• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chibits is by far the best thing about Chobits.

Yes, Chibits would be a great way to finish the series despite the fact that I am now watching the .5 chat episodes at the moment. I guess I could not agree with you about not needing to watch those episodes to get the full Chobits enjoyment, along with your statement that Dog Days is better than Mayoi Neko Overrun. :'(

It doesn't help that they're often using basically the worst designs available for each character in the original source.

I mean, these two are both female Hideyoshi Toyotomi from the original Sengoku Collection:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/ToyotomiHideyoshi_younggirl_01_No8.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/ToyotomiHideyoshi_advisormaiden_01_No6.gif
The design that's going to appear in the anime next week should be obvious... And that's not even getting into the male versions which have been completely excluded from the anime.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/ToyotomiHideyoshi_normal_01_No7.gif[/
(This is the male counterpart to the one that's going be used in the anime)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/ToyotomiHideyoshi_advisor_01_No5.gif
(This is the counterpart to that older one)

Is there a site or some sort that shows the different character designs. I mean the anime might be using the absolute worst designs but I am interested in seeing the others now.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I hope you didn't vote for Victorique. Because if you did....

AjXi1.gif

I will.

But you cant stop this kind of bleeding with nen unless you have a specific hability.. for this purpose ( managing your body ) .
At best with a strenghtning nen you can close wounds given that those type can regen quickly ( like gon ).

They could have played the whole thing as his arms were fake or something as well. I guess, still trying to understand the nen + other stuff too.

/XX/

J.C. Staff in particular has a bad reputation when it comes to Blu Ray releases and poor upscales.
Well, that is more a problem for the production committee/publisher that commissions the task, and the authoring center in charge that has to work with the already edited material provided that they can attain. At least Sony PCL's handling of the video resolution upscale (what they now call Real Scaling for HD, as seen here http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20110808_466237.html) and re-mastering process necessary for the Toradora! Blu-Ray disc release was kind of a good job, compared to the ones made for other related works from the same animation production studio (as far as I've seen examples of it).

cajunator

Banned
Are the choices that difficult to have to abstain so many times?
Its been pretty easy for me. Except stuff involving C.C., Holo, Iri, stuffl ike that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If I ever voted, for some reason, I'd have to pretty much abstain on every choices.

Which is one of the many reasons I don't vote.

I don't vote as much as I anti-vote, generally casting votes for the opposing character in any match involving K-On! or Angel Beats regardless of how moeshit the opposing character is. I've cast votes for loathsome characters like Shana, Fear Kubrick, and Kirino just because they were up against Mio or Tachibana Kanade.

cajunator

Banned
I don't vote as much as I anti-vote, generally casting votes for the opposing character in any match involving K-On! or Angel Beats regardless of how moeshit the opposing character is. I've cast votes for loathsome characters like Shana, Fear Kubrick, and Kirino just because they were up against Mio or Tachibana Kanade.

I vote against Kirino no matter who the opposition is. I guesS I really do hate her a lot.

Jex

[Eureka Seven AO] - 6

This week’s episode did a good job in assuaging some of the fears that myself and others had about the trajectory this show was heading it. It doesn’t actually answer the wider question of ‘what this is show is about’ or what the ‘end game’ might be (and it actually raises a number of further questions) but at least it answers the question of “is this all going to be terrible ‘anime’?”

As has been noted earlier, last weeks episode felt incredibly ‘anime’, to the point where it felt like the show was either trying to make some kind of point or the writers were terrible hacks Luckily for everyone the vast majority of the stuff we saw in the previous episode was used to build up certain expectations about the show which this episode tore down.

It turns out that
Generation Bleu might actually be an extremely dangerous place to work, as various adults characters mentioned last week. Despite their friendly and open nature, the adults in the organisation are dedicated professionals doing their best for the pilots. The pilots themselves seem to understand the risks they are undertaking and they’re used to handing dangerous situations. They aren’t just there to be cute or set up jokes. Well, for the most part. Elena is still terrible otaku fodder who has no reason to exist.

Of course, the biggest revelation of the episode was that the ‘Secrets’ might not be the primary antagonist in the show – the Truth appears to be a member of a completely separate faction not aligned with the humans or the Secrets, it’s purpose and goals are explicitly unclear. The appearance of the truth certainly throws a curve-ball into my expectations of how the show is going to unfold, which is always nice to see.

Of course, none of this means that the show won't turn into a complete mess further down t he line, but at the very least it will be a new and interesting mess that perhaps we haven't seen before.

Dresden

You've already lost by voting.

Jex

Are the choices that difficult to have to abstain so many times?
Its been pretty easy for me. Except stuff involving C.C., Holo, Iri, stuffl ike that.

I don't recognise 80% of the characters and most of the ones I do recognise are bad characters from bad shows.

Jex

Well that would explain that Rei-themed hotel room I stayed in. I wanted an Asuka one but if Rei was the most popular then it would make sense that it would be Rei.

Wait, who would want to stay in a Rei themed hotel room? I don't imagine it being very hygienic or pleasant. It would logically have cold, metal walls, an uncomfortable bed with no padding, pills on all the surfaces and bloody bandages everywhere.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Acchi Kocchi 7

The skits in this series are basically being retold all the time... It's always
Tsumiki being tsundere and then surrendering, Mayoi provoking her and getting killed, Tsubaki or Mayoi almost dying in some shounenfied sports event...
But the presentation and the VAs are so good I don't even mind.

The moe took over... But kawaii will never die.

And neither will Io's badassery.
I'll be so frustrated if they don't get together in the end.

Two CG scenes in this episode. That's a new record. And there was also... Sakuga. Damn. Those rocket scenes were awesome, hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom