• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

SxP

About Chime, is there some difference between the PC and the PS3 version?

The PS3 version has the 5 songs from the PC version (so not the Portal song) + 5 extra songs. It also has local multiplayer and different stages after every 100% (on the PC version it just resets the stage after a 100% of a stage).

kennah

Well that free Sanctum weekend was useful. I figured it was the kind of game that would be right up my alley, but I ended up not liking it. Thanks Steam!

HoosTrax

I just fired up X3: Terran Conflict...am I an idiot, or does this game not support TrackIR? Maybe I mistakenly confused the game with Evochron Mercenary, which does support TrackIR.

Persona7

Banned
We will soon be able to play The Adventures of Shuggy on Steam. It is about time: this game had several interesting game mechanics, notably a time mechanic similar to Braid's, yet, althrough both games were being developed at the same time, Braid was released before and got all the credits while Shuggy was a commercial failure.

I just saw this and did a search leading to this post.

Awesome.

MRORANGE

Looks like WARP want's you to login every single time your start the game, if you do this your game save is saved online so you cannot use it for offline play (vice versa)

This is amazingly stupid, it doesn't help that the game will not remember your origin details and will ask every single time for your username and password

C6Vb6.jpg

it's a fun stealth based game but really this shit is intolerable.

Baha

Looks like WARP want's you to login every single time your start the game, if you do this your game save is saved online so you cannot use it for offline play (vice versa)

This is amazingly stupid, it doesn't help that the game will not remember your origin details and will ask every single time for your username and password

C6Vb6.jpg

Yikes, a login screen is one thing but it not remembering your credentials is down right obtuse. I'm glad I passed on that indie pack.

seldead

just went out and bought Batman AC. It's a little late me asking but how does it run on a 5850?
other specs are 8 gigs ram and 2500k 4.3ghz

allansm

It's the same with Gatlings Gears. It's annoying, true, but it's something I can tolerate for the price I paid for each game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
just went out and bought Batman AC. It's a little late me asking but how does it run on a 5850?
other specs are 8 gigs ram and 2500k 4.3ghz
DX11 stuff will get you very inconsistent performance, especially tesselation. Best to just turn that off. Dynamic shadows carry a decent weight but it's totally worth it to me. Other than that, I ran max everything and enjoyed 45-60fps.

Glad I decided against buying it. I hope Shank 2 doesn't do that crap.

I love chime. It is one of my favorite impulse buys. I would gladly pay money for more songs.

If you reflex puzzles and/or good music even a little bit, you really need to buy it for such a low price.

Sysgen

C6Vb6.jpg

Gatling Gears also does this and yes it is amazingly stupid though the game is great. Imagine to use your Steam cloud saves you had to enter your credentials every time.

hym

Banned

So my initial assumption looks likely, the key reason for this game appearing on Steam is because they licensed the Source engine, a sad policy when you read about games that I enjoyed but got rejected on Steam.

Licensing technology from Valve shouldn't give a pass on the Steam approval process.

Thank goodness Ridge Racer Unbounded had a demo on Steam; now I know that I can take it off of my wishlist.

The drifting feels awful to me and the boosting/takedowns/explosions mechanic feels very unsatisfying.

So my initial assumption looks likely, the key reason for this game appearing on Steam is because they licensed the Source engine, a sad policy when you read about games that I enjoyed but got rejected on Steam.

Licensing technology from Valve shouldn't give a pass on the Steam approval process.

If this is true, a guaranteed spot on the Steam store is probably a huge incentive for developers to pay for a Source license. Can't really blame Valve here... it's good business and it is their own private store after all.

Card Boy

Banned
4 months LTTP but i noticed they removed the SecuROM DRM from Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga.

Also holy shit Devil May Cry 4 is the best console to PC port I have ever played.

Is it bad that I'm waiting for Torchlight 2 to go in a sale?

I'd say so. TL1 was well worth $20 when it came out, and TL2 has a ton more content and online co-op. Plus, you can get it for $15 in a 4 pack, and it comes with a free copy of TL1 to give to a friend.

Waiting for a sale is just going to deprive yourself of a great experience over a measly $10. Get it while the community is super-hot and everyone here is already playing it, so that there's a larger pool of people to co-op with.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's, uh, "nice" of Activision to reduce the Aussie Tax on Black Ops 2 by $10, but as a result the game is cheaper at its pre-purchase price than the now-half-a-year-old Modern Warfare 3.

Kotick: "Regional price gauging... how does it work?"

Salsa

decided to clear up the backlog a bit and ive been playing splinter cell conviction for a few hours now..

.. this aint too bad guys, its super stupid, but the gameplay is alright. i really dont mind the "mark to kill" thing

Blablurn

lame. in the afternoon i tried the demo of arkham asylum on my old laptop. it ran perfectly. no problems at all. so this is when i decided to buy the game off steam. but when i started it it ran like shit. low framerate all over the place. even with details low :(

Kabouter

Also decided to clean the backlog a bit, and played and finished Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. The early acts are fine, a bit bland visually and quite repetitive, but nothing too bad. The final two or three acts are terrible. Quantities of enemies ramp up and environments become too open, dodgy checkpoint placement only ups the level of frustration. They make things worse in the sixth act by sending you in completely alone, eliminating what was by far the most interesting part of the game. The seventh, and final, act is somewhat better in that you have a team again, but they decide to end it with a bloody boss fight.

Sounds pretty terrible right? Gets worse. Music is poor and often annoying, atmosphere is basically absent and the story is completely uninteresting and makes little sense.

I'm assuming the game shines in multiplayer, given all the high reviews it got. But going by just the single-player mode, 3/10.

IrishNinja

okay, so ive been trying to get the massive Witcher 2 update for like weeks now (slow-ass connection here). first time it nearly finished and i think it failed cause i was really low on HDD space,

this time, it's done but shows as "paused update", when i hit resume it checks again and goes back to that eventually. i had to move Witcher 2 to my D drive via steammover prior, is this what's messing it up? how can i fix this shit?

Nabs

lame. in the afternoon i tried the demo of arkham asylum on my old laptop. it ran perfectly. no problems at all. so this is when i decided to buy the game off steam. but when i started it it ran like shit. low framerate all over the place. even with details low :(

Is Physx on?

Nymerio

I'm kinda in the mood for some Stalker. I have both games, should I just start with the first one? Any thing I should know in advance? Essential mods, etc?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm kinda in the mood for some Stalker. I have both games, should I just start with the first one? Any thing I should know in advance? Essential mods, etc?

The Complete mods are a must and... that's about all I know.

Well first of all there are 3 Stalker games. You should just install the Stalker complete mod for whichever version you're playing and start off from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom