumping the Wolves strength coach and insulting the team's All-Star, Kevin Love.

"He knows a surprising number of English curse words," Love said. "It's impressive."

Being negative doesn't help shit but his attitude is noteworthy.

Just think when things are going down for the team, he can just give them a few words and brighten everyone up.

Jeez I have been hating on the team lately, but you make me embarrassed to be a Clippers fan. The team is still in much better shape than it has been in recent history. They will be a better team next year most likely. They may even make the second round next year. I don't see them getting extremely far under VDN, but CP3 is still great even without knees. Bledsoe and Evans have both gotten significantly better as the season has progressed. Griffin just needs a better coach to help him along, as he's still a great inside presence offensively.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Deng is my main concern now and you called that too.

I didn't think his play would get this bad because when he first played with the wrist after he decided out of surgery, he looked great shooting the ball and only a bit tentative on defense. He still maintains that his wrist isn't as bad as it was when he first played with it.

They're 9-1 when they have their actual starting lineup out there but stats like that(due to the situation) just get a chuckle.

Derrick doesn't worry me too much, he probably won't be 100% ever but him close enough will be fine.

Let's just think Rip won't even make it to the playoffs or beyond, negative thinking leads to positive reality!!!!!

I'm surprised Noah has played as many games as he has. He'll probably need some kind of surgery on his hands once the year is done.
I'm not saying they should rebuild, but I think it's clear that this current team can't survive a whole grueling season. I think they should focus on the future, though. Butler, I think, can be a tremendous forward if he just keeps his mind right. Mirotic could be amazing, if his Euro stats are any indication. They just need a real SG, and that's it.

Rose/???/Butler/Mirotic/Noah. Defense first, with some offensive ability. It's just that Boozer's contract is so fucking huge. It's funny, but I think the Summer of 2010 fucked so many damn teams up. The Heat actually made sensible contracts, but everyone else (except Mavs) ended up overpaying for their players. Lee, Boozer, Stat, Joe Johnson all got overpaid, and their teams are now stuck with contracts that they can't trade. Deng's huge ass contract comes off in two years (can't wait), and Boozer's the year after. Hopefully, they'll be able to bring someone to the table.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Jeez I have been hating on the team lately, but you make me embarrassed to be a Clippers fan. The team is still in much better shape than it has been in recent history. They will be a better team next year most likely. They may even make the second round next year. I don't see them getting extremely far under VDN, but CP3 is still great even without knees. Bledsoe and Evans have both gotten significantly better as the season has progressed. Griffin just needs a better coach to help him along, as he's still a great inside presence offensively.

Adam is reverting to the "its better to be depressed because then you cant be let down" attitude. Its kinda sad, really.

I'm not saying they should rebuild, but I think it's clear that this current team can't survive a whole grueling season. I think they should focus on the future, though. Butler, I think, can be a tremendous forward if he just keeps his mind right. Mirotic could be amazing, if his Euro stats are any indication. They just need a real SG, and that's it.

Yeah, they have a backup plan for sure.

Not sure when Mirotic will arrive in the NBA but he looks like a legitimate offensive presence(not sure how his defense or close-to-the-basket game is).

Butler was NBA ready defesnively on day 1, he should only get more comfortable on offense as he plays(and he's finally getting solid minutes). Seems like a real hard worker and high character guy as well.

Back to Mirotic, some think he's another Toni Kukoc and some say Dirk Nowitzki but somewhere between would be more than good enough. His shot is no fluke.

Mxrz

Can't watch ESPN or the other talking heads any more. The absolute nuthugging of Chicago and Miami is over the top. Saw some of them flipping out because Dwight thinks the Magic have a shot at the legendary Bulls and Heat. Oh noes! small market getting uppity! Sensationalist bullshit all around.

Ah well, leasts there's Chuck and Shaq.

Can't watch ESPN or the other talking heads any more. The absolute nuthugging of Chicago and Miami is over the top. Saw some of them flipping out because Dwight thinks the Magic have a shot at the legendary Bulls and Heat. Oh noes! small market getting uppity! Sensationalist bullshit all around.

Ummm, Barkley LOVES the Bulls so not sure he is your go-to guy either.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, they have a backup plan for sure.

Not sure when Mirotic will arrive in the NBA but he looks like a legitimate offensive presence(not sure how his defense or close-to-the-basket game is).

Butler was NBA ready defesnively on day 1, he should only get more comfortable on offense as he plays(and he's finally getting solid minutes). Seems like a real hard worker and high character guy as well.

Back to Mirotic, some think he's another Toni Kukoc and some say Dirk Nowitzki but somewhere between would be more than good enough. His shot is no fluke.
Scouting reports say he plays great defense in the Euro league. Here are his stats.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=000796

Who the heck are you?

I don't think you've seen me post around here long enough to know that I wax hyperbolic when it comes to this team sometimes.

And Raging, why you gotta be like that? I thot we wuz kool.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Who the heck are you?

I don't think you've seen me post around here long enough to know that I wax hyperbolic when it comes to this team sometimes.

And Raging, why you gotta be like that? I thot we wuz kool.

Im just trying to help man, face the truth and we can all move forward.

You can love again, its OK.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Seriously fuck that noise.

Thankfully Orlando has the chance in the next two days to get people to shut the hell up about Chicago - Miami for a little while.

Mxrz

Barkley has always been pretty positive on Orlando during the Dwight years. Even Shaq, this year, has been pointing out they still have one of the best records in the league while people yammered on about doom and gloom.

Being favored is one thing, but saying no other teams have any chance is just annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom