• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5: Five Cities, Five Main Characters

Zep

Banned
CRAZY TAXI RETURNS!

EJSh6TnComlRoOG.jpg

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Yes Haruka!! I've been wanting her as Kazumas successor for awhile now! While that may not be her role I'm glad she's being allowed ta grow up an do stuff, playable stuff at that!

But wtf at Saejima over Tanimura?? Boo!

now this could happen, basically a bunch of sidequest involving Kiryu fixing problem that his customer have, like customer will take a ride on his Taxi, talk about his life problem etc, and then Kiryu solve problems. just like the busybody he always is. hahaha

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
YESSS.

YES.

No.

Yes. Akiyama is boring. His character is basically in every anime ever. Tanimura is a corrupt cop who's kind of a jerk, so that gives some variety instead of NICE GUY KIRYU and NICE GUY AKIYAMA and call it a wild hunch but NICE GIRL HARUKA

I was sure Daigo would be the next main character though.

Suzuki Yu

man this looks & sounds amazing

Yes Haruka!! I've been wanting her as Kazumas successor for awhile now! While that may not be her role I'm glad she's being allowed ta grow up an do stuff, playable stuff at that!

Saejima was the best new character in Y4 hands down, i am really glad he is returning in Y5

I wish they had Tanimura, too. I like Saejima as well, but Tanimura was a great character. It's kind of disappointing that he's not back for 5. It's time to start the 'make Tanimura playable in Yakuza 6' campaign.

LiK

Throw in a bit of Space Channel 5 for Haruka and this will be the perfect Sega game.

this will be the greatest game evar.

now this could happen, basically a bunch of sidequest involving Kiryu fixing problem that his customer have, like customer will take a ride on his Taxi, talk about his life problem etc, and then Kiryu solve problems. just like the busybody he always is. hahaha

you might be right. we solve problems in the previous games already.

Yes. Akiyama is boring. His character is basically in every anime ever. Tanimura is a corrupt cop who's kind of a jerk, so that gives some variety instead of NICE GUY KIRYU and NICE GUY AKIYAMA and call it a wild hunch but NICE GIRL HARUKA

I was sure Daigo would be the next main character though.

Tanimura is like the corrupt cop with a heart of gold, and in the end, he stand on the nice guy side anyway, it's not like he's a morally gray character who will kill bad people etc. he's the same kind of guy with Kiryu and Akiyama

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Kiryu the taxi driver? What on Earth

Hopefully it doesn't take them a year to bring this Stateside. Well, hopefully it comes Stateside, actually.

Yuterald

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Just saw the scans! Holy shit! Haruka playable character!?!?! 5 cities!? Kazuma a taxi driver! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Fucking most wanted game right now. Seriously, everything else can MOVE THE FUCK OVER! Please, PLEASE let this be localized! SEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Now that I re-think over the ending to 4, it was pretty obvious Saejima would stick around unlike Tanimura but still. There shall be backlash for his exclusion!!

Saejima was the best new character in Y4 hands down, i am really glad he is returning in Y5

His story was an enormous wtf copout and he's sooo slow and unfun to play as!

I wish they had Tanimura, too. I like Saejima as well, but Tanimura was a great character. It's kind of disappointing that he's not back for 5. It's time to start the 'make Tanimura playable in Yakuza 6' campaign.

Great and cute and fun to play as! The campaign must succeed!

Yakuza 5 West a digital title?

NO! Don't even give 'em such a horrible idea!

Coxy

fuck yes, just what I was hoping for, give me Kiryi, Akiyama, Majima, Daigo and a new guy
daigo really deserves to get to kick some ass at last, especially after what they did to him in dead souls

Apdiddy

Awesome that this is coming out in Japan (no one thought we would get Yakuza 4 or Yakuza: Dead Souls in the States and we did). So Sega may do the same and release this in the US unless it's too close to the PS4 (?) launch. Of course, I too still haven't finished Yakuza 1 yet -- it couldn't hurt Sega to release a Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Collection & that Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan game in the U.S....not to mention those PSP games as PSN only games for Vita.

kiryogi

Banned
Whats rather interesting about Haruka's mature look is that she looks similar to how she did in RgG1 and 2 before the massive change with the engine.

klee123

Awesome that this is coming out (no one thought we would get Yakuza 4 or Yakuza: Dead Souls in the States and we did). Of course, I too still haven't finished Yakuza 1 yet -- it couldn't hurt Sega to release a Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Collection & that Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan game in the U.S....not to mention those PSP games as PSN only games for Vita.

HD Collection maybe, but I doubt they'd bother with kenzan.

Whats rather interesting about Haruka's mature look is that she looks similar to how she did in RgG1 and 2 before the massive change with the engine.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.. I far prefer the original Haruka look to the Y3/Y4 obnoxious looking Haruka. Good to see this return.

Playable Haruka? Kiryu driving a taxi cab? SIGN ME UP SEGA, NOW BRING IT TO WEST!

...I'm slightly disappointed there is no proper playable Majima, it needs to be done.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
The newcomer in the bunch, Shinda, is a former baseball player. He was given a life ban from the game for gambling, but it seems that he may have been innocent. He's currently struggling with debt.
QO5Wt.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Sega's using a new engine for this... did they say what it is yet?

I'm hoping it's something they're going to be able to use well... don't need mah Yakuza running at 25fps like everything else.

would love to see some Binary Domain cameo in there.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Just saw the scans! Holy shit! Haruka playable character!?!?! 5 cities!? Kazuma a taxi driver! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Fucking most wanted game right now. Seriously, everything else can MOVE THE FUCK OVER! Please, PLEASE let this be localized! SEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

this.

Is this likely the last Yakuza game of the main series on PS3?

nope. PS3 will go for a long time. count on it.

Suzuki Yu

nope. PS3 will go for a long time. count on it.
i think the last game would be 6 and it will be an improvement form what they are trying to implement in this game.
the first game for next-gen most likely will be a spin-off title just like KENZAN (but maybe in space this time!)

Getting tired of that old Yakuza look? Yakuza of the End may be the last you see of it. In an interview with Famitsu this week, Sega's Toshihiro Nagoshi revealed that Yakuza 5 uses a new engine.

Despite the changes, it looks like many of Yakuza's familiar elements will be returning in Yakuza 5, including adventure and battle parts, and play spots around town. Regarding play elements around town, Nagoshi said to expect the greatest volume in series history.

Our first official online look at Yakuza 5 will come tomorrow.

http://andriasang.com/con142/yakuza5_new_engine/

Top Bottom