• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New New Assassins Creed 3 Screenshots

CrazyDude

From the old thread
Some new shots.

7wzj6e.jpg

1h5kjw.jpg

2m7kei.jpg

3o6k9b.jpg

4t9jcr.jpg

5gakc4.jpg

665k0n.jpg

Pics are amazing except the last, what's going on with those snow trails?

My worst fear is occurring.. they are making unnatural trees with out of place branches, just for the sake of climbing.......

Altering reality to fit good game design is...good game design.

My worst fear is occurring.. they are making unnatural trees with out of place branches, just for the sake of climbing.......

Yeah, its weird some of the trees in those shots. Especially after the video I got to see at PAX. In the video the creative director was talking about how they made it a point to make the trees look natural, and that they didn't look manufactured for a game. The trees in the gameplay video at least looked nice and natural. It even showed Conner "monkey barring" his way through a couple branched and landing in-between the branches of a tree with two split branches.

Strange....

Yeah, they should have gone back to the 1800's and charted all the forests back then to make them look more natural, THEN built the climbing around it.

Einhander

I hope they emphasize on exploring the wilderness because I love games that throw you into nature and invite you to wander around. A couple previous games that were similar to that, which come to mind, are Metal Gear Solid 3 and Uncharted 1.

pargonta

snow environments in games... so much love.

but i see lots of jank like branch clipping and awkward snow trails, immersion breaking jungle gym trees.. i hope it turns out believable.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Why is that your "worst fear"? Failing to do so would actually result in a boring game.

BosSin

It's excellent. That way when people quote the same images ad nauseum, it doesn't make you want to slap a dolphin. OP simply shouldn't have put them in a quote.

it would be slightly better if there was a quick way to keep the images in original size rather than it going back to small version once you release mouse

injurai

Banned
Weird image dimensions.

Snow looks kind of flat. I guess Uncharted 2's snow spoiled me.

After replaying Uncharted 2, I realized how fake that affect is. It just kinda renders some fluff behind each of drakes feet. And not even directly where his feet are, more like your typical quasi-foot prints that some games have.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it would be slightly better if there was a quick way to keep the images in original size rather than it going back to small version once you release mouse

Click and drag the image slightly. You can then use the arrow keys to navigate the page if the image is larger than your browser window size.

Looking forward to the PC version, and all the wonderful pics it will spawn it the PC screenshot thread. Please keep the PC-release within a 2 week window of the console version now Ubisoft!

Smo21

Viewed these on my phone and they look fine. Was hoping to not see right angle branches everywhere but for game play reasons it makes sense. Look forward to some video tho cuz most games look better in motion. Hopefully we get something before e3.

Edit. Guess I over exaggerated the right angle trees. Still waiting on video ubi.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Really ugly, and nothing about these environments seems interesting to navigate.

Top Bottom