• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Electronic Arts E3 2012 Press Conference Thread

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dead Space 3
- At the end of Dead Space 1, I thought "I don't really think this needs a sequel"
- At the end of Dead Space 2, I thought "Well, this really doesn't need a sequel"
- I liked both games well enough, but I thought that Dead Space 2 was the weaker of the two
- I won't play this game in co-op, so at best it'll be something I don't care about, at the worst it'll take away from the game.
- Nothing about the preview here made me feel like I need to add anything to the above.

Madden
- That football guy gave a pretty awesome pump-up speech
- A fake Twitter feed? Give me a fucking break.
- LOL Madden who cares?

SimCity Social
- Visually looks OK, although it reminds me more of Theme Park in its use of colour than Sim City.
- Based on that iPad Simpsons game, I don't see any reality where this isn't positively fucking infested with garbage IAP gameplay loops and friend spamming.
- I will try it out with my alt facebook account that I use to play games.

SimCity
- Looks great
- Love the depth of field, gives the whole thing a miniaturized look
- like that they're incorporating even more multiplayer-type features
- Looks much deeper than Societies or whatever.
- I like some of the construction stuff they showed.
- The firetrucks looked awesome, as did the monster disaster
- Very worried about IAP.
- LOL ORIGIN LOL

West and Zampella
- LOLLLLL YES

Battlefield 3 Premium
- This game already came out.
- I didn't buy it then.
- I don't think this is an astounding value at all. First, one DLC is already out so many people have already bought it, so we're down to 4 DLCs. "Early access" is absurdly bullshit, and basically a psychological experiment that gamers are flunking. The weapons are a joke. I think there's a very small contingent who will so assuredly want all 5 DLC that $50 makes sense as a pricepoint.

The Old Republic
- I didn't buy it then.
- The people who did probably aren't playing it any more.
- I don't really care about the Star Wars universe and I don't really feel like this is a lively or engaging or unique presentation of the Star Wars universe.
- Nothing they showed looked fun
- Not being someone who follows MMOs, "Play for free up to level 15" seems like the first step towards F2P and a vindication of criticism that subscription MMOs aren't tenable.

Medal of Honour 2
- A game exactly like this game already came out.
- I didn't buy it then.
- I don't think it was really all that well received.
- The on-screen prompt said "STUMP", so I will give EA's conference 10/10
- Another "follow dude who says 'this way' and breach doors" game. Oh good. There weren't enough of those in ten thousand other games this generation. This way. Hey, this way. Follow me. Walk in a straight line. This way. Hey, this way. Turret section. This way. Let's go finish this.
- Looks like you can play as Poland and Canada in multiplayer. Those are cool places.
- Listing the name of the song in the corner is crassly commercial and Linkin Park sucks. This is the dude equivalent of watching 90210.

Madden NFL Social
- I'd rather watch a Youtube video of a guy popping a really gross zit then pay attention to this.

FIFA Something
- He tawlks funny gahyuck
- "social network" "leveling up" "tablet" "connected" "fifa"

Dudes Beating Each Other Up
- I thought THQ had the UFC license and EA had a bunch of bad blood with UFC…
- Oh holy shit this is a big deal
- I still don't care
18:19 Nirolak fight night?
18:20 stump uh
18:20 stump that was a ufc logo
18:20 Nirolak mma2?
18:20 stump thq has the ufc license
18:20 stump unless
18:20 Nirolak oh
18:20 stump OH
18:20 Nirolak wow
18:20 Nirolak lololololololol
18:20 quincognito ?
18:20 Nirolak thq is sooooooooooooooooo fucked

Need for Speed 2012
- Sounded like Prodigy in the background, good choice.
- They didn't actually show the game at all in the trailer
- Looks very pretty, better than any NFS game I've seen before
- I did feel like not much happened, but it's hard to get the feel of a racing game from footage
- The guy clearly got busted 90% of the way through but the game has god mode turned on.
- LOL ORIGIN LOL

Crysis 3
- God mode turned on again, guy got shot like 50 times at beginning of demo and then another 50 by the helicopter.
- Nothing happened that interested me.
- "Override the generator" <-- every game ever
- The textures looked good to me.
- Shooting down a helicopter <-- every game ever

They repeatedly said 10 games but showed 12. Madden and FIFA Social must not count?

EA remains the most well-presented conference of all of them. Good presenters, pretty good timekeeping, demos that effectively represent what the game is about. I like a pretty wide variety of game types but only SimCity PC and NFS MW actually really interested me.

4/10

MS

Brinbe

Sad at no glimpse @ NBA Live. But whatever your opinons on the game, that's how you do a conference. I really liked it.

Honestly, apart from BF3/MOH, I'll end up playing most of those games at some point.

Top Bottom