• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 $40 shipped X360 casey hudson am cry

Hero

My hope for this game is that most of the people who bought it flip it somehow and used copies are the only ones selling.

BibiMaghoo

I think you have unrealistic expectations for the franchise. Each installment so far has sold more than the one before it. I doubt anyone involved considers it poor.

Comparing it to Battlefield and asking why it didn't sell 10 million is kind of crazy.

Perhaps. As someone pointed out, the BF3 sales figure was not at launch, and so that was a bad example on my part.

That being the reason I moved to the Uncharted 3 example. It just strikes me as odd that a game on one platform (of equal hype to ME3) can outsell (or outship) it at launch.

I would generally expect the number of platforms a game is launched on to increase sales accordingly. ME3 on three platforms shipped less than UC3 on one platform.

That is my basis for saying I consider the sales poor. Especially given the hype, marketing, and high scores of the game.

Kusagari

Perhaps. As someone pointed out, the BF3 sales figure was not at launch, and so that was a bad example on my part.

That being the reason I moved to the Uncharted 3 example. It just strikes me as odd that a game on one platform (of equal hype to ME3) can outsell (or outship) it at launch.

I would generally expect the number of platforms a game is launched on to increase sales accordingly. ME3 on three platforms shipped less than UC3 on one platform.

That is my basis for saying I consider the sales poor. Especially given the hype, marketing, and high scores of the game.

Unless UC3 absolutely destroyed the charts in Europe, Sony channel stuffed the hell out of it at launch.

BibiMaghoo

Unless UC3 absolutely destroyed the charts in Europe, Sony channel stuffed the hell out of it at launch.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean?

There seems to have been some confusion at the time regarding if the UC3 numbers were shipped or sold.

Sony later confirmed to IGN that the numbers (3.8m) was Sold, not shipped.
That makes the ME3 numbers look even worse.

Do people consider it wrong of me to measure the success of ME3 in this way then?

Kusagari

There seems to have been some confusion at the time regarding if the UC3 numbers were shipped or sold.

Do people consider it wrong of me to measure the success of ME3 in this way then?

I'd be interested to know how the hell it sold that much when it didn't even cross 1 mill in the U.S. it's first month and then dropped off a cliff.

Must be way more popular in Europe than I figured.

BibiMaghoo

I'd be interested to know how the hell it sold that much when it didn't even cross 1 mill in the U.S. it's first month and then dropped off a cliff.

Must be way more popular in Europe than I figured.

I'd be more interested to know how Sony aquired the figure. To my knowledge, they do not track sell throughs at retail, so I have no idea how they reached that figure.

Still, even shipped is greater than ME3, and on one platform. How can anyone say that the ME3 shipped figure is good? (other than EA)

No, that's not sold numbers for Uncharted 3. Clearly shipped and we have gotten enough sporadic data in Europe about the game to know that they probably haven't even sold through that entire first day shipment yet.

IGN fucks up the whole shipped/sold thing all the time.

BibiMaghoo

No, that's not sold numbers for Uncharted 3. Clearly shipped and we have gotten enough sporadic data in Europe about the game to know that they probably haven't even sold through that entire first day shipment yet.

IGN fucks up the whole shipped/sold thing all the time.

It doesn't really matter though, as my point still stands. Even as shipped the number is greater than ME3 for a single platform game.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Haven't finished ME2 for PC yet so I reckon by the time I get around to finishing it I could pick up ME3 for close to the cost of a pack of smokes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
$40 at Fry's right now and $40 at Best Buy next week

bomba bomba bomba bomba

hudson filled with tears

Top Bottom