• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things that are ridiculously expensive but do not look ridiculously expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
victorian-houses.jpg

To be fair you should see the insides of a real SF victorian.

Flash

Women's fashion. (And accessories.)

No way. My gf and I always talk about how girls have it so much better. There's just so many stores with so much clothing, and a lot of it is cheap as hell too.

On the other hand, I have to spend out of my ass to get a decent shirt and jeans.

EDIT: But I do agree with the poster about the higher end stuff... I'm talking more about more casual everyday wear.

No way. My gf and I always talk about how girls have it so much better. There's just so many stores with so much clothing, and a lot of it is cheap as hell too.

On the other hand, I have to spend out of my ass to get a decent shirt and jeans.

I guess you didn't see the wonderful shoes and purse posted earlier.

NBooger

Banned
bahamas-wedding.jpg

Why I'm never getting married.

Women are so stupid. Blow thousands of dollars on a lame event when the money could go into investments, like a house or something that actually appreciates.

The_Best_Wedding_Reception_Ever_Wedding_Party.jpg

Women are so stupid. Blow thousands of dollars on a lame event when the money could go into investments, like a house or something that actually appreciates.

You know you could find a woman not into this shit. We exist.

Subprime

actually the whole funeral and burial is fucking expensive, at least when they buried my dad the whole went at least 10k, and in the contract with the graveyard said something about being only there for a 100 years then they could reuse the land or something like that.

When I die I want to be buried in an unmarked grave in the woods so that my body can decompose naturally. If I live as I want to what I create should be my gravemarker.

RevDM

Banned
The_Best_Wedding_Reception_Ever_Wedding_Party.jpg

One day... one day you will experience a blowjob and everything will make sense.

Kinyou

bahamas-wedding.jpg

You sound like someone who wouldn't buy a birthday gift for anyone

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
my jeans. 300 bucks for 15 oz selvage denim with a beautiful leather backpatch and brass hardware. no gaudiness to it so it doesnt look expensive but they are wonderfully made. worth every penny.

Digishine

Banned
A Girlfriend.

It doesn't look ridiculously expensive but boy once they found your credit cards may god have mercy on you cause they don't ;b

Arment

A friend of mine just paid $350 for a pair of headphones. Why would anyone do this? There is nothing that can justify me paying that much for a pair of headphones, and I guarantee a $50 pair doesn't sound too much worse than the $350 one.

There is an ample difference between a $50 and $350 pair of headphones.

Hell, there's an noticeable difference between $50 and $100.

Ultima_5

I'm sure you do exist, but there's always a catch (e.g., not good looking, suffering from down syndrome, etc.)

holy shit dude, good luck on these boards. you're gonna need it.

I vaguely remember nintendobooger, anyone give me a refresher?

He posted these obnoxiously pretentious threads. Just browse through this profile.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371488&highlight=
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358017&highlight=

NBooger

Banned
You sound like someone who wouldn't buy a birthday gift for anyone

Once a girl buys me a $3,000 gift to offset the cost of an engagement ring, I'll consider coming out of the pocket for a wedding. My ex thought she had everything mapped out, talking about getting a ring that was better than her best friend's and a wedding big enough to include her whole fat ass family from North Carolina. Better find another sucker to subscribe to that nonsense, not me brother. No ring, no wedding...at least not on my bill.

Subprime

A friend of mine just paid $350 for a pair of headphones. Why would anyone do this? There is nothing that can justify me paying that much for a pair of headphones, and I guarantee a $50 pair doesn't sound too much worse than the $350 one.

This is just ignorant. Better quality headphones distort less and have more even frequency response. this is quantifiable. Sure theres a lot that arent worth the money, but thats not what recording engineers use.

Arment

Once a girl buys me a $3,000 gift to offset the cost of an engagement ring, I'll consider coming out of the pocket for a wedding. My ex thought she had everything mapped out, talking about getting a ring that was better than her best friend's and a wedding big enough to include her whole fat ass family from North Carolina. Better find another sucker to subscribe to that nonsense, not me brother. No ring, no wedding...at least not on my bill.

Best get ready to die alone with that attitude.

I don't really believe in big weddings and extravagant wedding rings myself and there's a lot of girls out there who don't either.

Digishine

Banned

Holy fuck your one bad ass.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Eames-Chairs-3.jpg

These Eames chairs are like 4k

damn, thats a chair i can blackout in....

MAtgS

e762_icade_ion.jpg

Its basically a game controller & some wood. Maybe if it were a charge dock as well then the price would be ok but that's not the case. & what Atari game uses 8 buttons anyway?

$99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom