• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things that are ridiculously expensive but do not look ridiculously expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
IMG_7382.jpg

$16,500

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You know you could find a woman not into this shit. We exist.

Yes and no. I found one. "I hate all that shit, it's so facile and useless."

One MASSIVE expensive wedding later, it turns out that

a) She was into it a bit
b) Family and peer pressure is a bitch
c) My plan of eloping to Hawaii was over

jchap

cameras-a-image-continue-26541.jpg

Purchased this camera (at work)... 200 fs per pixel temporal resolution (200 x 10^-15 s)

Totally worth it though.

I'm not sure some of this fits the spirit of the thread- this still looks pretty expensive, just not that astronomically so. I think the idea is more things that look outright cheap or crappy that are actually really expensive.

I've gotten a good leather purse that was quite attractive for 150 bucks. That thing looks like shit and it's $16,000? Not worth it.

I've also had the same purse for the past five years and it's still in good shape. I'll never understand the women who collect shoes and purses just for variety's sake. Such a waste of money.

Why can't you just wash your dog with a bar of Dove soap?

I don't think bar soap will work for dogs that have thick coats. I use Johnson's baby shampoo on mine and it's still pretty cheap.

greepoman

Also remembered a guy at work bragging about:

550px-Kopi_Luwak_Gayo%2C_Takengon%2C_Aceh.jpg

Kopi luwak (literally, "civet coffee"), up to $100 a cup...

Brewed from beans partially digested and defecated by the Asian palm civet:

320px-Luwak.jpg

According to coffee critic Chris Rubin, "The aroma is rich and strong, and the coffee is incredibly full bodied, almost syrupy. It's thick with a hint of chocolate, and lingers on the tongue with a long, clean aftertaste."

bengraven

bahamas-wedding.jpg

Why I'm never getting married.

Women are so stupid. Blow thousands of dollars on a lame event when the money could go into investments, like a house or something that actually appreciates.

I paid 250 bucks for my wedding/reception and it was a beautiful ceremony in a small church overlooking a meadow.

Fabulous. I wouldn't have noticed you except my girlfriend pointed out your mean spirited, bitter posts.

Might as well ban this user name as well, since I barely post here any more these days. Afterwards, I suggest you rummage through your fat ass girlfriend's purse and find the set of balls you've misplaced. Don't forget to invite me to the wedding!

-NBooger

Bombadil

Banned
Might as well ban this user name as well, since I barely post here any more these days. Afterwards, I suggest you rummage through your fat ass girlfriend's purse and find the set of balls you've misplaced. Don't forget to invite me to the wedding!

-NBooger

OPIATE!!! OPIATE!!! YOU FORGOT TO DOUBLE TAP!!!

Opiate

-NBooger

Thank you for notifying me of this -- will do.

njean777

Ideally it's cooked in panda broth and seasoned with elephant husk. mmmmm :)

Screw that stuff, I would never support what they do to those sharks and then leave them to die. Just like the Dolphin massacres happening. I mean at least if you are going to cut the fin off use the whole shark and make steaks also. I just can not support the way they overfish and kill them just for their fins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom