• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2012

Roto13

Good to see you learnt something from the ban.

Miss me, sweetheart?
3AQmK.gif

NeoRausch

Just R? Does L rotate counterclockwise?

Can you use the slide pad instead of the d-pad to move?
Just tried it:

Totally forgot: L speeds up your block
Slidepad can be used. Personally i prefer the dpad more 'cause of the tetris-esque nature of this game.

Roto13

My friend here in Canada wants to buy 3D Classics Kid ICarus but apparently the EB Games site doesn't carry it. If he orders it from the American GameStop site, will it work on his Canadian 3DS, and will they just email him the code?

M3d10n

My friend here in Canada wants to buy 3D Classics Kid ICarus but apparently the EB Games site doesn't carry it. If he orders it from the American GameStop site, will it work on his Canadian 3DS, and will they just email him the code?

At worst case he'll need to go into the system settings and switch his region to "US", redeem the code, download the game, then switch back to "Canada". Same-region stores are not locked and you can freely move around them.

Roto13

Yeah, I'm fairly confident it would work and if I wanted the game I'd do it that way myself. Friend is paranoid, though. :p I've personally never run into a country-locked download code that wasn't an eShop or PSN card for obvious reasons. But apparently it's sucky on Xbox.

In other news, if this page was available right now, it would say that Europe's getting Colors 3D next week for 6 euros, according to someone in the Colors thread.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeah, I'm fairly confident it would work and if I wanted the game I'd do it that way myself. Friend is paranoid, though. :p I've personally never run into a country-locked download code that wasn't an eShop or PSN card for obvious reasons. But apparently it's sucky on Xbox.

In other news, if this page was available right now, it would say that Europe's getting Colors 3D next week for 6 euros, according to someone in the Colors thread.

3DS is not region locked for the country though, just the region. You could just switch your 3DS to a US state when you enter the code if required to do so.

So, is 3D Classics Kid Icarus ever gonna be available on the e-shop? Want my revenge with the game after completely failing about 2 years ago (I think I didn't get the experience system, cause I never see the game mentioned on hardest NES games topics)

Roto13

So, is 3D Classics Kid Icarus ever gonna be available on the e-shop? Want my revenge with the game after completely failing about 2 years ago (I think I didn't get the experience system, cause I never see the game mentioned on hardest NES games topics)

I think it'd be hilarious if it never came out on the eShop proper. "This GameStop exclusivity bullshit has gone too far."

But Nintendo's own shit? What's the hold up? Why not put all your big retro guns out there and let people buy 'em up? Where's there even any risk in that? It's digital content! No shipping fees, no storage fees, I know you all know this already, but damn.

They've had virtual console in their "development budget" for years already with the Wii and I am disappointed with their rate of releases. More than that, I honestly don't understand why it's so slow.
Theory is opportunity cost and future risk to cashflow as people are more likely the first new release in 2 months rather than, oh I'm still playing that game from last week then theres the other one. There needs to be a fine balance between not pushing everything at once and overwhleming people (resulting in less bought) and general apathy toward the pacing of new releases and ultimately the releases themselves (plus getting these to other regions, I've all but given up on Nintendo DD platforms as its easier for me not to care about the games than get angry over them).

Basically with the Wii VC they went too quickly for the amount of third party interest but were able to use WiiWare as a buffer as they built a nice queue of titles.

I wonder how releasing stuff quicker but then randomly putting it on sale would work? Then again Iwata views sales as the most dangerous thing on the planet as consumers learn to wait for them which hurts bottom line in all senses of the word.

NeoRausch

Ketzal's corridors is pretty awesome. It also runs at 60 fps in 3D, which by itself makes it worth the $7 asking price.
Yupp, and getting medalls if super addictive!

get all hearts, best time, fill all spaces, get all puzzles...Ahhhh!

gotta catch them all!

EDIT:
and somehow i love (LOVE!) the soundeffects for turning and shifting the block. Sounds like crazy acid space cats doing a heavy party.
oh and that little wobble motion when turning... Love it too.

That's cool. Zombie Panic was an extremely well-made game, it just doesn't have nearly enough depth or content to justify the $10 asking price.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
There's no new eShop original software listed for the next two weeks... Maybe that means we'll finally get some Virtual Console releases.

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

A $2 3DSWare game?! It won't be worth buying since Teyon sucks, but that's interesting to know that Nintendo's letting them sell it that cheap.

I just assumed the limit was $5 for 3DSWare since everything available so far is at least $5. 3D tax and all that. They obviously don't use the exact same structure as they did for DSiware, since 3DSware has $6 and $7 games while DSiware games can only be $2, $5, $8, or (in extremely rare cases) $10 or $12

EDIT - NVM, I guess that Pyramids game is $4

Somnid

I just assumed the limit was $5 for 3DSWare since everything available so far is at least $5. 3D tax and all that. They obviously don't use the exact same structure as they did for DSiware, since 3DSware has $6 and $7 games while DSiware games can only be $2, $5, $8, or (in extremely rare cases) $10 or $12

The spread is more granular but the caps are probably the same $2-$15. Actually that's probably not true either once they start DD of retail games.

The spread is more granular but the caps are probably the same $2-$15. Actually that's probably not true either once they start DD of retail games.

Yeah, retail games moved to the eShop will likely come in at $20-30, depending.

Still, it's a good sign that the eShop can support these games. Both in the sense that it can handle larger games, but also that they see the eShop as healthy enough for them.

GeekyDad

That's cool. Zombie Panic was an extremely well-made game, it just doesn't have nearly enough depth or content to justify the $10 asking price.

Got it when it first came out for Wii, and though it's cool to look at, I wouldn't call it "an extremely well-made game." Enemies throwing shit at you from off screen, and there really should be no camera movement in a game like that, though there is when you get to the very edge of the screen. Also, the difficulty feels artificial and obnoxious later on. It has its pluses, though, and I enjoyed it for a good while, but ultimately, I was sorry for having paid as much as I did for it. Played the recent iPhone version and erased it almost immediately. It's free on iOS, so it will be interesting to see what value Nintendo gives to this title.

Brazil

uxwGK.png

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy I's "Kaitei Shinden" (¥150) Upcoming (04/18)
    Final Fantasy V's "Battle 1" (¥150) Upcoming (04/18)
    Final Fantasy X's "Houdou" (¥150) Upcoming (04/18)
    Final Fantasy XII's "Shitou" (¥150) Upcoming (04/18)

uxwGK.png

• Theatrhythm Final Fantasy DLC (Square Enix)
    Final Fantasy I's "Kaitei Shinden" (¥150) Upcoming (04/18)
    Final Fantasy V's "Battle 1" (¥150) Upcoming (04/18)
    Final Fantasy X's "Houdou" (¥150) Upcoming (04/18)
    Final Fantasy XII's "Shitou" (¥150) Upcoming (04/18)
I keep seeing all these DLC announcements for Theatrhythm and all they do is remind me that this game is going to make me very broke and Square Enix very happy :(

Another thing, not sure if anyone saw this on the last page but I'm looking for some help from someone in the US in regards to getting a download code for Kid Icarus from the US Gamestop site for my US 3DS. I'm in a Australia and the Gamestop site won't let me use my Aus Credit Card on the site to buy a code for the game and I really want to check it out. As I said I'd be more then happy to reimburse for your troubles and maybe even chuck in a little extra if need be. Anyone who can help please PM me.

I keep seeing all these DLC announcements for Theatrhythm and all they do is remind me that this game is going to make me very broke and Square Enix very happy :(

Another thing, not sure if anyone saw this on the last page but I'm looking for some help from someone in the US in regards to getting a download code for Kid Icarus from the US Gamestop site for my US 3DS. I'm in a Australia and the Gamestop site won't let me use my Aus Credit Card on the site to buy a code for the game and I really want to check it out. As I said I'd be more then happy to reimburse for your troubles and maybe even chuck in a little extra if need be. Anyone who can help please PM me.

oh crap, sorry, wish i had knew :( would have bougt you one :(

also i had a terrible experience with fucking gamestop today :(

Missed this somehow, but Spanish developer Shanblue announced Vampire Crystals a few days ago, a new twin-stick shooter with coop for WiiWare and the 3DS eShop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJy_5yZFcT4
The game was in fact announced a year ago at iDÉAME. This year they had an almost finished WiiWare version up and running there, while the 3DS one was in pre-alpha and buggy as fuck.

Overall I found it a very fast paced twin stick shooter. It was fun and it had local coop multiplayer, but I'm not a fan of the genre.

Also, since no one seems to have posted it yet here, let me continue my shameless self-pimpage: In the iDÉAME thread I've been discussing two new eShop games, Nicalis' 1001 Spikes for 3DS and Wii U and Abylight & Delirium's The Delusions of Von Stottendorf for 3DS.

Shin'en finally released some Art of Balance TOUCH! screens today.

Looks pretty good. Water effects are a definite downgrade from the WiiWare version, but I guess that comes down to a hardware limitation that can't really be overcome (even RE:R had pretty poor water effects).

Star Fox 64 3D had amazing water, though.

Is this just a straight port of the Wiiware game? An enhanced port? An actual sequel? Come on Shin'en, release some info!

Brazil

This is the paid video's description:

"After an inventor makes a breakthrough, he leaves his incapable assistant alone with his new wonder invention, which leads to wealth, love...and catastrophe!"

vYU92.png

• Colors! 3D (Collecting Smiles | €6.00 | £5.40) Upcoming (04/19)

Nintendo 3DS | Video Content

• The 3D Machine (Ka-Ching Cartoons | €1.00 | £0.90) Upcoming (04/19)

Wii | WiiWare

• Rush Rush Rally Racing (redspot games | 900 Points) Upcoming (04/19)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Thanks Brazil :). I really like the Wiiware original so this is definitely on my radar. Do we have any suggestion as to when this is likely to be available yet?

It's slated for a Q2 release in Europe.

M3d10n

Looks pretty good. Water effects are a definite downgrade from the WiiWare version, but I guess that comes down to a hardware limitation that can't really be overcome (even RE:R had pretty poor water effects).

I think the 3DS GPU doesn't support indirect texturing (using a texture to distort another texture). I have yet to see a game where the water with distortion effects, which is a shame because the 3DS GPU, feature-wise, is far superior than the Wii GPU (pretty much all effects in the Wii were hacks done using indirect texturing).

BTW, the water in Star Fox 64 3D was merely a clever use of specular highlights, without any reflection/refraction distortion like seen in many Wii games.

Top Bottom